The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > 4Kids TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Old 02-27-2009, 08:27 PM   #1
Machias Banshee
Super Moderator

Official Series Finale Discussion: "Wedding Bells and Bytes"

Six years ago, countless fans - both newcomers and fans of old - gathered around their TVs to watch a standoff taking place in a dark alley nestled somewhere in Manhattan. Little did we know the places we could go to: Other dimensions, galaxies millions of light years away, secretive dojos, as far as Japan and as remote as a rundown old farmhouse in New England.

Five pets, through no actions of their own, became a family - and in a way, we were invited to be part of theirs. The highs and the lows, we watched four brothers and a father grow, survive and thrive. Four brothers that we could all relate to, in one way or another.

All of these events culminate into this week's episode, the finale of the series and the final big Bang. A vital step in the plotline of the Mirage Comics, we now get to witness the marriage of Casey Jones and April O'Neil. And the mailing list is going to be undoubtedly one-of-a-kind.

We Also will finally be having the return of Master Splinter. After countless hours of searching, Donatello's work finally pays off, and the boys will finally be reunited with their father after him being gone for the past twelve episodes. What a better chance to get together and celebrate family than a wedding?

If only badly done ties, collapsing cakes and overplayed party songs were the worst things that could happen...

It is simply truth that no wedding can happen on a TV show without SOME sort of disaster taking place. Then again, not all weddings have to worry about legions of ninja coming to the party. Maybe if they'd had a cash bar at the reception?

AS we come to the close of our beloved turtles, I leave you with these questions:

WILL SHREDDER MANAGE TO TURN THIS DAY OF BLISS INTO A DAY OF TRAGEDY?!
WILL APRIL AND CASEY SURVIVE TO TIE THE KNOT?! AND WHERE'S THE HONEYMOON GONNNA BE?!?!

...and my personal favorite:

HOW LONG WILL IT TAKE UNTIL SOMEONE SPIKES THE PUNCH?!

And even though Peter Laird loses just a LIL more hair off the top whenever I say it (Look at that GLEAM!!!)

STAY TUNED!!!

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

As my final note on what has been a fantastic six years, I just want to say a sincere thank you to all whom have come through my simple threads since the very first season.

Reading thousands of different opinions and theories about the episodes has been SO much fun... even when we had the great debates of "Don and April Love" and "Dark Leo".

I'll always be grateful of the new acquaintances and friends I've made because of these threads, ranging from friends like Sage, Jester and Gobo (( <3 )), learning how to overanalyze with Cipher and Fledermaus (( <3 )), getting into debates with Jo, Ryona and BL (( <3 )), and even sharing e-mails with Lloyd Goldfine and introducing myself to Peter Laird.

Usually I would lock and sticky this thread until the episode aired, but I've decided to leave it open so people can post their thoughts and feelings on this final episode of the turtles, so we can leave things on a Positive note. With all the 'doom and gloom' we've had lately, I'd like this thread to be more of a 'remembering when' type deal. So, feel free to post before the airing... Let's just try to keep things light, okay guys?

As for the future DTV 'movie' coming up later in the year.... Stay Tuned.

~Machias

Machias Banshee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 08:40 PM   #2
CyberCubed
Overlord

Why must it end? TMNT could have gone on for another 5 seasons.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 08:44 PM   #3
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy

You know, I honestly didn't see that coming....

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 09:23 PM   #4
rayfillet101
Mad Scientist

anyone think eastman and laird cops will show up? It would really bookmark it like Epilogue did for the whole DCAU mythos...but then they got surprised with another season I can't wait to see what happens though, it really seems like an epic episode, more epic than a few of the 2 parters we've seen over the years. Id take this over Return of Savanti Romero any day. But yeah, i think there are a few more surprises left to come in the episode.
angel and raph would be my vote for spiking the punch, they caused mischief at the annual christmas party

"When you scream my name, pleading for the pain to stop, you may call me...Bishop."
rayfillet101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 11:27 PM   #5
Cipher
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Why must it end? TMNT could have gone on for another 5 seasons.
Wait! It's ending? I totally did not understand that until now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machias Banshee
learning how to overanalyze with Cipher and Fledermaus
Woah, thanks. Even though I've actually only been around for a few of these threads and most of my overanalyzing has been done elsewhere.
Cipher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 11:38 PM   #6
DISTURBEDStheMOL
Random Punk

Isn't the very last episode of a series considered to be a series finale? On the official TMNT website it calls 'Wedding Bells and Bytes" the season finale. I mean this is just a really big let down and I'm probably just showing some wishful thinking here but I just got back into the turtles last year. I watched every episode in two months to catch up to the Ninja Tribunal episodes after I accidentally saw the previews for them. I don't want it to end, I never have the money to buy the comics, so this is it for me... again... (aside from the dtv)
DISTURBEDStheMOL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 11:38 PM   #7
Raph ninja
Random Punk

NOOOOOO It can't be the last ep already!!!
Old 02-28-2009, 02:03 AM   #8
Aska_Badoura
Hench Mutant

...I thought there was another one after this. Eep.

How on earth are they going to cram all those goings-on into one ep?

Well... finales are hard. It's always quite a task to make it special, memorable, a good wrap-up of what came before. And considering the amount of holes left by FF, and the where-the-heck-did-so-and-so-go's and where-the-heck-did-so-and-so-come-from's of this season... they're missing some parts that they have to work around. They have to get Splinter back, get rid of virtual-Ch'rell, get rid of Khan (oh, send him to Karai, she'll take care of him ), find out why they have tengu and Utrom Shredders running around and get rid of them (I assume?), send Serling back (I hope, anyway, poor guy), and get April and Casey married. Somehow, I am still maybe expecting a two-parter, here, heh.

And... wow. I'm in denial. And eyeing that unfinished FF plot meaningfully. Retroactive episodes, anyone?

We haven't had a good session of over-analysis in... a very long time. Nostalgia...

The Venus Project

LONG in need of an update, but still out there, if you want a look.
'Geek' pic by Allie

Last edited by Aska_Badoura; 02-28-2009 at 02:09 AM.
Aska_Badoura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 03:07 AM   #9
Leonardo15
Random Punk

Series Finale or Season finale?

Here everyone is calling this final episodes of series but at the official website it's called the season finale. Meaning there might more episodes later on. How do you know if 4kids could be keeping quite afraid to spread a rumour if the wrong info gets out in public?
We still haven't heard much about that TMNT DTV movie, but do we think it's cancelled because we haven't heard anymore news on it, well, maybe some will, but no, from what I know it's probably close to being finish or is finish I really don't know.

I know there are people who will agree or disagree with me, but I still think this isn't the finale episode. I know most probably have accepted this the last episode. Please, don't tell me to give it a rest, I'm free to talk like everyone else that's why these such fourms exist to point out peoples thoughts.
Leonardo15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 03:17 AM   #10
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonardo15 View Post
Here everyone is calling this final episodes of series but at the official website it's called the season finale. Meaning there might more episodes later on.
Oh don't start. Plenty of series that have been cancelled had the words "season finale" on them, and they never came back
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 03:27 AM   #11
Leonardo15
Random Punk

Excuse me. Is it wrong I'm thinking positive?
Leonardo15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 04:27 AM   #12
gobo
Wacky Action

Zarius is just always grouchy. You'll get used to it. But, I think you're projecting your panic on us. For the most part, we fans have decided to begrudgingly or even happily accept that this is the last season, but every time someone makes a post like this, it just reopens this can o' worms... Honestly, what does it matter if we consider this the end-of-the-line, but 4kids actually surprises us with a new season later? Let's just let the bickering over it stop.

Last edited by gobo; 02-28-2009 at 04:34 AM.
gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 04:28 AM   #13
Machias Banshee
Super Moderator

Guys, PLEASE Please Please.....

If you want to Complain and debate if this is the finale or not, use one of the dozen other threads you've all set up. I want this to be a positive thread, not another "Whine and Cheese" festival...

*Hugs Aska for returning! Grabs her coffee and heads to work*

Edit: You took the words from my mouth, Gobo... You get a cookie.
Machias Banshee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 05:45 AM   #14
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!

Guys here is the proof you've been wanting for some time.
Peter Laird talks about this being the end of the series in a reply to MachiasBanshee on this blog post.
https://www.blogger.com/comment.g?bl...93681332405601
Quote:
How do I feel about the show ending? Well, I won't say I'm happy, really... but on the other hand, I can't say I'm terribly sad either. We've had a pretty darned good run with this series -- seven seasons. I feel like I was finally able to contribute to a TMNT animated series which captured the spirit and essence of the TMNT comics (with some small concessions to broadcast standards and practices). It was a thrill to see many of the TMNT comic stories that Mirage published adapted into episodes of the series, especially the Jack Kirby tribute ("The King"). I thoroughly enjoyed working with Lloyd and his crew, and hope someday to work with him again, even if it's not on Turtles. I feel that we took the original concept and expanded on it it some cool and exciting ways, creating another iteration of the TMNT, another TMNT universe if you will, which stands on its own. I'm very proud of it. -- PL
VaughnMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 06:53 AM   #15
Aneras713
Hench Mutant

I read the opening post and almost cried.
I thought it was beautiful.

Anyway, From what we've seen I think this is a great way to end the serise. Sure there's some loose ends, but that's nothing fan fiction can't fix.
I only have one problem with it and that problem is...
Spoiler:
The Ninja Tribunal
...never liked them for some reason.
Why the shell am I here? Cause it's 3:15 in the morning and what else am I gonna do?
Aneras713 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 07:00 AM   #16
IamtheKnight
Stone Warrior

It's been a good seven years. I wished we had another season but what are we going to do. Maybe in the next 5 years we will get another good show.
IamtheKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 08:00 AM   #17
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!

Ok seriously they waited this entire season for the show to be this good again?
That had everything in it, it was simply amazing.
Seriously anyone who didn't like this episode is a total douche bag.
I was really happy oviously, I alsmot thought for a moment when Cyber Shredder did that the episode would be a cliff hanger.
Even though we never saw her again it was nice to have Donatello mention Viral one last time.
While it was odd seeing Rat King there and sort of didn't get it, it was nice to have him around one last time anyway.
I thought it was cool that we saw the characters watching at the end, the only person I sort of wish was there was Baxter.
Oh and I'm glad Serling via Donatello was the one to destroy Cyber Shredder it adds so much more to his character and good ridance to Shredder may he not come back any time soon.

Last edited by VaughnMichael; 02-28-2009 at 08:08 AM.
VaughnMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 08:02 AM   #18
Aska_Badoura
Hench Mutant

Quote:
*Hugs Aska for returning! Grabs her coffee and heads to work*
...did you grab my coffee, or yours?

As I say, I still have hope something may possess them to finish FF, or a TV movie, as you say. I've just been disappointed at how they've mauled the continuity of season 5 and 6... I kind of feel like "just don't touch it anymore, you're killing it".

Of course that would mean that I don't have any excuse to put off The Venus Project anymore... (wait! They might introduce something else I can incorporate!) *retreats to plot, and wait for ep to air*

The Venus Project

LONG in need of an update, but still out there, if you want a look.
'Geek' pic by Allie
Aska_Badoura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 08:03 AM   #19
Scandia
Mad Scientist

This episode was AWESOME!!! I was jumping around like I did back when I was 13 and watching the original series!

They did a fantastic job of showing EVERYONE who had been in the show. People I would not have expected to be witnessing the wedding were enjoying it from the future and other dimensions.

Showing Karai in a kimono was cute. I am sort of surprised to see the Ninja Tribunal. And having the Rat King witness it almost leaves it open to the possibility of future episodes. I wonder how Cody watching the wedding would alter the time continuum.

April looked beautiful- though I would look ridiculous in a similar dress. I am surprised Casey wore a white jacket while the Turtles wore black.

Overall, it was a great wrap-up of the series. While at the same time it leaves the door ajar for future seasons. Which I do hope happen.

Turtles fight with honor!!!
Scandia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 08:03 AM   #20
IamtheKnight
Stone Warrior

I would have to say that this was a good finale! It turned out better than expected. Everything in this episode was good. From Raph teaching Casey to tie a tie to the final defeat of Cyber Shredder. The ending was so good. It has been a good seven years.
IamtheKnight is offline   Reply With Quote