The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 03-09-2007, 02:29 PM   #61
LogicDonny
Banned

in shows like this, you grow with the characters loving them and all that and this happens shocking you. The dog example of futrama was a good example. i felt sad inside of the dog. The music playing as well fits the mood well.
LogicDonny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 01:42 PM   #62
LogicDonny
Banned

So last night Battlestar Galactia started with Part 1 of Crossroads.. This episode did not have a intro scene. It started right at the show after the previous on... and the credits of the actors appeared.. So this episode was really well done. I can not wait next week for the season's finale

Spoiler:
President has cancer once again.. She taking the drug again and Lee Adama has quit the military and wore a suit near the end of the episode. Then there this weird eerie music playing at the 2nd hafl of the show and Tigh was all crazily mad over that music wanting it to stop. The final scene happen him saying " It's in the ship" My question is wtf is that music lol.. Also the cylons has returned also.

Pretty much an excellent episode overall.
Old 03-19-2007, 08:02 PM   #63
Raph's Girl
Dierna Soul, Reporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by LogicDonny View Post
Spoiler:
President has cancer once again.. She taking the drug again and Lee Adama has quit the military and wore a suit near the end of the episode. Then there this weird eerie music playing at the 2nd hafl of the show and Tigh was all crazily mad over that music wanting it to stop. The final scene happen him saying " It's in the ship" My question is wtf is that music lol.. Also the cylons has returned also.

Pretty much an excellent episode overall.
Spoiler:
The song playing is All Along The Watchtower by Bob Dylan. Kara returns next week to reveal something major.
Old 03-19-2007, 08:13 PM   #64
Anarky
Outlaw Hero

Spoiler:
Wait, Bob Dylan means that they're almost there. A couple of lightdecades away, but almost there. Right?
Anarky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 08:28 PM   #65
ThirdMarioBro
Tea Time!

Well, I decided to watch Battlestar on delay by downloading the episodes, and watching the DVD's because (1) I don't have an HD reciever and TV looks like ass on my HDTV, and (2) It conflicts with Dancing With the Stars. So...yeah. Too bad.
Old 03-19-2007, 09:10 PM   #66
ZariusTwo
Overlord

...Why are you watching that reality junk?

Christ...
ZariusTwo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 11:33 PM   #67
LogicDonny
Banned

Are you talking baout battlestar?

Spoiler:
If you guys are right, the next episode shall lead us to something awesome or something dangerous. I can't say anything because there is no words to say.. this is going to be one blast of a season's finale.

I tell you Battlestar Galactica is one of my favorite sci-fi shows right now.. It makes me happy how incredible the writers have done making a world so bleak and manage to create such a wonderful story of humans trying to find home and survive against machines.
Old 03-20-2007, 12:04 AM   #68
ThirdMarioBro
Tea Time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
...Why are you watching that reality junk?

Christ...
Why do you like that Dragon Ball junk? People like stuff.
Old 03-20-2007, 01:06 AM   #69
LogicDonny
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdMarioBro View Post
Why do you like that Dragon Ball junk? People like stuff.
dragon ball is so 1990. lol.
Old 03-20-2007, 05:27 AM   #70
Anarky
Outlaw Hero

Dragon Ball doesn't seem to be an issue here, does it? So we're just going to drop flaming Zarius for his comment about our favourite show and go along discussing that they're probably a FTL-jump or two away. Oh, and before anyone mistakes this for a friendly suggestion... well, it isn't. So drop it. Now.

And that the Cylons are back. I've been waiting for those frakkers to come back and you know what's bad? I think the Galactica is not able to take them on anymore, even with the most cunning plan ever. The ship's so banged up, it's a miracle she's still flying.

Last edited by Anarky; 03-20-2007 at 05:42 AM.
Old 03-21-2007, 10:19 AM   #71
LogicDonny
Banned

hey where the heck did my reply go?

Someone stole my reply! I swear I wrote something here after Anarky yesterday.
Old 03-21-2007, 11:26 AM   #72
ZariusTwo
Overlord

It was deleted because you were ignoring Anark's request to drop the flaming and instigating.
Old 03-21-2007, 08:14 PM   #73
LogicDonny
Banned

Ok i see. Lol I just thought maybe I was dreaming posting it or something. Now I see.

Yea ok.
Old 03-22-2007, 12:18 AM   #74
Raph's Girl
Dierna Soul, Reporter

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20070322/...attlestar_dc_1

Sci Fi Channel will air a two-hour episode of "Battlestar Galactica" in the fall, bridging the gap between the current third season and the fourth season slated to begin in January, the cable network said Wednesday.

The episode will feature the whole cast and will not necessarily be related to the story line, Sci Fi executive vp original programming Mark Stern said. It will be filmed in the next few months as the show returns to production and will then be marketed as a separate DVD.

Raph's Girl note: It's nice that they do this.....
Old 03-22-2007, 09:48 AM   #75
LogicDonny
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raph's Girl View Post
http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20070322/...attlestar_dc_1

Sci Fi Channel will air a two-hour episode of "Battlestar Galactica" in the fall, bridging the gap between the current third season and the fourth season slated to begin in January, the cable network said Wednesday.

The episode will feature the whole cast and will not necessarily be related to the story line, Sci Fi executive vp original programming Mark Stern said. It will be filmed in the next few months as the show returns to production and will then be marketed as a separate DVD.

Raph's Girl note: It's nice that they do this.....
Awesome. Thanks for the news.. Now we don't have to wait to see something new of Battlestar.
Old 03-25-2007, 09:02 PM   #76
LogicDonny
Banned

OK. Well season 3 just ended a minute ago.. Just trying to shake off the excitement.

First off, this episode has been 1 hell of a good episode. Gaius Balter
Spoiler:
Not guilty

2nd the mysterious of the final 5 has been shown in the opera house dream but they are glowing in white.

3rd, the music was acutally some sort of Cylon thingy.. 4 people gathered in 1 room where they all realize they are cylons..
Spoiler:
Col. Tigh, The Chief, The President's assitance and Kara's husband

the music playing watchtower I think was a great song and the end of the episode the cylons have returned with a twist when all the ships are out preparing to battle, Lee Adama find a weird Bogey on his radar, went to check it out, finds out it's
Spoiler:
Kara Three who is flying a viper she says it's her and she found earth

Finally the big big thing that really was like whoa

the
Spoiler:
camera scrolls further away and appears in full view the Milky Way Galaxy then the camera zooooms to Earth.. Yes the Earth..

Oh my!

I tell ya all the seasons of battlestar has always ended with a big bang and this takes the cake..

Now to wait till 2008
Old 03-29-2007, 05:15 PM   #77
Anarky
Outlaw Hero

I must have more Galactica. Now. It's not even funny anymore. I mean, I couldn't wait during the last two cliffhangers, but this one's just that much bigger.

And quite honestly, I don't think the four "Cylons" really are Cylons. The writers have been known to frak with us whenever possible. So it could be that they just gathered up there because the music was loudest and because Tigh was drunk once again blabbed about being a skinjob. Besides, Adama has known Tigh for decades now and I somehow don't believe that The Old Man wouldn't have noticed that Tigh doesn't age. And now don't tell me that you didn't notice that they're reborn in the exact same shape, minus the C.O.D. of course.
Old 05-11-2007, 12:29 PM   #78
Raph's Girl
Dierna Soul, Reporter

BSG to end in Season 4

According to an interview in If Magazine Edward James Olmos said at the Saturn Awards that Season 4 will be the the last. Click on the link to read the interview.

http://ifmagazine.com/new.asp?article=4445
Old 05-11-2007, 01:23 PM   #79
MadPirateBunny
Mad Scientist

It's only been around for 4 years? gah. I liked the movie but then had to listen to grumpings about how starbuck shouldn't be a fem. Bah.

Adama: "What do you hear, Lieutenant?"
Starbuck: "Nothing but the rain sir."
Adama: "Then grab the cat and come on in."

or something cool like that. hehe

I adore Starbuck like that. But it makes sense they're cutting it here. The SLs ran deep and intertwined and so complex too quickly and I got distracted. But now they're at their final destination so I'll watch the final movie.

Note to self: Pillage first. THEN Burn.

Last edited by MadPirateBunny; 05-11-2007 at 01:48 PM.
MadPirateBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 01:34 PM   #80
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Good. Cut it clean, season three went almost nowhere, and probably to pad out the show over a longer period. Since they know that's impossible now, they'll make this new season much tighter and give it a memorable ending.

Tags
battlestar galcuckticka, cylonsklingonssjws