The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 03-27-2019, 12:08 AM   #1141
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
I don't buy that the evil doctor and cicada just suddenly turn good and the latter even WANTS to be cured. it makes no sense.
Horribly planned. This is the first season that has gone 17 episodes without there seeming like a cohesive plan is in place. Usually I'll go 8 or 9 before it begins to snap together, like, "Ohhhh, I see where they're going."
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2019, 05:41 AM   #1142
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Grant Gustin caught vaping on a flight, he had his pen confiscated without incident though

https://www.tmz.com/2019/04/02/the-f...ght-vancouver/
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 09:58 PM   #1143
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Tonight's Episode Nora's backstory which was directed by Danielle Panabaker herself was really well done one of the best this season.

Old 04-17-2019, 12:08 PM   #1144
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autbot_Benz View Post
Tonight's Episode Nora's backstory which was directed by Danielle Panabaker herself was really well done one of the best this season.

https://i.imgur.com/fGGNu8G.gif
It was decent enough. I really like the actress that plays Nora.

Odd to think she's a fair amount older than both Grant Gustin and Candice Patton IRL.
Old 04-17-2019, 01:28 PM   #1145
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
It was decent enough. I really like the actress that plays Nora.

Odd to think she's a fair amount older than both Grant Gustin and Candice Patton IRL.
ya I like the actress who plays nora too. she really good and she is kind of cute.
Old 04-26-2019, 11:28 AM   #1146
Vegita-San
Emperor

I think the stupid sacrifice of caitlan's father was done to show how they eventually win nora back.

this stupid season is REALLY all over the place with plot lines. it doesn't seem very well planned out at all.

'Wrong, April. We've Been upgraded to Women hating TROLLS'

?The force is not female, the force is not male, the force is for everyone?
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2019, 11:39 AM   #1147
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
this stupid season is REALLY all over the place with plot lines. it doesn't seem very well planned out at all.
It's the first one that's consistently inconsistent like that.
Old 05-15-2019, 12:26 PM   #1148
Vegita-San
Emperor

This season, while more fun than The Thinker before it, has been a complete mess from start to finish.

Cicada - OK.. Interesting enough idea...but contradictory. he goes around killing meta's, but is apparently ok with his own super powers helping him do it? when his job was done, what was he going to do, do himself in?

The Doctor 'helping' him along. also, an interesting idea, but completely wasted. she served as nothing more than a nurse maid to grace. and was so useless she got forgotten as soon as she was killed off. he only plot point was to somehow convince cicade 1 to take the cure. and THAT made ZERO sense whatsoever. curing Grace would only have made sure that he wouldn't have to kill his own blood. his regular mission should have still continued and he definetly should not have turned an instant new leaf...

Cicada 2 ALSO made no sense. WHY did she have the image of her dead father in her head? never really explained. he was just there as a guest appearance to remind you he was there at all as 'the big bad'. The idea that Cicada 2 got the way she was, because she heard her father talk in the coma....interesting. but again, not really developed on. she was a one note character full of rage and hate and not much else.

Dibney and Frost turned out to be the most interesting things this season, IMHO. Cisco would also be turned into that mix, IF his 'I hate Vibe' subplot made ANY sense at all, and didn't turn out of left field. it was previously established last season that vibe powers are temporary anyway. in another 20 years, he wouldn't have to worry about them at all. This 'I hate Vibe' thing didn't make much narrative sense.

I personally think this Berlanti guy is stretching himself too thin. Flash is starting to suffer now, thanks to the other shows. but it's still enjoyable.

Old 10-11-2019, 12:01 AM   #1149
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Very disappointing season premiere. Seems like they just started season 6 with like your your basic run of the mill filler episode from any other season. With some added "I really miss Nora!" stuff. Worst season premiere to date, and all of them so far had been pretty refreshing.
Old 10-22-2019, 05:36 PM   #1150
Vegita-San
Emperor

Totally different take.

I thought it was a great first episode back.

Only things I didn't like?

- Joe is STILL an NPC this season, it looks like. I really missed his and barry's relationship last season. and if this is the last, don't want to miss it again.

- The Frost storyline seemed to come out of nowhere. almost like they don't know what to do with her.

Old 11-21-2019, 03:41 PM   #1151
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Good gravy this latest episode was awful. These have to be new writers, right? A whole episode about Barry and Ralph walking through a James Bond movie... and as corny as that sounds they manage to make it many times worse. And they can't think of one new thing for Joe's wife and Killer Frost to do so now they're reduced to helping people on dates? wtf happened to this show?

And now they're adding two new people to Team Flash? How about working on the 20 they already have?
Old 11-21-2019, 04:31 PM   #1152
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Quote:

And now they're adding two new people to Team Flash? How about working on the 20 they already have?
Haha, it's becoming as bad as "Team Arrow" around the 4th or 5th season.

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2019, 04:55 PM   #1153
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanwinters View Post
Haha, it's becoming as bad as "Team Arrow" around the 4th or 5th season.
Very quickly, and dramatically. I've never seen a show shed its quality so fast. It's not even an SJW thing, it's just a BAD writing thing.
Old 11-21-2019, 09:05 PM   #1154
Leo656
The Franchise

Jeez, that's a shame. I got through most of Season One and then I got busy, so that's as far as I know, but that was mostly really good. And even though I haven't kept up with it, I was happy to hear that it mostly maintained its reputation as "The GOOD CW super-hero show" (for whatever that's even worth).

I'm quite sure 90% of all their shows' problems boil down to, "It's on CW", and that's a shame. I know it's a WB thing, but these super-hero shows really NEED and deserve to be on a network that doesn't program predominantly towards teenage girls. Otherwise there's an automatic ceiling on how good they can ever possibly be.

Lots of my friends expect me to be all excited about the upcoming Superman show, and I'm like, "It's CW. WHY would I possibly be excited? Especially as a Superman fan.

Ah well.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2020, 12:58 PM   #1155
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Man, this is staying bad, isn't it?

Those hack writers. Rather than try and find new storylines or arcs for Caitlin, let's just make her Killer Frost 95% of the time? It's like replacing Laurel Lance with Earth-2 Laurel Lance when they got lazy.
Old 02-12-2020, 01:30 PM   #1156
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Re: "Love Is A Battlefield"

I fell off the bandwagon during that long break in that last Flashpoint/Crisis crossover, but I tuned in last night and was thinking:
"Dang, Iris, what's your deal? Your husband is supposedly destined to die but escapes death again while the whole multiverse collapses around you, and all you can think about is guilt-ing him as to why he doesn't respect your 'career' choice to put yourself in the thick of danger when your husband is arguably the most powerful metahuman around?"

Also...
"You made a contingency plan as to how your life would move on once your husband vanishes in Crisis and now having trouble adjusting to the fact he's still around?"

Also...
"You're mad at him for running off to an island to see if there is any way to revive Oliver Queen, the savior of life as we know it?"

But then...
Spoiler:
Ah, yes, Evil Clone reveal. Very Lois & Clark Season 3! And I don't really mean that as a compliment.

Quote:
Rather than try and find new storylines or arcs for Caitlin, let's just make her Killer Frost 95% of the time? It's like replacing Laurel Lance with Earth-2 Laurel Lance when they got lazy.
Sure seems like it.

View my sketch work!
Old 02-12-2020, 01:44 PM   #1157
Vegita-San
Emperor

iris and barry have the worst chemistry since I don't know when.

I never bought they where supposed to be in love other than because the script said so.

Old 02-12-2020, 01:46 PM   #1158
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
iris and barry have the worst chemistry since I don't know when.

I never bought they where supposed to be in love other than because the script said so.
It seemed unrealistic to me in the sense that Joe and Barry had a father-son bond and Iris clearly thought of Barry as her brother in the first season. Basically, 10-15 years living in the same house together and then Barry secretly has the hots for her.

View my sketch work!
Old 02-12-2020, 03:03 PM   #1159
Leo656
The Franchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanwinters View Post
But then...
Spoiler:
Ah, yes, Evil Clone reveal. Very Lois & Clark Season 3! And I don't really mean that as a compliment.
Oh, JESUS that was terrible. The writing was on the wall for that show for sure.

Season 1 of L&C was brilliant, Season 2 was Pretty good (and at times really, really good), Season 3 was shaky and Season 4 was pretty much the sh*ts with a few really good episodes sprinkled in.

That final episode was one of the worst final episodes I've ever seen in my LIFE. Good gravy.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2020, 09:33 PM   #1160
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post

Season 1 of L&C was brilliant, Season 2 was Pretty good (and at times really, really good), Season 3 was shaky and Season 4 was pretty much the sh*ts with a few really good episodes sprinkled in.

That final episode was one of the worst final episodes I've ever seen in my LIFE. Good gravy.
I think the show suffered by removing John Shea (Luthor) and Tony Jay (Nigel the man-servant) as cast regulars. It's really night and day comparing episodes with them to episodes without them.

To be fair about the finale, the showrunners were banking on one more season to explore those plot threads, but oh well...

View my sketch work!

Tags
flash, run barry run!