The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 11-12-2021, 09:47 AM   #1
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Marvel Studios Spider-Man Freshman Year animated Disney +

Old 11-12-2021, 11:40 AM   #3
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
More details. It's a prequel to the MCU Spidey movies

https://www.marvel.com/articles/tv-s...ar-disney-plus
Do we really need one? Now they're gonna go back and say he already knew and fought against his usual rogues gallery. It's super obvious in the movie his first weird altercation was against Shocker and his goons in the movie (not counting Civil War).

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2021, 11:50 AM   #4
AquaParade
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
Do we really need one? Now they're gonna go back and say he already knew and fought against his usual rogues gallery. It's super obvious in the movie his first weird altercation was against Shocker and his goons in the movie (not counting Civil War).
How was it obvious that the Shocker was the first altercation he had? We saw footage in Civil War footage of him showing a grasp of his powers, so it's reasonable to think that he may have had some interesting adventures before he met Tony.

Nothing too crazy should happen, but they could do things like feature "The Enforcers", "Tombstone", or any other low key villains they don't have plans for. Street level stuff.

I think at best, it could ease the feeling that Spider-Man was thrown into his biggest adventures ever right off the bat. It's a little bit of whiplash seeing Peter go to space, get turned to dust, disappear for five years, and meet alternate versions of himself all within his entry-level era of being Spider-Man. I mean, we know from the movies that he had adventures before that, but fleshing it out may help with the feeling of whiplash.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2021, 11:53 AM   #5
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaParade View Post
How was it obvious that the Shocker was the first altercation he had? We saw Civil War footage of him showing a grasp of his powers, so it's reasonable to think that he may have had some interesting adventures before he met Tony.

Nothing too crazy should happen, but they could do things like feature "The Enforcers", "Tombstone", or any other low key villains they don't have plans for. Street level stuff.
Based on the conversations they had, it was pretty obvious he only stopped regular crooks and thieves and whatnot. Obviously nothing noteworthy, and nothing worth making a show about. Like I said, not the first altercation, but the first weird 'comic booky' altercations, thugs with scifi guns and whatnot.

Who'd wanna watch a show about Spider-Man in a crappy makeshift suit fighting no-names? You know people are gonna wanna see the bigger villains.

Maybe if this took place after Homecoming but before Infinity War?

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Old 11-12-2021, 12:48 PM   #6
AquaParade
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
Based on the conversations they had, it was pretty obvious he only stopped regular crooks and thieves and whatnot. Obviously nothing noteworthy, and nothing worth making a show about. Like I said, not the first altercation, but the first weird 'comic booky' altercations, thugs with scifi guns and whatnot.

Who'd wanna watch a show about Spider-Man in a crappy makeshift suit fighting no-names? You know people are gonna wanna see the bigger villains.

Maybe if this took place after Homecoming but before Infinity War?
It's a fair question. I admit, my first thought was "huh, so are they really willing to just feature him in his 'beginner outfit'"?
But if so, that's cool with me. I don't mind the idea of fleshing out his earlier years with some smaller stories.
Old 07-22-2022, 01:19 PM   #7
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Spoiler:

Daredevil will be voiced by Charlie Cox in this

will be in 2024

Season 2 will be

Old 07-22-2022, 02:17 PM   #8
neatoman
Emperor

I was under the impression that MCU Gargan wasn't the Scorpion yet. And I also thought he was completely unfamiliar with Otto, hence the confusion when he met the Raimi version.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2022, 02:24 PM   #9
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
I was under the impression that MCU Gargan wasn't the Scorpion yet. And I also thought he was completely unfamiliar with Otto, hence the confusion when he met the Raimi version.
This isn't set in the MCU. In this universe he is mentored by Otto not Tony Stark
Old 07-22-2022, 02:28 PM   #10
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autbot_Benz View Post
This isn't set in the MCU. In this universe he is mentored by Otto not Tony Stark
Well, OK then.
Hahahaha!
Old 07-22-2022, 03:00 PM   #11
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autbot_Benz View Post
His mentor is actually Norman Osborn
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2022, 03:06 PM   #12
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
His mentor is actually Norman Osborn
Y'know, he's also a bit of a scientist himself.

Old 07-22-2022, 05:30 PM   #13
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

So... the "prequel to the MCU Spider-Man movies" is out the window now?
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2022, 06:26 PM   #14
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

yeah wtf? I was excited for this when I thought it would detail MCU Spidey's beginnings, but now I'm less excited. Just kind of "meh" now
ProphetofGanja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2022, 06:40 PM   #15
neatoman
Emperor

Actually, I'm kind of relieved that this isn't really part of the MCU, I was bit annoyed when I first heard that all the shows minus the X-Men ones were just going to be MCU-related.

Don't take this the wrong way but... The MCU should probably wrap up and die so a reboot can take it's place. Black Widow wasn't good, Shang-Chi was mediocre at best, Eternals was straight up trash, Multiverse of Madness was off and Thor 4 was a bit too awkward. No Way Home was good though but with phase 4 being 84% bad movies so far, something tells me Black Panther 2, Ant-Man 3 and Captain Marvel 2 are probably going to suck too. Not too optimistic about the MCU's future and it might be better to scrap phase 5, wait a few years and do a hard reboot.
Hahahaha!

Last edited by neatoman; 11-04-2022 at 04:43 PM.
Old 07-22-2022, 07:18 PM   #16
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProphetofGanja View Post
yeah wtf? I was excited for this when I thought it would detail MCU Spidey's beginnings, but now I'm less excited. Just kind of "meh" now
It would have been neat to see his beginnings. Also, what happened to the MCU Uncle Ben.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2022, 06:00 AM   #17
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Apparently there's been major lay offs and much of season two won't have the same animators, word is there's no real appetite for animation from Disney
Old 11-04-2022, 11:20 AM   #18
AquaParade
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
Actually, I'm kind of relieved that this isn't really part of the MCU, I was bit annoyed when I first heard that all the shows minus the X-Men ones were just going to be MCU-related.

Don't take this the wrong way but... The MCU should probably wrap up and die so a reboot can take it's place. Black Widow wasn't good, Shang-Chi was mediocre at best, Eternals was straight up trash, Multiverse of Madness was off and Thor 4 was a bit too awkward. No Way Home was good though but phase 4 being 84% bad movies and something tells me Black Panther 2, Ant-Man 3 and Captain Marvel are probably going to suck too. Not too optimistic about the MCU's future and it might be better to scrap phase 5, wait a few years and do a hard reboot.
I agree about the quality of phase 4 but I don't think a break before a reboot is possible right now. They are in way too deep, with merchandising, parks, and everything else that orbits around the success of the MCU.

I think they need to pull back greatly though. Two movies a year, two shows a year, and a special on Disney Plus. Reign this **** in because the quality has taken a nose-dive. Going back to watch Civil War or Infinity War is a breath of fresh air compared to what they've been putting out.

Also, Victoria Alonso is probably losing power everyday. It seems she is big on bringing her personal political point of view to the table as of late and it doesn't seem to be paying off for Marvel. She was also the one trying to convince everyone that "X-Men" is an outdated, sexist name. Bye.
Old 11-04-2022, 03:53 PM   #19
Leo656
The Franchise

Quote:
word is there's no real appetite for animation from Disney
25 years ago, who thought this would ever even be a sentence?

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2022, 03:18 AM   #20
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Disney still plans to release Freshman Year in fall 2024 and will be 'monitoring' the show's reception before they make a decision on the Sophomore Year season

https://www.thecosmiccircus.com/excl...freshman-year/