The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 02-02-2018, 04:40 PM   #61
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
That would be super annoying. A million washers and dryers running, competing with presumably loud music to drown it out? Count me out.
I guess it would depend heavily on whether or not the music being played lines up with one's personal preference
Old 02-02-2018, 06:41 PM   #62
Sumac
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
Transwoman, biologically male. The weird thing about this page is that she went to a fertility clinic and is mad the doctor misgendered her, which I guess meant he told her biological males can't get pregnant, which is true and something she should know beforehand. This page depicts a pretty forced reason for her to be sad.
In some parts of the world you can be fined for stating this. And some people hope to push for laws which will make you jailed for saying stuff like this.

Apparently, stating that man can not be a woman and can not become pregnant (as well as using words like "vagina" and "breasts"), is offensive, somehow in the world of "post-truth". Interestingly, somehow it works only for trans"women" and no-one rises stink when someone uses word, like "penis". Makes you think what the true agenda of some of those activists is.

If Orwell knew about what kind of ridiculousness, some people are doing in the name of "Liberalism" and "Freedom", not in the name authoritarian tyranny, he would have been spinning in his grave so fast that you could've built a powerplant over it and light New Youk.

Last edited by Sumac; 02-03-2018 at 12:41 AM.
Old 02-02-2018, 06:53 PM   #63
sdp
Megan Fox = April

The irony is delicious.
Old 02-02-2018, 06:53 PM   #64
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weapons@theready View Post
What if the back story between Saki and Yoshi is that they were secret lovers and Yoshi betrayed Saki by hooking up with Tang Shen.
That...is actually kind of interesting. Hm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProphetofGanja View Post
I gotta say, a laundromat where I could get a drink while my clothes are in the washer or dryer would be so convenient
I'm pretty sure that was a setting in the Brental Floss comics...
Still seems like a terrible idea. Doing laundry while drunk sounds like a recipe for disaster.

As for LGBT presence, it probably will happen, just not in a really tumblr-y way. Because that would be pandering. Probably won't be much different than the way that one kid's dads were handled in The Loud House. Just "there" and not really questioned. Nor would it be something to make a big deal over longer than a day.

Last edited by Utrommaniac; 02-02-2018 at 07:00 PM.
Old 02-02-2018, 07:18 PM   #65
Leonardo_thebest
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumac View Post
It's like there can be only one on the forums.
At least Andrew is fun. Which I can't say about you.

Also, part about exploring gender and not sexuality is such bull-dang.
It's vice-versa. Not in the current days of post-truth and insanity, but in general.
Cis bro is a rage machine!
I love when you bait me like this. You say I'm no fun, I say you're pathetic, round and round we go.

It's healthy and natural. The sooner you accept yourself, and everyone else, the better off we'll be.
Old 02-02-2018, 09:11 PM   #66
Metalwolf
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumac View Post
In some parts of the world you can be fined for stating this. And some people hope to push for laws which will make you jailed for saying stuff like this.
In that same vein, some equate that 'misgendering' with literal violence. So yeah, the real Orwellian stuff is not far off.
Old 02-02-2018, 09:17 PM   #67
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metalwolf View Post
In that same vein, some equate that 'misgendering' with literal violence. So yeah, the real Orwellian stuff is not far off.
I think in Canada you get a fine or a criminal charge by doing so now? This is just what I've seen on FB.
Old 02-02-2018, 09:18 PM   #68
CyberCubed
Overlord

The fact that this stuff is just starting now makes you wonder what social norms will be like in the year 2050. It'll probably be as different than as 1950's lifestyle is to modern times.
Old 02-02-2018, 09:19 PM   #69
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Whatever it is you can bet that animal rights and nature won't be in that list for social norms because people are selfish.
Old 02-02-2018, 09:23 PM   #70
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
Whatever it is you can bet that animal rights and nature won't be in that list for social norms because people are selfish.
But what about people that identify as animals?

#Nonbinary

Shredder could've done more than blow up the Channel Six building. I don't mean as far as murdering Splinter, but think of the possibilities if censors were not an issue.

Shredder and Krang combined had the biggest arsenal of any villains in all of the cartoons.
Old 02-02-2018, 09:31 PM   #71
Leonardo_thebest
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
I think in Canada you get a fine or a criminal charge by doing so now? This is just what I've seen on FB.
I'm a Canadian. AMA.
Old 02-02-2018, 09:39 PM   #72
Sumac
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonardo_thebest View Post
I love when you bait me like this. You say I'm no fun, I say you're pathetic, round and round we go.

It's healthy and natural. The sooner you accept yourself, and everyone else, the better off we'll be.
I am not "cis" - I am normal human.

There is no need to designate me anything else, just so your precious transpeople could feel "no worse".

The whole idea of "cis" assignement is that transpeople feel that if they are assigned some designation, which makes them stand out from normal people, than everyone else should have some designation - a childish logic, but considering how de-attached from reality their whole "ideology", well, it's par for the course for them. Sadly, since modern "liberals" can't differ between "freedom" and "insanity" they gladly lap this bucket of pissshit and play along.

I have long time ago accepted everything about myself. And I don't see it as a ground to demand a unique designation or gender for myself, even I had some reasons to. This whole idea is infantile.

I do accept others, as long as they do not step on toes of other people.

And it's not natural. People who are not comfortable with their sex are not normal. Like people who born without eyes or without arms are not normal. Neither of those should serve as a ground to redefine idea of our species no matter how some crazies desire to.
Old 02-02-2018, 09:44 PM   #73
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo View Post
But what about people that identify as animals?

#Nonbinary
Not familiar with the furry fandom, are you now?
Old 02-02-2018, 09:52 PM   #74
PApagreg
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
Not familiar with the furry fandom, are you now?
They don't really identify as animals, you're thinking of otherkin.
Old 02-02-2018, 09:52 PM   #75
Leonardo_thebest
Banned

When do I get to remind him it's only a cartoon? It doesn't even look like it will be a good cartoon.
Again, the more young kids learn to not be afraid of who they are, the better adjusted a society we will have.

I hope they push the boundaries, and paint the rainbow. It would be a welcome change.

EDIT: Dude. you're the only one freaking out. You be you, but that you is clearly a cis-bro. That's normal for you, but not the norm.
I can't wait for Donnie to assert they are non-binary, and watch you implode with rage.
Old 02-02-2018, 11:10 PM   #76
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Again, the more young kids learn to not be afraid of who they are
That's kind of the thing, isn't it? Whether on one side of the argument or not.

Should an 11 year-old who can't, by any good measure, even determine their own bedtime or be allowed to do whatever they want... be allowed to decide unequivocally if they were born in the wrong body? Determining all immediate and subsequent action thereto (hormones, hormone blockers, surgery plans)?

Hey, you're 18? Do whatever you want, 100% supportive of that. Until then? Ehhh...

Last edited by Andrew NDB; 02-02-2018 at 11:55 PM.
Old 02-02-2018, 11:16 PM   #77
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Quote:
I can't wait for Donnie to assert they are non-binary, and watch you implode with rage.
I can't wait for you ask us whether the turtles should be depicted non-binary, then call us bigots and phobics when most of us don't agree.

Shredder could've done more than blow up the Channel Six building. I don't mean as far as murdering Splinter, but think of the possibilities if censors were not an issue.

Shredder and Krang combined had the biggest arsenal of any villains in all of the cartoons.
Old 02-03-2018, 12:20 AM   #78
Leonardo_thebest
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo View Post
I can't wait for you ask us whether the turtles should be depicted non-binary, then call us bigots and phobics when most of us don't agree.
If you check, I didn't.
Old 02-03-2018, 01:00 AM   #79
Sumac
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metalwolf View Post
Pretty much a thoughtcrime.
And then those people surprised when they are called "snowflakes".
Insults are bad, of course, but equating them with real violence?

It seems some societies move towards idea of making generation of stupid timid complacent "well adjusted" sheep with no identity whatsoever.

If we continue this line of thinking, in the society where personal identity is absolute - every statement might look like an offense, because, virtually any statement about yourself or someone else, might be interpreted as violation of personal freedom / expression.
Say that you are young - you offend old, say that you are white - you offend every non-white, say that you are woman - you offend bunch of narcissistic men...well, guess some things won't change, but still, you've got an idea.

In the end, natural order of things will win, because, people who would be fighting on daily basis who is more deserving to be called woman and why naming part of female biology is a REAL (?) violence against those who never had it, will become an easy prey for people who are not obsessed with this stupidity.

Quote:
Again, the more young kids learn to not be afraid of who they are, the better adjusted a society we will have.
Or more unstable?

Quote:
Dude. you're the only one freaking out. You be you, but that you is clearly a cis-bro. That's normal for you, but not the norm.
I am a normal person. Not "cis" or anything of your ridiculous and offensive language.
And yes, being man who likes to be a man is normal. Being woman who likes to be a woman is normal.
Being a man or a woman who doesn't like to be a man or a woman on a biological level (not due society sexism) is NOT normal. It is genetic defect just like blindness or deafness.

And I won't care if creators of the series will pander to crazies. I have accepted that at this stage of society evolution, people will do everything to get those "good guys / moral superiority" brownies.
Old 02-03-2018, 02:47 AM   #80
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

Quote:

Don't bother with Sumac, he's anti-science.
Closed Thread