The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 05-21-2020, 11:53 AM   #1
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Paul Feig wants to share his Cut of fembusters

Paul Feig
@paulfeig
·
10h
There’s a three and a half hour cut of Ghostbusters: ATC I’d be happy to share. #FeygerCut twitter.com/profmdwhite/st…

Why does this exist ?
Old 05-21-2020, 12:02 PM   #2
IMJ
Emperor

I think it's a great idea. Let those fools spend more money on their flopped agenda film so that it flops again simply to hammer home the point that no one wants this nonsense.
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2020, 12:08 PM   #3
AquaParade
Banned

Man, we really should be pushing for the Barron TMNT cut right about now.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2020, 12:32 PM   #4
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

The difference between Feigbusters and Justice League is there's a chance this new cut of JL could be a marked improvement.

There ain't no improvin' on Feigbusters, unless you cut it down, not up. Way, WAY down.
Old 05-21-2020, 12:35 PM   #5
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Release Batman Forever with the deleted scenes
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2020, 02:09 PM   #6
snake
Disgusting

Release the 5 hour cut of The Phantom Menace
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2020, 02:47 PM   #7
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

5 hour cut of Tommy Wiseau's The Room or I riot.
Old 05-21-2020, 02:55 PM   #8
Leo656
The Franchise

Pretty sure he's joking. The "3.5 hours" thing gives it away, since Snyder had earlier stated that his cut of JL was 3.5 hours before WB offered to complete and expand it. Also, that hashtag makes it obvious.

Yet more proof that Paul Feig doesn't know what's funny.

EDIT: Yeah, look closer, it's definitely a joke. What a rube. BUT, he worked some'a you marks so I guess he got what he wanted.

But yeah, go ahead and breathe easy, guys, he was just trying (and failing) to be clever.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/

Last edited by Leo656; 05-21-2020 at 03:26 PM.
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2020, 03:38 PM   #9
Sumac
Banned

Hm, and how many of those "Director's cut"s gonna pop out in the next few weeks and months, I wonder?
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2020, 04:11 PM   #10
Leo656
The Franchise

Probably several, which honestly isn't a bad thing. The door's open for all kinds of things now. And lots of movies exist which weren't exactly treated well during production that deserve another chance.

Might be too late to fix something like Alien 3, for example, but it's a good example of a movie that IF it were possible to see a better version of, they'd be up for it. "Batman Forever" is another one people talk about a lot. Plus, there's gonna be an entertainment gap for a while depending on how long this pandemic lasts, so it gives people more content in a time when pickings are slim. So that's kinda nice to think about.

I mean, hell, f*ck it. I'm a huge free-market enthusiast. "Put your products out there and let them find their own audience", that's always been my attitude.

Like even this... thing, if it were real and it came out I'd support it on principle by saying, "Sure, it has a right to exist for anyone interested". I just would never, ever watch it or pay for it.

Old 05-21-2020, 06:49 PM   #11
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

We can imagine what's in it. The "uncut" version of GB 2016 just added a bunch of dance numbers and the like.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2020, 06:55 PM   #12
Xav
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
Might be too late to fix something like Alien 3, for example, but it's a good example of a movie that IF it were possible to see a better version of, they'd be up for it.
Wasn't Alien 3 already fixed with the "Assembly Cut"?
Xav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2020, 07:47 PM   #13
Leo656
The Franchise

I'unno, I missed that one. I'm more familiar with the legendary clusterf*ck surrounding its production because I really like reading about movies getting made. I probably spend a lot more time reading about the production of movies, than I do actually watching said movies. Like there's a few movies I've still yet to even watch but I can tell you all kinds of stuff about what happened while they were being made.

Big "Making Of" guy. Hook that sh*t to muh veins.

Old 05-24-2020, 09:56 PM   #14
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Feig blames the 2016 election and being anti hillary for feigbusters doing so bad

https://comicbook.com/movies/news/gh...oor-reception/
Old 05-24-2020, 10:32 PM   #15
Leo656
The Franchise

How noble of him to take another director's belated victory as an opportunity to get some attention for himself.

Seriously, Zack's JL cut gets the green light, this guy pops up and makes an obvious joke post, which I am still seeing some clueless nitwits reporting as if it's serious (It is NOT), and now he's back on the wagon ranting and raving.

I hadn't heard this guy's name written or spoken in like three years. Now he's got all this attention. Because another director got good news. "LOOKIT ME! I EXIST, ALSO!"

How f*cking crass and vulgar. Literally everything I've ever seen or heard from this guy makes me wanna put him in the Camel Clutch.

Also, this guy just needs to walk around wearing a shirt that says "I Hate My Own Dick." I've never heard anyone who identifies as male be such an "outspoken empowered woman" in my entire goddamn life.

And if Leslie Jones is "one of the funniest people you know and work with" then you need better friends.

Last edited by Leo656; 05-24-2020 at 10:40 PM.
Old 05-24-2020, 11:20 PM   #16
TommyT
Banned

Serious question for the room. Does anyone here like Ghostbusters because they are legitimately afraid of ghosts, or is it all member berries? Is it the comedy? Is it the Romance? The effects?
TommyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2020, 11:34 PM   #17
Leo656
The Franchise

For me and others of a certain age I think a lot of the appeal comes in being able to see it from different and evolving angles as you go through different phases of life.

For me and my friends when we were 3, 4, 5 years old, it was all seen "straight" and the Ghostbusters were super-heroes. We noticed some of the comedy, but when you're a kid most things you're exposed to have comedy in them.

Then you get a little older and you notice more of how tongue-in-cheek it really is. But you can still take it at face value and watch it as "an action/adventure movie with comedy", OR "a comedy with action/adventure elements" and it's justifiable from either side.

I mean, the cartoons and comics of the day were also played totally "straight" with little of the movie's comedy, so it's not like it only ever existed as a lark. But you can get different kinds of enjoyment out of it regardless of what angle you view it from.

Although I feel that much of that charm is lost on people who were not first exposed to the property as children. It ages well with you if it's something you see as a kid and go back to later, BUT simply looking back on it as adults with no previous exposure, I see many people claim to not "get it". Which I guess can be true of anything. It makes me sad, though.

All I saw from "Answer The Call", by contrast, was a very not-funny "comedy" that tried to both mimic and deconstruct the first movie and did neither of those things very well. It might be the worst movie I've ever seen but I'm not entirely sure. I've seen worse-produced movies but this thing actually tried to be something of substance and completely imploded.

But if it's not that then it's probably "Legend of Chun-Li."

Old 05-25-2020, 12:54 AM   #18
TommyT
Banned

Okay, so what is "it" that maybe some of us aren't getting today? From my understanding, it was meant to be played straight, to an extent, given Ackroyds family history with Mediums and spiritualism. It also doesn't seem like much of a send up, or subversive. Murray is the only one seemingly winking at the camera.

I saw it in theater as well, but It didn't hit me where maybe it hit you.
Old 05-25-2020, 01:09 AM   #19
Leo656
The Franchise

I'm not sure if I could articulate it.

I find that many things in life are things that a person simply either feels a strong connection to, or does not. When pressed, it usually comes down to the person and not the product. What a person likes and why and how much is almost always a very personal thing.

It's like Jeff Jarrett famously once said about pro wrestling, but I find it applies evenly to all things in life: "If you get it, no explanation is necessary. If you don't get it, then no explanation will ever do."

Sounds like a polite way of avoiding even trying to explain it, but really, if you look at how these conversations usually go, it typically comes back to some variation of that. Could be a movie, a song, a cartoon, anything... on some level, it just has to do with the person themselves and what they value, and not the product. Which is why no two people will ever see any one thing the exact same way.

For example, most people on this forum don't get why He-Man is so cool. From my angle, I don't think TMNT is anywhere near as cool as He-Man is. And you could sit me and someone else across the table from each other to try and have an open and honest dialog about it, but at the end of the day nobody's going to convince anyone of anything except how strongly they hold on to their own personal opinions. So it might even be silly to have the conversation, unless it was merely an open exchange of ideas.

But most of the time it's not that, it's "Sell me on this." And that's almost impossible to do.

So I kind of feel that Ghostbusters is like He-Man, or Superman, or Rocky movies, or pro wrestling, or even TMNT, or anything else, really: If someone's not already into it, they probably wouldn't be into it even if someone else wrote an entire novel about why they like it or why you should also. It's just not possible for two people to "share a lens" in looking at or appreciating things.

So yeah, I don't know. I kinda gave up on trying to "sell" people on things back in high school. But maybe someone else is up for the challenge.

Old 05-25-2020, 02:08 AM   #20
TommyT
Banned

He-man is cooler than TMNT. That’s a given.

A better question, what did they get so wrong in 16, aside from the women? What does a good GB reboot look like? GB 2021?