The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 01-07-2018, 03:23 PM   #21
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Quote:
Originally Posted by Refractive Reflections View Post
The real comedy is Stephen Colbert actually considering himself an effective comedian.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
Haven't watched his stuff in years. I used to be a big fan of the Daily Show in 2003-2005. I slowly stopped watching it when Colbert left, funny enough.
Colbert is extremely funny, his Late Show just isn't.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2018, 03:26 PM   #22
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo View Post
Trump himself would probably enjoy this in his free time if he ever got around to watching it. He knows he is a meme and enjoys the popularity.
no he doesn't Trump whines on twitter everytime someone makes fun of him. He is a big baby.
Old 01-07-2018, 03:27 PM   #23
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autbot_Benz View Post
no he doesn't Trump whines on twitter everytime someone makes fun of him. He is a big baby.
He's all in on it.

Shredder could've done more than blow up the Channel Six building. I don't mean as far as murdering Splinter, but think of the possibilities if censors were not an issue.

Shredder and Krang combined had the biggest arsenal of any villains in all of the cartoons.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2018, 03:30 PM   #24
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo View Post
Trump himself would probably enjoy this in his free time if he ever got around to watching it. He knows he is a meme and enjoys the popularity.
Very possible. I've actually been rather surprised he's never said a thing about The President Show, and not expecting this one to be much different. It's poking fun, but without necessarily being "mean" like the "big old meanie media," so I guess he doesn't mind that sort of attention.

Quote:
I'd just watch best moments on youtube or something.
True, if available.

Or maybe it will hit syndication on another channel someday, though by then I doubt it will be as enjoyable.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2018, 03:36 PM   #25
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
Very possible. I've actually been rather surprised he's never said a thing about The President Show, and not expecting this one to be much different. It's poking fun, but without necessarily being "mean" like the "big old meanie media," so I guess he doesn't mind that sort of attention.
Yeah, and plus it would generate publicity for him to respond to it. I mean, if Ted Cruz got attention for telling everyone that Applejack was his favourite My Little Pony character, then there's no way Trump would be scared of the publicity that would come by him offering his thoughts on shows satirizing him

Shredder could've done more than blow up the Channel Six building. I don't mean as far as murdering Splinter, but think of the possibilities if censors were not an issue.

Shredder and Krang combined had the biggest arsenal of any villains in all of the cartoons.
Old 01-07-2018, 03:47 PM   #26
Redeemer
Technodrome Technician

Quote:
A cartoon making fun of Obama? Seems unlikely unless, as the years go by, people begin viewing his legacy as something bad. Also, Obama at least was articulate and never made a fool of himself in public. Certainly not as often as Trump does or even Bush did. Not much material to work with there.
I do agree it unlikely but for a different reason...
I don't think they could our would with major racial backlash by communities and organizations like the NAACP and we know how sensitive they can be

Every president makes a fool of himself from time to time, not as much as Trump, Bush probably had my favorite moment with him trying to exit and trying to open a locked door to no avail
Redeemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2018, 05:41 PM   #27
PApagreg
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike Spiegel View Post
Yeah I just watched that video and while I somewhat agree there is a bias towards making fun of the right, one could argue that these men are comedians and Trump is low hanging fruit
Old 01-07-2018, 06:34 PM   #28
CyberCubed
Overlord

Isn't it ironic that Trump got people more into politics than ever before? When Obama became president back in 2008 I barely ever researched what a president did. Then again that was 10 years ago and I was a young 20 year old back then.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2018, 07:45 PM   #29
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Isn't it ironic that Trump got people more into politics than ever before? When Obama became president back in 2008 I barely ever researched what a president did. Then again that was 10 years ago and I was a young 20 year old back then.
Nope, its not ironic at all.

Last edited by FredWolfLeonardo; 01-07-2018 at 07:51 PM.
Old 01-07-2018, 08:24 PM   #30
CyberCubed
Overlord

The text in that pic is actually not the one I used, this is from the movie:

Because this means you're using the wrong word over and over again but you believe that's what it means.
Old 01-07-2018, 08:30 PM   #31
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Because this means you're using the wrong word over and over again but you believe that's what it means.
.....which is exactly what you're doing.... which is kinda ironic in itself.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2018, 08:37 PM   #32
CyberCubed
Overlord

It is from the Princess Bride, look at this clip:

Somehow it achieved meme status.
Old 01-08-2018, 09:21 AM   #33
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
It is from the Princess Bride, look at this clip:

Somehow it achieved meme status.
Did you feel the breeze when it flew over your head?

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 10:39 AM   #34
The Deadman
Foot Elite

Quote:
That's kinda sad.

Last Movie Watched: Hell House LLC (2015).
Last TV Show Watched: Adventures of Sonic The Hedgehog (S1:E29).
The Deadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 11:51 AM   #35
CyberCubed
Overlord

2008 was 10 years ago, I was far less interested in politics than now.
Old 01-28-2018, 05:14 PM   #36
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

No idea if it's worth the watch or not, just stumbled across it and only 3 min into it, but here's the premiere first episode posted for free by Showtime.

IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote