The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 02-02-2017, 11:42 PM   #3081
Storm Eagle
Saved by

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post

IIRC Alpha's Magical Christmas was filmed after the cast had left but they still hadn't found the replacements which is why they left it at the "oh there they are on the viewing globe" which was added/filmed after they found the replacements. As to why they used the Green Ranger it was because the VHS came out before the episode White Light came out and didn't want to ruin the surprise.
The premiere of "White Light part II" and the release of Alpha's Magical Christmas actually happened in the same week. Probably on the same day, although a listing says AMC came out on October 19, 1994, which is a Wednesday, and home video releases usually happen on Tuesdays.

Quote:

However you can indeed watch MMPR:TM in HD as there are tons of movie channel rips online so it's not that the HD versions don't exist, they just don't find profitability in releasing a Blu-Ray disc of it. I'm not sure if Turbo has one but if it's ever been aired on movie channels then there should be an HD version out there as well.
It can be seen that way on Vudu.

Also, how do you explain 4K Blu-rays being a thing if you claim physical media is dying? Last I read, they were selling better than Blu-rays were when they first started out.
Storm Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2017, 11:45 PM   #3082
Shark_Blade
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm Eagle View Post
A lot of other movies aren't on Blu-ray. Some think that the movies weren't shot in the condition that would be suitable to be presented in HD.

I was thinking that perhaps they'd get released on Blu-ray once the upcoming Power Rangers movie came out on home video (which may be in the summer or early fall). Now I'm not so sure, since 20th Century Fox is putting out the movies again in one set next month. If they were ever going to put them out on Blu-ray, that also would have been a good opportunity to do it.
Quote:

if it were ever going to happen it would've been now with the new film but it'll likely never happen now counting that physical media for movies is a dying format and there just isn't much money any more to release something as niche as MMPRTM.

However you can indeed watch MMPR:TM in HD as there are tons of movie channel rips online so it's not that the HD versions don't exist, they just don't find profitability in releasing a Blu-Ray disc of it. I'm not sure if Turbo has one but if it's ever been aired on movie channels then there should be an HD version out there as well.
Yeah I understand even blu ray is hard to come by these days for older films. Hopefully there's at least digital HD format for it eventually, I'd still love that.
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2017, 11:08 PM   #3083
Allio
Foot Elite

3 episodes in and so far Ninja Steel has been pretty lack luster
Old 02-06-2017, 05:59 AM   #3084
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Three episodes in and Ninja Steel has been fine for me and others. As usual, you and your pessimistic sort don't speak for everyone.
ZariusTwo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2017, 06:37 AM   #3085
Storm Eagle
Saved by

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allio View Post
If you don't like it now, then chances are that you won't like it any better later on. I've noticed that pattern with you the past few years. Just throw in the towel, wait a couple of years, and give the next incarnation a try.
Old 02-06-2017, 01:27 PM   #3086
Allio
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
Three episodes in and Ninja Steel has been fine for me and others. As usual, you and your pessimistic sort don't speak for everyone.
I don't believe I ever said I did.

Quote:
If you don't like it now, then chances are that you won't like it any better later on. I've noticed that pattern with you the past few years. Just throw in the towel, wait a couple of years, and give the next incarnation a try.
I'm giving the show until the hiatus, can never say I'm not a fair man,

For a character that should be emotionally/sociablly stunted, Brody seemed to have easily adapted to earth culture considering for majority of his life, he had been raised as a slave with (what we assume) as Redbot and Mick. In fact, the way that Brody seemed to react when he couldn't find his brother conveyed more of what Brody's character should be then "not knowing test answers" ever could (granted, it might just be Brody's awkward acting just working with it)

Last edited by Allio; 02-06-2017 at 05:35 PM.
Allio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2017, 08:36 PM   #3087
Storm Eagle
Saved by

The episode of 2 Broke Girls that PRDC's Camille Hyde was appearing in was tonight. She played a sorority girl. She and the rest of the girls in the sorority wore PINK.
Old 02-08-2017, 08:55 AM   #3088
ranger_scout
Foot Elite

Lionsgate has released a new poster.

http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/new...oster#/slide/1
ranger_scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2017, 10:48 AM   #3089
The Deadman
Foot Elite

Quote:
So it's safe to assume you werent going to give the new season a chance if after 3 episodes it's not the best in your opinion.

Last Movie Watched: Hell House LLC (2015).
Last TV Show Watched: Adventures of Sonic The Hedgehog (S1:E29).
The Deadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2017, 12:17 PM   #3090
Allio
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Deadman View Post
So it's safe to assume you werent going to give the new season a chance if after 3 episodes it's not the best in your opinion.
Like I mentioned before I'm giving this until the hiatus (11-12 episodes) which is more than the five episode rule

as for "looking for the best" all I'm looking for is at least on Dino charge quality (not Super Charge, which I did drop mid way)

Many shows have a bad start, so here is hoping it only gets better. Just right now, it's just been lacking (episode 1 and 2 were okay with 3 being bad)

Granted, victor and Monty is probably the worst part and is a reason for episode to be dragged down (and of course being that the 'cheating is wrong' is quality of johnathan writing and really a poor example of how Brody is socially inept to earth

Granted whom am I to say? I am a man that loves to psychologically breakdown characters

side note, for Kyuuranger (which is more than likely 2019's sentai) we have two new rangers

which brings our total to 11

Last edited by Allio; 02-08-2017 at 08:43 PM.
Allio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 07:46 PM   #3091
NinjaPug
Foot Elite

The guy who did the one shot Power Rangers film a couple years ago is developing a new animated series that would be a retelling of the first 3 seasons. Getting ready to cringe - "And it’s going to be really ****ing dark. Darker than any other Power Rangers series.”

Wouldn't he need permission from Saban to do this? I'm assuming Saban holds the rights to the property.

http://www.polygon.com/tv/2017/2/9/1...r-rated-reboot
NinjaPug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 07:50 PM   #3092
Storm Eagle
Saved by

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaPug View Post
The guy who did the one shot Power Rangers film a couple years ago is developing a new animated series that would be a retelling of the first 3 seasons. Getting ready to cringe - "And it’s going to be really ****ing dark. Darker than any other Power Rangers series.”

Wouldn't he need permission from Saban to do this? I'm assuming Saban holds the rights to the property.

We don't need to know this.
Old 02-09-2017, 07:54 PM   #3093
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:

I just logged on to that very article! You also proposed the same question. My answer is, its not going to fly with Saban. It had a negative reaction to the fan short two years ago. I wanted an animated reboot,but with the original six back when PR was on hiatus in 2010. It never materialized. We got the Boom! comic series now so its not necessary.
Old 02-09-2017, 07:59 PM   #3094
TheCanadiandrome
Big, Bad & Bold

Location: Inside the Technodrome; Shredderville; Saskatchewan
Quote:
ive not been able to see it! it's not airing in Canada for whatever reason

Add me: PSN/XBL; Nintendo Network ID: BDS-3.1.6; Switch FC: SW-3378-5206-8020

TMNT Fan Club: http://sot.ag/4jZR0

Visit My Wish List:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=30904

My Collection:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=40276
TheCanadiandrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 08:07 PM   #3095
Storm Eagle
Saved by

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
I just logged on to that very article! You also proposed the same question. My answer is, its not going to fly with Saban. It had a negative reaction to the fan short two years ago. I wanted an animated reboot,but with the original six back when PR was on hiatus in 2010. It never materialized. We got the Boom! comic series now so its not necessary.
No, it seriously isn't.
Old 02-09-2017, 09:43 PM   #3096
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Compiled my thoughts on S3 of MMPR http://miscrave.com/articles/mmpr-s3

Weird season, a bunch of things that were not good and yet I don't hate it.
Quote:
Also, how do you explain 4K Blu-rays being a thing if you claim physical media is dying? Last I read, they were selling better than Blu-rays were when they first started out.
Physical media dying isn't a wild statement just look at record sales on music, dvd sales and BR sales. Heck just look at your local stores and compare the space they have for movies to ten years ago and tell me physical media is not dying. Sales of 4K BR being better than normal BRs doesn't mean much as BR when it launched had terrible sales, heck BR loses to DVD sales even now.

Plenty of people still buy physical media and it'll forever exist because there's a big enough niche audience but compared to the numbers it was doing 15-10 years ago yes it's totally dying. I've gotten a lot of flack for calling the death of physical media for the past ten years but finally people are realizing that it is indeed happening. This is the reason we don't have a BR of the MMPR movie and why we'll get another DVD re-release instead.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 10:26 PM   #3097
Storm Eagle
Saved by

Quote:

Physical media dying isn't a wild statement just look at record sales on music, dvd sales and BR sales. Heck just look at your local stores and compare the space they have for movies to ten years ago and tell me physical media is not dying. Sales of 4K BR being better than normal BRs doesn't mean much as BR when it launched had terrible sales, heck BR loses to DVD sales even now.

Plenty of people still buy physical media and it'll forever exist because there's a big enough niche audience but compared to the numbers it was doing 15-10 years ago yes it's totally dying. I've gotten a lot of flack for calling the death of physical media for the past ten years but finally people are realizing that it is indeed happening. This is the reason we don't have a BR of the MMPR movie and why we'll get another DVD re-release instead.
I have been to the stores lately, and the movie section doesn't seem any smaller than before. I'm also aware that DVDs usually outsell Blu-rays and have been for a while, but Blu-rays have been doing well enough to last as long as they have. So I don't see any of the forms of physical media going the way of the dodo any time soon.
Old 02-10-2017, 07:42 AM   #3098
NinjaPug
Foot Elite

NinjaPug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2017, 08:17 AM   #3099
Storm Eagle
Saved by

Quote:
That's pretty good. Is that the UK version?
Old 02-10-2017, 09:47 AM   #3100
Allio
Foot Elite

Quote:

I want an R-rated Goseiger prequel about Brajira

Tags
power rangers