Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Rise of the TMNT Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 03-09-2018, 04:12 PM   #3641
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
One of the interviews said Raphael will be the leader "for now," his bio says "self-appointed leader" as opposed to Splinter choosing him as the leader, and Leonardo's description implies he's a bit of a rebel and argues with Raph likely leading to his leadership skills.

It's the same thing as Shredder showing up. Shredder has not been mentioned once, but we know he will appear eventually. The Foot are in this, Hamato Yoshi is Splinter, Baron Draxum isn't going to be the only villain for the whole show besides random mutants, etc.
Maybe Raph will quit being a leader for a while due to self-doubt and then come back better than before with Splinter's blessing, who knows? The information we have so far isn't conclusive enough to jump to definitive answers.

Shredder could've done more than blow up the Channel Six building. I don't mean as far as murdering Splinter, but think of the possibilities if censors were not an issue.

Shredder and Krang combined had the biggest arsenal of any villains in all of the cartoons.
Old 03-09-2018, 04:35 PM   #3642
CyberCubed
Overlord

Considering they also alluded to the Turtles using their iconic weapons at some point, I wouldn't be surprised if Raph trades the tonfa for sai's and Leo gets the double katana when they grow into their roles. Mike and Don's weapons might stay the same, Mikey's weapons are basically a spinning nunchuck thing anyway.
Old 03-09-2018, 06:58 PM   #3643
oldmanwinters
Overlord

The thing I'm most curious about:

Mayhem: April's strange-looking magic cat

Baron Draxum's Oozesquitoes

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
Old 03-09-2018, 07:02 PM   #3644
Papenbrook
*The King of Nothing*

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo View Post
Maybe Raph will quit being a leader for a while due to self-doubt and then come back better than before with Splinter's blessing, who knows? The information we have so far isn't conclusive enough to jump to definitive answers.
Agreed. I'm waiting to see how this turns out.
Old 03-09-2018, 07:53 PM   #3645
Sabacooza
Mad Scientist

What if Raph isn't able to be leader because he gets injured and then Leo steps up to the plate. Maybe Raph might then be okay with giving it up because Leo did a fine job at it.
Old 03-09-2018, 09:47 PM   #3646
Xiewin
Stone Warrior

That'll be fine too.
But still, why do it in the first place? There's no point if Leo becomes the leader again. If you want him to earn it, then just do so. There's no need to place Raph in the position for a while, only to prove how much he sucks at it. But oh well, I'll still give it a chance and see how it turns out

Last edited by Xiewin; 03-09-2018 at 09:54 PM.
Old 03-10-2018, 12:34 AM   #3647
CyberCubed
Overlord

Well its the same reason there are tons of other new stuff in this series, they wanted to try something different.
Old 03-10-2018, 06:45 AM   #3648
Ninjinister
無問題

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo View Post
I'm glad somebody understands.
Old 03-10-2018, 03:45 PM   #3649
Coola Yagami
Overlord

I'm actually a bit disappointed. The different designs and changes are so out there.... why not make Raph the leader and keep it that way? People were pissed about the Donnie/April ship and expected it to die out in the first season but it stayed for the series. Why not keep Raph as the leader? Why not keep Baron Cena as the main baddie and keep Shredder out of it? Just got all out balls to the wall, or don't play at all and keep things the same.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Old 03-10-2018, 03:59 PM   #3650
Vegita-San
Emperor

Maybe they will if the ratings stay strong.

but once they drop..hello Shredder and FW homages.

'Wrong, April. We've Been upgraded to Women hating TROLLS'

?The force is not female, the force is not male, the force is for everyone?
Old 03-10-2018, 04:28 PM   #3651
LeotheLateBloomer
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
I'm actually a bit disappointed. The different designs and changes are so out there.... why not make Raph the leader and keep it that way? Why not keep Raph as the leader? Why not keep Baron Cena as the main baddie and keep Shredder out of it? Just got all out balls to the wall, or don't play at all and keep things the same.
Because fanboys.

Quote:
People were pissed about the Donnie/April ship and expected it to die out in the first season but it stayed for the series.
The Don/April ship died out sometime in Season 3 or at the very least rarely gets touch upon, thankfully.
Old 03-10-2018, 04:45 PM   #3652
Xiewin
Stone Warrior

I was excited about the changes, but not anymore.
If you're gonna make Raph leader and Leo more laid back then just go for it. If not then what was the point? It just feels like a waste.
Old 03-10-2018, 06:41 PM   #3653
CyberCubed
Overlord

Because we're going to see a Leonardo who grows into becoming a leader for the first time, rather than just starting off as one by default. We're going to see a Leonardo who finds his place as a natural born leader, and his character development will have him find his following and fulfill his destiny.
Old 03-10-2018, 06:50 PM   #3654
Sumac
Banned

Quote:
People were pissed about the Donnie/April ship and expected it to die out in the first season but it stayed for the series.
Didn't make it less half-assed idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeotheLateBloomer View Post
Because fanboys.
Because, authors are indecisive.

If you got idea - you should stuck by it. Not that I have a lot of faith in this particular series.
Old 03-10-2018, 06:52 PM   #3655
CyberCubed
Overlord

Either way all of Seasons 1's scripts were likely written before the first previews were ever shown to the public. Whatever they had planned for Season 1 will already happen no matter what backlash about it came from fans. I guess it would be Season 2 or onward that might feature changes based on fan reception to the first season.
Old 03-10-2018, 07:02 PM   #3656
Papenbrook
*The King of Nothing*

Quote:
Because we're going to see a Leonardo who grows into becoming a leader for the first time, rather than just starting off as one by default. We're going to see a Leonardo who finds his place as a natural born leader, and his character development will have him find his following and fulfill his destiny.
And ...? What about the other turtles' character development?

Will they develop as fully-fledged characters with their own strengths and weaknesses? Will they realize and fulfill their true potential? Will they even have their own agency and autonomy?

Find out ... in September 2018.
Old 03-10-2018, 07:25 PM   #3657
Xiewin
Stone Warrior

Quote:
It's not really that lol. They can do that. But why change Raphael into the oldest brother, along with making him leader first?
Old 03-10-2018, 07:32 PM   #3658
Xiewin
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papenbrook View Post
And ...? What about the other turtles' character development?
I think that's really irking me. I can understand Leo's development, which is great. But with the way their doing it, Raph is most likely to get thrown under the bus.
Also, i'm curious about Donnie and Mikey. 2012 didn't really develop the rest of the brothers well. At least compared to Leo. But then that's just my opinion.
I'll still watch it lol, but I'm just giving my thoughts for now.
Old 03-10-2018, 07:36 PM   #3659
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Not to be "that person"... but maybe Leo haters dislikers (or at least couldn't-care-less-ers) involved... >.> I mean, thinking you're clever with the whole "Raph is leader; Leo has to earn it thing" is one thing, but unnecessarily removing Leo from being oldest (and this other crud)... come on, that's just purposely trying to knock him down a few pegs just because. Like deciding Raph isn't the tough muscle anymore, Donnie isn't the brains, or Mikey isn't the loveable, warm hearted youngest... I can't imagine anyone dreaming of removing those parts of them the way they've altered Leo. (Can you imagine how hard the crap would hit the fan if Raph was just some little sissy instead? lol And maybe youngest? The figurative fan would be shattered into a thousand pieces.)

Alternate theory, which I think may be more to the truth... it's simple minded thinking. "Raph should be a snapper! Snapping turtles are big and tough! Big and tough means oldest! And being leader!"
Old 03-10-2018, 07:36 PM   #3660
Papenbrook
*The King of Nothing*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiewin View Post
Yeah that's my problem. I can understand Leo's development, which is great. But with the way their doing it, Raph is most likely to get thrown under the bus.
Also, i'm curious about Donnie and Mikey. 2012 didn't really develop the rest of the brothers well. At least compared to Leo. But then that's just my opinion.
Don't worry. As FredWolfLeo has stated, we don't actually have any concrete/ complete info regarding the story. We're just going by our own personal theories/ head canons that's based around the sparse info we have already received.

Last edited by Papenbrook; 03-10-2018 at 07:45 PM.
Closed Thread

Tags
2018, rise of the tmnt, speculation, we're crimefighters