The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Current Events

Notices

Old 03-22-2019, 01:37 PM   #1
Vegita-San
Emperor

Celebrities you are dissapointed got 'woke'

So, I enjoy Mystery Science Theater 3,000.

I like it's goofiness. I like that they clearly arn't trying too hard,while still wanting to put out a good product. and it makes me laugh.

But it's pretty clear that most of the cast is of the 'woke' generation.

I finally decided to give up the Mads podcast. after not listening to it for a while, I decided to click on their captain marvel link, and what do I hear within the first 5 minutes? 'incel', 'm***********' 'female lead movie'....and all the other SJW buzzwords that just give me eye rolls these days.

I also know the mads have worked with people like paul feig and are, for whatever reason, big fans of his and his 'work'. and, for my own sake, I figured it was probably safer to unfollow their podcast so it doesn't sully the memories of their funnier MST3K work.

I also know that Bill Corbet and Kevin Murphy are of the same ilk, but they are no where near as brazen ad frank and dr.forrester are in their hatred for the straight white male generation that has opinions. just looking at frank's twitter alone is sad.

are you able to seperate the performer from their political opinion? or have you had to stop following people because they are just getting too goofy for you?

'Wrong, April. We've Been upgraded to Women hating TROLLS'

?The force is not female, the force is not male, the force is for everyone?
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2019, 01:58 PM   #2
neatoman
Emperor

Depends on wheter or not their work got annoying because of it. James Gunn is "woke" but that seems to have very little to do with the GotG movies. JK Rowling is """""woke""""" but the only way that impacts her work is through statements about the canon and not the her work itself (which got bad for other reasons). Then there's Bill Nye who not only allowed his work to get "woke" but it got "woke" in such a tone deaf, cringeworthy, out of touch manner that it's actually hard to watch, just take a look.

Of course, then you have people like Aaron McGruder who is "woke" and it's reflected in his work but still makes very entertaining stuff. The Boondocks is essentially about identity politics without being cringeworthy and actually managing to be thoughtful. It's arguably one of the best TV shows ever made.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2019, 02:18 PM   #3
Prowler
Emperor

OP, you shouldn't care as much about what they think as you seem to in your post.

I really don't care for any of this "woke" thing or whatever.

Anyway, I'm usually good at separating the art from the artist but I wouldn't say I can do it 100% effectively all the time. I don't think anyone can.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2019, 02:27 PM   #4
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
OP, you shouldn't care as much about what they think as you seem to in your post.
Women and the "woke" probably keep vegita up at night
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2019, 02:35 PM   #5
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

I love lots of shows and movies, even if the cast are people who I wouldn't like in real life.

I love art, and absolutely don't care about the artists since I don't know any personally.

Its like me refusing to drive on my road because I found that it was built by a criminal.

Shredder could've done more than blow up the Channel Six building. I don't mean as far as murdering Splinter, but think of the possibilities if censors were not an issue.

Shredder and Krang combined had the biggest arsenal of any villains in all of the cartoons.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2019, 02:37 PM   #6
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo View Post
I love lots of shows and movies, even if the cast are people who I wouldn't like in real life.

I love art, and absolutely don't care about the artists since I don't know any personally.

Its like me refusing to drive on my road because I found that it was built by a criminal.
Tbh I don't even know what most celebs think about politics, religion, etc. Just like I listen to a lo of music but can't even name the members of about 80% of the bands I listen to. I only know and remember the band members from bigger bands like the Iron Maiden, Metallica, Slayer, etc.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2019, 11:52 PM   #7
snake
Disgusting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy Kappa View Post
Trying to find the right balance between "tastefully endowed" and "suspiciously busty" on his 3D model of April is what keeps Vegita-San up at night.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2019, 01:47 AM   #8
Sumac
Banned

I don't care about celebrities views on the politics and the like.

I don't want those aspects to get in the way of my enjoyment of their work and, besides, it's not like they can't support certain things, only when it benefits them.

All in all, they are merely people who can make mistakes, so I could care less.
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2019, 11:29 AM   #9
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

Quote:
Originally Posted by snake View Post
Trying to find the right balance between "tastefully endowed" and "suspiciously busty" on his 3D model of April is what keeps Vegita-San up at night.
Now I'm just imaging this

Old 03-25-2019, 06:13 PM   #10
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy Kappa View Post
Obligatory time to break out my vegita-san gif

Old 03-25-2019, 06:17 PM   #11
Leo656
The Franchise

Where's the gif for people who aren't "scared" of 'em but just plain don't like 'em?

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2019, 02:40 PM   #12
Wesley
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post

I really don't care for any of this "woke" thing or whatever.

Anyway, I'm usually good at separating the art from the artist but I wouldn't say I can do it 100% effectively all the time. I don't think anyone can.
Agreed. Can’t think of any artist I’m disappointed with. I don’t care about their personal views or lives tbh.
Wesley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2019, 02:41 PM   #13
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

Alice Cooper being a born again christian is... not disappointing but weird, like finding out santa is Your dad kinda weird
Old 03-24-2019, 11:43 PM   #14
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

I try to not get too "disappointed" in any celebrities. Otherwise I'd not be able to watch, say, Tom Cruise, Robert DeNiro and Joss Whedon movies/TV shows anymore. And I like to watch Tom Cruise, Robert DeNiro and Joss Whedon movies/TV shows.

Conversely, when I see celebrities piping stuff that I agree with, I admit it does makes me enjoy seeing them on screen a little bit more and root for them. But I think this is just human nature.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote