The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > 4Kids TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Old 03-22-2022, 10:02 PM   #101
Leo656
The Franchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
I woulda said the same thing if he started talking **** about your mother. I just want you see guys drop it before the mods come in here.
Jester has a life and I'm not inclined to waste his time with This Shit. He's got kids and a real job. I'm not inclined to disrupt that over "WAAAAAAAAHHHHH you sass-mouthed me" or whatever other happy horse shit.

In other news, I finally figured out how to get around the swear filter so this place is gonna get a LOT more interesting going forward.

Quote:

Edit- oh Leo, I KNOW you just didn't diss mah momma.
I don't need to, yo' momma's cooking does the job for me.

See? This guy can take a poke. You're alright, Mexican.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2022, 10:07 PM   #102
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
Jester has a life and I'm not inclined to waste his time with This Shit. He's got kids and a real job. I'm not inclined to disrupt that over "WAAAAAAAAHHHHH you sass-mouthed me" or whatever other happy horse shit.

In other news, I finally figured out how to get around the swear filter so this place is gonna get a LOT more interesting going forward.

I don't need to, yo' momma's cooking does the job for me.

See? This guy can take a poke. You're alright, Mexican.
LMAO Oh you little asshole.

Just for that I'm booking your next three hardcore blood splatter barbed wire matches.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2022, 10:09 PM   #103
Leo656
The Franchise

Quote:
LMAO Oh you little asshole.
Damn right it's little, I'm not getting it reamed out a half-dozen times a day for fun like some'a the chuckleheads 'round here.

NOT that there's anything wroooong with thaaaaaaat.

Old 03-22-2022, 10:10 PM   #104
AquaParade
Banned

Yeah, I don’t so much mind the order of things. This shows only real weaknesses seem to be as a result of budgetary restraint and censorship.

Then again, I remember seeing some of the scripts that Peter shared on his blog and he often had to correct the most obvious things, which you could tell annoyed him in typical Peter Laird fashion.

Speaking of which, when you remember how hands-on Peter was with this show, the high quality aspects make sense. It’s a bit reassuring in a way as well, I guess? There is that sense of authenticity. Although, you can feel Kevin’s absence, and it’s fun to imagine how a little bit of his “punk/gritty/Miller-esque” flavor may have effected the show, had he still been involved. Man, that sounds great to me.
I love that Peter is involved but his side of TMNT can sometimes feel “sterile” or a little dull without Kevin. Just like without Peter, Kevin’s TMNT can often feel unhinged, unfocused, or a bit messy.

Either way, we are lucky to have them involved in so many TMNT projects and spin-offs. There is so much authentic-feeling TMNT content, because of that. Even now, we still have Kevin actively working on TMNT and changing the course of it’s future with new influential characters and storylines, like Jennika or The Last Ronin. It’s really quite unlike most properties that TMNT is surrounded with.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2022, 10:20 PM   #105
Leo656
The Franchise

I never could've been half as patient as Laird was with those people. I just don't have it in me. Some of those "suggestions" he had to shoot down were ridiculous and I admire his restraint.

I agree about his TMNT being rather "sterile" and Kevin's being a bit too bananas. I really don't care much for either one's approach in a vacuum. Never have. I think they needed each other to really get the best out of either.

Old 03-23-2022, 08:40 AM   #106
Sumac
Banned

I've watched all 7 seasons on YouTube in 2010, one episode per day, and it wasn't daunting at all that way.

I feel like by Season 2 series has becomes stronger, since Season 1 spent some time to find its footing. Seasons 2-3 were pretty much perfect, with Season 4 feelings slightly aimless, but still good. And as I said elsewhere, Seasons 5 / Ninja Tribunal felt like a different show with TMNT as guest stars and the rest was nerfed to the point it almost resembled FW show.
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2022, 01:23 PM   #107
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
I'm gonna have to disagree here. That might be correct when we're talking about the initial fight with Shredder or how the first Leatherhead story somehow became two different episodes. However, the Rat King episode, Fish People episode, Savanti's return and Kirby homage all overlap quite decently with the actual plot of the comics they're adapting. It's true that most adaptations are very loose, they kind of have to be if it has changes like Shredder being an alien, but that doesn't mean they're always that loose.
And now I'll have to retract this statement. I had not realised the conversation had shifted from the 2003 show to the 2012 show.

If we're talking about the 2012 show, then yes, it's style of adaptation is more similar to what BVS did to DoS and TDKR. Even the closest adapted episodes of the 2012 show make more drastic alterations than the 2003 counterparts.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2022, 05:05 PM   #108
CyberCubed
Overlord

Season 3 is the best season besides the first. It just had continuous great episodes and the dynamic between Shredder, Karai, Hun, Dr. Chaplin and Bishop was perfect.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2022, 05:35 PM   #109
AquaParade
Banned

Can’t believe how much fun I’m having with this show. I guess it mostly came down to lowering my expectations of it so much over the years. Also, now that I’m binging through it while I work, I’m able to really appreciate the serialized nature and how well seeds are planted throughout.

I wish Kevin could have been involved, I wish it had a higher budget, and I wish it didn’t have to censor itself. But other then that, it’s a great little cartoon. I’d buy a Blu Ray release, but it deserves 4K because a lot of these colors would pop in HDR.

I really didn’t expect to make it past episode 2 or 3, but I’ve now completed season 1. To be fair, I was working during most episodes and skipped a couple as well, but I’ve been pretty invested for the most part.

Part of my enjoyment is coming from nostalgia and general curiosity to critique the show again, but a lot of it is just pure fun.

There’s not much else I can say in regards to season 1. What stood out most to me was where the show branched off from Mirage, like with C’hrell. I’m curious to see how I feel about season 2 in comparison to 1.
Old 03-23-2022, 06:13 PM   #110
CyberCubed
Overlord

What eps did you skip? The weakest Season 1 ep was, "The Monster Hunter" filler in Northampton, but all the others are worth watching.
Old 03-23-2022, 06:16 PM   #111
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
What eps did you skip? The weakest Season 1 ep was, "The Monster Hunter" filler in Northampton, but all the others are worth watching.
Garbageman isn't exactly entertaining...
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2022, 06:28 PM   #112
Leo656
The Franchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
Garbageman isn't exactly entertaining...
Felt like a harmless filler ep, to me. Definitely a step down from the rest of the Season but I've seen worse in general.

Old 03-23-2022, 06:35 PM   #113
AquaParade
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
I was out on a walk during most of the “Notes from the Underground” arc, I skipped the Garbageman episode, the Nano episode I think, and one of the Northampton episodes.
Old 03-24-2022, 03:11 AM   #114
LeotheLateBloomer
Foot Elite

I wouldn't skip the Nano personally. I thought it was touching. The Garbageman episode was decent aw well.
LeotheLateBloomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2022, 03:23 AM   #115
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

The ending of the Nano episode still makes me choke when I think about it. Its so heartbreaking.

Shredder could've done more than blow up the Channel Six building. I don't mean as far as murdering Splinter, but think of the possibilities if censors were not an issue.

Shredder and Krang combined had the biggest arsenal of any villains in all of the cartoons.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2022, 05:22 AM   #116
CyberCubed
Overlord

Do people really watch shows while going out for a walk leaving them on or while working? I know you're the same age roughly as me so I know it's not a zoomer thing.

For a show I really want to watch I could never do something else while its on. I know some people look at their cell phones while watching things and it's kinda strange to me, it's like you're not paying attention to what you're watching and then what's the point.
Old 03-24-2022, 07:08 AM   #117
AquaParade
Banned

I do. Mostly because I’ve seen this all before but also because I’m just not that invested. Plus I’ve got other things to take care of, so it’s much more doable to dedicate time to the show while multitasking as opposed to just sitting there.

Yes, I miss details and it effects my viewing of the show, but there’s only so much to miss in a show like this.
Old 03-24-2022, 01:45 PM   #118
Leo656
The Franchise

Oh, man, my in-laws do that crap. They apparently never heard of a Pause button; movie or TV show, they'll just get up and wander, go take a leak, go grab a drink, and then inevitably sit down and be like "Hey, wait, what?" Sometimes they'll rewind the part they missed but often won't. I physically can't watch stuff with them or anyone who does this, it's infuriating.

Old 03-24-2022, 11:08 PM   #119
Sumac
Banned

I sometimes zone out and do something else, if episode is not very engaging.
But largely I try to avoid this - what is the point of watching something, if you not gonna watch it?
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2022, 11:14 PM   #120
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
Oh, man, my in-laws do that crap. They apparently never heard of a Pause button; movie or TV show, they'll just get up and wander, go take a leak, go grab a drink, and then inevitably sit down and be like "Hey, wait, what?" Sometimes they'll rewind the part they missed but often won't. I physically can't watch stuff with them or anyone who does this, it's infuriating.
I can't stand this. If I'm watching something with a person who does this, or goes to the kitchen, or goes to put away a plate in the next room, I'll just pause it for them.

Also I don't have a lot of anxiety... but I think I have a little if I go to a movie in a theater with someone who I really want to soak in the movie as much as me... and then they get up to go to the bathroom. I mean, fair enough. But now I'm watching the movie and half of my brain is going, "Well sh**, what if they miss a bunch of key stuff? They better hurry up!"
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote