The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Books, Comics, and Other Literature

Notices

Old 01-08-2013, 07:46 AM   #41
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
Superior Spider-Man leaked.

Spoiler:
Peter isnt dead, he's tucked away somewhere in Ock's mind acting as his conscience
Spoiler:
So its a Firestorm set up only both are intellectuals but the consciousness is good and the body control is corrupt.This is weird even for Spideer-man!
Old 01-08-2013, 02:39 PM   #42
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Apparently Ock is going to get Peter fired from The Avengers in a storyline in April.

Thank god. Spidey being an avenger did nothing for the character or the book and took away from his relatability as an everyman.

Whilst I welcome this, it sadly does seem to indicate the Avengers are going to be made out to look like morons for not being able to sense when something is up with Spidey, who many of them (particulary Cap based off Maximum Carnage and Spider-Island) know him to be a well-rounded, well-meaning guy despite his flaws...but then, this is likely the same mentality that's going to make MJ, Aunt May and everyone else who knows Peter on a personal and intimate level look like morons as well. That's about the only drawback about this development: Everyone HAS to be an idiot to make it remotely work.

Spoiler:
And Ock staring at MJ's tits in Issue One of Superior turned me off this story for good. Ock may be a meglomaniac, but he isnt a f*cking pervert.

Last edited by ZariusTwo; 01-09-2013 at 04:24 PM.
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 09:05 PM   #43
CyberCubed
Overlord

So after this arc ends are they going to keep the "Superior" Spiderman title or go back to the old one, and release issue #701 for example?
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 09:17 PM   #44
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
So after this arc ends are they going to keep the "Superior" Spiderman title or go back to the old one, and release issue #701 for example?
Its truely a guessing game at this point early on in the storyline,Cubed. I theorize it will play out in 12 months. I may be right or may be wrong. I point out that we all knew Johnny Storm would come back and he did in 12 months. FF was released in place of Fantsitic Four#689-#699. Johnny having apparently died one issue before the "relaunch". The FF title was advertised as an ongoing but was a 12 issue maxi that took the place of Fantsic Four as a title. It could be a similar format or not.

This reminds me a bit of the Final Crisis bit with Batman. Tommy Elliot posed as Bruce Wayne during the time Batman was thought dead in the super hero community. Otto is posing as Peter AND Spider-Man while the world thinks Otto is dead as dead can be when he is not. Maybe its a stretch but I thought it worth compare and contrast.
Old 02-21-2013, 08:45 PM   #45
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Jester and Gobo anyone?
http://www.comicvine.com/news/first-...-man-6/146091/

Its seems the Masacre plot will take two issues. Where does The Green Goblin fit in if he is not in #5 or #6 yet was teased at the end of #4?
Old 02-22-2013, 08:25 AM   #46
ZariusTwo
Overlord

What was the point of bringing back Ashely Kafka just to kill her off? She played a pretty big role under the JMD days (y'know, back when people who actually CARED worked on Spider-Man), and could easily have contributed something again
Old 03-11-2013, 06:26 PM   #47
Venom
Space Knight

I've been casually following Superior since it started, and I like Otto cavorting around as Peter!

Although Wacker's said the plan is to keep Dr. Spider-man around, everyone knows at some point Peter will regain control of his body and somehow Otto will transfer back into his (who knows, maybe the Jackal regrows his body), but for now I'm enjoying the ride.

It's different.

I liked how Otto was exasperated when he learned Peter was not a doctor! I also enjoy how he has to hold back and repress his villainous tendencies; thought the bit in this last Avenging Spider-man where he recognizes the kid will become a villain, when he leans in and apparently scares the kid straight was a neat moment.

Another interesting facet that may or may not be visited is Otto deduces Flash is Venom. In the latest Venom, Flash has relocated to Philly and mentions something like "even Parker's stopped returning my calls", which is a subtle connection to the two.

For now, Superior is how I've wanted Spidey to be for years, even down to the black/red costume. It's nice to see "Parker" gain some confidence and using his intellect.
Old 03-14-2013, 04:34 AM   #48
ZariusTwo
Overlord

I frankly enjoy Yost's take on Ock as Spidey in Avenging Spider-Man more than Slott's output. Slott has been a garbage writer where this character is concerned and he's made everyone on Peter's side look prepostrously stupid, it's killed the effectiveness of the gimmick storyline for me, and Ock is grossly out-of-character too.

Like I've said on other forums, read a Spidey book from the 80s or 90s and read one now and the older stuff just pisses all over the current product, even the Clone Saga stories are better than Superior.

I don't get why anyone thinks Superior is "good", it's not "different", it's the same old regurgitated "I am the Spider" badass nonsense from the 90s only with someone else taking the bad publicity instead of Peter. Nothing new at all.

All it's doing right now is distracting everyone from a real issue Marvel are facing: The fact even THEY are bored telling Peter Parker stories. When Peter takes over again, something REALLY different needs to be done with the character, and not repeat the same old "Parker Luck" beats time and again.

I suppose I'm just looking forward to the day someone from my neck of the woods takes over Marvel and brings not just the marraige back, but the kid Peter and MJ lost too. THAT is what I would definatly call "different"

Really, the superior product for the last few years has been the newspaper strip. It's old-school, it's hoakey but a lot of fun, Peter's still married there, and you don't need ludicrous elongated gimmick storylines to sustain anyone's interest. It's REAL Spider-Man.

Last edited by ZariusTwo; 03-14-2013 at 04:58 AM.
Old 06-05-2013, 01:40 PM   #49
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

I thought I would give it a ashot and ask this over in a Marvel related thread and I thought someone here would know about the two Spider-Man books I am interested in...

I just saw this cover and I had to ask,what is this about?
http://www.dcindexes.com/features/datab ... c&id=46959

Also, I am a fan of Seth Meyers and was wondering if this was any good? I only just learned of it.
http://marvel.wikia.com/Spider-Man:_Sho ... en_Vol_1_1
Old 06-08-2013, 02:56 PM   #50
Ninjinister
無問題

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
I thought I would give it a ashot and ask this over in a Marvel related thread and I thought someone here would know about the two Spider-Man books I am interested in...

I just saw this cover and I had to ask,what is this about?
http://www.dcindexes.com/features/datab ... c&id=46959

Also, I am a fan of Seth Meyers and was wondering if this was any good? I only just learned of it.
http://marvel.wikia.com/Spider-Man:_Sho ... en_Vol_1_1
Links are broken, dawg.
Old 06-08-2013, 03:32 PM   #51
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjinister View Post
Links are broken, dawg.
No big deal. I got the info I needed on another site. I picked them up yesterday at the Heroes Con.

I was inquiring about Spider-Man:The Short Halloween and Spectacular Spider-Man#112.

Tags
spider-man