The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 09-16-2020, 02:38 PM   #161
AquaParade
Banned

Black Widow sounds good to me. If they execute adult subject matter like that well, I'll be more excited for the future of the MCU.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2020, 11:36 AM   #163
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
Sigh. There it goes...
Old 09-23-2020, 11:59 AM   #164
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Is Rum and Coke made with Coke Zero any good? I need to drown my sorrows but I don't like mostly high alcoholic drinks and I try to avoid sugar, so I normally drink lots of Coke Zero.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2020, 12:16 PM   #165
CyberCubed
Overlord

I don't know why they don't just dump this online, most people aren't exactly hyped for Black Widow in mid-2021.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2020, 12:19 PM   #166
Sumac
Banned

At this rate this movie would become Black Rusty Spider.
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2020, 12:26 PM   #167
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
Is Rum and Coke made with Coke Zero any good? I need to drown my sorrows but I don't like mostly high alcoholic drinks and I try to avoid sugar, so I normally drink lots of Coke Zero.
Do they sell Scheps where you are? You can mix that.
ZariusTwo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2020, 12:43 PM   #168
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
I don't know why they don't just dump this online, most people aren't exactly hyped for Black Widow in mid-2021.
I'd willing to bet the thinking is this:

If they (Marvel) string people along with reschedules, they have a better chance of keeping overall audience interest. And by the time Black Widow and the Eternals come out, the rest of the movies keep going at normal production schedule.

But if they dump everything online now, instead of waiting for movies to come out in theaters, we the audience are left waiting for them to even work on movies. And maybe overall audience interest in the MCU wanes more significantly.

Or maybe it's as simple as they want theater money, not streaming money.
Old 09-23-2020, 12:58 PM   #169
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Absolutely ridiculous. A real punch in the face to theaters. If "May 2021" is when theaters are supposed to be expected to fully reopen then they won't exist to reopen. There's no way they can stay closed for more than a year without assistance or anything else.

This is more "waiting for the vaccine!" nonsense that should never have been banked on.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2020, 01:11 PM   #170
Leo656
The Franchise

I agree. I don't care about this movie but the situation is pretty ridiculous.

Regarding theaters and stuff staying closed until May, I figure they reason (as do I) that with all the stuff going on, the second everyone starts coughing for the usual Seasonal reasons everyone will go full-blown Panic and assume they're dying. Temperatures stabilize and people stop coughing in mid-late Spring. I've been saying since June that we can expect no relief from this situation until Spring 2021 at the earliest because cold/flu season is gonna throw everybody for a loop even if people are only getting "regular" sick. Thus, lots of businesses are going to opt for a "better safe than sorry" approach and just try and wait it out until Spring. Expect lots of things that have since cautiously re-opened to once again shut down again in late-Fall, as well, possibly for good this time. It's unavoidable.

I agree, it's all too much. And it's obvious that Disney spent way too much on the project to take such a major bath as releasing it to streaming "for free" would be. But at some point they may no longer have any choice; it's sounding more and more like there really won't be any theaters to come back to if the Powers-That-Be keep this up.

Let's hope once the election is over with things will start moving in the right direction, finally. If it weren't an election year you can bet this entire ordeal would have played out much, much differently.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2020, 01:24 PM   #171
LeotheLateBloomer
Foot Elite

Quote:
Oh wow, I didn't think it'd be pushed back that far. I expected another delay but damn.
LeotheLateBloomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2020, 01:31 PM   #172
AquaParade
Banned

It's frustrating and it's hard to see. I'm not mad at them, it's a difficult situation.

On the bright side, I'm glad the MCU movies in production are getting extra coats of paint. They have never had time on their side like this before.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2020, 01:42 PM   #173
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Also hope it gives them time to re-think their weird 'metoo/timesup' gimmick and just market it as an awesome movie with ScarJo kicking ass. It doesn't need to be an 'important' movie. You had that with Captain Marvel, let Black Widow have her movie without the wokeness.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2020, 02:10 PM   #174
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
Let's hope once the election is over with things will start moving in the right direction, finally. If it weren't an election year you can bet this entire ordeal would have played out much, much differently.
That's for damn sure.
Old 09-23-2020, 02:34 PM   #175
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
I agree, it's all too much. And it's obvious that Disney spent way too much on the project to take such a major bath as releasing it to streaming "for free" would be. But at some point they may no longer have any choice; it's sounding more and more like there really won't be any theaters to come back to if the Powers-That-Be keep this up.
There really can't be. Can you imagine owning a theater and being forced to sit there with it closed for over a year? I mean, you can open it but it's just... Tenet and old movies. That's not survivable.

Will everyone go to the theaters like before? No, a lot of people are fearful, but that's fine. Will movies make the same money in theaters as before? No, probably not for a while. But the people wanting to go to them should be given movies to watch. After a theatrical run they can do whatever they want, streaming/on demand/etc..
Old 09-23-2020, 03:57 PM   #176
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
There really can't be. Can you imagine owning a theater and being forced to sit there with it closed for over a year? I mean, you can open it but it's just... Tenet and old movies. That's not survivable.

Will everyone go to the theaters like before? No, a lot of people are fearful, but that's fine. Will movies make the same money in theaters as before? No, probably not for a while. But the people wanting to go to them should be given movies to watch. After a theatrical run they can do whatever they want, streaming/on demand/etc..
I'm literally dying to go back to the movie theater once this is all over. I think whatever movie will be the first to be shown once everyone feels safe enough to go to the theater will make bank just by virtue.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Old 09-23-2020, 04:26 PM   #177
Leo656
The Franchise

I kinda feel like WB is trying to get Wonder Woman 1984 into that spot in order to cover for the story being complete ass.

Like, it'll have a really dumb plot, BUT Gal is charming, the movie will be visually stunning, and it'll be the first "real" movie in theaters in ages, so by default it'll be a huge winner for them. Like it really sounds awful from every respect EXCEPT visuals - the one trailer is enough to tell you that they're pretty much expecting the visuals to carry the whole thing - but if there's absolutely no competition AND people get a chance to stretch their legs after being cooped up all year, nobody will care that the story is terrible and they'll all rave about it. Kinda feel strongly like that's what they're doing with that project, thus why they keep only pushing it back "a little while" in hope that they can jump the gun on This Movie and every other "blockbuster" that was supposed to come out by now.

Like, last I heard they wanted WW'84 out for Christmas, but given the news on Black Widow and everything else lately getting pushed back to next year, seems like wishful thinking at best. I do think WW'84 will come out first though, somehow; it's been "done" for an entire year and they originally just wanted to polish the CGI before all this nonsense happened. So even if it doesn't come out by Christmas I think that will end up being the first "must-see" movie that will be positioned as a way to try and entice people back to theaters.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2020, 08:48 PM   #178
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
I kinda feel like WB is trying to get Wonder Woman 1984 into that spot in order to cover for the story being complete ass.

Like, it'll have a really dumb plot, BUT Gal is charming, the movie will be visually stunning, and it'll be the first "real" movie in theaters in ages, so by default it'll be a huge winner for them. Like it really sounds awful from every respect EXCEPT visuals - the one trailer is enough to tell you that they're pretty much expecting the visuals to carry the whole thing - but if there's absolutely no competition AND people get a chance to stretch their legs after being cooped up all year, nobody will care that the story is terrible and they'll all rave about it. Kinda feel strongly like that's what they're doing with that project, thus why they keep only pushing it back "a little while" in hope that they can jump the gun on This Movie and every other "blockbuster" that was supposed to come out by now.

Like, last I heard they wanted WW'84 out for Christmas, but given the news on Black Widow and everything else lately getting pushed back to next year, seems like wishful thinking at best. I do think WW'84 will come out first though, somehow; it's been "done" for an entire year and they originally just wanted to polish the CGI before all this nonsense happened. So even if it doesn't come out by Christmas I think that will end up being the first "must-see" movie that will be positioned as a way to try and entice people back to theaters.
I'm all for it just for the fight scenes with Cheetah alone. It's about time one of her most iconic villains makes a mainstream appearance. It would be like seeing Superman FINALLY fight Metallo or Braniac on the big screen.

Old 09-23-2020, 09:36 PM   #179
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

You already know how it's going to shakeout. WW becomes friends with Cheetah lady, Cheetah lady feels betrayed by WW in some way so fights her... then at the end they team up to tag-team fight Max Lord, who was "using" both of them. Max Lord dies spectacularly, as if burning an effigy of Trump.
Old 09-23-2020, 09:43 PM   #180
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
I'm all for it just for the fight scenes with Cheetah alone. It's about time one of her most iconic villains makes a mainstream appearance. It would be like seeing Superman FINALLY fight Metallo or Braniac on the big screen.
$hit, man, we do really need to see that.

Quote:

Yeah, I tend to agree. Visuals carry a lot of movies... just ask Michael Bay, the fvcker.

But Gal is a great Wonder Woman; she'll carry a lesser sequel, and it'll win all the praise and adoration. $hit, even a grumpy ass like me will mostly enjoy it.

Tags
black cuckow, sjw is the new 30