The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Old 01-23-2019, 04:41 PM   #1
The Great Saiyaman
Stone Warrior

The TMNT versus the other TMNT who would you love to see in a match?

In both "Turtles forever" and "Trans dimensional Turtles" of the 2012 series it was established that all versions of TMNT are different dimensions. Which can converge and HAVE converged on occasions.

Now suppose you would have a tournament in which all versions of the TMNT would face each other. what kind of Matches would you like to see happen?

Here's my pick:

- Fred Wolf Leonardo versus Saban "Next mutation" Leonardo
Two very similar Leo's but I guess that the Saban Leo would have the upper hand since he's not afraid of actually hitting his opponent.

- 2012 Raphael Versus Rise Raphael
Two very different versions of Raph, I'm pretty sure Rise Raph would use his taller length as a way to get leverage over Nick Raph but the latter is no push over either, Nick Raph makes up in intensity what he lacks in actual physical prowess.

- Mirage Michelangelo versus 2012 Michelangelo
Okay, first of all, I'm pretty sure that when you get all the Turtles from every version together, the first thing all the Michelangelos will do is hold a big party and bro down with each other.
So why the Mirage Mikey and the Nick Mikey? Well the Mirage Mikey is by far the darkest and most violent of all versions of Michelangelo. But the Nick Mikey is extremely unpredictable and in addition to his nunchucks is also a master at kusarigama. So the stakes are even. Regardless who wins I'm pretty sure they would congratulate the other and offer Pizza.

- Mirage Donatello versus IDW Donatello
Both these versions of Donnie have looked death in the eye and the IDW Donnie has the metal shell as a permanent reminder of that intimate encounter with Rocksteady's sledge hammer. They also are by far the quietest versions of Donatello, their match would be interesting and dark.

That's all I can think of so far. I'll add more later.

Last edited by The Great Saiyaman; 01-23-2019 at 05:01 PM.
The Great Saiyaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2019, 05:40 PM   #2
Tarris Vaal
Stone Warrior

Are we including the 2003 Dark turtles in this line up? Or IDWs deviation turtles?

I would love to see the other turtles reactions to their Platinum dune appearances. The only I can see taking that shock in their stride would be Rise Raph (who should be at least a similar size/bulk)

Personally I think it'd be more interesting to see some of the villains meeting their counterparts - particularly following the 2012 crossover. I'd love to see IDW Shredder, 2012 Shredder and Ch'rell battling it out for example.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...the-sedisverse
Tarris Vaal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2019, 06:10 PM   #3
The Great Saiyaman
Stone Warrior

Sure, include every one you want.

I did a comic in which the IDW Karai meets her 2012 counterpart because I loved the sheer concept of the two of them meeting since they differ so much from the other.
Old 01-24-2019, 08:32 AM   #4
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Saiyaman View Post
Well the Mirage Mikey is by far the darkest and most violent of all versions of Michelangelo.
I think all versions of the turtles can be very violent when needed (at least offscreen). Some are just prevented by censors.
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2019, 11:10 AM   #5
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarris Vaal View Post
I would love to see the other turtles reactions to their Platinum dune appearances.
Was thinking the same. Especially putting the 'softer' versions of Raph, like '87 and similar, in front of PD Raph. He/they might be speechless.

The rest of the sets are similar enough in personality that they'd probably get along well enough after getting over the initial surprised of how big the PD guys are. The other Leos and Donnies may no doubt figure out how to make it a benefit if they have to team up with their other selves.

Though I'd love to see most versions of Leo, esp the more serious ones, have to put up with their 'Rise' counterpart tagging along. His antics would get old to most of them so fast.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2019, 02:04 PM   #6
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

All the Good Versions of the Turtles ( Fred Wolf 90's 2k3 2012 ) vs the terrible versions (PD Next Mutation and Rise)
Old 01-24-2019, 04:03 PM   #7
The Great Saiyaman
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
Was thinking the same. Especially putting the 'softer' versions of Raph, like '87 and similar, in front of PD Raph. He/they might be speechless.

The rest of the sets are similar enough in personality that they'd probably get along well enough after getting over the initial surprised of how big the PD guys are. The other Leos and Donnies may no doubt figure out how to make it a benefit if they have to team up with their other selves.

Though I'd love to see most versions of Leo, esp the more serious ones, have to put up with their 'Rise' counterpart tagging along. His antics would get old to most of them so fast.

"TURTLE POWER!"

"Ah..err..sorry?"

Judging how 2012 Leo cut the 87 Leo off so fast when the latter was constantly shouting "Turtle power!" (Which is actually calling the kettle black since 2012 Leo in the first two seasons had similar corny introductions during a fight. And later actually said it himself.) I can imagine the other Leo's and the Mirage Leo in particular, probably stuffing the Rise Leo's laser sword deep inside his shell just to shut him up.

I guess 87 Leo would probably do the honors here.
Old 01-24-2019, 07:10 PM   #8
The Great Saiyaman
Stone Warrior

How about...

- 87 Slash versus IDW Pigeon Pete

It takes a LOT to make Bebop and Rocksteady look smart but these two achieve that hands down. But they both aren't to be underestimated.
Old 01-24-2019, 09:56 PM   #9
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Quote:
How about...

- 87 Slash versus IDW Pigeon Pete
https://m.media-amazon.com/images/M/...zMjE@._V1_.jpg
https://tortueman.files.wordpress.co...les-tmnt_2.jpg
It takes a LOT to make Bebop and Rocksteady look smart but these two achieve that hands down. But they both aren't to be underestimated.
I think 1987 Slash easily wins if he has the boosted intellect from his season 6 episode.

Shredder could've done more than blow up the Channel Six building. I don't mean as far as murdering Splinter, but think of the possibilities if censors were not an issue.

Shredder and Krang combined had the biggest arsenal of any villains in all of the cartoons.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2019, 03:53 AM   #10
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo View Post
I think 1987 Slash easily wins if he has the boosted intellect from his season 6 episode.
He would have great potential if that was his real personality. He could do so much more than turning Humans into turtles.
Old 02-26-2019, 05:36 PM   #11
The Great Saiyaman
Stone Warrior

How about 87 Leatherhead versus 2012 Leatherhead.

I'm pretty sure this will be a VICIOUS fight but for sheer intensity, the 2012 Leatherhead would have a big advantage. I mean the guy did a death roll taking out several Kraang droids.

But don't count Cajun Croc out just yet, he's more cunning.
Old 03-01-2019, 12:57 PM   #12
pferreira
Foot Elite

I always wanted to see the FW Turtles versus the 90s movie TMNT.

Quote:
But don't count Cajun Croc out just yet, he's more cunning.
"I guarantee".
pferreira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 10:11 AM   #13
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by pferreira View Post
I always wanted to see the FW Turtles versus the 90s movie TMNT.
Without any stupid self-sensors.

Last edited by Original TMNT Cartoon Fan; 03-02-2019 at 11:43 AM.
Old 03-02-2019, 11:39 AM   #14
newfan
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarris Vaal View Post

Personally I think it'd be more interesting to see some of the villains meeting their counterparts - particularly following the 2012 crossover. I'd love to see IDW Shredder, 2012 Shredder and Ch'rell battling it out for example.
Yep, I'll go with the Shredders too.
newfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2019, 04:09 PM   #15
pferreira
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Original TMNT Cartoon Fan View Post
Without any stupid self-sensors.
Yes without Mikey's weapons being removed in bad cuts.
Old 03-07-2019, 07:39 PM   #16
The Great Saiyaman
Stone Warrior

How about all of Raphael's girlfriends facing each other?

Clockwise: Mezcaal, Ninjara, Y'Gythba, Mona Lisa and Alopex.

Whoa, now that would be a brutal match...
Old 04-12-2019, 11:29 PM   #17
Vintage
Random Punk

I can't say much because I grew up watching the original cartoons only. So any of the other remakes verse my originals i'd like to see. But my question if anyone can really answer who grew up like me on the original animation is if I really did miss anything worth watching when it comes to all the cartoon remakes ??? Please only a person who grew up on the original answer that as I think that we can be biased on whatever one we saw first.
Vintage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2019, 08:50 AM   #18
The Great Saiyaman
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage View Post
I can't say much because I grew up watching the original cartoons only. So any of the other remakes verse my originals i'd like to see. But my question if anyone can really answer who grew up like me on the original animation is if I really did miss anything worth watching when it comes to all the cartoon remakes ??? Please only a person who grew up on the original answer that as I think that we can be biased on whatever one we saw first.
If the original 1987 toons are all that you're familiar with you ought to check out the 2012 Nicktoon series. Since that one, story wise is the most similar to the 1987 series. But rather than start with the first episode, you should start with one of the last ones.

"Lone rat and Cubs"

Hamato Yoshi moves to New York, buys some Turtles in a pet shop and gets mutated, much like it was in the original cartoon. In "Lone rat and cubs" we see Splinter trying to find a safe haven for him and his four baby turtles.

The episode was written by Turtles co-creator Kevin Eastman, which makes it a must watch for any Turtles aficionado.
Old 04-15-2019, 11:42 AM   #19
pferreira
Foot Elite

Quote:
If the original 1987 toons are all that you're familiar with you ought to check out the 2012 Nicktoon series. Since that one, story wise is the most similar to the 1987 series. But rather than start with the first episode, you should start with one of the last ones.
If only I could get past the CG animation. But thanks for that info.
Old 04-16-2019, 04:38 PM   #20
The Great Saiyaman
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by pferreira View Post
If only I could get past the CG animation. But thanks for that info.
Trust me, the stories will make you forget about the CGI completely. Another "Must watch" episode is "the Gauntlet" since it has the very first showdown of the Turtles against Shredder.