The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 02-08-2016, 01:09 PM   #14121
The Deadman
Foot Elite

I apologize for the confusion in my wording of that.

Also yes, that's what I meant as well. Cena won entirely way too much and when he did lose (rare exceptions, I know), it was via dirty tactics. I fear that's how they're going to book Reigns. That's why I called it the John Cena push. You lose once and then dominate the rest of the feud. That's not entertaining, that's when the product starts to become predictable and people start to actually dislike Reigns, like they do Cena. Predictability in wrestling is almost always a bad thing.

Last Movie Watched: Hell House LLC (2015).
Last TV Show Watched: Adventures of Sonic The Hedgehog (S1:E29).
The Deadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2016, 04:54 PM   #14122
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Deadman View Post
I apologize for the confusion in my wording of that.

Also yes, that's what I meant as well. Cena won entirely way too much and when he did lose (rare exceptions, I know), it was via dirty tactics. I fear that's how they're going to book Reigns. That's why I called it the John Cena push. You lose once and then dominate the rest of the feud. That's not entertaining, that's when the product starts to become predictable and people start to actually dislike Reigns, like they do Cena. Predictability in wrestling is almost always a bad thing.
I assumed it was the fact tone is nonexistent on internet and people can take it the wrong way. I think you mean wrestling die-hards who get tired of predictability and almost a formula approach opposed to surprises to go along with solid ring performances and gimmicks. I like wrestlers based on how appealing their gimmick is as far as Reigns and Taker are concerned and as far as Hogan and Savage are concerned their in-ring charisma coupled with watching them casually as a child so a little nostalgia mixed in, but they do hold up in retro-matches without that ingredient.

I have grown to appreciate chorography in the last few years and watching how they pull off certain moves. Heck, my favorite part of Power Rangers is the morphed fight sequences versus the regular sized monsters so I can watch the chorography. So I appreciate the technical side to it all as well.

The problem may lie in this, how can you book a good guy wrestler and not make it predictable but not lose traction by losing x feuds when goods guys are supposed to win most of the time? Yet you cant win but so often so it will not get too annoying for anyone high school aged or older. It is tricky. Brock wins too many while Bray does not win enough. Cena when helping build roster callus wins the feud when it may not be necessary especially if a title is not involved. How can Reigns do something like that without the title and not be annoying to having to win feud after feud but not look uncool or poorly thought of due to so many loses. Bray pulls it off but he is "evil" while Roman is good. That seems to be the issue. The only thing the man himself could work on is his mic skills. His cousin arguably is the best ever in that department so they could always practice scripts and help him on his responses for televised matches. It may not be an issue with me but I can see it being an issue with others. Just remember I am only a couple years younger than the Joe and I am his fan so its not just kids that like him and want to see his character succeed.

Danielson's retirement is all over the news and wrestlers are commenting on it. It's a shame. I hope the best for him. Much respect. Here is a sample of his colleagues comments.
https://twitter.com/hashtag/ThankYou...Bryan?src=hash

Last edited by MikeandRaph87; 02-08-2016 at 05:00 PM.
MikeandRaph87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2016, 09:35 PM   #14123
XERO
Hybrid Theorist

Here's to the next phase in your life, Daniel Bryan. Thank you for the exciting times.

"Travel at the speed of light... then hit the nitro!"
XERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2016, 12:00 AM   #14124
The Deadman
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
I assumed it was the fact tone is nonexistent on internet and people can take it the wrong way. I think you mean wrestling die-hards who get tired of predictability and almost a formula approach opposed to surprises to go along with solid ring performances and gimmicks. I like wrestlers based on how appealing their gimmick is as far as Reigns and Taker are concerned and as far as Hogan and Savage are concerned their in-ring charisma coupled with watching them casually as a child so a little nostalgia mixed in, but they do hold up in retro-matches without that ingredient.

I have grown to appreciate chorography in the last few years and watching how they pull off certain moves. Heck, my favorite part of Power Rangers is the morphed fight sequences versus the regular sized monsters so I can watch the chorography. So I appreciate the technical side to it all as well.

The problem may lie in this, how can you book a good guy wrestler and not make it predictable but not lose traction by losing x feuds when goods guys are supposed to win most of the time? Yet you cant win but so often so it will not get too annoying for anyone high school aged or older. It is tricky. Brock wins too many while Bray does not win enough. Cena when helping build roster callus wins the feud when it may not be necessary especially if a title is not involved. How can Reigns do something like that without the title and not be annoying to having to win feud after feud but not look uncool or poorly thought of due to so many loses. Bray pulls it off but he is "evil" while Roman is good. That seems to be the issue. The only thing the man himself could work on is his mic skills. His cousin arguably is the best ever in that department so they could always practice scripts and help him on his responses for televised matches. It may not be an issue with me but I can see it being an issue with others. Just remember I am only a couple years younger than the Joe and I am his fan so its not just kids that like him and want to see his character succeed.

Danielson's retirement is all over the news and wrestlers are commenting on it. It's a shame. I hope the best for him. Much respect. Here is a sample of his colleagues comments.
https://twitter.com/hashtag/ThankYou...Bryan?src=hash
Thing is Reigns had hired an acting coach when he was hurt in '14 and it apparently didnt help him one bit. His wrestling is less to be desired as well.

Old 02-09-2016, 05:18 AM   #14125
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

I thought that very thing would help. I guess he did so when The Shield broke up. Perhaps we all have certain weaknesses and that is Roman's weakness. As far as his in ring ability he had a limited move set, but I see improvement and like to watch him.
Old 02-10-2016, 09:06 AM   #14126
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Titus got suspended for this

ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 10:27 AM   #14127
The Stryker
Stupid Rich

Quote:
Thing is Reigns had hired an acting coach when he was hurt in '14 and it apparently didnt help him one bit. His wrestling is less to be desired as well.
Dude had fantastic matches on PPV all last year. What else does he have to do to be considered a 'good' wrestler?

@~<3 Mom~@
The Stryker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 11:12 AM   #14128
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Since the breakup of The Shield as far as PPVs are concerned there are a few highlights. Of course their last match as a team was my favorite with him included his solo outings have had some solid moments and shows he has the skill in-ring. I like to think after he came back from the hernia he had a series of great matches. Fastlane vs Daniel Bryan, WM 31 vs Brock Lesnar, Extreme Rules vs Big Show, he did well overall vs Bray Wyatt. I enjoyed that match of endless near count outs vs Sheamus at the end of the year too on RAW. I feel his feud with the Wyatt Family went a little long, but really that is it. The only real disappointment comes from Seth's injury cancelling his match with Roman. So much story and excellent chorography involved. I think his match vs Triple H has a lot of potential. The heavyweight championship is not necessary.

What happened to Nikki Bella? I read in one of the articles relating Daniel Bryan's announcement that is out for a extended period because of a neck injury.

It is odd that the highest authority cleared him if he has minor brain damage. I guess it's unrelated. I know he and all hate to admit it, but he did the smart thing because he deserves a family and for that he needs to stop. Hope he can change his mind and do something like Stone Cold did for an additional two years after his injuries caused an abrupt end to career.
Old 02-10-2016, 12:25 PM   #14129
The Deadman
Foot Elite

Nikki Bella had neck surgery

Old 02-10-2016, 03:01 PM   #14130
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Nikki Bella had neck surgery
And now CM Punk needs back surgery

http://www.rollingstone.com/sports/n...firms-20160210
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 03:34 PM   #14131
tmntfannumerouno
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
You know if anything else happens with this guy I'm calling ********.
I wouldn't be suprised if Dana White was in on this and punk was hired solely for the publicity and marketing to begin with.
tmntfannumerouno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 09:04 PM   #14132
Leo656
The Franchise

No, yeah, I'm sure a guy in Punk's condition trains as hard as he's been for no reason, past money. All the hours in the gym and hours of drive time in between is all for show.

The guy's legitimately been training his ass off. He got hurt. It happens. But there's no way it's all a work. Punk might hate everybody else but I doubt he hates himself that much to put himself through all this for a goof.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 09:19 PM   #14133
The Stryker
Stupid Rich

And Punk WAS pretty much hired for publicity and marketing. The whole he wants to actually fight thing was a bonus for Dana and the gang.

(Problem really is that his first few UFC 'promos' have been super awkward. You gotta think they wanted him to be a Chael Sonnen type.)

@~<3 Mom~@
Old 02-10-2016, 11:51 PM   #14134
TheCanadiandrome
Big, Bad & Bold

Location: Inside the Technodrome; Shredderville; Saskatchewan
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by XERO View Post
Here's to the next phase in your life, Daniel Bryan. Thank you for the exciting times.
Yes yes yes yes!!!

Man I cried that whole segment. He will be truly missed

Add me: PSN/XBL; Nintendo Network ID: BDS-3.1.6; Switch FC: SW-3378-5206-8020

TMNT Fan Club: http://sot.ag/4jZR0

Visit My Wish List:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=30904

My Collection:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=40276
TheCanadiandrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 09:45 AM   #14135
tmntfannumerouno
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
No, yeah, I'm sure a guy in Punk's condition trains as hard as he's been for no reason, past money. All the hours in the gym and hours of drive time in between is all for show.

The guy's legitimately been training his ass off. He got hurt. It happens. But there's no way it's all a work. Punk might hate everybody else but I doubt he hates himself that much to put himself through all this for a goof.
In the article it says that this was something that had been bothering him for awhile(as far back as wwe). The way I see it is he thought now was as good a time as any to FINALLY have this surgery done because he's getting paid whether he fights or not. I get the whole "he wanted to fight" deal when he first got there but once he started training he found out he wasn't as good as his own ego led him to believe and he got scared. Punks first fight will probably be sometime in 2017 the way things are going or until Dana can't make anymore money off of him and drops him.
tmntfannumerouno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 09:48 AM   #14136
The Deadman
Foot Elite

Punk's apparently got an 8 fight deal according to Dana White but i honestly think he'll see half of those.

Lucha Underground Season Three Taping Dates Revealed & When It Will Likely Air

Quote:
According to The Wrestling Observer Newsletter, Lucha Underground will tape season three on the following dates…

* March 19, 20, 26, 27
* April 9, 10, 16, 17
* May 7, 8, 14, 15

The season three Ultima Lucha shows fill be taped on May 14th and 15th. Talent have informed independent promoters they are unavailable from March 11th through the 19th, which likely means that they will be doing pre-tape work that week

At this time, the plan is for season three to debut in early 2017. This is a plan to save some money, as taping now means that they do not have to tear down and rebuild the Temple in Boyle Heights. The company would not have to tape more TV until fall of 2017; for now their focus will be to try and make new television deals, merchandise deals or outside business deals to generate new revenue streams.

Old 02-11-2016, 10:33 AM   #14137
The Stryker
Stupid Rich

Yeah. I kinda don't feel great about Lucha Underground's future.

They're kinda barely scraping by money-wise.

@~<3 Mom~@
Old 02-11-2016, 10:35 AM   #14138
The Deadman
Foot Elite

If they were scraping by money-wise i dont think they would of had the funds to even tape a season 2.

Old 02-11-2016, 10:45 AM   #14139
The Stryker
Stupid Rich

Quote:
If they were scraping by money-wise i dont think they would of had the funds to even tape a season 2.
They were funded by the El Rey network. Mostly because it's the only original show they have that has any kind of traction.

A Network that may not exist in 2 years and is barely holding on itself. The ratings for the show aren't fantastic and they don't make a ton on merchandise. They NEED to find distribution on a better network or get a foothold on spanish channels like Univision. That's how they're going to survive. This no money bringing in, high production values thing is not going to last.

@~<3 Mom~@
Old 02-11-2016, 10:57 AM   #14140
The Deadman
Foot Elite

Kevin Owens Pushed For WrestleMania Match With Undertaker

Quote:
– While the Undertaker isn’t likely to face Braun Strowman at WrestleMania 32 at this point, WWE has not established a replacement opponment. The WON reports that Kevin Owens pushed hard to face the Dead Man at WrestleMania, but was turned down.

There’s no word yet on who he’ll be facing, but the talk within the company is that it will be someone unexpected.
Vince McMahon Discusses Plans to Counteract Recent Injury Issue

Quote:
– During today’s WWE conference call, Vince McMahon was asked about the WWE’s recent injury issues as they head to WrestleMania 32. Here is what McMahon had to say…

“By being creative. We’ll have an awesome WrestleMania. It’ll be very attractive to our audience, just as attractive as last year.”

We’ll have a report of the conference call up shortly…

Tags
armbar#, silverdome brother, wrestling