The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Old 05-07-2020, 01:38 AM   #3541
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Enjoying rewatching the first season of Outlander with my mom, now that she decided to give it a watch and got hooked.

Though the rather frisky scenes are kinda awkward to watch with your mother. Ended up skipping the last five min of the ep we stopped on today, the one with prob the longest, most intense sex scene. That was probably the only time I'll ever see her decide that cleaning the cat box is the more appealing option.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2020, 08:39 AM   #3542
Leo656
The Franchise

That's the best. Couple'a years ago my wife and I spent the night at her grandmother's house, her 80-something grandmother wanted to watch the first Police Academy, which she owns. I love that movie, but immediately I remember all the sex humor and full-frontal boob shots. Nobody said anything during the movie itself, but that was a head-scratcher.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2020, 12:29 PM   #3543
Leo656
The Franchise

Nice weather so I got a decent workout outside in the yard for about two hours. Push-ups, squats, core, resistance bands, a little kickboxing for cardio and a few minutes of meditation. Doing the best I can with what I have available at the moment.

Old 05-07-2020, 01:05 PM   #3544
AquaParade
Banned

My Astonishing X-Men omnibus came in the mail the other day. That made me happy.

I probably won't read that story again for a while, but just flipping through it, I was reminded how great a comic that is. A true rarity.
Joss Whedon steps in out of nowhere and completely commands the page with his scripting. He manipulates panels like a master, by knowing how to build up to sequences that make you want to fist-pump or wipe your eyes. I could do without some of his tropes though. He should really write another one.
Then you have him paired up with John Cassady, on pencils, for all 25 sharply-paced issues, bringing a level of consistency meets quality that I can't recall getting from the Big 2 publishers anytime recently. You just don't get this anymore, and when you look at it now, it almost makes sense as to why. His lines are incredibly clean, and his layouts are plenty dynamic enough to match Joss's scripting.

Just a great series, and an excellent follow up to Grant Morrison's "New X-Men" run, by being equally as great, but in a completely different flavor. X-Men comics rule.

Last edited by AquaParade; 05-07-2020 at 01:13 PM.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2020, 02:13 PM   #3545
Vegita-San
Emperor

when it was easier spending 60 hours trying to beat the damn final level than it was giving ten minutes trying to figure out the even harder cheat skip,

'Wrong, April. We've Been upgraded to Women hating TROLLS'

?The force is not female, the force is not male, the force is for everyone?
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2020, 02:24 PM   #3546
Leo656
The Franchise

Discovery Family had like six episodes of MLP: FiM on in a row. Whooooo.

Old 05-07-2020, 03:00 PM   #3547
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
My Xanatos is here! Yes, it came yesterday, but I wasn't able to open it until Mr. D got home, as he wanted to check the other box first. There was a slight issue with it being packed in a box not quite big enough, causing a crease in the top corner of the card-back, but I figure since I was planning on opening it anyway, I guess I can't complain much. At least this time it was the right figure. And he opened the other one, and said it would be an early anniversary present, since he had no way to hide it. Turns out it was a pretty 20 year needlepoint plaque; really nice way to commemorate such a milestone. So it's going up on the wall in our bedroom.

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2020, 12:15 AM   #3548
Storm Eagle
Saved by

I got myself a new razor to shave, and now I don't have to wait until its safe to go to the barber again to shave off my unsightly facial hair, which has been growing for about two months since my last visit to the barber.
Storm Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2020, 02:02 AM   #3549
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
Discovery Family had like six episodes of MLP: FiM on in a row. Whooooo.

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/i...HF9PG&usqp=CAU
I simply must ask you as a fellow fan, what is your favourite episode so far?
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2020, 02:41 AM   #3550
Leo656
The Franchise

Y'know, I don't even know because I rarely catch the titles when it comes on, and I've seen all of it completely out of order. There's a ton I missed, too, but we're planning on getting the DVDs soon. We kind of re-committed to it after watching the movie a few days ago.

Anything centered around Rainbow Dash is a personal favorite. The episodes that introduced Zecora and Maud were pretty damn funny. I have a sentimental appreciation for the first and last episodes. There's pretty much none that I've seen that I dislike, but I will say that I'm less invested in the Cutie Mark Crusaders episodes. Regardless, I find it consistently hilarious and altogether well-written. I also really like the movie.

That's what I got. How's by you?

Old 05-21-2020, 05:22 AM   #3551
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
Y'know, I don't even know because I rarely catch the titles when it comes on, and I've seen all of it completely out of order. There's a ton I missed, too, but we're planning on getting the DVDs soon. We kind of re-committed to it after watching the movie a few days ago.

Anything centered around Rainbow Dash is a personal favorite. The episodes that introduced Zecora and Maud were pretty damn funny. I have a sentimental appreciation for the first and last episodes. There's pretty much none that I've seen that I dislike, but I will say that I'm less invested in the Cutie Mark Crusaders episodes. Regardless, I find it consistently hilarious and altogether well-written. I also really like the movie.

That's what I got. How's by you?
Awh man, I typed up such a long and thoughtful post on my smartphone about an hour ago and then I accidentally swipped upwards, causing the whole damn thing to refresh and delete my writing

Lesson learned, I'm never gonna use my phone for posting thoughtfully again, so here goes again:

You might wanna consider getting Netflix for the convenience and quality, since the first 8 seasons of Friendship is Magic are available on Netflix (atleast in my country, and the last season will likely get added anyway alongside the recent "Friendship is Forever" episode that take place between episodes 25 and 26 of season 9).

I agree with you on the movie, I have lost track of how many times I have seen it since it first came out in theatres.
Its especially something to treasure, since it has come out during a time when Western 2D animated films are near non-existent, let alone those with Disney-esque musical numbers.
Not only is the animation pleasant to look at, but the character interactions are pretty entertaining to watch (despite the story being pretty safe, but thats to be expected from a kids film).
My favourite song from the movie has to be "One Small Thing" for being soooo bouncy and catchy, favourite character moment was the argument between Twilight and Pinkie which hit pretty hard in the feels, and favourite character was Capper for being so charming and sleazy, and his musical number is almost my favourite.

Also on a side-note, you might wanna check out the one-hour special "Rainbow Roadtrip" if you haven't already, since it uses the art-style of the movie, albeit on a smaller animation budget.

Anyways, onto my favourite episodes, there are two episodes that I find myself re-visiting all the time, they are "The Best Night Ever" and "Parental Glideance".

"The Best Night Ever" (season 1, episode 26) was a pretty solid send-off to the show's first season, since we finally got to see the Grand Galloping Gala which was continuously built up after the show's opening two-parter.
Some pretty catchy songs in the episode, and the shenanigans that the Mane Six go through are all a lot of fun (with my favourite being Rarity and Prince Blueblood's one sided relationship).
Not much else to say about the episode that's already been said by other fans, its an instant classic at this point and remembered for being one of the last episodes that was made under Lauren Faust's personal supervision (Not that I thought that following seasons were any worse, but it was sad to see her go nonethless, would've been interesting to see what the show would've been like if she was still onboard and able to execute her creative vision).

As for my other favourite episode (and the more unconventional pick of the two), "Parental Glideance (season 7, episode 7) was pretty memorable for a number of reasons.
Firstly, we finally get to Rainbow Dash's parents after so many episodes,and they were incredibly likeable due to how cheery they were despite their overbearingness (and many fans had speculated about them for a long time, so that made the pay off all the more worth it).
Secondly, Scootalo played a prominent role, and I thought she was a lot of fun here due to her hyper-fangirl appreciation of Rainbow Dash (I prefer the Cutie Mark Crusaders in their individual episodes as opposed to them as a group, not that I dislike their group dynamic as you said).
Out of the two episodes, I'd be really curious of what you thought of this one in particular, since Rainbow Dash is our favourite and this episode gives her alot of backstory.

And If nothing else, Parental Glideance gave us this awesome moment

Anyways, thats all for now.
I don't think I've written a post this long in at least a year or two

Shredder could've done more than blow up the Channel Six building. I don't mean as far as murdering Splinter, but think of the possibilities if censors were not an issue.

Shredder and Krang combined had the biggest arsenal of any villains in all of the cartoons.

Last edited by FredWolfLeonardo; 05-21-2020 at 05:29 AM.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2020, 10:00 AM   #3552
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Can I just throw in my half a cent and say that the one thing I was disappointed in a tiny bit is that it ended without Scootaloo ever having a small growth spurt and finally being able to fly?

I mean I get the theme of having to live with and accept an impairment, but dealing with being delayed and a late bloomer and all that time not knowing if it would ever happen could have also been a worthy angle?

At least we did eventually see her parents though. Prior it just always seemed like she must have fallen from the sky and no one cared enough to go get her back.
Old 05-21-2020, 04:05 PM   #3553
Leo656
The Franchise

The three of us should start a band.

FWLeo: Dude, I hate when that happens. Some of the meanest stuff I've said to people is partly because I originally had a more thought-out response but it got deleted, and then I'm even more pissy. I feel you man, but thanks for taking the time to reply anyway. Very much appreciated.

As to some of your points:

- Eh, we're disc people. We did have most of the first two or three Seasons DVR'ed before we switched providers, though, losing that kinda sucked. But we always collect discs of stuff we like so we're probably gonna start buying one or two Seasons a month, depending.

- I pretty much agree about the movie. My wife and I bonded over seeing it in the theater while going through a rough patch so I'll always have a sentimental attachment for it. But I do genuinely think it's very good, I'd even objectively rank it higher than a lot of Disney stuff, and I think it deserved to have done better business because it really is very well-done. And I definitely have a strong appreciation for it being a more traditional style of animated film over the 3D CGI Pixar kinda stuff, which I generally just don't care for. I thought Tempest was pretty rad, if I have anything at all negative to say it's that the Storm King was a little under-cooked as a villain, and I wish more of the background characters were shown off, although I did very much appreciate how much work they did to try and get everyone in there in SOME way. But that's minor stuff. Loved the acting, loved the character interactions, loved the art style.

Musically, I think "Rainbow" and "Time To Be Awesome" stood out for me, the latter has kind of a Celtic feel to it. I actually have the Pirate Ponies 3-inch figurine box set. But yeah, I like the movie a lot. I ended up buying it twice, once when it first came out and then later when it came out on the 35th Anniversary disc with the 1986 movie. '86 movie is... a lot less good. Like a LOT less good.

- Those are some great picks for episodes. I enjoyed all of them quite a bit, especially the Season 1 finale. I like how in the ones I've seen, the show does a great job of keeping some kind of "event" in the background and slowly and subtly building to it all Season long without letting it interfere too much in the episodic nature of the show in general.

- I think I've only seen "Parental Glideance" once but I liked it a lot. I generally like seeing the family members of the Mane 6 brought in, and again, Dash is my favorite (although I like all of them pretty much equally anyways). Some other Dash-centric ones I really liked a lot were the ones where she gets Tank, the one where she fell in love with the Daring Do books and the one where she met A.K. Yearling. Dash tries so hard to be a brat, but she's really just a big softie. I actually brought my little Dash plush to the movie.

Thanks for your input, this is a good conversation. I'm actually trying to pick out which Dash shirt I'm gonna buy when I get paid. There's quite a few good ones to pick from, so it's a tough decision. The black ones where you just see her silhouette and the colored mane are quite striking. Leaning towards something like that.

Old 05-22-2020, 03:56 AM   #3554
Voltron
Handsomest Boy in School

Apparently, the government is giving me a month of salary because of coronavirus. That's one bad ass stimulus. I wasn't even laid off or anything.
Old 05-28-2020, 10:43 AM   #3555
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Found something "too good to be true" that...is apparently true. How often does that actually happen??

Long story short, Virgin Mobile ceased to exist in February and its customers were all handed over to Boost Mobile.

For those of us with the old grandfathered prepaid plan there has been SO little info on how that is going to work with Boost. All anyone knows is that the account expiration date just says to add money every 90 days, same as before... with a minimum of funds you can add being $1.

I figured you can probably just add small amounts like that whenever your account is low and you're in need of call time and probably isn't a sufficient amount to satisfy a 90 day requirement that was always $20 before.

Mine is due on the 30th and I figured let me try the $1 and see what happens... I'm sure that isn't enough and if so I'll just add more on the date it's due.

So I added a $1... and holy hell my expiration date moved to August.

I mean, I may not have the options and features of a smart phone (that I wouldn't be usng too often anyhow), but 3 months of phone service for $1? Yeah, I'll keep my little flip phone, thanks.
Old 05-30-2020, 07:07 PM   #3556
Leo656
The Franchise

Using the down time to catch up on some writing, lately. Got some very encouraging feedback from a few people today on a sample chapter, so that's always awesome (thanks to y'all who know who you are. ).

It was nice out today so I got a pretty good workout done in the driveway, also. Since I've not gone two days in ten years without being inside of a gym, I don't have any home equipment. So you need to be creative, but I'm getting by.

Old 06-04-2020, 06:05 PM   #3557
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Nephew's 4th birthday is Saturday. Granted our lockdown was lifted on Monday, but a drive by version of the water balloon (and water gun) fight he had last year (that he wanted again) has already been planned. Sister called one of our nearby fire stations (we actually have two close to us) and, barring any emergency calls, they agreed to come by in one of their trucks.
Old 06-04-2020, 06:59 PM   #3558
Leo656
The Franchise

My new shirt I bought finally came in the mail.

Old 06-04-2020, 07:14 PM   #3559
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Haha, that's cute.
Old 06-04-2020, 07:40 PM   #3560
Leo656
The Franchise

I'm gonna look so f*ckin' sexy.

First match I have when this pandemic's over, there's my new entrance gear.