The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 12-05-2013, 10:27 AM   #1
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Trailer

Sony Pictures has officially released the first trailer for The Amazing Spider-Man 2. So far, Judging from the trailer, Its packed with villains, Electro, Rhino and the Green Goblin.

Old 12-05-2013, 10:41 AM   #2
MrTMNT2012
Mad Scientist

Was just about to make this thread, but yeah the movie looks Amazing!

I'm seriously getting tired of everyone saying "Wow, didn't they learn their lesson with Spider-Man 3? Too many villains, this is terrible!" - clearly they're oblivious to the main problems of Spider-Man 3 and haven't seen any film since.

If they weren't living under a rock, they'd know that films can have as many characters and still be good if enough focus is given to them I.e. The Avengers. They need to understand that this is a new Spider-Man for the new generation and it looks like they're doing a damn fine job of making it awesome for them. (Basically it's the same situation as the Nick TMNT Show when it was first announced!)

Can't wait! (Now can we PLEASE get the Official Godzilla Trailer?)

Fav Quote - 87 Leo: "TURTLES FIGHT WITH HONOUR!"
Fav Series - 2012 Nickelodeon
Fav Game - Out of the Shadows
Fav Comic - IDW Series
Fav Movie - Liebesman's TMNT (2014)
MrTMNT2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 10:41 AM   #3
Whatswiththeheadbands?
The Weed of Crime

Looks good. I just hope that the villains don't all play a main part, or we might have a repeat of Spider-man 3.

The new suit looks good. More comic book based.
Old 12-05-2013, 11:00 AM   #4
NinjaPug
Foot Elite

I like the scene with Doc Ock tentacles and Vulture wings.
NinjaPug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 11:22 AM   #5
Allio
Foot Elite

needs more Great Leopardon
Old 12-05-2013, 11:42 AM   #6
Blossombrooks
Stone Warrior

I'm beyond excited for this! I love Andrew Garfield as Spidey and I really enjoyed what they did with the first one. It's never going to be a carbon copy of the comics but the last one was an awful lot closer than the ones starring 'he who shall not be spoken of' those don't exist as far as I'm concerned, lol.
Old 12-05-2013, 01:30 PM   #7
chrisdude
Foot Elite

It looks amazing. I love when Spider-Man is outclassed. I think that's part of who he is. And the scale is so huge for Spider-Man. He'll have the whole city to save, at least, cause Electro is dreaming big.

It's a little disappointing that Rhino is just a dude in a mech, but he's not a character I care much about.

My only bother is the idea of Oscorp being the root of Spider-Man and, presumably, every villain. Just seems like a bit much. But it also sounds more like their twist on the story than a creative cop-out, so I'm open to it.
Old 12-05-2013, 03:54 PM   #8
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTMNT2012 View Post
If they weren't living under a rock, they'd know that films can have as many characters and still be good if enough focus is given to them I.e. The Avengers.
BUT....with Avengers we had 4 individual movies to introduce those characters....the universe was built for an Avengers type movie.

Not sure how they're gonna do all these villains, but I'm not gonna be all doom and gloom either.

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 04:31 PM   #9
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Meh, didnt like the last one, Garfield and Stone have no chemistry, the dialouge is again awful, add to the fact Spidey movies don't tend to age particulary well and you've got something that'll make Sony a lot of money at the end of the day and delight the kids and the easily pleased kidults, but won't offer anything of substance to fans looking for a bit more than a toy parade and look less for an idealized romantic sub-plot

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisdude View Post
My only bother is the idea of Oscorp being the root of Spider-Man and, presumably, every villain. Just seems like a bit much. But it also sounds more like their twist on the story than a creative cop-out, so I'm open to it.
You're perfectly aware the whole "Oscorp is behind every villain" thing is borrowed wholesale from the last two Spider-Man animated series right?
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 12:08 PM   #10
ObiWanFan4life
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
Meh, didnt like the last one, Garfield and Stone have no chemistry, the dialouge is again awful, add to the fact Spidey movies don't tend to age particulary well and you've got something that'll make Sony a lot of money at the end of the day and delight the kids and the easily pleased kidults, but won't offer anything of substance to fans looking for a bit more than a toy parade and look less for an idealized romantic sub-plot

You're perfectly aware the whole "Oscorp is behind every villain" thing is borrowed wholesale from the last two Spider-Man animated series right?
Man, do you like ANYTHING current? Personally, I thought it was unnecessary, and that the first two movies told the story better, but TASM wasn't completely disappointing.

Last edited by ObiWanFan4life; 12-06-2013 at 12:41 PM.
ObiWanFan4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 01:26 PM   #11
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

I can't even remember TASM. It was a bore, and unneeded/wanted.
Andrew NDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 10:23 PM   #12
chrisdude
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
Peter and Gwen's chemistry was the highlight of the film. It's praised in the reviews. That's like saying The Dark Knight was campy, or Man of Steel didn't have enough action. It is the actual last thing I would expect anyone to say.

Quote:
Can't say that I am. I watched The New Adventures of Spider-Man, but not Spectacular or Ultimate.
Old 12-07-2013, 10:18 PM   #13
KROW
Meat-n-Potatoes Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTMNT2012 View Post
I'm seriously getting tired of everyone saying "Wow, didn't they learn their lesson with Spider-Man 3? Too many villains, this is terrible!" - clearly they're oblivious to the main problems of Spider-Man 3 and haven't seen any film since.
The fans ruined Spider-Man 3. "VENOM! VENOM! VENOM!" clamor the fans to Raimi. "I can't; he's not ready yet. There's too much on my plate as it is," he replies. "VENOM! VENOM! VENOM, dammit!" "Okay, you got Venom. It's kinda last minute, but I squeezed him in there for you guys," says Raimi. "SUCKS! SUCKS! SUCKS!" shout the fans. Serves you idiots right.

As for this thing, I dunno. Looks pretty and all but... Mecha-Rhino? Eh... I really wasn't expecting a dude in a leather suit but... ugh.

- Optimus Acid Trip - Cult of a Half-Shell - Raiden's Bitter Tongue -
I don't try to be funny; I fail at it naturally.
KROW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 10:51 AM   #14
Redeemer
Technodrome Technician

^Yeah your right about that Venom was a let down. I hope that if or when they bring venom in they will do him right and just.

I personally really liked this last movie (Amazing Spider-man) more than any movie in the Sam Rami trilogy. My only complaint is a little too much love drama, but I can live exspecially with how much Rami had in Spider-man 2.

Cant wait to see this movie, I hope its awesome.

2,500 post!
Redeemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 06:32 AM   #15
Leo656
The Franchise

I dig it. I liked ASM, honestly I think I liked it better than 2 or 3 and about as much as the first one. I like Garfield better in the role and the emphasis on more practical effects wherever possible as far as web-slinging and things like that, over the sore-thumb CGI of Raimi's movies whenever Spidey would... well... anything. They're great, fun movies but they look so fake, now. It's so jarring how easy it is to tell when they swap out the human Spidey for the CGI one. And I don't miss the Power Rangers Green Goblin, much.

I still like to go back to the first two, and I prefer the original film's take on the origin, but I found myself more into ASM. Sometimes I think 3 left a taste in my mouth bad enough that it retroactively spoiled 1 and 2 for me, or maybe it was just Kirsten Dunst becoming more unlikable by the minute throughout 2 and 3 that did it (no joke: at the theater I saw 3 at, a lot of people laughed when she got slapped by Peter I doubt that's what they were going for).

Either way, I'm down for this.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 08:25 AM   #16
Plasticplayhouse
the gray ghost

wow, that was a really cool trailer. the movie looks pretty good. i'm excited to see it! however, i'm not sold on the villain redesigns. the mech rhino is a little iffy, but i'm willing to give it a chance...could be cool, electro...meh, and gobby...the glimpse i got of him made me think of Syndrome from the incredibles.
Old 12-13-2013, 05:15 PM   #17
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

They just released an International trailer that shows more footage, This one is a lot better then the US trailer.

Old 12-13-2013, 05:34 PM   #18
NinjaPug
Foot Elite

Just read that Sony is developing a Venom movie and a Sinister Six movie. Not sure how those will work without Spider-Man in them.
NinjaPug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 06:48 PM   #19
chrisdude
Foot Elite

I do like the new trailer better.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaPug View Post
Just read that Sony is developing a Venom movie and a Sinister Six movie. Not sure how those will work without Spider-Man in them.
Hopefully, that means we'll get a whole movie about Spider-Man's enemies finding common ground and teaming up. Maybe we could see things from their perspective, sympathize with them. Then they could throw down in an Amazing Spider-Man movie, as the climax of the entire franchise!

I kind of feel like an Eddie Brock Venom needs to develop alongside Peter Parker... Maybe Peter will ditch the suit a the end of a movie, then do a whole movie about Brock, then have him face off with Spider-Man in an ASM movie.

Who knows? Maybe Peter/Spider-Man will be in those movies, in some capacity. After what Marvel did with The Avengers series, what DC is doing with Superman vs Batman: Featuring Wonder Woman, we can't really rule out anything, in terms of how they may structure a series...
Old 01-13-2014, 12:55 PM   #20
Rikirk
Foot Soldier

I enjoyed the Raimi movies, hey...it was Spiderman brought to the big screen...

But I do like the reboot sooo much better, Garfield has the snarky spiderman attitude and acts rings around Mcguire. And thank god we no longer have that screamy MJ....whatever her face is.

Im pleased how its panning out.

"Yes, yes I admit I tuned you out but in my defense its because I already figured out that youre stupid.'---Dr Rodney McKay - Stargate: Atlantis
Rikirk is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
spider-man