The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 06-10-2005, 03:01 PM   #41
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryo
That's pretty sad...

Why would they demean Batman like that?
It's a commerical, there's nothing "demeaning" about it, hell, Stone Cold Steve Austin appeared on a "Got Milk" ad once, it does'nt take anything away from the guy.

Last edited by ZariusTwo; 06-10-2005 at 03:08 PM.
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2005, 10:29 PM   #42
the Dark Knight
Thug

Yeah, besides, it's just the WB trying to market the film. Hell, if you go to Toys R' Us, you'll probably find Batman Begins party favors and wrapping paper and lollipops and all kinds of other far worse things.

Quote:
People went to see spider-man for the love of the character and shite like action, through all of the five-hour love-scenes it stumbles badly.
Yeah, I hate it when they try to put "love" in my movies, I wish they would just keep my two hours of senseless violence "love" free!
Old 06-13-2005, 07:54 AM   #43
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by the Dark Knight
Yeah, I hate it when they try to put "love" in my movies, I wish they would just keep my two hours of senseless violence "love" free!

Spider-Man is'nt about that at all

Last edited by ZariusTwo; 06-13-2005 at 08:11 AM.
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2005, 08:39 AM   #44
Brodie
Certified Teacher

Batman and Spider-Man the only good superheroes? Oh for f'uck's sake.
Old 06-15-2005, 05:20 AM   #45
Raven
follower of Jesus

just saw the movie not to long ago, this movie kicks spidermans ass! It makes Tim Burtons batman films look like **** (that is if you liked them)

so many twists and turns, this deserves a 10/10
Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2005, 06:01 AM   #46
Mecha Cow
Gorgeous and modest too

I'm really looking forward to this movie, probably going to see it sometime this week.
Old 06-15-2005, 08:20 AM   #47
Shadow Leonardo
Foot Soldier

This movie will be great heck I put a Batman Begins teaser poster in my signature well now I don't, but this will be a good movie nonetheless too bad I wasn't able to go to a midnight showing.Though I plan to go today.

Dooku:"You have anger,you have hate, but you don't use them."
Shadow Leonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2005, 10:21 AM   #48
Weapon X
Turtle Power!

This BATMAN actually does look promissing, the only thing I dont get is the Bat Mobile/Tank..."What the hell?!?!?!", but anyways it will sure topple "BATMAN and Robin".
Weapon X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2005, 11:02 AM   #49
The Stryker
Stupid Rich

Well the new Mobile is supposed be alittle more "Practical" Not like the old movies which were more like Plastic Husks on a RC engine.

@~<3 Mom~@
The Stryker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2005, 01:19 PM   #50
Anarky
Outlaw Hero

Actually, I must say that I do like the design of the Battank. It is very different from what we have seen and it serves as a good basis for future versions of the Batmobile (because this is, after all, the first Batmobile). It already has some familiar things on it like the exhaust in the back.

Great thing that tank. I would drive one.
Anarky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2005, 08:05 PM   #51
Raven
follower of Jesus

just saw it again, if you havent seen this movie yet, do so now! It's that good, this movie gets batman right, and every other character. I had very high expectations for this movie, and I was just blown away, I plan on seeing this again real soon.
Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2005, 08:29 PM   #52
Brodie
Certified Teacher

After seeing this movie, let me just say this:

I jizzed everywhere in the theatre.

Everywhere.

It was so good. All the other Batman movies come in behind this one. The way the origin flows makes sense, the major hints and cameos by comic book characters (I.e., Carmine Falcone, the murderer of the Wayne parents, etc.). It got me so excited. This is the way Batman should be. Burton handled Batman the way any emo-***, 'my parents dont love me' prick would: Like The Nightmare Before Christmas. Now, thats not saying I dont like the original movie, I do. But this was so much better.

It was handled more like a horror / thriller / action flick. And that, to me, is the perfect way to handle Batman. The comics, and cartoons, they aren't these Action/comedy movies. Batman movies aren't supposed to be a buddy-flick, like with Batman & Robin. Batman is supposed to strike fear into people, and you'd think Bat-flicks would be kind of spooky/scary. This one is. Fear has so much to do with Batman, why wasn't it dealt with in the other movies?

Who ever doubted this movie will be sadly mistaken.

The Scarecrow is ****ing awesome. If you like maggots crawling on burlap sacks, you'll dig him.

And on a sidenote: MP, the dude to the far right in your sig looks like Tim Burton's version of Casey jones...weird.
Old 06-15-2005, 08:50 PM   #53
the Dark Knight
Thug

WOW

that's all I can say. I just saw the movie a little over an hour ago. I would've gone to a midnight showing, but I didn't know about it in time to get time off from work, but anyway, I got to see it today. I haven't been this excited about a movie since the first Ninja Turtles movie. And holy jeezus was I pleased with the result. This movie was amazing. Christian Bale as Batman was perfect, the villians, Gordon, Alfred, Lucius Fox, all the characters were great. Christopher Nolan did really good, giving the film a good pacing, and realistic look, as opposed to be overly comic book-like. The music was great too, not as catchy as Danny Elfman's theme from the first two movies, but still great stuff. The movie was just great. Go see this movie now.
Old 06-15-2005, 09:39 PM   #54
The Stryker
Stupid Rich

Any Mention of the J-man? it'll be beyond perfect if there is....I likes me Joker

@~<3 Mom~@
Old 06-15-2005, 09:49 PM   #55
the Dark Knight
Thug

You've got to go see it to find out, man! Don't waste time in front of your computer, go see it NOW!! In the words of Arnold Schwarzenegger in Predator , "Get to da Choppa'!!"
Old 06-15-2005, 10:04 PM   #56
The Stryker
Stupid Rich

I can't see it till SATURDAY!!!!!! damn money and transportation issues!

PM me...i don't care aboot spoilers

@~<3 Mom~@
Old 06-15-2005, 11:01 PM   #57
Dr. Doom
Allons-y!

I seriously cannot find the words to describe how amazing this movie was. It was that good.....maybe I can think of some later when I'm wearing clean pants...
Old 06-15-2005, 11:52 PM   #58
PiffDaddy
Thug

Just saw the flick tonight, it was perfect. The "dark" tone behind the movie was great. The history of Batman was portrayed very well, and was much truer to the DC comics. The casting director really did their job well, and all the actors did great performances, in my opinion.

I love how this movie works perfectly independent from the others, but sets them up with a flow that makes perfect sense.

They set up the Bad-guy in the movie extremely well, and alotted a very good time into them, because they had to spend the first half of the movie setting up Bruce to become Batman. The movie has a really good plot that has a very appropriate flow, answering a lot of questions that one would have about Batman's past.

Plus, they kept Batman to just a couple cheesy lines, but I wouldn't expect a Batman movie without them.

A definite must see, in fact, why haven't you seen it yet? Why not twice?

You have just read an inspired post. Although the author might not post as many replies, the replies made make up the quantity through the exquisite quality. Truly your life is better having read it. Rejoice.
PiffDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2005, 12:04 AM   #59
Ryona

Just saw this movie! It's bloody awesome!!! Not only the best Batman movie, but also the BEST superhero movie EVER!! Absolutly amazing!
Old 06-16-2005, 01:03 AM   #60
Barkworm
Super Moderator

I won't be able to see the movie till Sunday.
Barkworm is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
a long time ago, cuckman begins