The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Rise of the TMNT Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 08-08-2020, 09:03 AM   #41
ZariusTwo
Overlord

I did like the first episode of 'Rise', but it just deteriorated after that.
Old 08-08-2020, 09:06 AM   #42
Leo656
The Franchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
I did like the first episode of 'Rise', but it just deteriorated after that.
I don't understand how either of those statements could possibly be true.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Old 08-08-2020, 09:33 AM   #43
CyberCubed
Overlord

I hope I don't sound racist here, but I hope April is white again in the next cartoon.
Old 08-08-2020, 10:05 AM   #44
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
I hope I don't sound racist here, but I hope April is white again in the next cartoon.
I don't think white-washing a character that was originally white is racist, demanding she not turn back to that is more indicative of racism and vain attempts at cultural branding appropriation
Old 08-08-2020, 10:19 AM   #45
lonewarrior20
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Your not, some of the stuff I see when there's a tmnt on 4chans co is just foul. Saying they only hate the series because of april. Hell there's this one guy on there obsessed about how Campbells ruining the idw series yet most of the reasons they list were decisions made by other people but they completely focus on campbells gender being the cause of everything. There's just so much rage and hate for anything that's a little different.
Old 08-08-2020, 10:25 AM   #46
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

I hope Casey will be back to his hockey mask wearing being an actual dude in the next series no more of this gender swapping pc ********
Old 08-08-2020, 10:59 AM   #47
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

We all knew the show was gonna be canceled the minute they only started airing the rest of the episodes on NickToons.
Old 08-08-2020, 11:02 AM   #48
LeotheLateBloomer
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
We all knew the show was gonna be canceled the minute they only started airing the rest of the episodes on NickToons.
Pretty much.
Old 08-08-2020, 11:23 AM   #49
Torterra
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Yeah, everyone knows when they move a cartoon to Nicktoons, Boomerang or Disney XD it's going to be canceled well either that or show it crazy early in the morning (cough Sonic Boom cough)
Old 08-08-2020, 11:24 AM   #50
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

When a show is put on Nicktoons. is the final nail of the coffin.

Sadly I never really got into the show early on due to how it was aimed at a younger audience. I have a couple of episodes that my Tivo recorded when the show used to air on regular Nickelodeon. But I never got around to watching them. There are ways I could watch the show on Nicktoons if I wanted to. But it will end up costing more doing so. I did that when the final episodes of 2k12 were moved to that channel. and I wanted to see them. So I end up paying for a subscription in SlingTV just to see them. But I was paying too much just to watch one channel. I really wish they give an option just to pay for 1 channel because I don't really need the others.
Old 08-08-2020, 11:30 AM   #51
CyberCubed
Overlord

To be honest it always felt like Rise was intended to be a short stop-gap cartoon between the 2012 series and whatever came next. I mean Rise debuted in 2018 and only 2 years later in 2020 its already over. The show barely lasted 2 years, hell it would have lasted far less if there weren't such a huge hiatus of reruns breaks all the time too.

If I remember right Ciro said the 2012 series was greenlit for 5 seasons when it first started, so they knew it was going to last a long time. I wonder why they didn't give Rise the same treatment, like even before it debuted.
Old 08-08-2020, 11:42 AM   #52
Galactus
Foot Elite

My personal theory is that the show that would become Rise of the TMNT Was conceived as something like an animated version of Out Of The Shadows out of the assumption that the movie would be a huge success. When it tanked they hastily reworked it into Rise.
Old 08-08-2020, 11:48 AM   #53
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galactus View Post
My personal theory is that the show that would become Rise of the TMNT Was conceived as something like an animated version of Out Of The Shadows out of the assumption that the movie would be a huge success. When it tanked they hastily reworked it into Rise.
id believe it as Donny and Raph look like their Bay Counterparts in that cartoon IE Raph being the hulk turtle and Donny straped with Tech all over his body
Old 08-08-2020, 11:51 AM   #54
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

That animated movie that's being produced by Seth Rogen could shape what the next TMNT reboot for TV is going to be. If that movie turns out to be successful and people love it. I could see Nickelodeon turning that version into a animated series.
Old 08-08-2020, 01:00 PM   #55
The Turtle Terminator
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Depressingly true
Old 08-08-2020, 01:00 PM   #56
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Shh. Considering how that CGI movie sounds at the moment... the major focus being on the "teenage" part would just get us 'Rise' minus mystic stuff. >.>

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeotheLateBloomer View Post
This! I've always wanted something to not lean so heavily on FW but it's not enough to just be different. It sucks how some people act like you must either join the "More FW" camp or the "Be different" camp without a middle ground option or any context of what we're getting ourselves into if we join either side. It's basically "pick your poison." I know when I want to give things a chance but first impressions are everything to me.
Also this.

Many people have long repeated their reasons for not liking 'Rise' that has nothing to do with the FW show, but "you don't like it because it's not FW!" still continues to be the easy (or should we say lazy) go-to response with their real reasons ignored.

I've never seen someone say they don't like 'Rise' because it isn't FW enough. I dunno, maybe if one searches for it there are casual viewers out there who are only familiar with that show and think that, but their opinion hardly matters nor applies to most long term fans.

I will always like the FW show for what it is. BUT the only show I want to be that show, is that show.

Even if someone did try to bring that show back, something would inevitably be off about it and unappealing anyhow, because that style of show was authentic for its time period, while now it would just seem forced and fake to purposely try to mimic it. (Case in point, when we see 2012's attempt at them in 2D when they're sitting on that rooftop and the worm breaks through into their universe. It was a decent try, but something is still just off about it imo.)

What I want next but probably won't get:
A moderately mature (because we're unlikely to get a fully mature one) serious, half hour, serialized 2D show with designs that lean more toward the the type of visual aesthetics of shows like 2003, not pointy, neon bubble gum Nicktoons, with only well timed, natural humor sprinkled in where appropriate and without any of the stupid antics.

Totally open to new stories and not just rehashing everything all over again (because that does get old)... so long as it's the normal TMNT who are doing it.

I'm of a belief that most versions can at least bring something to the franchise worth keeping. In the case of 'Rise,' it's definitely bringing Mikey back from the brink of idiocy and toning Raph's temper down. Though Raph is a bit bland without that fire, so personally...maybe bring back some of the sarcasm and snarky traits as a replacement. (But for the love of god, let poor Leo an Donnie go back to their normal selves.)

Draxum might be one worth seeing again, and expanded on because ultimately 'Rise' sort of wasted the potential he had as a villain. Same for Mayhem IF there is ever a reasonable place to bring that critter back. Because wow, this show just totally forgot about him.
Old 08-08-2020, 01:22 PM   #57
LeotheLateBloomer
Foot Elite

Did Mayhem disappear or what?
Old 08-08-2020, 01:36 PM   #58
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
I don't understand how either of those statements could possibly be true.
I'm easily suckered in by hyperbole at first glance, I don't know what it is, i kind of thought it was OK, in the same way I caught an early episode of Next Mutation and thought that was OK, and then met with diminishing returns with each subsequent viewing.
Old 08-08-2020, 01:41 PM   #59
AquaParade
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
Tommy? He got banned for saying he didn't like how effeminate the IDW book was becoming to the handler's "face". Another victim of "Corporate". By their decree: Diversity of color/sex/misc. = Good. Diversity of Thought = Unacceptable. So it was, so it remains.

Probably for the best, though. He'd be cackling like a jackal since he's been saying for 8 months or whatever that Rise was over with. Everyone loves to say "I told you so", and I love it more than most, but if he wasn't already Banned, I have a feeling he wouldn't be able to contain himself today. He'd be so overwhelmed with joyous emotions that he'd be kicked out no later than lunchtime, of that I have no doubt. So it's probably better for us all that he just laughs at us from afar, secure in his "victory".
Lmao.

As for whether or not it's a good or bad thing when companies bend to the whims 0f fans, I think it goes both ways. Like, when they listen, it can benefit a movie for the positive, but at the same time it reinforces a sense of doubt in the company by indicating a lack of belief or conviction in their vision.

Now, is the doubt already in place, before the change is made? Yeah, but it still isn't reassuring. I don't want to give myself my own handjob, frankly, even if I'm better at it.
Old 08-08-2020, 02:06 PM   #60
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeotheLateBloomer View Post
Did Mayhem disappear or what?
Looks like his last episode was End Game back in November.
Closed Thread