The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 08-23-2017, 01:18 PM   #1701
mrmaczaps
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
Eleven specifically says he was given a "whole new regeneration cycle" before he properly became Twelve. You must have missed that, it's just as he finishes off the fish fingers and custard in the TARDIS.

You'd have to go back way back to the classic series to see the Time Lords first talk about giving their race whole new regenerations, they offered them to The Master in "The Five Doctors" when they asked him to assist The Doctors in the Death Zone.
Sadly the seriee isn't on Netflix any longer and I cannot rewatch them right now. If I heard it, I took it as a single one or it didn't register... lol.
mrmaczaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2017, 02:46 PM   #1702
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Apparently Zoe Ball confirmed Walsh as the companion on her BBC radio show yesterday, but virtually nobody has picked up on it.
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2017, 04:38 AM   #1703
Mayhem
Foot Elite

Interesting... well, if true, possibly the first time the companion is more well known than the person playing the Doctor? At least in the UK.
Old 09-07-2017, 09:23 AM   #1704
ZariusTwo
Overlord

The BBC finally confirm what was very evident for months, Class is cancelled

http://www.digitalspy.com/tv/class/n...off-cancelled/
Old 09-07-2017, 09:31 AM   #1705
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:

Surprising absolutely no one.

I don't get why they didn't try a different spinoff. River Song, Jack Harkness, revive Torchwood, UNIT, the Paternost Gang, Me and Clara...

ANYTHING. Oh well, I'm sure somebody liked Class.
Old 09-07-2017, 11:50 AM   #1706
TheCanadiandrome
Big, Bad & Bold

Location: Inside the Technodrome; Shredderville; Saskatchewan
Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
Surprising absolutely no one.

I don't get why they didn't try a different spinoff. River Song, Jack Harkness, revive Torchwood, UNIT, the Paternost Gang, Me and Clara...

ANYTHING. Oh well, I'm sure somebody liked Class.
Specially Torchwood damn it!

Add me: PSN/XBL; Nintendo Network ID: BDS-3.1.6; Switch FC: SW-3378-5206-8020

TMNT Fan Club: http://sot.ag/4jZR0

Visit My Wish List:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=30904

My Collection:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=40276
TheCanadiandrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 08:37 AM   #1707
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Big Finish announced today that David Bradley is continuing his role as the First Doctor for a series of audio adventures following the Doctor Who Christmas special.

More details:

Materialising in time for the New Year, The First Doctor Adventures features David Bradley reprising his role in a new set of stories for a very familiar, yet very new, Doctor.

Following his stellar portrayal of William Hartnell in BBC Two’s An Adventure in Space and Time, David Bradley (Game of Thrones, Harry Potter, Broadchurch, Captain America) is set to star as the First Doctor in this year’s BBC One Doctor Who Christmas Special alongside Peter Capaldi. And now Big Finish Productions, in arrangement with BBC Worldwide, are giving this reimagined First Doctor another chance to explore the cosmos!

Joining David Bradley are his co-stars from An Adventure in Space and Time reprising their roles as the iconic first TARDIS team. Jamie Glover (Elizabeth, Waterloo Road, Holby City) plays Ian Chesterton, Jemma Powell (Alice in Wonderland, Angel, Foyle’s War) plays Barbara Wright, and Claudia Grant (Harry Potter and the Cursed Child) plays Susan – the Doctor’s granddaughter and the original ‘Unearthly Child’.

“The adventures of the First Doctor are all about discovery,” says script editor and writer Matt Fitton, “finding out what this infinite universe contains, and also who our fellow travellers are. As we journey with Ian, Barbara, Susan and the mysterious Doctor, we come to see what they are capable of when confronted with the strange, the unjust and the dangerous.”

Executive producer Nicholas Briggs: “Having worked with David twice now on TV, it’s great to be working with him again. Matt and his team of writers have come up with such a beautifully authentic set of scripts. We forget how different Doctor Who was, back in those early days – and here it all is, painstakingly recreated. I find that rather thrilling.”

Nick adds: “What’s fascinating about the cast and their performances is that they’re not impersonating William Hartnell and his TARDIS crew. They’re playing those parts as written in the scripts. No one can replace the brilliance of those original performances. What we’re presenting here is a kind of reinvention of that era, completely in the spirit of the original. They are new but entirely faithful interpretations of these characters.”

“I’ve always been a great admirer of David Bradley’s work”, says executive producer Jason Haigh-Ellery, “and thought that he was an excellent choice to play William Hartnell in An Adventure in Space and Time. After his brilliant performance, we immediately thought about bringing David in to play the First Doctor for Big Finish – it took us a while – but we got there in the end! I’m so looking forward to seeing David in the Christmas Special and then listening to his further adventures with us.”

This series of adventures pays homage to the beginning years of Doctor Who, and each of the four episodes in each story will be given an individual title. Two of the four stories are historical, focusing on tales from Earth’s history pre-1963. Back in its first few years, Doctor Who was intended to be an educational programme using time travel as a means to explore scientific ideas and famous moments in history, while still captivating the minds and imaginations of generations to come.

Not only will the Doctor be exploring our history, but he will also encounter strange new life forms – the Dalmari and the Ashtallans.

And in a Big Finish exclusive, the First Doctor will encounter his greatest foe, the first incarnation of fellow Time Lord, the Master, played by James Dreyfus.

Available in December, the stories in The First Doctor Adventures – Volume 1 consist of:

1.1 The Destination Wars by Matt Fitton

1.2 The Great White Hurricane by Guy Adams

And to follow in July 2018, Doctor Who: The First Doctor Adventures – Volume 2:

2.1 The Invention of Death by John Dorney

2.2 The Barbarians and the Samurai by Andrew Smith

Doctor Who: The First Doctor Adventures – Volume 1 is available for pre-order now at £23 on CD or £20 on download from Big Finish and will remain at this price until general release when it will be available for £35 on CD or £30 on download.

Doctor Who: The First Doctor Adventures – Volume 1 can also be purchased as a bundle with Doctor Who: The First Doctor Adventures – Volume 2, to be released in July 2018, at the price of £45 on CD and £40 on download (all CD purchases from the Big Finish website unlock a download exclusive from the Big Finish website and app).
Old 09-16-2017, 07:21 AM   #1708
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

Quote:

Such a shame as I really liked it and thought it had some promise as a series. Ah, well, it doesn't surprise me since the ratings weren't that great either.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2017, 04:40 PM   #1709
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

The 13th Doctor Has 3 companions

http://metro.co.uk/2017/10/22/new-do...irmed-7019370/

Graham, Ryan, Yasmin.

Also we only get 10 50 minute Episodes for Series 11 of Doctor who. That sucks we lose 3 episodes

Last edited by Autbot_Benz; 10-22-2017 at 05:24 PM.
Autbot_Benz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2017, 10:14 PM   #1710
snake
Disgusting

10? What the f*ck?
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2017, 11:05 PM   #1711
ProactiveMan
Spooky ghost

I'd rather 10 mostly good ones, than 10 mostly good ones and three rush-jobs like we've been getting.
Old 10-22-2017, 11:55 PM   #1712
ZariusTwo
Overlord

I've heard some theories that this may be a different take on the traditional Doctor/Companion role...in that they may not all share the TARDIS in the series and will take turns accompanying The Doctor. Kind of like a procedural.

Wonder how this affects The Chase on ITV? (Bradley Walsh's game show)
Old 11-09-2017, 09:21 AM   #1715
Spike Spiegel
See You Next Mission

Quote:
That's a funky t-shirt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryomancer View Post
Mirage [is]...a comic about life and how life and the people closest to you just absolutely suck sometimes. It's "adult" in a very real sense, in that it deals with heavy themes that resonate more with adults, not that it's full of blood and titties or whatever.
Quote:
Originally Posted by d_osborn View Post
[TMNT 1990 director Steve] Barron recognized the early Mirage issues as perfect storyboards. It's a shame no other filmmaker has.
Spike Spiegel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 09:35 AM   #1716
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

I am unimpressed.
Old 11-09-2017, 10:19 AM   #1717
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Did the Doctor go to Goodwill or Salvation Army to put together her outfit? #feminism. (If you watched the flash you will get that hastag joke)
Old 11-09-2017, 10:34 AM   #1718
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Looks kinda 4th Doctor, a bit... just less scarf?
Old 11-09-2017, 11:18 AM   #1719
Bry
So Long, Stinktown!

I can dig it. It's eccentric without being clownish, which is a nice balance for a modern Doctor outfit. The jacket does a good job tying it all together -- the navy lining with rainbow ribbon and dark brown trim at the bottom connect the shirt and the boots really well.

I really like the coat. I wouldn't mind some variance in the pants and shirt a bit (and that's pretty standard for modern Doctors -- a revolving number of shirts and accessories work with an iconic jacket). But it's a solid look, IMO.

I also like that they're going back to a more old/worn-looking TARDIS. I love the 11/12-era TARDIS, but it was very slick and "new" looking in a way that'd be likely to draw attention, where an older, more abandoned-looking TARDIS is more likely to blend into the environment the way it's intended to.
Old 11-09-2017, 11:20 AM   #1720
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

I like it too.

And, to be fair, most of the Doctor's outfits probably came from a Salvation Army/Goodwill-type place anyway. Even the suits.

(The whole thing looks super comfortable...even the suspenders. I'd wear it. Especially the shirt, it has my preferred neckline)

Tags
doctor cuck, doctor karen, progress, rtd2, toxic masculinity