The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Old 02-26-2018, 04:53 PM   #8001
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Saw the grocery store I stopped at after work finally had their 4 for $5 sale on a brand of cheese ravioli I got in on once before a number of weeks ago. Normally I think four would be like $14 or $15, so that's awesome.

After getting home I realized I did not get that deal and the amount I paid in total was a lot more than I'd expected. The kid at the register was chatty enough, I was tired from work, and used to the amount being around what I came out to that I entirely forgot it should have been about $20 less...

Ran all the way BACK intent on visiting the customer service desk, but first I figured I'd check the sale again to see if I was mistaken.

As it turns out... The bags I grabbed were, I'm now assuming, a larger quantity. (I THOUGHT they might have been a little bigger, but it's been a while so I really wasn't sure I was remembering correctly. I mean, these aren't huge either.) I HAD checked the sticker on the shelf the first time and I could not find any actual bag size listed. Checked again when I went back... still could not find a size. Apparently though, I came to figure out (and then skipped customer service) was that the bags that were actually on sale were sold out, making it impossible to know that the bags I grabbed were a larger quality and were NOT on sale at all. (Ugh. Why not?) Can't figure it out unless you've got the brains about you (which after these past three days of work I initially did not) to notice and determine that it's different sizes via the regular price on the shelf. %#@& ...Upper end of $20-something spend on those, rather than $5.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2018, 06:10 PM   #8002
Katie
Just...way too serious.

Pulled a muscle in my side from coughing when I had the flu a Couple months ago, then tore a muscle in my back from sneezing while trying to protect the pulled muscle from before, then tore all the muscles on my left side chest trying to get out of bed while protecting my torn back muscle, then got costocondritis from the strain of the torn muscles.

Bought a back brace, bought a new mattress, nothing budged. Can’t handle the muscle relaxers.

Been in pain. Awful pain. For more than a month now.

Dr says 120 days.

60 more to go

Sigh
Old 02-26-2018, 06:30 PM   #8003
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Owwww

That's a mega downer! My condolences
Old 02-26-2018, 06:38 PM   #8004
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Oh man, that sucks! I hope the next two months goes quick and it becomes at least more tolerable well before then.

Are any of the muscle pain relief ointments at least able to ease it some?
Old 02-26-2018, 07:33 PM   #8005
Katie
Just...way too serious.

Not that I’ve found. Aleeve is my best friend. And ginger root.

Sitting hurts. Laying down hurts. Walking hurts. Driving hurts. It SUCKS.

And I don’t even have a cool story to go with it all. Just a bunch of stupid bonehead decisions on my part trying to not aggravate a smaller injury.

I especially hate my chair at work. Hard evil chair
Old 02-27-2018, 03:15 AM   #8006
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

The neighbor dog that's been antagonizing my dog managed to get out of the neighbor's apartment 4 o'clock last night, and started the same **** against my dog through the porch door.

today my dog is a tired wreck, he's been nervous towards other dogs during walk and he didn't walk long. after 40 minutes he was dead set at going home, when we usually do 2-3 hour walks.

I really hate the neighbor dog and the owner is aincompetent owner. the dog have been escaping a lot as she leaves the porch door unlocked and sometimes slightly open, the front door have a cat door after the previous owner who's the current neighbor's brother, which sometimes is locked and sometimes not.

And it's not just attacked my dog but he's also attacked other neighbor dogs, but he got a real hate on for mine, as he'll be actively looking for my dog Loke, and will attack him if we meet him outside during walks.

And the dog's name is Donald and is like 12-13 years old which is the end date for that breed.

Honestly, we where too kind when we did not report the neighbor after Donald bit my partner so hard she was bleeding last summer, cause that's grounds enough to put down a dog in Norway.

Last edited by Candy Kappa; 02-27-2018 at 03:26 AM.
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2018, 03:24 AM   #8007
Shark_Blade
Emperor

When people bring screaming kids in public places, the cinema especially.
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2018, 06:17 AM   #8008
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
People who do not know how to look at a menu and order something in a semi-intelligent manner. When the entire menu (including sizes on drinks, type of sides available, etc) is right in front of you and you have to ask if we have _____(when it clearly isn't there), MAAAYBE you shouldn't be trying to order fast food. Go back to school, learn how to READ, or at least interpret a picture, and THEN come back and order. At the very least, learn the name or number of the item you are trying to order so we don't have to guess or play 20 questions to figure out what the F*** you want!!

(And contrary to popular belief, there is NO "secret menu" of items with stupid names like "Mcgangbang" or s**t like that. Those are simply regular menu items custom made for an individual who then somehow desides to give it a dumb name and expects others to know what the f*** it is just because they have ordered it that way before.)

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end

Last edited by MsMarvelDuckie; 02-27-2018 at 05:42 PM.
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2018, 03:21 PM   #8009
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Two days into the week (sans Sunday) and still trying to recover the catastrophic mess customers left over the weekend. Tore that store to hell. Luckily it's quieter on weekdays, but of course the ones who show up have to be those that take ZERO notice or care that I'm there trying to fix this mess and are absent of any rational thought that might suggest, "Hm, these tables look okay while the rest of the floor is a disaster. MAYBE somebody has been working hard to get it pulled back together and I should be considerate and not wreck it." NOPE. I don't know how many times I had to fix the same damn stuff after people messed it up yet again...while I was right there.

Bad enough that I twice overheard comments about how much a mess it is, while they're looking through a messy table... Then they moved on to one I'd finally gotten looking good annnnd... they wrecked part of it again. I mean, come on now! At least some people try to behave when you're right there. The others get glared at behind their backs...

edit: I went to double check my schedule, ensure that I'm still off tomorrow, and found that my password expired after I left work. And apparently it was changed so that I can't set a new password from home anymore, it has to be done via work. Brilliant move!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy Kappa View Post
Honestly, we where too kind when we did not report the neighbor after Donald bit my partner so hard she was bleeding last summer, cause that's grounds enough to put down a dog in Norway.
Yikes. Is there some kind of animal control that can remove the dog? No one should have to put up with such a potentially dangerous menace for so long.

And being bitten that badly... that's just asking for a nasty infection.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie View Post
Not that I’ve found. Aleeve is my best friend. And ginger root.

Sitting hurts. Laying down hurts. Walking hurts. Driving hurts. It SUCKS.

And I don’t even have a cool story to go with it all. Just a bunch of stupid bonehead decisions on my part trying to not aggravate a smaller injury.

I especially hate my chair at work. Hard evil chair
Bleh, any way to get a new chair? Surely that won't be helping it heal any faster. I won't even use the hard ones in our break room, I'd never be able to tolerate one like that all day long.

For what it's worth, I found that Biofreeze worked pretty well a while ago when I (I assume) I had strained my lower back. Though if I was in your position, at that point I think I'd be asking if there was anything prescription strength.

Last edited by IndigoErth; 02-27-2018 at 05:46 PM.
Old 02-28-2018, 01:51 AM   #8010
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

Thanks to the Center Part and The Christian People Party, the Positive List of Reptiles is up to a vote to be abolished around March 9.

For 40 years Norway have had a total ban on reptiles, and after a long battle we finally got a small list of 19 animals that are legal to own, this is now at risk.

But that's not the gear grinder, oh no.

A well established reptile supplier Deactive Reptiles who owns the reptinet.no website, a company that was sitting in the middle of the side of Norway where reptile smuggling was biggest, a company that have helped with supplies, breeding and care for reptiles have completely given into greed and claim they didn't know any better.

It was reported that a company was sending reptiles in the mail, which is illegal in Norway. The Norway Post clearly states that Live Animals are not accepted, and the Law is clear in Animal Transport Section. Yet these jackwagons have been shipping out snakes during the Xmas chaos so the snakes arrived in dire conditions. So when they where reported to the Food Department who also handles animals, they found reptiles in terrible shapes at their warehouse, animals was held way below minimum temperatures, sick gravid reptiles and 3 Red-Foot Tortoises was in a really bad shape.

These charlatans are trying to avoid responsibility and accountability by claiming that since the legality of reptiles are so new they don't know what's legal or not for transport which is complete ********, and they brush it off as "not a big deal".

This is not something the reptile community needs right now with the vote for removing the positive list is coming up, and those guys was one of the bigger suppliers and they've been revealed to be trash. I'm really glad I never got around to buy anything from them.
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2018, 08:06 AM   #8011
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

That's just a horrible way to do business. I hope they get nailed to the wall. That sort of thing is one of the main reasons I never got into reptiles or other more unusual or "exotic" pets.

Old 03-01-2018, 08:10 AM   #8012
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Current gear grind- IT decided to pay a visit again this week, and in so doing has left me to suffer through one of the worst bouts of dysmenorhia (sp?) I've ever had. Not only did it start up almost two days BEFORE the actual crapfest event showed itself, but it has also been giving me splitting migraines and something I call "fun with hot flashes" just because the usual brand of torture wasn't enough apparently. I am so DONE with this crap, and the worst part is that these wonky sessions are only getting more unpredictable every time. I'm hoping that means the plumbing is finally breaking down, as I have been almost in tears from the pain a couple of times already this week. Not to mention tossing for hours in bed only to sit up drenched with sweat and unable to do anything about it.

Old 03-02-2018, 09:25 AM   #8013
Vegita-San
Emperor

can we keep kristin wigg away from WW 2 please?

'Wrong, April. We've Been upgraded to Women hating TROLLS'

?The force is not female, the force is not male, the force is for everyone?
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2018, 09:29 AM   #8014
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine

Well I don't know about anyone else on this forum, but I don't have that kind of pull. It's possible your letter writing campaign might want to Target a larger demographic then the annoyance thread on a Ninja Turtle forum.

For my own part, I've really enjoyed what dramatic acting of hers I've seen. So I'm cautiously optimistic that if she's actually cast in the role - cuz as far as we know she's just been really short listed, yes? Or has she legit been confirmed? - that cold do more than a decent job.
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
There's no sense catering just to one demographic which is idiotic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
plastroncafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2018, 09:41 AM   #8015
TurtleWA
Foot Elite

reminds me of when jim carrey was cast in Batman movie
TurtleWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2018, 09:41 AM   #8016
ProactiveMan
Spooky ghost

It won't be that bad. Not even Arnold was that bad, and he was pretty bad. In fact, as long as Wiig never thrusts here loins at the camera and yells 'joygasm', then she's still winning.
Old 03-02-2018, 09:44 AM   #8017
Vegita-San
Emperor

Arnold at least looked like he was having fun. and as a live action version of the old tv show, i thought it worked rather well.

jim carrey was just a tad too over the top, but a rather interesting fit.

'Wrong, April. We've Been upgraded to Women hating TROLLS'

?The force is not female, the force is not male, the force is for everyone?
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2018, 09:50 AM   #8018
TurtleWA
Foot Elite

I was 12 when the movie was released. I loved Arnold and Jim Carrey. So I thought it was a very entertaining movie back in the day and was very excited when my aunt and uncle took me to watch it at the cinemas. I’d rather see kristin wigg in the movie over emma stone.
TurtleWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2018, 08:38 PM   #8019
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

It's not really so much a grind, but... didn't know it was a real issue...

Mom had retrieved a bunch of mugs, glasses, etc from my slob of a pair of sister and brother in law, now what they've "moved" into the new addition out back. (And god forbid they ever be considerate or adult enough to clean up this nonsense on their own instead of just leaving us with it!! There's the real grind part.)

Anyway... Mom left the stuff just sitting dry in the sink, which I can't personally stand. So I put a bunch of dish soap and water in everything so it can soak. Esp the number of mugs (of which at least a couple of them I'd been wondering where they had been!) so the dried up ice cream mess (from god knows how many months ago - I haven't seen those mugs in quite awhile) might wash off easier and fully in the dishwasher later.

Well someone put everything in the dishwasher, but failed to notice the soapy water they were filled with and didn't rinse them out/off. After a while she goes back to the kitchen and there is a puddle of foamy water in front of the dishwasher, apparently because of the dish soap.

I didn't realize that was a real thing... Too bad it's much less dramatic than in cartoons.
Old 03-03-2018, 12:42 AM   #8020
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Watched a Youtuber review a movie so bad that I am literally in agonizing pain now because of it. The Youtuber is good and his review was genuinely funny, but the movie is soo bad. And not the so bad its good type either. Just so bad you feel like alot of your brain cells have been killed off.

Spoiler:
So you wanna know what movie review I was watching huh? I'm warning you, you'll regret it.
Spoiler:
Last chance. Its not too late to turn back.
Spoiler:
Ok Fine. Its Leo the Lion, reiewed by SaberSpark. Don't say I didn't warn you.

Shredder could've done more than blow up the Channel Six building. I don't mean as far as murdering Splinter, but think of the possibilities if censors were not an issue.

Shredder and Krang combined had the biggest arsenal of any villains in all of the cartoons.
FredWolfLeonardo is online now   Reply With Quote