The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 07-09-2019, 06:07 PM   #16801
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Gotta agree with What Culture here. The whole mystery partner and picking out a random stadium employee to get an easy win was poorly done in all angles and hurts Reigns, but also Cedric Alexander too. Why not let him take the surprise to his advantage and win over Shane? Hard to think Heyman wrote that one.
MikeandRaph87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2019, 08:03 PM   #16802
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
Gotta agree with What Culture here. The whole mystery partner and picking out a random stadium employee to get an easy win was poorly done in all angles and hurts Reigns, but also Cedric Alexander too. Why not let him take the surprise to his advantage and win over Shane? Hard to think Heyman wrote that one.
It's what I'm saying. It doesn't matter if they 'appoint Heyman and Bischoff' as parts of creative. Vince still has the final say, and if he has dumb ideas they have no choice but go along with it.

Heyman and Bischoff are fall guys so if Vince's ideas fail, the fanbase can blame those two.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 11:40 AM   #16803
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
It's what I'm saying. It doesn't matter if they 'appoint Heyman and Bischoff' as parts of creative. Vince still has the final say, and if he has dumb ideas they have no choice but go along with it.

Heyman and Bischoff are fall guys so if Vince's ideas fail, the fanbase can blame those two.
Maybe that is true. I was hoping the former Dean Ambrose callout and AEW scaring them some would help with the discontent wrestlers and better plots with the two gentlemen. If anything, they may not take over until next week after the pay-per-view if that is a reprieve for them for the moment.
Old 07-15-2019, 07:39 AM   #16804
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Extreme Rules results

-Shinsuke Nakumura defeated Finn Balor to win the Intercontinental Championship

-WWE Cruiserweight Champion Drew Gulak defeated Tony Neiss

-The Undertaker and Roman Reigns defeated Shane McMahon and Drew McIntyre (with Elias)

-RAW Tag Team Champions The Revival defeated The Uso

-Brawn Strauwman defeated Bobby Lashley in a Last Man Standing Match

-WWE Smackdown Women's Champion Bayley defeated Alexa Bliss and Nikki Cross

-The New Day defeated Daniel Bryan/Rowan and Heavy Machinery to win the Smackdown tag titles

-Kevin Owens defeated Dolph Ziggler with just one move

-WWE Champion Kofi Kingston defeated Samoa Joe

-WWE Universal Champion Seth Rollins and WWE RAW Women's Champion Becky Lynch defeated Baron Corbin and Lacey Evans

-Brock Lesnar cashed in Money In The Bank and defeated Seth Rollins to win the Universal title
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2019, 08:41 AM   #16805
Coola Yagami
Overlord

AEW Fight for the Fallen results

Sonny Kiss defeated Peter Avalon- surprisingly Leva Bates didn't interfere and was pretty neutral

Bea Priestley and Shoko Nakajima defeated Britt Baker and Riho- Bea kicked Britt on the back of the head a little too stiffly and gave her a concussion

MJF, Sammy Guevera and Shawn Spears defeated Joey Janela, Jimmy Havok, and Darby Allin

Brandi Rhodes defeated Allie- Brandi brought in Awesome Kong as a distraction. At the end though, Aja Kong came in and had a bit of a staredown with Awesome Kong.

The Dark Order defeated Jack Evans and Angelico and Luchasaurus and Jungle Boy. Luchasaurus was so damn over during this match. The Dark Order goes to All Out for the first round of a tag tournament for the tag team titles

Hangman Page defeats Kip Sabian- Jericho comes in disguises as one of the Dark Order goons and attacks Page

The Lucha Bros defeat SCU, then challenge the Young Bucks to a ladder match at All Out

Kenny Omega defeated Cima

The Young Bucks defeat Cody and Dustin

Pretty entertaining all around. Page and Kip was kinda slow, I assume a cool down match after that awesome triple tag, but it got better on the second half. The final two matches were pretty amazing. I just love seeing Dustin still go in the ring and it was cool to see the Bucks in a slower match for once.

Brandi is still so-so in the ring and obviously needed Kong to distract Allie as well as the audience from her lack of skill. Bea got the pop of the women tag match, and I do hope to see her against Baker one on one... but I also hope that Baker is alright.

There were some injuries here and there but luckily these guys and gals have a little over a month to heal up instead of being expected to perform Monday.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Old 07-15-2019, 08:53 AM   #16806
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

I know its extreme rules, but would that mean that Elias is allowed to interfere and make it 3 on 2 and not be against the rules even in storytelling purposes? It did not seem necessary. I was nervous there at the end when Undertaker tombstoned Shane. I was afraid it would botch,but overall Undertaker was carried well and was a much better outing on his part.
Old 07-22-2019, 09:04 AM   #16807
The Deadman
Foot Elite

Watched the rest of TNA Final Resolution 2005 earlier today and it's amazing how over as a face Monty Brown was. They should of pulled the trigger and put the NWA belt on him instead of letting Jarrett run wild, but instead they turned him heel for whatever reason.

Last Movie Watched: Hell House LLC (2015).
Last TV Show Watched: Adventures of Sonic The Hedgehog (S1:E29).
The Deadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2019, 06:38 PM   #16808
The Deadman
Foot Elite

Looks like Sheamus transitioned over to a referee role
https://twitter.com/WWESheamus/statu...02203103883264

Old 07-25-2019, 08:54 AM   #16810
The Deadman
Foot Elite

Jimmy Uso arrested again
https://www.tmz.com/2019/07/25/wwes-...ui-in-florida/

What are the odds he either gets suspended or flat out released this time?

Old 07-26-2019, 07:50 AM   #16811
The Deadman
Foot Elite

Wrestle Circus is done
https://twitter.com/WrestleCircus/st...51141906206720

They were the first company to have wrestling be a big deal on Twitch and for whatever reason, the owner decided to shut down, 2 days before their show.

Old 07-26-2019, 08:55 AM   #16812
ZariusTwo
Overlord

-Her favourite Ninja Turtle is Michelangelo, but always got stuck with playing as Donatello in group games
-She liked to play the Green Ranger in games because she "liked the threat of running out of power"
Old 07-26-2019, 08:59 AM   #16813
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Our favorites match! I also admit that I always preferred Michelangelo I played Donatello in the video games because his long range weapon served by playing style better.

The threat of running out of power? What Tommy could do on half the power of the others was amazing. The tournament fighter for Sega Genesis was the only game with the green ranger,correct? I preferred him because he had a wider range of attacks.
Old 07-26-2019, 09:11 AM   #16814
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
The tournament fighter for Sega Genesis was the only game with the green ranger,correct? I preferred him because he had a wider range of attacks.
Yeah, and I think there was a code to unlock the "evil" Green Ranger too
Old 07-30-2019, 05:52 PM   #16815
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

What is the point of this 24/7 title? People change hands with it every five minutes and cannot even defend it. I know that it allows for people that will not be in a title picture to have a title, and maybe that is the answer to the question above, but it's a joke that seems like it will not last long.
Old 07-30-2019, 09:50 PM   #16816
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
What is the point of this 24/7 title? People change hands with it every five minutes and cannot even defend it. I know that it allows for people that will not be in a title picture to have a title, and maybe that is the answer to the question above, but it's a joke that seems like it will not last long.
Apparently the current champ is a pregnant woman, so I assume now they're gonna have to find someone low enough to jump a pregnant woman to take that title.

Such rubbish.

AEW 4 life.

Old 07-31-2019, 03:35 PM   #16817
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Apparently the current champ is a pregnant woman, so I assume now they're gonna have to find someone low enough to jump a pregnant woman to take that title.

Such rubbish.

AEW 4 life.
Were you the one who said that Eric and Paul were fall guys for a set in his way Vince? Here is fuel for that fire.
https://wrestlingnews.co/wwe-news/vi...own-live-show/
Old 07-31-2019, 05:12 PM   #16818
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Were you the one who said that Eric and Paul were fall guys for a set in his way Vince? Here is fuel for that fire.
Yep, that's what I'm saying. It doesn't matter who they say will be in charge of the stories, Vince will always have the final say. No matter what.

Old 07-31-2019, 05:17 PM   #16819
The Deadman
Foot Elite

Quote:

Such rubbish.

AEW 4 life.
You do realize that the 24/7 title isnt supposed to be taken seriously, right? But yes, AEW 4 life that involves signing a dude whos 20 lbs soaking wet and looks like a child.

Old 08-01-2019, 02:40 AM   #16820
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
To be fair, the show was much better because of those changes.

Both RAW and Smsckdown have really improved the last couple of weeks, but it's easier to concentrate on ratings and bitch about the show than actually enjoy it. I don't say this to be a shill or an apologist, but the abuse thrown Vince's way for the slightest things wrong is just too extreme and top-heavy to take seriously anymore. People just want to hate the company regardless.

People's obsessions with ratings and box office are just as bad as the disconnect between critic and audience. Low ratings don't always mean a bad show, and a cushy box office doesn't mean a good movie.

Last edited by ZariusTwo; 08-01-2019 at 02:48 AM.

Tags
armbar#, silverdome brother, wrestling