Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Rise of the TMNT Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 02-04-2018, 07:04 PM   #3101
Mini-Turtle
Random Punk

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
They need to do another one, cause that special ended on a cliffhanger.
I would like to see another one, too! And the second one should be a 2-parter, with Shredder falling into a vat of Mutagen at the end of the first part.

"My sweet little turtle tush! Ow! Owie! Ow!"
Old 02-05-2018, 12:08 AM   #3102
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
You don't think Nick will make some kind of 2012 TMNT specials down the road? I'd bet they will. They have all the assets.
I figured it would be more of a case of 'leave 2012 in the past' and put everything into Rise of the TMNT. For better or for worse, this is the new thing, this is where all energy will be focused on. Why would they waste time backtracking to a previous series?

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/

Last edited by Jester; 02-05-2018 at 12:55 PM.
Old 02-05-2018, 12:28 AM   #3103
Papenbrook
*The King of Nothing*

I wonder if Casey will ever even appear in this series.

So far, it doesn't seem like it.
Old 02-05-2018, 12:35 AM   #3104
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Casey has become a staple of the tmnt franchise. I highly doubt he'll be even a mjnor character, let alone not appear at all.

Shredder could've done more than blow up the Channel Six building. I don't mean as far as murdering Splinter, but think of the possibilities if censors were not an issue.

Shredder and Krang combined had the biggest arsenal of any villains in all of the cartoons.
Old 02-05-2018, 01:15 AM   #3105
Dragnskull
Stone Warrior

When Nick first bought the TMNT I was extremely worried. Then we found out a new cartoon would be made and my heart sank.

I was sure they were going to take the license, crank out some garbage that was flat out insulting to the diehard fans (us), drain every dollar they could and then throw the license into a vault never to be seen or heard from again.

Nick has managed to prove me extremely wrong since day one. They showed a lot of respect both to the license and the community and did a very respectable job with the license. Not only that, but dare I say TMNT grew nearly as big as it ever has been while under their control.

With that in mind, I'm not a fan of what I've seen or heard and frankly strongly dislike just about everything known so far- but they've proven me wrong before, so I'm going to give them the trust they've earned.

Don't let us down, Nick.
Old 02-05-2018, 09:05 AM   #3106
utromx
Thug

Speaking of which, we know so little about the show that anything is possible. Personally I like seeing different versions of characters. I’m not super stoked about this particular show but I’ve been surprised in the past. I’d like to see characters from other tmnt fandom get a shot at the small screen like Cudley The Cowlick or Tattoo. Characters who haven’t been over saturated. Or Radical and Carnage from the Mirage series. I’d love to hear the craziest theory’s you guys have.

Last edited by Jester; 02-05-2018 at 12:53 PM.
Old 02-05-2018, 10:00 AM   #3107
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Toyfair is less than 2 weeks away, we should get a little more backstory and likely the first reveal of the Baron and maybe one of his minions. I kind of want to see Splinter being a Pack-in with April, I want him to be this small Yoda sized master. If we had a tall Splinter why not a short one?

Last edited by sdp; 02-05-2018 at 10:05 AM.
Old 02-05-2018, 10:22 AM   #3108
utromx
Thug

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
Toyfair is less than 2 weeks away, we should get a little more backstory and likely the first reveal of the Baron and maybe one of his minions. I kind of want to see Splinter being a Pack-in with April, I want him to be this small Yoda sized master. If we had a tall Splinter why not a short one?
I was wondering about his scale. It’s hard to tell from the official art, but he does look small. Maybe he could be a pack in like joe eyeball or fish stick. More than the show I’m curious about the toys. There seems to have been a consistent decline in playmates toys quality as far as detail articulation and paint apps go. They seem to get simpler with every new version. It makes the toys feel like cheap dollar store versions of characters sometimes. Going back to scale, I wonder if the Raph figure will be bigger or will all figures be the same height. Honestly I would love to see differently scaled figures.
Old 02-05-2018, 10:22 AM   #3109
Vicky82
Emperor

Brandon Mychal Smith talks about playing Mikey.

https://twitter.com/TMNT/status/960558724267077632

Old 02-05-2018, 11:08 AM   #3110
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
I figured it would be more of a case of 'leave 2012 in the past' and put everything into Rise of the TMNT. For better or for worse, this is the new thing, this is where all energy will be focused on. Why would they waste time backtracking to a previous series?
Because (in theory) 2012 will always resonate within that certain generation of fans, like RotTMNT is targeting the next generation of 3-4 year-olds. And maybe they're figuring "absence makes the heart grow fonder," if there's no 2012 TMNT on the air for a year or so. And Nick would only be competing with itself.
Old 02-05-2018, 12:54 PM   #3111
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy

Keep the discussion on the new series please....

Good lord...

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Old 02-05-2018, 02:33 PM   #3112
AquaParade
Banned

Durrghhh...I like cahtoons.
Old 02-05-2018, 04:02 PM   #3113
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by utromx View Post
I was wondering about his scale. It’s hard to tell from the official art, but he does look small. Maybe he could be a pack in like joe eyeball or fish stick. More than the show I’m curious about the toys. There seems to have been a consistent decline in playmates toys quality as far as detail articulation and paint apps go. They seem to get simpler with every new version. It makes the toys feel like cheap dollar store versions of characters sometimes. Going back to scale, I wonder if the Raph figure will be bigger or will all figures be the same height. Honestly I would love to see differently scaled figures.
It would be cool to have more characters up to scale. Last time the Slash figure was about the same size as everyone else.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Old 02-05-2018, 04:09 PM   #3114
Ninjinister
無問題

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
It would be cool to have more characters up to scale. Last time the Slash figure was about the same size as everyone else.
That's why I use figs like Slash and Dogpound with my 3.75" figures. I just wish they made more than those bloody Sprükits for TMNT so I'd have more to work with.
Old 02-05-2018, 04:16 PM   #3115
neatoman
Emperor

So in light of the mixed reception of April's new design (not all on the negative is necessarily racist as most of the following would demonstrate), some artists on 4Chan drew up some designs on what they thought April could have looked like instead. Most of these seem to be based on the existing design and keep the African American angle. So I guess these could shed some light on aestethic taste, rather accusations of racism towards the criticism.

And I'm personally fine with the existing design, I just thought these might be interesting to share in case someone wanted to point to what they didn't like and feel might be an improvement.
Spoiler:
Hahahaha!
Old 02-05-2018, 04:26 PM   #3116
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

I've been noticing a trend of giving her the microphone instead of a bat...
Old 02-05-2018, 04:34 PM   #3117
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Like the first one that looks like an adult of the new young April they've created. (But, race stereotypes be damned, lord that is a Kardashian-like behind on an otherwise skinny looking girl. lol)

Kinda like the last Caucasian one too, would be decent modern-looking version for a future white April.
Old 02-05-2018, 05:12 PM   #3118
Shark_Blade
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utrommaniac View Post
I've been noticing a trend of giving her the microphone instead of a bat...
Since she's holding the bat now, let Casey hold the microphone then.

A prim & proper, immaculate Casey Jones now for a change! With his trimmed sleek blonde hair, buttoned down shirt and shiny black shoes. He can wear a tweed suit even!
Old 02-05-2018, 05:13 PM   #3119
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark_Blade View Post
A prim & proper, immaculate Casey Jones now for a change! With his trimmed sleek blonde hair, buttoned down shirt and shiny black shoes. He can wear a tweed suit even!

Shredder could've done more than blow up the Channel Six building. I don't mean as far as murdering Splinter, but think of the possibilities if censors were not an issue.

Shredder and Krang combined had the biggest arsenal of any villains in all of the cartoons.
Old 02-05-2018, 05:18 PM   #3120
Shark_Blade
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo View Post
I don't see any microphone.
Closed Thread

Tags
2018, rise of the tmnt, speculation, we're crimefighters