The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Current Events

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 11-12-2017, 04:43 PM   #141
Spike Spiegel
See You Next Mission

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryomancer View Post
Mirage [is]...a comic about life and how life and the people closest to you just absolutely suck sometimes. It's "adult" in a very real sense, in that it deals with heavy themes that resonate more with adults, not that it's full of blood and titties or whatever.
Quote:
Originally Posted by d_osborn View Post
[TMNT 1990 director Steve] Barron recognized the early Mirage issues as perfect storyboards. It's a shame no other filmmaker has.
Old 11-12-2017, 04:54 PM   #142
dl316bh
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by plastroncafe View Post
I can't comment on the rest of this, but I think he's right about that X-Men line. It's the stereotypical Whedon quip that she recited with some very un-necessary gravitas.

But then, I'm already predisposed to not like her Storm, so there is that.
Honestly, I always thought it was a terrible line and wouldn't have been great with anyone. Not one of his better quips.
Old 11-12-2017, 05:03 PM   #143
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine

Quote:
Originally Posted by dl316bh View Post
Honestly, I always thought it was a terrible line and wouldn't have been great with anyone. Not one of his better quips.
I agree it's not one of his best, but I can see Spader's Ultron getting more out of the line than Storm.
Especially if the lightning attack came before the quip.
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
There's no sense catering just to one demographic which is idiotic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
Old 11-12-2017, 09:17 PM   #144
sdp
Megan Fox = April

The only thing I've ever liked from Whedon has been Firefly.
Old 11-12-2017, 09:28 PM   #145
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

I never really had a problem with the toad line. At the time I remember it being kind of a funny thing among myself and my friends at the time.
Old 11-12-2017, 10:55 PM   #146
Sumac
Banned

Quote:
He said the script was intact, ending aside, the problem was everything else.
Thanks for clearing that up. Didn't know that.

I personally do not hate Alien: Resurrection. Yeah, it's extremely different from other Alien movies, but entertaining in its own right. Besides, I dunno, if I would like another attempt to recreate Alien 1.

As for the Storm line about Toad - I've heard it was punch line for the Toad joke that he was doing throughout the movie, which was cut. Which is why this line comes out of nowhere.
Old 11-13-2017, 12:38 AM   #147
dl316bh
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumac View Post
Thanks for clearing that up. Didn't know that.
No problem. I love the Alien franchise and I always found the story behind the last two films interesting in how they fell apart, so I pay attention to stuff that comes up about them. Especially 3. Man that was a saga. Went through so many premises, scripts, writers and directors it's amazing the film held up as well as it does. They actually had William Gibson write a treatment early on.

Quote:
I personally do not hate Alien: Resurrection. Yeah, it's extremely different from other Alien movies, but entertaining in its own right. Besides, I dunno, if I would like another attempt to recreate Alien 1.
I actually don't hate it either. I just think the plot was very ill conceived and the script wasn't the greatest. It was competent in design and, despite what Whedon says, that film had some decent actors surrounding Sigourney, who herself put more effort into her acting than it probably deserved.

It's more that Joss kind of annoys me for admitting it was his script, mostly intact, yet claiming it's entirely not his fault and blaming everyone else. He's made a bunch of critical darlings past that point. No one's going to think less of his ability if he admit he screwed up or it wasn't his best. Everybody has off days/projects. It won't hurt to share the blame, especially considering most people don't even remember that movie. Instead he throws everyone else under the bus and it's one of those things that made me think a bit less of him.

Quote:
As for the Storm line about Toad - I've heard it was punch line for the Toad joke that he was doing throughout the movie, which was cut. Which is why this line comes out of nowhere.
Huh. I'm not sure context would have helped it, but it sure wouldn't have hurt. If the thing it played off ended up on the cutting room floor, it probably should have as well.
Old 11-13-2017, 01:05 AM   #148
Sumac
Banned

Quote:
No problem. I love the Alien franchise and I always found the story behind the last two films interesting in how they fell apart, so I pay attention to stuff that comes up about them. Especially 3. Man that was a saga. Went through so many premises, scripts, writers and directors it's amazing the film held up as well as it does. They actually had William Gibson write a treatment early on.
Two sequels to Aliens set on the space station or wooden monk planet...dreams, dreams.

The case, when story behind movies possible is more interesting than the final product itself.
Old 11-13-2017, 01:09 AM   #149
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

There really wasn't any version of Alien 3 at the script level that was any good. Wasn't Gibson's treatment the one where humans peel their own skin and the Alien is already fully grown under the surface? Spores, from Bishop's remains? Terrible stuff.
Old 11-13-2017, 01:18 AM   #150
CyberCubed
Overlord

Both the Alien and Terminator franchises got progressively worse after the second movie. It's actually kind of funny how much both movie franchises mirror each other in their descent into bad movie sequels.
Old 11-13-2017, 01:24 AM   #151
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Both the Alien and Terminator franchises got progressively worse after the second movie. It's actually kind of funny how much both movie franchises mirror each other in their descent into bad movie sequels.
Terminator is way more laughable. If the next one fails, we will have a trilogy of failed trilogy starters. I don't even know 1 Terminator fan that's ever said, "Man, after 3 I am really ready for a new Terminator trilogy." Everyone pretty much has wanted (if they want one at all) one more great self-contained movie that ties it all up.
Old 11-13-2017, 01:33 AM   #152
dl316bh
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
There really wasn't any version of Alien 3 at the script level that was any good. Wasn't Gibson's treatment the one where humans peel their own skin and the Alien is already fully grown under the surface? Spores, from Bishop's remains? Terrible stuff.
I think so? I think Gibsons was the one where Hicks and Bishop had to hold the line on a space station and would have ended on Ripley showing up to lead into a fourth film. That might have been the one with the spores. I'm not sure. I don't think the skin peeling bit was from his.

That film had so many different scripts and iterations throughout development it's hard to keep track of what was in which, especially since it's been years since I seriously read into all that.

Quote:
The case, when story behind movies possible is more interesting than the final product itself.
Yup. Though in Alien 3's defense, I find the directors cut to be a far better film and actually kind of decent. It's still trying way, way too hard to be a repeat of Alien - something James Cameron knew enough to avoid with Aliens - and I still don't care for several decisions with the film or what it does, but I appreciate it more, especially considering what a nightmare the production was. It's sometimes impressive to me that a film actually came out of that at all.

Quote:
Terminator is way more laughable.
They somehow managed to completely blow a future war set movie. I think that alone puts Terminator way out in front.
Old 11-13-2017, 06:34 AM   #153
Sumac
Banned

Quote:
Yup. Though in Alien 3's defense, I find the directors cut to be a far better film and actually kind of decent. It's still trying way, way too hard to be a repeat of Alien - something James Cameron knew enough to avoid with Aliens
I've heard there was a rumor that stark difference in approach for the material, between Alien and Aliens, was because Cameron slapped Xenomorphs and Ripley onto his own unrelated script.

Quote:
They somehow managed to completely blow a future war set movie. I think that alone puts Terminator way out in front.
At least Alien more or less preserved normal timeline (aside from AVP movies and "Prometheuses"). Terminator indeed is laughable series nowadays.

Still will go to the next movie!!
Old 11-13-2017, 09:19 AM   #154
ZariusTwo
Overlord

CBR's Superman forums are locking every thread discussing the Berganza situation, where as it took Newsarama two days to report on it. When Bleeding Cool out-scoops you, you know things are akward

Louis has been dropped from "Secret Life of Pets 2"

http://www.digitalspy.com/movies/new...ets-2-dropped/
Old 11-14-2017, 06:54 PM   #155
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy

In other Arrowverse related news, Marc Guggenheim is also called out as a scumbag via a former assistant: https://twitter.com/offtothegraces/s...28958355849216

Old 11-15-2017, 11:52 AM   #156
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleTitan97 View Post
In other Arrowverse related news, Marc Guggenheim is also called out as a scumbag via a former assistant: https://twitter.com/offtothegraces/s...28958355849216
Guggenhiem is generally regarded as a douche by a lot of people, did'nt need the Perv Patrol to point that out
Old 11-15-2017, 08:45 PM   #157
XERO
Hybrid Theorist

So he took "The Flash" as more of an innuendo.

"Travel at the speed of light... then hit the nitro!"
Old 11-16-2017, 01:42 PM   #158
CyberCubed
Overlord

Sylvester Stallone accussed of sexually assaulting and raping teen back in 1986

http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2017/...llone-accused/

Quote:
A then-16-year-old girl accused actor Sylvester Stallone and his bodyguard of sexually assaulting her in a Las Vegas hotel room in the mid-1980s, according to a police report obtained by the Daily Mail Thursday.

The alleged incident occurred in July of 1986 while the victim was staying at the Las Vegas Hilton with family friends. The victim said she met Stallone, then age 40, while he was filming the movie “Over The Top” at the same hotel, according to the Daily Mail.

The girl claims that Stallone’s bodyguard, Michael De Luca, gave her the keys to Stallone’s hotel suite on the 27th floor and invited her up. She agreed and later went up to the suite, where she says she met Stallone and De Luca.

According to a Las Vegas police report, Stallone took her into a bedroom, where they had sex, while De Luca waited in the bathroom. Stallone then asked the victim if she had ever had a threesome, the report states. De Luca then entered the bedroom and the victim was forced into giving both men oral sex, the report reads. De Luca also had vaginal sex with her, the victim told police.

Following the alleged sexual assault, the victim said Stallone threatened her to keep quiet about the incident. He told her that if she said anything, they would have to “beat her head in,” the Daily Mail reports.

The girl eventually declined to press charges and signed a no-prosecution form. According to the report, she told police, “I’m humiliated and ashamed, but I don’t want to prosecute.”

In September of 2013, De Luca was shot and killed by police in the Ventura County town of Port Hueneme during a confrontation in which he told officers he was armed, although no weapon was later found.

Stallone did not immediately issue a statement on the matter.

Rocky, you're going to jail!
Old 11-16-2017, 02:19 PM   #159
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Lock him up! Lock them all up!
Old 11-16-2017, 02:33 PM   #160
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

He's flat out denying it:

http://www.justjared.com/2017/11/16/...lt-allegation/
Closed Thread