The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > 4Kids TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

View Poll Results: Which version of April do you think is the hottest?
Mirage 4 1.56%
Reporter / old cartoon 116 45.31%
The first movie 31 12.11%
The second and third movie 17 6.64%
Archie 9 3.52%
New cartoon 79 30.86%
Voters: 256. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 09-05-2008, 12:40 AM   #161
Darth Shredder
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by NameGoesHere1066 View Post
but what about her complexion and hair color? Do you still think she looks like a vampire/corpse Darth Shredder? Although I agree she does look rather thin here.
Her complexion is a step up, yes. The hair is okay. But she will be a corpse if someone doesn't donate some steak to her asap.
Old 09-08-2008, 11:00 AM   #162
funatic
Mad Scientist

i love how this thread has 162 posts... and i'll take old toon april with new toon's smarts & personality.
Old 09-08-2008, 11:42 AM   #163
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Don't you mean rounder/nicer butt? Like this?

Exactamundo!!!!

The new NEW April looks cute... but looks like she won't be packin much back. I agree with the other guy... donate her a steak ASAP before the poor thing passes out.
Old 09-08-2008, 09:44 PM   #164
Jelly Bean
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by funatic View Post
i love how this thread has 162 posts... and i'll take old toon april with new toon's smarts & personality.
I don't know if this will get me shot or anything but, I rather like 80's April over-all looks and personality wise more, than the present day version. I've never found NT April all that interesting as a character. And I think NT April is pretty but she just seems too "girl-next-door" like for me. From what I've seen of 80's April I find she has more presence and and a more engaging character. I think she is nice and caring but she isn't your over the top sparkly eyed sweetie eighther.

I like 80's April's spunk and her attitude, and her independence, she can be sweet one moment and give you attitude the next, and even though she can't fight and gets captured all the time, I think she is very capable over all. From what i've seen she knows the turtles but she has her own life and career and idenity so her life isn't wrapped up in the turtles, and she deals with issues in her own job and life. Yeah she always wants a story at all costs but look at her boss? No matter what she does he keeps threatening to fire her and she has a cut throat rival trying to undermine her at every turn. And fans wonder why she has an all or nothing attitude about getting a story? Her boss is forever up her ass.

With NT April you never see much of NT April's life outside the turtles, what her daily troubles are or her anxieites. When ever you see her it's always has something to do with the turtles or she is helping them, you never see what she deals with personaly that doesn't involve the turtles. Yeah she has a relationship with Casey but even her relationship with him is very involved with the turtles. I'm explaining my self poorly Yeah she is smart and she is a very good assest to the turtles but other than that I find her actually a bit one sided.
it's pretty stupid that any company that specializes in serving up hot meat - specifically "Hot C*ck Meat" (Chickens? "C*cks"? Get it?) - in between a set of warm buns would have an anti-gay agenda. The irony is palpable.
-Leo656

--------

Old 09-09-2008, 07:56 AM   #165
Bad Guys Lover
Hench Mutant

Interesting point you got there, JB. I agree that NT April`s life is too much connected with the turtles. And not many people thought that NT April is one sided! They often referred to OT April as one sided or shallow, well, as far as I can see.

Anyway, I think that OT April`s way hotter and more interesting character than NT April.
Old 09-09-2008, 12:38 PM   #166
NameGoesHere1066
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelly Bean View Post
I don't know if this will get me shot or anything but, I rather like 80's April over-all looks and personality wise more, than the present day version. I've never found NT April all that interesting as a character. And I think NT April is pretty but she just seems too "girl-next-door" like for me. From what I've seen of 80's April I find she has more presence and and a more engaging character. I think she is nice and caring but she isn't your over the top sparkly eyed sweetie eighther.

I like 80's April's spunk and her attitude, and her independence, she can be sweet one moment and give you attitude the next, and even though she can't fight and gets captured all the time, I think she is very capable over all. From what i've seen she knows the turtles but she has her own life and career and idenity so her life isn't wrapped up in the turtles, and she deals with issues in her own job and life. Yeah she always wants a story at all costs but look at her boss? No matter what she does he keeps threatening to fire her and she has a cut throat rival trying to undermine her at every turn. And fans wonder why she has an all or nothing attitude about getting a story? Her boss is forever up her ass.

With NT April you never see much of NT April's life outside the turtles, what her daily troubles are or her anxieites. When ever you see her it's always has something to do with the turtles or she is helping them, you never see what she deals with personaly that doesn't involve the turtles. Yeah she has a relationship with Casey but even her relationship with him is very involved with the turtles. I'm explaining my self poorly Yeah she is smart and she is a very good assest to the turtles but other than that I find her actually a bit one sided.
wow, good point I never thought oif that. But it's really true at the same time! I guess OT April isn't shallow as some fans make her out to be!
Old 09-09-2008, 12:40 PM   #167
Sage Ninja
Band of the Hawk

Quote:
From what i've seen she knows the turtles but she has her own life and career and idenity so her life isn't wrapped up in the turtles, and she deals with issues in her own job and life. Yeah she always wants a story at all costs but look at her boss? No matter what she does he keeps threatening to fire her and she has a cut throat rival trying to undermine her at every turn. And fans wonder why she has an all or nothing attitude about getting a story? Her boss is forever up her ass.

Sometimes I get pretty annoyed with the assertion that NT April is so much deeper and more multi-faceted than OT April because April was a career woman. But you have apoint that there is a reason behind it with Burns always on top of her and Vernon trying to scoop her on her stories. April is in a cut throat career and she has to be pretty daring and focused just to stay afloat. Not only does OT April have a relationship with the turtles in addition to having her own sepret life, the show actually threw a wrench into their relationship in later seasons by having April adopt an icy distance from the turtles because her involvment was having a hectic effect on her life. Thats interesting and something no other version save the orginal mirage comics ever had happen with April and her realtionship with them have challenge to over come and her distancing herself from them.

Cassandra: You won't fight me, but will you fight...for HIM?

~Cassandra's Revenge

~Tangled the Series
Old 09-09-2008, 01:47 PM   #168
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Her boss is forever up her ass.
Wait..... what???? No wonder she had such a high salary...

Seriously, yeah, the old toon did show more of April's personal life wether it was dealing with her job or being a friend to Irma and cheering her up. Hell... NT April seemed to have no friends at all before the met the TMNT. She met Casey through the Turtles. At least old toon April already had Irma as a friend.
Old 09-09-2008, 06:19 PM   #169
NameGoesHere1066
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
Exactamundo!!!!

The new NEW April looks cute... but looks like she won't be packin much back. I agree with the other guy... donate her a steak ASAP before the poor thing passes out.

I don't know if any one noticed this. But in RedSky it looked like April lost some her firgure and got to skinny. She certainly lost that butt of hers.
Old 09-09-2008, 06:22 PM   #170
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
I don't know if any one noticed this. But in RedSky it looked like April lost some her firgure and got to skinny. She certainly lost that butt of hers.
yeah, it looked like they were trying to tone down her hotness for the kids.
Old 09-09-2008, 06:45 PM   #171
NameGoesHere1066
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
Seriously, yeah, the old toon did show more of April's personal life wether it was dealing with her job or being a friend to Irma and cheering her up. Hell... NT April seemed to have no friends at all before the met the TMNT. She met Casey through the Turtles. At least old toon April already had Irma as a friend.
well they at least showed she had an Uncle and a sister, they never really touched on OT April's family back ground other than her MarySue of a Aunt Agatha. I would have liked to have seen more about OT April family life before she became a reporter. I think I read some where on the back of a action figure toy, that OT April'sd was 26, 5 foot 9 and was orginally from the valley before coming to New York. Is there any official documents that follow up this information as true?

Quote:
yeah, it looked like they were trying to tone down her hotness for the kids
so I'm not the only one who noticed. Where they any complaints about her giggliness at all that might have changed her look?
Old 09-09-2008, 11:17 PM   #172
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Not that I heard of. I don't remember April ever bouncing, hell half the time they never actually drew in her cleavage-line considering her shirt at times was drawn that low. I mean the only thing probably too sexy for her were her constant butt-shots, which I guess looked too good for kids to look at or something? When looking at April's ass in yellow tights make little Billy want to do things to little Cindy... maybe that's why they made her look average in the Red Sky eps?
Old 09-10-2008, 11:31 AM   #173
Sage Ninja
Band of the Hawk

April's look in RedSky

I think the reason it looked like April's figure was diminshed in redsky was due to the new clothes she was wearing. The concealing jacket and looser pants probablt just made her bust and butt look smaller than it actually was.

Quote:
I don't remember April ever bouncing, hell half the time they never actually drew in her cleavage-line considering her shirt at times was drawn that low. I mean the only thing probably too sexy for her were her constant butt-shots,
my ex swears that in the first season April boobs bounced, and actually she is drawn to have a cleavage, just not a huge noticable line. Though I agree with you about the butt shots. The animators never missed an opertunity to have the material on April's jumpsuit cling tightly to her ass and have it in clear sight of the camera in any given or close up. Personaly I think thats why they has April forever being carried away over the shoulder all the time so they could show off her butt more.

Cassandra: You won't fight me, but will you fight...for HIM?

~Cassandra's Revenge

~Tangled the Series
Old 09-10-2008, 09:23 PM   #174
NameGoesHere1066
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Not only does OT April have a relationship with the turtles in addition to having her own sepret life, the show actually threw a wrench into their relationship in later seasons by having April adopt an icy distance from the turtles because her involvment was having a hectic effect on her life. Thats interesting and something no other version save the orginal mirage comics ever had happen with April and her realtionship with them have challenge to over come and her distancing herself from them.
whoa! when did all this happen? I never remember seeing a episode where April wasn't anything but nice and helpful to the turtles. When did April start distancing her self from the turtles?
Old 09-11-2008, 01:05 AM   #175
Coola Yagami
Overlord

I recall a Red Sky ep in which April was trying hard to try to get a big story that didn't involve the turtles.

Anyone ever notice most of April's stories dealt with solving crimes? She could have been some kind of police detective if she ever got fired from Channel 6.
Old 09-11-2008, 04:12 AM   #176
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
whoa! when did all this happen? I never remember seeing a episode where April wasn't anything but nice and helpful to the turtles. When did April start distancing her self from the turtles?
The eighth season shortly after Channel Six was destroyed, effectivly shattering April's co-worker "family".

In "State of S.H.O.C", April began openly blasting the Turtles when they were framed for a crime...really tense stuff, but I think from a reporter's POV she had to stick to the facts as they were and not show any personal bias now that she had no stable job and someone she could manipulate like Burne. She had almost no credibility in the city and had difficulty securing a job at that time.

April began to warm to the Turtles again before the series ended, but she was much more of a cynical person even when she did.
Old 09-11-2008, 07:06 AM   #177
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
The eighth season shortly after Channel Six was destroyed, effectivly shattering April's co-worker "family".

In "State of S.H.O.C", April began openly blasting the Turtles when they were framed for a crime...really tense stuff, but I think from a reporter's POV she had to stick to the facts as they were and not show any personal bias now that she had no stable job and someone she could manipulate like Burne. She had almost no credibility in the city and had difficulty securing a job at that time.

April began to warm to the Turtles again before the series ended, but she was much more of a cynical person even when she did.
Dude seriously just reading that makes me want to go back and watch the entire red sky episode series again.
It makes me laugh when people flat out say it sucks because it's differnt, differnt is good and this is no exception.
Old 09-12-2008, 06:01 PM   #178
Mr. Stay Puft
Stone Warrior

You know, when I started this thread 4-1/2 years ago, I didn't think it would last more than a week. Boy, was I wrong.

And there came a day. A day unlike any other, when Earth’s mightiest heroes found themselves united against a common threat, to fight the foes no single superhero could withstand. On that day, the Avengers were born.

R.I.P Chi Cheng and Jeff Hanneman
Old 09-12-2008, 09:03 PM   #179
Jelly Bean
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post

wow, that sounds freakin' awsome! I can't believe the light hearted version of the turtles did such a thing. That's a real twist to have such a close friend turn on them like that. That doesn't sound silly or shallow to me like some people have described it as being.

How did the turtles react to April doing this to them? Was it a big deal or did they sort of brush it off?
it's pretty stupid that any company that specializes in serving up hot meat - specifically "Hot C*ck Meat" (Chickens? "C*cks"? Get it?) - in between a set of warm buns would have an anti-gay agenda. The irony is palpable.
-Leo656

--------

Old 09-14-2008, 08:37 AM   #180
Mr._Mutant_Man
Mad Scientist

Quote:
what kind of fat do you guys have in mind for a "fat" April? Merly chunky with still traces of a figure or obese where she looks like a ball with limbs?
The old TMNT cartoon had many strange story lines, with Krang and Shredder's plots seeming to be inspired by old sci-fi movies with mad scientists. I could imagine Krang and Shredder coming up with something that would cause April to get really fat. I don't know exactly why, though.

A way that I imagine it possibly happening in the Archie series is with Maligna, that evil insect from space or whatever she was. I remember there was a time where she captured Raphael and Mondo Gecko and made her minions fatten them up with honey in preparation to eat them. If April had ever been captured by Maligna, maybe she'd try to fatten her up too.
Closed Thread

Tags
a day inside may, april o'neil, zombie thread