The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 06-20-2018, 11:24 AM   #16141
dl316bh
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
This one sucks. Vader was awesome. I was really hoping he'd outlive his prognosis.
Old 06-23-2018, 12:17 PM   #16142
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Undertaker will team with Braun and Reigns against Owens, Corbin, and Elias at the MSG show in July

https://www.msg.com/calendar/madison...-2018-wwe-live

There's also a possibility Undertaker will be working Summerslam

https://411mania.com/wrestling/under...ch-summerslam/
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2018, 01:53 PM   #16143
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Undertaker will team with Braun and Reigns against Owens, Corbin, and Elias at the MSG show in July

https://www.msg.com/calendar/madison...-2018-wwe-live

There's also a possibility Undertaker will be working Summerslam

https://411mania.com/wrestling/under...ch-summerslam/
Thanks for the info. Just how would it be worked with Undertaker, Roman Reigns, and Braun Stowman to all work together? They have always been on opposite sides of one another.
Old 06-23-2018, 04:23 PM   #16144
AT-Man
I SEEN IT

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
Thanks for the info. Just how would it be worked with Undertaker, Roman Reigns, and Braun Stowman to all work together? They have always been on opposite sides of one another.
I guess it's not canon.

Through the Golden Door
AT-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2018, 06:30 PM   #16145
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by AT-Man View Post
I guess it's not canon.
Will the ****ing Network actually show it this time?

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2018, 07:40 PM   #16146
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

So those Charlotte Flair ESPN Body Pics

Old 06-26-2018, 09:36 AM   #16147
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Does anyone have the Honor Club app from RoH? From what i can see it's 10 bucks and then you have to pay extra (at a discounted rate, but still) for the Pay per Views?

I was curious to see their Best of the World PPV but I was hoping it would be more like the WWE Network where for 10 bucks you get everything, including the PPVs.

I see impact Wrestling has their own app too but their ad doesn't clarify if it includes the PPVs or not.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Old 06-26-2018, 01:52 PM   #16148
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Brock has until Friday to submit to USADA testing if he wants to get a UFC match

http://www.ringsidenews.com/2018/06/...-big-decision/

Perhaps this has something to do with them cancelling the number one contenders match for Extreme Rules
Old 06-26-2018, 02:25 PM   #16149
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Brock has until Friday to submit to USADA testing if he wants to get a UFC match

http://www.ringsidenews.com/2018/06/...-big-decision/

Perhaps this has something to do with them cancelling the number one contenders match for Extreme Rules
No big loss IMO. Ronan was gonna win it anyway. You save more time making up some bs excuse to flat out call Roman the next contender for Brock and be done with it.

Old 06-26-2018, 10:19 PM   #16150
dl316bh
Stone Warrior

I didn't realize I wanted a Team Hell No reunion, but there I was, a little genuinely emotional when Kane came out for the save and called for the hug.

Therapy works!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
Will the ****ing Network actually show it this time?
...?

They don't show every house show they do. Which is what this is, Madison Square Garden or not.
Old 06-27-2018, 02:50 AM   #16151
ZariusTwo
Overlord

So Nakamura was bitten by a dog and had to miss SD
Old 06-27-2018, 06:47 AM   #16152
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by dl316bh View Post
I didn't realize I wanted a Team Hell No reunion, but there I was, a little genuinely emotional when Kane came out for the save and called for the hug.

Therapy works!

...?

They don't show every house show they do. Which is what this is, Madison Square Garden or not.
So WWE is so pety they're blocking RoH PPVs for simple house shows??

Old 06-27-2018, 11:14 AM   #16153
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Would this match with Roman Reigns and Undertaker working with Braun Strowman be televised somewhere or streamed? It is something I would like to see eventually, which means Dailymotion or Youtube drops after a couple of weeks pass.
Old 06-27-2018, 04:05 PM   #16154
dl316bh
Stone Warrior

Quote:
So WWE is so pety they're blocking RoH PPVs for simple house shows??
Dude, Madison Square Garden used Ring of Honor as a patsy to force WWE to call them and offer more. I don't know what else to tell you. I don't know how else to read what happened. Even if you do want to blame WWE for this, even if you believe Madison Square Garden didn't use Ring of Honor for their own means and it was just WWE muscling out the little guy, it's their home arena, has been since the start of the company, in the one city that's probably the closest to "home turf" for them. They're probably going to try and keep it happy.

If anything, I'm more surprised at Ring of Honors seeming anger, like the whole thing didn't stink to high heaven to begin with. We're talking about, historically, WWE's home arena, in probably the most WWE area of the country, that even WCW at their height knew better than to even bother trying for. Suddenly it's open to other companies for a hold with nothing signed at the same time Madison Square Garden is making a loud stink about WWE using the cheaper to run Barclays Center more - which is actually an issue MSG has been facing in general, not just WWE - and shutting them off from Wrestlemania activities and Ring of Honor wasn't in the least bit suspicious of the entire situation? They didn't think maybe they were being used as leverage or a threat?

I totally respect them taking the chance anyway - I think most would, it's Madison Square Garden, if it actually went down it would have been huge for the company - but if the dirt sheets are right about their rumored reaction they're being downright silly.

Quote:
Would this match with Roman Reigns and Undertaker working with Braun Strowman be televised somewhere or streamed? It is something I would like to see eventually, which means Dailymotion or Youtube drops after a couple of weeks pass.
Unless they decide to make it a Network Special - if they did, we'd probably have heard about it by now - you'll probably need to look out for phone footage or something. WWE doesn't televise most live events unless it's a special or something big is happening like a surprise title change. Nothing saying they won't tape some footage for Youtube or something, though.

Either way, some clips will probably go up at the least.

Quote:
Heard about that. Hopefully he's okay. I get the feeling they're going to put the US title on him really soon. Jeff Hardy sounds like he's pretty beat up again and going by recent matches probably needs to pull back for a bit, at least.

I kind of wish Jeff would alter his moveset some and try to ground himself a bit more. He's not in his twenties anymore. Save the big high spots for special occasions. Be nice to have the guy around as long as we can.
Old 06-27-2018, 04:10 PM   #16155
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Unless they decide to make it a Network Special - if they did, we'd probably have heard about it by now - you'll probably need to look out for phone footage or something. WWE doesn't televise most live events unless it's a special or something big is happening like a surprise title change. Nothing saying they won't tape some footage for Youtube or something, though.

Either way, some clips will probably go up at the least.
If The Undertaker is involved I automatically assumed that it would be filmed for The WWE Network at the very least. His appearances are a big deal. I am willing to wait x time for it to be okay to view, its just having Roman work with Undertaker is something I want to see.
Old 06-27-2018, 05:09 PM   #16156
dl316bh
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
If The Undertaker is involved I automatically assumed that it would be filmed for The WWE Network at the very least.
Not necessarily. It could be used to make sure Undertaker's ring ready and good to go without the pressure of cameras. Scuttlebutt online is WWE's pitched a story to 'Taker for a SummerSlam match. They've done this a couple times in the past, used house shows to get a bit of ring rust out and ready him for whatever he's doing. I think I remember one example being before 'Mania 29. Depends on what they want to do, I guess; wasn't much need for 'Mania this year since it was such a short squash match, same for GRR.

Actually, I just thought, with Team Hell No back together now, I wonder if they're building to a six man tag for SummerSlam. Like, the Bludgies get help, maybe from Miz, so Team Hell No pulls in the Dead Man. I remember the one on Raw against the Shield. It was killer.

Quote:
I am willing to wait x time for it to be okay to view, its just having Roman work with Undertaker is something I want to see.
Like I said, there will probably be some camera footage at least, if only because 'Takers in the match. So you'll probably get to see at least some of it. Who knows, they might film it if only to have it on hand for something later.

By the way, sorry about the Bash at the Beach thing you asked me about. I genuinely couldn't find anything more than two minutes uploaded online about the match you asked about, which you probably already saw.
Old 06-27-2018, 06:28 PM   #16157
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Not necessarily. It could be used to make sure Undertaker's ring ready and good to go without the pressure of cameras. Scuttlebutt online is WWE's pitched a story to 'Taker for a SummerSlam match. They've done this a couple times in the past, used house shows to get a bit of ring rust out and ready him for whatever he's doing. I think I remember one example being before 'Mania 29. Depends on what they want to do, I guess; wasn't much need for 'Mania this year since it was such a short squash match, same for GRR.

Actually, I just thought, with Team Hell No back together now, I wonder if they're building to a six man tag for SummerSlam. Like, the Bludgies get help, maybe from Miz, so Team Hell No pulls in the Dead Man. I remember the one on Raw against the Shield. It was killer.

Like I said, there will probably be some camera footage at least, if only because 'Takers in the match. So you'll probably get to see at least some of it. Who knows, they might film it if only to have it on hand for something later.
I had not considered such strategy. I supposed audiences outside the core continuity may not apply. A prime example is why would Triple H ever fill in for The Shield to help their numbers when he is the most likely person to want them broken up and battered? European show who mainly know names not storylines.

Yes, I remember that 3 on 3. The whole uneasy alliance of Daniel Bryan and Kane did not make sense yet WWE made it work.

Quote:
By the way, sorry about the Bash at the Beach thing you asked me about. I genuinely couldn't find anything more than two minutes uploaded online about the match you asked about, which you probably already saw
I thought people around this thread might have knowledge of where it could be found. It appears it is torrent only which means its a no go. Its more of a personal novelty because that was the match that taught me how wrestling worked in the fact its scripted and choreographed. The only thing that I did not learn was why Hulk Hogan would team up with Dennis Rodman, a clearly arrogant vile man.
Old 06-28-2018, 02:09 AM   #16158
XERO
Hybrid Theorist

Quote:
Damn. Even the dog was Last Man Standing.

Well, Dog Standing.

"Travel at the speed of light... then hit the nitro!"
XERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2018, 08:02 AM   #16159
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by dl316bh View Post
.They've done this a couple times in the past, used house shows to get a bit of ring rust out and ready him for whatever he's doing. I think I remember one example being before 'Mania 29. Depends on what they want to do, I guess; wasn't much need for 'Mania this year since it was such a short squash match, same for GRR.
You kinda forget his age. It probably took everything he had to make that squash match with Cena look short and sweet, and then to get out of there before showing signs of exhaustion.

Old 06-28-2018, 10:06 AM   #16160
dl316bh
Stone Warrior

Quote:
You kinda forget his age. It probably took everything he had to make that squash match with Cena look short and sweet, and then to get out of there before showing signs of exhaustion.
No, trust me, I'm not forgetting his age. Which is why it's probably worse he doesn't wrestle at least once in a while if he's going to keep coming back, because now we have his age on top of being out of ring shape and he can't just brute force through both. It was amazing he'd managed to do what he did the four or five years he was only around for Wrestlemania and still performing at a high level.

If 'Taker still wants to wrestle, I'd think WWE ought to just do what New Japan does with its old guard and keep them in multi-man matches. Keeps him in the mix, allows him to wrestle a bit more often with less wear or need for him to anchor a match and he's probably in better shape for the rare occasions he wants to do a singles. But that assumes he's up for it, or that he can. But then, he also keeps coming back, so I don't know how he is. Only 'Taker does, and the guy's infamously adherent to kayfabe. He's not talking.

Tags
armbar#, silverdome brother, wrestling