The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 02-24-2021, 11:55 PM   #1
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Frasier Returns (Paramount +)

Quote:
Original series star Kelsey Grammer will return in the title role in addition to executive producing. Chris Harris and Joe Cristalli will serve as writers and executive producers, with Grammnet Productions’ Tom Russo and Jordan McMahon also executive producing. The series will be produced by CBS Studios in association with Grammnet Productions, exclusively for Paramount+. The announcement was made as part of ViacomCBS’ investor day presentation on Wednesday.

“Having spent over 20 years of my creative life on the Paramount lot, both producing shows and performing in several, I’d like to congratulate Paramount+ on its entry into the streaming world,” said Grammer. “I gleefully anticipate sharing the next chapter in the continuing journey of Dr. Frasier Crane.”
https://variety.com/2021/tv/news/fra...us-1234914269/
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2021, 05:19 PM   #2
Galactus
Foot Elite

So is it Frasier in a new city with a new cast and presumably the odd guest appearance from classic Frasier alum or a full scale reunion of the Seattle crew? The latter does appeal to me until I realise they can't have Martin and frankly too much of the comedy relies on Frasier (and Niles) butting heads with him.
Galactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2021, 06:33 PM   #3
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

They've been trying to get this off the ground for a good while now. And by "they" I mean Kelsey Grammer.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2023, 09:33 AM   #4
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

October this year
Old 12-05-2023, 12:04 PM   #5
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

https://www.usatoday.com/story/enter...b/71806406007/

Uh oh... Kelsey said he was a Trump supporter and his interview was cut short. Maybe his contract next!
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2024, 03:52 PM   #6
newfan
Mad Scientist

Well, it was there on Paramount plus so I decided to give it a look. Too early yet to make a judgment as I've only watched one ep. I was very surprised to see Nicholas Lyndhurst in thiis!

I think David Hyde-Pierce chose not to come back?

Anyone else seen any of this?
newfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2024, 03:02 AM   #7
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by newfan View Post
Anyone else seen any of this?
I watched them weekly as they came out, but after the one with Lilith I haven't checked out the remainder of the season, I saw clips of Roz's return online.

The Lilith one was very good, but I think the best one was the three main characters competing for a place in the club, that one wouldn't feel out of place if it were Frasier and Niles doing the same as Frasier and Alan. Also liked the one where Frasier hangs out at Fred's firehouse, but it did feel a bit too much like Big Bang Theory.
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2024, 03:13 AM   #8
Mayhem
Foot Elite

The better half gets P+ free as part of her Sky sub, but can't remember her password to login to the P+ channel and get access to these

Going to be able to watch them eventually...
Old 02-01-2024, 10:20 AM   #9
newfan
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
I watched them weekly as they came out, but after the one with Lilith I haven't checked out the remainder of the season, I saw clips of Roz's return online.

The Lilith one was very good, but I think the best one was the three main characters competing for a place in the club, that one wouldn't feel out of place if it were Frasier and Niles doing the same as Frasier and Alan. Also liked the one where Frasier hangs out at Fred's firehouse, but it did feel a bit too much like Big Bang Theory.
I did wonder if any familiar faces might turn up. The competetie stuff sounds about right too, Alan's character seems like he'll work here but it's early still.. I'm gonna keep watching for now.

Quote:
The better half gets P+ free as part of her Sky sub, but can't remember her password to login to the P+ channel and get access to these
I got my sub free with Sky too, because I have the movie channels. I guess they have to keep the movie subscriptions going now that they've taken a hit with Streaming services being exclusive.
newfan is offline   Reply With Quote