The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 10-31-2017, 07:30 PM   #261
Shark_Blade
Emperor

People complain it's too jokey/silly and not serious on the plot. I haven't even bother to check it out.

Waiting for Justice League.
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2017, 10:25 PM   #262
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

Just got back. Really fun movie and I appreciated the streamlined storytelling.

This is probably in my Top 3 MCU movies
ProphetofGanja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2017, 09:48 AM   #263
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark_Blade View Post
People complain it's too jokey/silly and not serious on the plot. I haven't even bother to check it out
That's a sensible tactic. JL sounds pretty passable from what I've read of it. It won't be great, but I think it'll have stakes and some touching moments. Ragnarok has almost none of that.

And yet, predicably, every where I look, the MCU cult of accepting utter mediocrity are praising it to the hilt again. It never gets old for them, the lack of stakes, the campy predictable jokes that aren't even that numerous to a modern day frat boy (who'd much rather crack an alt-right joke) it's like they're radicalized or something.

I've often joked that if DC released Batman and Robin in theaters today, the same people would f*cking adore it if it had the Marvel label on it.
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2017, 10:37 AM   #264
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

The way I see it, it really just comes down to what type of person you are: you either like fun, enjoyable movies and can understand that people can still feel emotions while they're telling jokes (oftentimes the people telling jokes are doing so because it helps them deal with their emotions), or you need your movies to be full of gritty, grimdark angst and seriousness with characters that lose it because somebody says their mom's name. To each their own I guess
Old 11-03-2017, 10:41 AM   #265
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Will see it tonight. I'm sure it'll be funny, though I'm kind of tired of laughing at Thor. I hope there's enough meat with weight in it.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2017, 10:46 AM   #266
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

There were definitely plenty of poignant moments and consequences to the events that took place. Moving forward in the MCU, things will be very different for some characters
Old 11-04-2017, 04:38 PM   #267
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Saw the movie today, I thought this is the best Marvel movie this year.

I love how
Spoiler:
they used Willy Wonka's Pure Imagination
Old 11-04-2017, 04:43 PM   #268
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine

I caught this movie last night and I got to be honest, I have absolutely no idea how I feel about it.

It certainly passed my first tried and true test of an engaging movie and that I didn't look at my watch once during the course of it.

I was really happy to see all of the characters and enjoyed all of their performances, but there was something a little too on the nose about it.
I found some of the humor to be jarring.

Spoiler:
I guess I just don't expect people outside of midgard to be neurotic, and it seems like the whole movie was steeped in neuroses.

I imagine people from the other Realms to be a bit more Posh, for lack of a better term. So when Banner is anxious and socially inept in this new world it makes sense.

And since Thor and Loki have spent so much time in midgard, it makes sense that they should also kind of have these personality quirks.

I just found it really weird that anyone else would.

I'm seeing it again tomorrow, because I promised two sets of friends that I would go and see it with them so maybe I will have a more succinct opinion by then.

That said, I did enjoy it.
And I would totally advise anyone who is sick of the MCU, to steer clear of it. It's not going to make you happy.
Actually if you prefer the DC snyderverse, you would probably want to sit this one out too.
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
There's no sense catering just to one demographic which is idiotic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
plastroncafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2017, 08:02 PM   #269
Splinter the boss
Stone Warrior

I saw it today. I enjoyed it. It was funny, great graphics. I recommend it to anyone.

"I am absolute, lower your head!"
Splinter the boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2017, 04:28 AM   #270
Mayhem
Foot Elite

Saw it Friday, really enjoyed it, then again, I actually enjoyed the first two Thor movies as well (albeit for different reasons), so it was sad to see some of the things that transpired...

Spoiler:
Brushing off Jane's absence quite quickly, killing the Warriors Three, no Lady Sif... wonder where she is currently?

But as the film went on, you could sense this was going to be a make or break film for the character and where they wanted to take the series prior to Avengers 3... no more so than...

Spoiler:
destroying Asgard as we knew it to defeat Hela, which I twigged was going to happen when you realised they couldn't stop her.

Although, I will say that one thing still escapes us...

Spoiler:
I was expecting to see or hear mention of the final Infinity Stone in the film. Perhaps it was under our noses, or eyes, all the time... maybe it's what gave Odin some of his power, and now he is gone... it's back our there in the cosmos to be discovered.
Old 11-05-2017, 04:53 AM   #271
drgon78
Mad Scientist

Saw the movie yesterday, I really enjoyed it, it is shame that it is the last one in the Thor stand alone movies. I would love to see a Master of the Universe movie with the same budget, style, type of music but less humorous.
drgon78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2017, 05:20 AM   #272
AT-Man
I SEEN IT

Quote:
Originally Posted by drgon78 View Post
I would love to see a Master of the Universe movie with the same budget, style, type of music but less humorous.
Ideal casting: Chris Hemsworth is He-Man and Luke Hemsworth is Adam.

Through the Golden Door
AT-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2017, 05:50 AM   #273
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
Saw it Friday, really enjoyed it, then again, I actually enjoyed the first two Thor movies as well (albeit for different reasons), so it was sad to see some of the things that transpired...

Spoiler:
Brushing off Jane's absence quite quickly, killing the Warriors Three, no Lady Sif... wonder where she is currently?

But as the film went on, you could sense this was going to be a make or break film for the character and where they wanted to take the series prior to Avengers 3... no more so than...

Spoiler:
destroying Asgard as we knew it to defeat Hela, which I twigged was going to happen when you realised they couldn't stop her.

Although, I will say that one thing still escapes us...

Spoiler:
I was expecting to see or hear mention of the final Infinity Stone in the film. Perhaps it was under our noses, or eyes, all the time... maybe it's what gave Odin some of his power, and now he is gone... it's back our there in the cosmos to be discovered.
In the comics after
Spoiler:
the destruction of Asgard, they were able to rebuilt it in Oklahoma.
Old 11-05-2017, 11:59 AM   #274
NinjaPug
Foot Elite

Pretty disappointed with this movie.

What a waste of Blanchett as Hela. Her storyline didn't mesh with the rest of the movie structurally and I don't think her character matched the rest of what the movie was going for tonally. The MCU definitely has a villain problem that I've been ok with mainly because they've done a great job with their heroes (which isn't always a given - see DCEU) but their use of Hela really disappointed me.

That said I thought the Planet Hulk/Sakaaran stuff worked pretty great. My favorite use of Hulk so far and I loved Tessa Thompson as Valkyrie.
NinjaPug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2017, 12:33 PM   #275
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

I enjoyed the atmosphere and "feel" of the film... but I did not like the movie.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2017, 02:27 PM   #276
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

I'm looking forward to seeing it on Redbox or dollar theater, because I DO want to see Hela. And I'm glad Lady Sif is being saved for potential future use.

But other than those things, this movie isn't for me. At least you guys are enjoying it.
Old 11-05-2017, 04:57 PM   #277
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

I'm not really surprised by some of the reactions to this movie, many of you guys aren't fully into Marvel movies, but I myself enjoy there movies, even if I didn't read any of there comics, it doesn't make me want to read the comics.

I love the tone of this movie, this was a tone needed to make Thor work in the MCU, when we get to Black Panther and Infinity War, its when the tone gets more serious.
Old 11-05-2017, 08:50 PM   #278
ranger_scout
Foot Elite

I saw the movie yesterday. All I can say is that was a fun ride and a HUGE IMPROVEMENT over Thor: The Dark World. Cate Blanchett has certainly mastered playing really evil villains. The new characters were fun and the acting from the rest of the cast was spot-on.

Spoiler:
I loved it when Thor outsmarted Loki before he could try to hand him back over to the Grandmaster and told him he was becoming too predictable.
I also couldn't help but laugh when Loki watched as the Hulk pulverized Thor to the ground and said "now you know what that feels like." Everyone was right about how Asgard didn't have to be a place as long as its people were still alive.
ranger_scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2017, 10:18 PM   #279
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
And I'm glad Lady Sif is being saved for potential future use.
It's less that she's being saved, and more that the actress is the lead on a television show and couldn't get the scheduling to work.
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
There's no sense catering just to one demographic which is idiotic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
plastroncafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2017, 02:35 AM   #280
Mayhem
Foot Elite

That I already knew and partly why she isn't in the film, but there wasn't even a mention of her...

Tags
marvel cinematic titanic, ragnacuck, whor 3: ragnacock