The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 05-23-2017, 06:08 AM   #15121
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

I haven't been watching SmackDown much due to two other shows I watch instead. Cena's probably busy promoting American Grit which is why he's off right now.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2017, 09:39 AM   #15122
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Best trolling of Gary Linkear since Brass Eye
ZariusTwo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2017, 09:26 PM   #15123
GoldMutant
Control Your Narrative

Samoa Joe guys.
Old 06-05-2017, 05:39 AM   #15124
jbeeman85
Foot Soldier

What kind of name is Great Balls of Fire for a pay-per-view? That just sounds awful to me.
jbeeman85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 06:03 AM   #15125
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

Yeah, I don't think that's a good name either. They must be running out of ideas.

Old 06-05-2017, 11:21 AM   #15126
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Blah to spoilers already telling me Samoa Joe would win the night before. I feel bad for Bray Wyatt, he's the least likely to win and I don't really see what he could do against Brock Lesnar. As much as I love the guy, why add someone least likely to win in a fatal five? Why not make all 5 of them contenders. Idk.. Strauman, Corbin, Orton, idk.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 11:37 AM   #15127
The Deadman
Foot Elite

Was at the PPV last night and that place was loud. The crowd was really into Apollo/Kalisto, booed Bayley a few times, popped when Sheamus and Cesaro lost and really liked Joe winning. Not sure how it came off on television.

Last Movie Watched: Hell House LLC (2015).
Last TV Show Watched: Adventures of Sonic The Hedgehog (S1:E29).
The Deadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 11:42 AM   #15128
GoldMutant
Control Your Narrative

There were major issues for Extreme Rules personally.

1. Intercontinental Championship- Shouldn't have Miz try to provoke Ambrose more? It felt like little was done outside Maryse slapping Miz and the referee shove.

2. The Tag Team match's logic baffled me. Jeff Hardy previously escaped, yet when he reentered, he had to exit again. I understand if it's a big risk, but technically the Hardys should've retained if Matt was the only one who had to escape.

I'm still happy Sheamus and Cesaro won, it got tiresome for them to job constantly to Jeff and Matt.

3. Bayley really needs to go back to NXT or Smackdown, the creative team clearly doesn't know how to use her on Raw.

In general, some of the rules were confusing despite being somewhat fun. My favorite match was the submission battle between Neville and Aries.
Old 06-05-2017, 11:47 AM   #15129
The Deadman
Foot Elite

I dunno, sending someone back down to NXT especially after being up on the main roster for close to a year should only happen to someone who's regressing. Sending her to Smackdown wouldn't be good either especially if the rumors are true that Charlotte is gonna be the top woman AGAIN on that brand.

Also with the tag titles, both team members had to be out of the cage at the same time to win.

Last Movie Watched: Hell House LLC (2015).
Last TV Show Watched: Adventures of Sonic The Hedgehog (S1:E29).

Last edited by The Deadman; 06-05-2017 at 12:07 PM.
The Deadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 03:35 PM   #15130
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

I think whoever won for the right to face Brock should win the title and be done with it. Brock doesn't deserve it since he's not on TV that much anyway. Let someone else who actually cares about making appearances and representing the company win it instead of some guy who only wants to appear when he feels like it when he should be there at least every week to build up whatever feud he's going to have.

Old 06-07-2017, 05:01 AM   #15131
AT-Man
I SEEN IT

The segment with Joe and Heyman was incredible. Joe's not gonna win the title (yet), but I hope it's not gonna be just another Suplex City match.

Through the Golden Door
AT-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2017, 11:11 PM   #15132
Slade
god status

Heading to Raw Monday night. First time ever going, looking forward to it.
Slade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 01:33 AM   #15133
AT-Man
I SEEN IT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slade View Post
Heading to Raw Monday night. First time ever going, looking forward to it.
If there's a legit Lesnar/Joe confrontation, I'm envious. I'm already envious of seeing Alexa Bliss live.

Through the Golden Door
Old 06-08-2017, 02:24 PM   #15134
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

Have fun, Slade, and be sure to tell us about it when you get back.

Old 06-13-2017, 07:28 PM   #15135
Slade
god status

So yeah, was a lot of fun being there. Loved the Lesnar segment although it was supposed to be last. Everything seemed rushed in a way though.
I read a review that called it a glorified house show. It def seemed that way to me. Still was a lot of fun being there.
Reigns had a match with Wyatt after the Hardy and Sheamus Cessaro match.it was pretty short. I know people hate him here, but he got probably the best reaction all night. Way more cheers than boos. Could just be around here though.
All in all it wasn't the best raw, but we had a lot of fun.

Going to Mania next.
Slade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2017, 08:59 AM   #15136
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Samoa Joe's confrontation with Lesnar convinced me he can hang with the Beast. This shouldn't be a Suplex City Squash.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2017, 07:37 PM   #15137
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/preside...191510838.html

I thought this was interesting and wanted to share it here.
https://www.yahoo.com/sports/preside...191510838.html
Old 06-18-2017, 08:57 PM   #15138
GoldMutant
Control Your Narrative

Money in the Bank felt like a bad episode of Raw or Smackdown. Extremely underwhelming.

Spoiler:
I don't care if it's to make both of them easy to hate, Ellsworth ruined the match by giving Carmella the briefcase. The match had a lot of potential and build, and that's how you choose to end it? That's dumb!

Honestly, my favorite match tonight was Jinder Mahal vs Randy Orton. Dunno why, but it was the only one I bothered to focus on.

The entire show was predictable, I guessed who was going to win too easily. With the exception of Breezango, Smackdown is still in a rut currently until Summerslam and after it. Something needs to give.
Old 06-19-2017, 04:15 AM   #15139
AT-Man
I SEEN IT

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldMutant View Post
Money in the Bank felt like a bad episode of Raw or Smackdown. Extremely underwhelming.

Spoiler:
I don't care if it's to make both of them easy to hate, Ellsworth ruined the match by giving Carmella the briefcase. The match had a lot of potential and build, and that's how you choose to end it? That's dumb!

Honestly, my favorite match tonight was Jinder Mahal vs Randy Orton. Dunno why, but it was the only one I bothered to focus on.

The entire show was predictable, I guessed who was going to win too easily. With the exception of Breezango, Smackdown is still in a rut currently until Summerslam and after it. Something needs to give.
I feel the exact opposite. Yes, I predicted the winners, but the matches were all good or great.

Through the Golden Door
Old 06-19-2017, 07:05 PM   #15140
GoldMutant
Control Your Narrative

Quote:
Originally Posted by AT-Man View Post
I feel the exact opposite. Yes, I predicted the winners, but the matches were all good or great.
To me, not so much.

The only two matches I personally enjoyed were Orton vs Mahal and the Men's Money in the Bank match. The rest either needed more time (Women's MITB) or lacked something. (The tag team matches especially.)

At the least, Backlash was at least... interesting. However, I honestly got more enjoyment out of Extreme Rules, and that had big problems too. Smackdown since the brand split has done so much better. This is easily their worst PPV for me since 2016.

I do wonder how Mike Bennet and Maria are going to configure into Smackdown now outside being a possible replacement couple for Maryse and Miz.

Last edited by GoldMutant; 06-19-2017 at 07:21 PM.
GoldMutant is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
armbar#, silverdome brother, wrestling