The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Old 04-22-2012, 01:31 PM   #1
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Watch With The Folks: The Fred Wolf 'Toon

I recently subjected my mother to the first five episodes of my high quality bootleg DVD of the FW 'Toon. Needless to say, she became more than mildly interested. We proceeded from there and we're currently up to the fifth episode of the European Vacation era (we're watching in chronological order, so we're on to Season Four) she often winds me up by pointing out the alarming plot gaffs and has a pretty spot-on impersonation of Krang.

She's been a doll putting up with my endless love of the show, and it's given me an excuse to watch the entire show from beggining to end (a desire I don't have with many "complete series" sets, as I normally just watch my fave eps) knowing I'm making a new fan out of the experiance

So how about you guys? Ever tried watching TMNT with a parent?

Last edited by ZariusTwo; 04-22-2012 at 01:50 PM.
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 01:33 PM   #2
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy

My mother sometimes watched videos of OT with me and my brother.

TurtleTitan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 01:37 PM   #3
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy

Maybe back in the day. I haven't forced it on her since. Now my wife on the other hand, she's gonna be subjected to it soon...

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 01:52 PM   #4
Roseangelo
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
the first five episodes of my high quality bootleg DVD of the FW 'Toon
Is this a detail that you're proud of or something?
Roseangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 01:58 PM   #5
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roseangelo View Post
Is this a detail that you're proud of or something?
Very. It has the missing three. Byatch.
Old 04-22-2012, 02:03 PM   #6
Roseangelo
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
Very. It has the missing three. Byatch.
Non-factor. Having the missing three episodes doesn't require any bootlegs at all, let alone the whole series.
Roseangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 02:12 PM   #7
gobo
Wacky Action

Can't say I've done that. I talk my mom into watching sci-fi shows with me, but she refuses to watch animation unless it's Winnie The Pooh or some similarly toddler-aimed show.

gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 02:16 PM   #8
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

The bootleg is unneccessary. The three missing are on vhs and those that are tech-savy can convert it. Otherwise the vhs itself is fine. I understand between 1998 and 2003 with the lack of Ninja Turtles but still there are ways.

My family never really watched the show with me. My younger brother did on occasion but not often. Its really just been my thing. My family did sit down together when the much antticpated return of the Ninja Turtles on February 8th,2003 and have seen all four of the movies with me at least once .
Old 04-22-2012, 03:18 PM   #9
Icebot
Foot Elite

I watched the show with my father. He only likes the episodes with Bebop and Rocksteady though. We used to watch a lot of episodes that have Bebop and Rocksteady in them. I couldn't get him to watch the 2003 show. Now he has a favorite old toon episode: Atlantis Awakes from season 7. Now whenever he watches a ninja turtles episode, he only wants to see Atlantis Awakes, he never wants to see any other episodes.
Icebot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 04:01 PM   #10
sdp
Megan Fox = April

umm...rose you seem to forget that you bootlegged Turtles Forever from the event you were invited too, so don't try to act high almighty when it comes to morals. Not everyone is going to find "legal" copies of VHS copies just because a company refuses to even take time to see what the heck they are releasing, hell you also mentioned how you didn't need re-releases of turtles games because you had roms of them in your Dingoo... I don't know, just saying, don't mean to start fights but don't be a hypocrite.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 04:10 PM   #11
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

My siblings and I used to watch the OT every morning before school, but we often had to miss most of the ep due to having to leave. Mom used to watch the 2K3 series with me for a while though. That was fun.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 04:34 PM   #12
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by BubblyShell22 View Post
My siblings and I used to watch the OT every morning before school, but we often had to miss most of the ep due to having to leave. Mom used to watch the 2K3 series with me for a while though. That was fun.
Awesome to hear that. Mum and I will be focusing on the 4Kids cartoon when we're done with the old 'toon (though she's balking at the idea that show is "grittier", she likes the frank daftness of the old one)
Old 04-22-2012, 04:48 PM   #13
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
umm...rose you seem to forget that you bootlegged Turtles Forever from the event you were invited too, so don't try to act high almighty when it comes to morals. Not everyone is going to find "legal" copies of VHS copies just because a company refuses to even take time to see what the heck they are releasing, hell you also mentioned how you didn't need re-releases of turtles games because you had roms of them in your Dingoo... I don't know, just saying, don't mean to start fights but don't be a hypocrite.
That was the audio only. Not the same.

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 04:51 PM   #14
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
That was the audio only. Not the same.
I agree. Its a totally different situation and was just the audio. I do thank you,Miss Rose. I listened to it as a lurker back then. It actually made me look forward to it even more.
Old 04-22-2012, 04:54 PM   #15
ZariusTwo
Overlord

It's not different at all, don't pretend otherwise, you still heard the plot and interactions, and there the main thrust of the film, not everything is the visual.
Old 04-22-2012, 05:26 PM   #16
Stingray69
Stone Warrior

When I was still living with the rents me and my dad would watch it together. Now that I have my own house the ole lady and I watch it sometimes before bed. Which at first she hated but is now getting into it but will never admit it.

Last edited by Stingray69; 04-22-2012 at 08:48 PM.
Stingray69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 06:24 PM   #17
pannoni1
Foot Elite

Its still a guilty pleasure of mine, fearing that my parents might feel that watching the OT is a bit to "kiddish", feeling that more adult material is suitable. Hopefully, when the Nick version gets popular, I will give it a shot. I did have Turtles Forever on in front of my mother. She wasn't that interested, but since I mentioned that it was new, didn't seem to mind.

BTW, I was in DC the other day and noticed that one of the Ice Cream stands still has a picture of the Next Mutation turtles on the menu selection.

TMNT FAN CLUB LINK: http://sot.ag/gCjK/

30 years of Turtle Power!
pannoni1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 08:21 PM   #18
Sage Ninja
Band of the Hawk

no one in my family ever really wanted to be involved with my interests growing up. The only thing I could ever get my mother to watch with me, when it was still on, was Gargoyals. She really adored Goliath and his deep, deep, voice and noble disposition. She said the show reminded her of Beauty and the beast, which is her favorite disney movie.

The only family member I was able to get to watch a few episodes of the OT with was my older sister, and that only happened because she was sick on the couch one day and I wanted to watch tv and she refused to move to her room. She mostly made fun of it but she actually laughed out loud a few times at the antics that were going on. She said she liked the bad guys better than the turtles, but she said of the turtles she liked Raphael the most because he was a smart-ass. Anytime Raphael would make some sarcastic remark to Leonardo, (who she decided was a nerd) she enjoyed it. She even said that she always kind of wanted a "thing" to happen between Raphael and April.

And once, way back in the day, she watched a few portions of the old live action movie that I taped off the tv once, and she really liked Casey Jones and April.

Cassandra: You won't fight me, but will you fight...for HIM?

~Cassandra's Revenge

~Tangled the Series

Last edited by Sage Ninja; 04-22-2012 at 08:30 PM.
Sage Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 08:51 PM   #19
Stingray69
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by pannoni1 View Post
Its still a guilty pleasure of mine, fearing that my parents might feel that watching the OT is a bit to "kiddish", feeling that more adult material is suitable. Hopefully, when the Nick version gets popular, I will give it a shot. I did have Turtles Forever on in front of my mother. She wasn't that interested, but since I mentioned that it was new, didn't seem to mind.

BTW, I was in DC the other day and noticed that one of the Ice Cream stands still has a picture of the Next Mutation turtles on the menu selection.
Why would your rents care that your watching cartoons? Its not that uncommon for grown ups to watch cartoons unlike years ago. Hell I work in a plant making car parts and there's lots of guys and woman that watch cartoons.
Stingray69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 09:01 PM   #20
Revan
Han Shot First

To this day, my mom still sings "Count on Us" from COOTS. I haven't watched an episode of the 87 series with her since I was a lad but still... best mom ever.

Tags
fred wolf series