The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 12-29-2018, 08:30 AM   #1
2K3
Foot Soldier

Young Justice: Outsiders

A week to go before Greg Weisman and Brandon Vitti's Epic show is brought back after a 5 year cancellation, and BOY are we in for a wild ride.

Who here's looking forward to the new season?
2K3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2018, 04:24 PM   #2
Redeemer
Technodrome Technician

I am going to bing watch watch the first two seasons sense I have not watched the series in a while. I am still in awe and disbelief that this show is coming back! I am going to start the free trial just to watch the new eps.
Redeemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2019, 06:09 PM   #3
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

I read something about... they made Aqualad into Aquaman, and made him gay? Even though he was straight previously?
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2019, 06:11 PM   #4
Vegita-San
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
I read something about... they made Aqualad into Aquaman, and made him gay? Even though he was straight previously?
you expect logic and facts to get in the way of SJW wokeness?

'Wrong, April. We've Been upgraded to Women hating TROLLS'

?The force is not female, the force is not male, the force is for everyone?
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2019, 07:20 PM   #5
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Aqualad (Kaldur), and a new young Aqualad were shown to be gay lovers in the most recent episode. You can find the screencap on tumblr.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2019, 09:07 PM   #6
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Yeesh, Kaldur was definitely in love with a female Atlantian named Tula in Season 1 "Downtime" episode.

I can't remember if it was shown on-screen or just referenced, but she was killed off:
https://youngjustice.fandom.com/wiki/Aquagirl

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2019, 10:38 PM   #7
Redeemer
Technodrome Technician

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanwinters View Post
Yeesh, Kaldur was definitely in love with a female Atlantian named Tula in Season 1 "Downtime" episode.

I can't remember if it was shown on-screen or just referenced, but she was killed off:
https://youngjustice.fandom.com/wiki/Aquagirl
Yeah they acknowledged her death in season 2 using it as his reasoning for going rogue was her death.

I am honestly pretty damn disappointed, I hate when they "white-wash" characters or change them for the sake of representation. Please just create new characters if you want to introduce diversity instead of changing established characters. Other wise we would not have such great characters as Miles Morales, Spider-Gwen, Blue Beetle/Hime Reyes, ect.....

But from my understanding the reason is bc when the show started DC was in its DC New 52 phase, but when they rebooted in 2013 or so with Rebirth DC made Aqualad/Kaldor Gay/Homo-sexual(Sorry not sure which phrase is more appropriate). So I believe this was the excuse or Green-Light for them to have this scene. But As I said before I am disappointed by the choice, I wish they would just have introduced a new a character to represent/inclusion for LBGTQ communities.
Old 08-05-2019, 06:06 AM   #8
CyberCubed
Overlord

To be fair some gay guys did date girls when they were younger before they had their “gay awakening” or realized they were interested in men. He could also be bisexual.

Personally I don’t care much, Aqualad never had a major relationship on screeen.

Now if it were Nightwing who was made into a homosexual, then i would have been absolutely devastated and been pissed off as hell. Don’t touch my boy, getting worried that Dick Grayson’s “pretty boy” look DC has given him lately might lead to something....oh good god no. Please God no!
Old 08-05-2019, 02:29 PM   #9
Redeemer
Technodrome Technician

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
To be fair some gay guys did date girls when they were younger before they had their “gay awakening” or realized they were interested in men. He could also be bisexual.

Personally I don’t care much, Aqualad never had a major relationship on screeen.

Now if it were Nightwing who was made into a homosexual, then i would have been absolutely devastated and been pissed off as hell. Don’t touch my boy, getting worried that Dick Grayson’s “pretty boy” look DC has given him lately might lead to something....oh good god no. Please God no!
Fair point, but as I said before I get annoyed in what is essentially "White Washing" a character. Please just introduce a new character to represent that group. The Western Culture/Comic Culture has a huge problem with repetitive stories and characters. Constantly recycling characters and stories instead of coming up with new characters and stories like the manga industry does.
Old 09-25-2020, 10:56 AM   #10
Vegita-San
Emperor

so, I liked the first two seasons, giving this one a chance.

so far, five episodes in and it seems more of the same good stuff.

Moving toward president Luthor.

VERY little SJW nonsense . One 'we get it, men bad' joke. but that was normal teen back and forth. and one muslim super hero remix. but the character is interesting and actually seems to struggle in life, rather than giving it all as 'best evah'. so i'm letting this one pass.

but, so far 5 episodes, not bad for a netflix show.

Old 09-26-2020, 06:01 AM   #11
drgon78
Mad Scientist

Any news on a fourth season?
drgon78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2020, 08:06 AM   #12
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by drgon78 View Post
Any news on a fourth season?
Fourth season was confirmed at fandome.
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2020, 09:09 AM   #13
CyberCubed
Overlord

I hope the fourth season is the last. He's really stretching out the Darkseid plot and it's ridiculous now. Greg Weisman is almost purposely stringing fans along now and this is what I hate about his writing style. He purposely sets things up he knows will never finish because shows end or get canceled and now he's doing the same here.

Makes me sick to my stomach.
Old 09-27-2020, 01:33 PM   #14
sdp
Megan Fox = April

No matter how many seasons it gets, the last will always have an unresolved cliffhanger even if the darkseid plot is done.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2020, 01:44 PM   #15
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
I hope the fourth season is the last. He's really stretching out the Darkseid plot and it's ridiculous now. Greg Weisman is almost purposely stringing fans along now and this is what I hate about his writing style. He purposely sets things up he knows will never finish because shows end or get canceled and now he's doing the same here.

Makes me sick to my stomach.
Young Justice was pretty much doing that from the beginning. Season 2 was just egregious. I haven't watched any of Outsiders but it doesn't surprise me the show continues to be 90% buildup with barely any satisfying payoff.

View my sketch work!
Old 09-27-2020, 02:06 PM   #16
Leo656
The Franchise

I think that's why I stopped at some point in Season 2, if I recall correctly. I mostly liked the show but it seemed to be getting kinda meandering.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2020, 02:35 PM   #17
Vegita-San
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanwinters View Post
Young Justice was pretty much doing that from the beginning. Season 2 was just egregious. I haven't watched any of Outsiders but it doesn't surprise me the show continues to be 90% buildup with barely any satisfying payoff.
you would never have made it through all 10 of smallville
i'm surprised I did.

Old 09-27-2020, 04:27 PM   #18
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
you would never have made it through all 10 of smallville
i'm surprised I did.
I never watched the show, but I read about all the speculation as to whether the show would ever show "Superman" in costume while the show was entering its later seasons. That must have been nuts for anybody following the show weekly. It makes no sense to me why they wouldn't make the shift from "The Blur" to "Superman" after moving all the status quo to Metropolis. Other than... budget I guess.

View my sketch work!
Old 09-27-2020, 04:51 PM   #19
Leo656
The Franchise

It was because Tom Welling is an ungrateful piece of sh*t and actively hates Superman, he just enjoyed getting the paycheck. He openly swore he'd have quit the show if they ever tried to make him wear the costume, and even threatened to walk off during the series finale until they agreed to CGI it in post-production. Even for the "Crisis" TV event he almost hung up on them when they asked him to do a cameo, until they swore up and down that he wouldn't have to wear the suit. F*ck that asshole, he's a nobody and a moron. The fact that he's "the ideal Superman" in the eyes of so many idiots when he actively hates the f*cking character is a joke. He's a GAP model who got a break, nothing more. F*ck Tom Welling.

That entire show was wall-to-wall terrible. I gave it several chances over its entire run and outside of Erica Durance's tits there's nothing at all redeeming about it. With the exception of the live-action stage musical it's the most nauseating Superman-related thing I've ever seen.

It just goes to show you how much bullsh*t people will accept if you rip-off the music and the Sun Crystal motif from the Reeve movies. You give them that little bit of treacle and they'll forgive ten seasons of pure garbage.

"But I don't wanna be Supermaaaaaaaan." For TEN YEARS. I still gag whenever I see any of it. Not long ago at a friend's insistence I watched a clip of the finale, just to see if maybe I was in a bad mood when I saw it as it first aired. Nope, still awful. The entire show is literally "Superman For Dummies".

It's all retroactively even worse knowing that in-canon, according to the "Crisis" TV event, Welling's "Superman" up and quit after a few years, giving up his powers to be a regular schlub and hang out on a farm with Lois. Way to "embrace your destiny", you goddamn whiny putz. Again, TEN SEASONS of "You have a grand destiny, you simply need to embrace it", and in the end it's summed up with... "Nah, this is hard, I don't wanna do this anymore." Sure, the "Crisis" coda fits the show and its specific portrayal of "Clark"... but the show was always a terrible version of Clark in the first place, so that's nothing to brag about.

Jesus. I F*cking hate that show.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2020, 04:59 PM   #20
Vegita-San
Emperor

Looking back on it, it really was the first wokeness of hollywood, de escalizing the quintessential male super hero into a whiny puss.

'I want lana'...
'I wanna be normal'...
'why are these things happening to me?'
'I don't wanna be an alien!'

wah wah wah wah wah wah...

what's the point of the superman mythos if he doesn't even want to be superman?