The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 06-29-2017, 07:39 PM   #401
CyberCubed
Overlord

It's said to be the best Spiderman movie ever made, or the best one since Spiderman 2. The first critically acclaimed Spiderman film in 13 years.

Who would have thought we'd get a great Spiderman movie from Sony again? The young kids of today finally have a good Spiderman to grow up with, it almost brings a tear to my eye thinking about it.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2017, 08:04 PM   #402
sdp
Megan Fox = April

The Amazing Spider-Man duology was ok, sure not great but I'd say they're decent enough. Also isn't this a Spider-Man / Iron Man movie more than a solo Spidey film?
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2017, 09:52 PM   #403
GoldMutant
Control Your Narrative

This I think was totally glanced over, but in the spirit of Spider-Man, here we go:

http://comicbook.com/marvel/2017/05/...after-release/

Spider-Man 3 received an "Editor's Cut" a while back. As originally posted a while back, it clocks in at a runtime that's two minutes less. There were some alterations, but not a 3.1 as some may hope.

Someone on the Blu-Ray forums listed the changes/additions to the film:

http://forum.blu-ray.com/showpost.ph...postcount=1050

Honestly, you're better off finding the scenes on YouTube. It's unfortunate after a decade since its release, Spider-Man 3 only gets a few changes and mostly photos of the filming. Probably going to look at the novelization of the film due to this.
Old 06-29-2017, 09:54 PM   #404
TheSkeletonMan939
A New Day, A New Headache

It's nothing at all. Just an earlier cut of the film someone dredged up from the vaults. I don't think Raimi or anyone from the original film crew approved or oversaw the release.
TheSkeletonMan939 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2017, 09:55 PM   #405
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
That pissed me off so badly.

I feel for the Spideyfans...
Man, what? I thought that was one of the coolest parts of The Dark Knight Rises

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldMutant View Post
Eventually, the FAKE reviews will die and it'll be, like several other Marvel films, around the 80s range.

All seriousness, I see this film landing somewhere in the mid 80s by the time reviews are done at the most. 85% seems fair.
I'm gonna guess... 88 at the lowest, if it dips below the 90s at all
ProphetofGanja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2017, 10:00 PM   #406
GoldMutant
Control Your Narrative

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSkeletonMan939 View Post
It's nothing at all. Just an earlier cut of the film someone dredged up from the vaults. I don't think Raimi or anyone from the original film crew approved or oversaw the release.
I think the film's editor did, but otherwise, it is a serious waste.

It's a damn shame, I really wanted to see
Spoiler:
the full sand castle scene and alternate Venom/Sandman team up in it.

Last edited by GoldMutant; 06-29-2017 at 10:19 PM.
GoldMutant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2017, 10:42 PM   #407
DestronMirage22
Yukipedia

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
Zendaya's role made clear

Spoiler:
Michelle's friends call her ''MJ'', so she's Mary Jane, but not really. Just like how Ned Leeds has Ned's name but is more a Ganke expy

She's also not really that close to Peter in the movie, and doesn't gravitate to him through the film either. Her last scene is'nt even a ''face it tiger'' moment with an exotic makeover or anything

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/06...ming-spoilers/
Well that's disheartening.
DestronMirage22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2017, 08:53 AM   #408
The Deadman
Foot Elite

Homecoming Sequel Begins ‘Minutes’ After Avengers 4
Read more at http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/new...kdWTqCwDhSl.99

Last Movie Watched: Hell House LLC (2015).
Last TV Show Watched: Adventures of Sonic The Hedgehog (S1:E29).
The Deadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2017, 09:20 AM   #409
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
So. How do Spidey fans feel about this?
I really don't mind; the comics will always be there so I'm glad that the movies take take advantage of the opportunity to re-imagine some characters. I know it riles some people up but as long as the changes work within the new story context I think it's fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Deadman View Post
Homecoming Sequel Begins ‘Minutes’ After Avengers 4
Read more at http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/new...kdWTqCwDhSl.99
Yeah I just saw that, I'm very intrigued. I can't wait for Infinity War to come out. I do think it seems like its in danger of feeling very over-stuffed but I'm optimistic, Marvel has a good track record with me. I think the tone of their movies work well; it's what I want out of a comic book movie franchise at least.
ProphetofGanja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2017, 11:18 AM   #410
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Andre's review

Here's a review from the guys at ComicBookMovie.com

Last edited by TigerClaw; 06-30-2017 at 11:30 AM.
TigerClaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2017, 11:42 AM   #411
Aaronardo
Mad Scientist

I'm sorry, but having seen every trailer and piece of footage I can get my hands on of this movie, I just can't imagine it being close to Spider-Man 2. A good enough movie on its own? I'd believe it. But keep in mind many Marvel movies have started off with high RT ratings as well before eventually dipping. (Age of Ultron comes to mind)

I hope I'm wrong. I hope we all get to see another Spidey film on the big screen as good or even better than Spider-Man 2. But I'm worried a lot of these initial reviews are just overreactions claiming "it's better than the trainwreck that was Amazing Spider-Man 2, so it's good!"

Suppose we'll see.
"The Biosites have almost finished healing my flesh." - Shredder
"Because we're takin' the heart and you're goin' to jail!" - Donatello
Aaronardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2017, 12:04 PM   #412
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaronardo View Post
I'm sorry, but having seen every trailer and piece of footage I can get my hands on of this movie, I just can't imagine it being close to Spider-Man 2. A good enough movie on its own? I'd believe it. But keep in mind many Marvel movies have started off with high RT ratings as well before eventually dipping. (Age of Ultron comes to mind)
In agreement.

When it comes to MCU, I've always considered myself amongst the sane individuals from the Chicken Boo shorts who sees through his disguise and begs people to stop giving him attention. At the end of all these shorts, the person is often vindicated. Steadily, I've seen plenty of people catch on to Marvel's familiar tricks and tropes and are coming to realize the Emperor is naked.

Don't get me wrong, I'd sooner watch one of their movies than read one of their mainline comics, I do have favorites from the MCU, but more often they're cut from the same cloth, and are loaded with too much quirkiness and not enough pathos and tragedy. If the core comics are too cynical and depressing, the movies are too safe and cosy.

Marvel movies always get lavished with praise by these plebs, but like fast food, they swiftly forget about them and move on to the next one...most people who watch these films tend to talk more about the post-credits and sequels and not the movie they just forked over money to see.
ZariusTwo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2017, 02:03 PM   #413
Cure
Y'all need Jesus

Wow, you're like, so smart, man. Not full of yourself or anything.

I also like how the only comparison you can make for your argument is to a ****ing cartoon, hahaha.
Cure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2017, 01:50 AM   #414
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cure View Post
Wow, you're like, so smart, man. Not full of yourself or anything.
Better to be full of myself than ''full of it'' like you.

Quote:
I also like how the only comparison you can make for your argument is to a ****ing cartoon, hahaha.
Considering the cartoon in question was part of Animaniacs, one of the smartest shows ever created, I think the comparison is more than adequate.

Typical that you would find ignorant amusement in the fact I brought up a ''f-ing cartoon'' to make a point though....need I remind you also where we are? A fan forum named after something from a ''f-ing cartoon'', and where most of the active TMNT discussion on this forum happens to be about a ''f-ing cartoon'' on Nick?

Think McFly, think.

In the meantime, keep proving me right. This response has not helped your cause nor helped sway my opinion.

Last edited by ZariusTwo; 07-01-2017 at 03:09 AM.
Old 07-01-2017, 03:14 AM   #415
Leolead
Stone Warrior

Honestly, I'm having a hard time understanding how this is getting praise as the best Spider-Man movie when so many things have been changed from the comics. Like some of the spoilers I read
Spoiler:
Are headscratching at best & downright terrible at worst

I mean, "Spider-Man straight from the comics/done right"... Really?
Old 07-01-2017, 03:55 AM   #416
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leolead View Post
I mean, "Spider-Man straight from the comics/done right"... Really?
It's like some people have only been reading the last decade or so of the comics to come to that conclusion. There's nothing I've seen from Homecoming or even heard from it that matches the Spidey of old.

Hell I'm actually starting to think losing most of the origin was probably a mistake, as it removes the one thing that could add a truly tragic element to the movie and shelters people from what is Peter's most bitter lesson in favor of just getting on with super-heroics and crappy quips
Old 07-01-2017, 11:51 AM   #417
Leolead
Stone Warrior

Quote:
It's like some people have only been reading the last decade or so of the comics to come to that conclusion. There's nothing I've seen from Homecoming or even heard from it that matches the Spidey of old.

Hell I'm actually starting to think losing most of the origin was probably a mistake, as it removes the one thing that could add a truly tragic element to the movie and shelters people from what is Peter's most bitter lesson in favor of just getting on with super-heroics and crappy quips
Yeah agreed. And I read a few chapters of the Ultimate Spider-Man too & even then, I don't see that in this movie. There was always an element of tragedy, teen angst & drama in those comics. I don't know, I haven't seen the movie but so far, all they seem to want to focus on is the fun parts. It's disappointing that they wanna ignore the origin story. Just tired of critics saying it's Spider-Man done right.

Are we sure this isn't a PG kids movie for young children? 'cause that's who this Spider-Man seems to be made for.
Old 07-01-2017, 11:57 AM   #418
Cure
Y'all need Jesus

Quote:
This response has not helped your cause nor helped sway my opinion.
My cause, hahaha. Like pointing out when someone is being dumb is a cause.
Cure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 02:40 PM   #419
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Apparently Spider-Man's spider sense is not featured in the movie, this will piss off the purist no doubt.
https://www.comicbookmovie.com/spide...-movie-a152166
Quote:
I feel like we have seen a lot of Spider Sense in the previous films, so we didn't really lean into that as hard as they have in the previous films. But I do think it is a really interesting thing to explore.
Old 07-03-2017, 02:44 PM   #420
Splinter the boss
Stone Warrior

I don't understand why he doesn't have it yet, but it's nothing major for me because he still has his extreme agility. Still weird though.

"I am absolute, lower your head!"
Splinter the boss is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cubedagesquickly, cuck_blade, homecucking, iron man 7, spider-cuck, spider-man