The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 06-03-2021, 09:01 AM   #1
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Scooby Doo & Krypto Too (2021)

According to animation editor Annie De Brock's official profile, one of the next DTV movies due out in 2021 is a Scooby Doo and Krypto The Superdog crossover

https://www.anniedebrock.com/biography
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2021, 10:36 AM   #2
sdp
Megan Fox = April

i hate dc heroes being part of scooby doo canon
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2021, 10:43 AM   #3
Allio
Foot Elite

Shouldn’t the Courage one be up soon
Old 06-03-2021, 04:04 PM   #4
LeotheLateBloomer
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allio View Post
Shouldn’t the Courage one be up soon
That's what I was thinking.
LeotheLateBloomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2021, 08:40 PM   #5
Leofan26
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
i hate dc heroes being part of scooby doo canon
Eh Its been like that since the original Batman days when he guest star'd on Scooby Doo movie days. Guess they want to continue with that. No idea how this will work though since its about SuperMans dog right? Why not have one big super hero dog crossover story instead... Courage / Scooby / BoyDog wonder all rolled into one?
Leofan26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2021, 09:24 PM   #6
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leofan26 View Post
Eh Its been like that since the original Batman days when he guest star'd on Scooby Doo movie days. Guess they want to continue with that. No idea how this will work though since its about SuperMans dog right? Why not have one big super hero dog crossover story instead... Courage / Scooby / BoyDog wonder all rolled into one?
the only superheroes that existed in the SD universe before the 2010's were unpowered superheroes, so yeah batman was there but he had no superpowers. Having superman and all of the DC Universe exist makes the average plot of SD make no sense.
Old 06-04-2021, 03:47 AM   #7
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
the only superheroes that existed in the SD universe before the 2010's were unpowered superheroes, so yeah batman was there but he had no superpowers. Having superman and all of the DC Universe exist makes the average plot of SD make no sense.
SD itself hasn't made sense in quite some time.
Old 06-04-2021, 06:39 AM   #8
oldmanwinters
Overlord

I'm expecting an inevitable Scooby crossover with every character in the DC stable.

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2021, 07:40 AM   #9
sdp
Megan Fox = April

In the golden age of HB they made sure never to crossover their different universes, the Yogiverse, the flinstones verse and scoobyverse. Not counting noncanon stuff like laughalympics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanwinters View Post
I'm expecting an inevitable Scooby crossover with every character in the DC stable.
A this point it's inevitable, Superman is next and then so is Tom & Jerry and the Flintstones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
SD itself hasn't made sense in quite some time.
Only in the last 5 years or so because they don't know what to do with the franchise so they're just crossing him over with any WB owned character that makes no sense.
Stuff like retconning zombie island is just a bad decision but at least it made sense.
Old 03-06-2023, 03:34 AM   #10
ZariusTwo
Overlord

The entire film has leaked and can be found on Internet Archive
Old 03-06-2023, 04:35 AM   #11
LeotheLateBloomer
Foot Elite

WB really loves Scooby Doo enough to release a movie every year. Never saw the appeal of Krypto personally but I'm surprised this wasn't made sooner. I did enjoy the Brave and the Bold crossover and wouldn't mind another one. Something about those Scooby/Batman crossovers are usually pretty charming. Though I still haven't watched the one that had TAS Batman.
LeotheLateBloomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2023, 05:45 AM   #12
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Overall I enjoyed it. Definitely better than the last couple of films, though the 'whodunnit' is a fairly predictable one and it's not even the final twist

Spoiler:
It's not too woke either, the boys and girls are all equal, there's a lot of hetero 'ship teasing going on in it with Daphne/Fred and Jimmy/Daphne, Velma's sexuality isn't brought up at all, I mean, sure, Daphne says she'd prefer to be Batman than Wonder Woman, but that's the extent of it.

The bad guy behind the mystery is Mercy Graves using a Phantom Zone projector, but it turns out Lex Luthor was several steps ahead of her and by the time he finishes revealing his master plan, Mercy's back on his side again and it becomes a big sprawling superhero action brawl with Mystery Inc helping Krypto out against an army of lex droids.

Some nods to the Donner Superman films again, Zod, Ursa and Non are patterned after their movie looks for instance, and Lex's scheme again involves land property like Gene Hackman.

Fred has a crush on Harley Quinn (who thankfully resembles her original Batman: TAS self throughout and isn't a horny lesbian), but it isn't really developed, Daphne spends most of the movie making him jealous over Jimmy's fascination with her...but even Jimmy doesn't appear too much in the film, only appearing early and then arriving late at the end. Lois is also wasted.