The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 03-15-2005, 07:40 PM   #41
Doppleganger
Stone Warrior

Buy all three seasons? Perhaps. It would be painful to buy season 3 but hey if Disney sees good sales perhaps they would consider continuing it, like they did Family Guy.

An element of the dream actually has come true. "The Clone Wars" that Brooklyn mentioned was actually Thailog and Demona creating the clones in "Redemption".
Old 03-15-2005, 07:43 PM   #42
ZariusTwo
Overlord

I'd stay away from "Goliath Chronicles" Greg only wrote one episode of it before leaving the series, and I doubt he even considers it canon.
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2005, 07:49 PM   #43
Doppleganger
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo
I'd stay away from "Goliath Chronicles" Greg only wrote one episode of it before leaving the series, and I doubt he even considers it canon.
He doesn't. Anyways I'm not sure I'm still deciding. Something tells me it'll be a while (if ever) they'll put that out.
Old 03-15-2005, 07:57 PM   #44
ZariusTwo
Overlord

...Oh yeah, that reminds me of something

A few U.K DVD releases on thier way, one of which is another Disney cartoon...and quite possibly one of the most enduring

Chip'N'Dale: Rescue Rangers vol 1+2

sabans masked rider vol 1
vr troopers vol 4, 5,6 + mega discs
chip n dale vol 1+2
inspector gadget vol 3,4,5,6
rainbow brite vol 3
robocop animated vol 2,3
super mario bros super show vol 3,4,5,6 + mega discs
digimon vol 2,3,4,5
ninja turtles next mutation vol 2,3,4,5
action man vol 3
heathcliff vol 2,3,4,5
superman last son of krypton
batman animated vol 4
transformers RID box 2 (last 19 eps)
watership down vol 1-3
cubix vol 1-3
star wars clone wars vol 1
droids complete
ewoks complete
supercar complete
dan dare vol 1
caspar tv series
conaan the adventurer vol 2,3
marvel superheroes captain america complete box set
marvel superheroes sub mariner complete box set
marvel superheroes thor complete box set
marvel superheroes iron man complete box set
avengers animated complete box set
care bears complete box set.
Old 03-15-2005, 09:58 PM   #45
Kali
Inactive Moderator

I'll definitely buy all of season two, but season three is iffy.

And a lot from Puck’s illusion has come true. The clones, of course. And Alexander. (Of course, that can be argued that he obviously would know Fox was pregnant and probably the name of the baby.) The ultimate destruction of the clock tower. That’s the funny thing about prophecies, they usually come true in a way different than expected.
Kali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2005, 07:58 AM   #46
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy

In the episode it mentions that Fox is helping the Rebels....but isn't Alex middle name Fox....I think they were talking about him...
Sorry if that made no sence....but the TV Tome site says that both Alex and Fox were aiding the rebels...i think they were refrencing one preson...Alexander Fox Xanatos
http://www.tvtome.com/tvtome/servlet...79/epid-48357/

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2005, 08:55 AM   #47
Kali
Inactive Moderator

It's been so long since I've been able to see that episode, so details are sketchy. I do know that his full name is Alexander Fox Xanatos. I think I'm gonna go with Greg's synopsis (the only one I know exactly where it is and don't have to search for). That says that in Future Tense, Fox is Alex's code name. His mother, Fox/Janine, is not shown, or even referred to in that episode that I remember.
Old 03-17-2005, 01:40 PM   #48
Aska_Badoura
Hench Mutant

Quote:
I actually think anything that a creator says about his own characters IS canon.

I mean...a certain TMNT Scrappy Doo character exists, but Pete does'nt acknowledge her, so we don't count her as canon.
Now you stop takin' jabs at me, Zarius. :p

Quote:
Zarius go on over to Fanfiction.net and take a gander at the Gargoyles and TMNT (well any fandom really) I guarantee you you'll find some pretty bad Mary Sues that make Venus tame. Not that I'm saying she's a good character.
LOL, I'm not going there.

To continue the comparison with TMNT2K3... now that I've seen "Same as It Never Was"... it was just as shocking as "Future Tense", and made me cry harder, I think. It was so sad. They're both in that 'babble about it for days' category. I'm emotionally exhausted at the moment.

The Venus Project

LONG in need of an update, but still out there, if you want a look.
'Geek' pic by Allie
Aska_Badoura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2005, 02:17 PM   #49
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aska_Badoura
Now you stop takin' jabs at me, Zarius. :p

LOL, I'm not going there.

To continue the comparison with TMNT2K3... now that I've seen "Same as It Never Was"... it was just as shocking as "Future Tense", and made me cry harder, I think. It was so sad. They're both in that 'babble about it for days' category. I'm emotionally exhausted at the moment.
I think you should, FF.NET is'nt THAT bad

Billions of fanfics....about thirty good ones.
Old 03-17-2005, 02:23 PM   #50
Doppleganger
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo

Quote:
Just as long as you don't mention anything specifically Aska. I'm trying to be good and avoid spoilers.
Old 03-18-2005, 08:36 PM   #51
Aska_Badoura
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Didn't mean that literally. Just didn't want to comment on that. Either way, I'd be saying something stupid.

Quote:
I've been there, and yeah, there's some good ones, and a lot that are a waste of electrons...

Quote:
Just as long as you don't mention anything specifically Aska. I'm trying to be good and avoid spoilers.
Yeah, I just realized yesterday you hadn't seen it yet. But I was trying to avoid mentioning specifics till it airs tomorrow and more people have had a chance to see it.

The Venus Project

'Geek' pic by Allie
Old 03-19-2005, 12:45 PM   #52
Doppleganger
Stone Warrior

Bah! No big deal. Couldn't wait any longer and peeked at the spoilers. When I actually watched the thing I thought "hmm...this is good and all" but I still felt a bit disappointed...

Spoiler:
...it was too similar to "Future Tense".

Last edited by Doppleganger; 03-19-2005 at 12:59 PM.
Doppleganger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2005, 05:27 PM   #53
Duke
Mad Scientist

I have a question about future tense. Why didn't Claw have his wings and shock power?
Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2005, 05:31 PM   #54
Doppleganger
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke
I have a question about future tense. Why didn't Claw have his wings and shock power?
I'm sure he still had his electric shock. As for the wings you have to understand that they had gone through a TERRIBLE war. Broadway lost his eyes. You could probably use your imagination on how Claw lost his wings.
Old 03-21-2005, 05:34 PM   #55
Duke
Mad Scientist

I also had a problem with the whole broadway's loss of eyes. Why did he get stuck w/ a crappy sonar collar while Lex got at least one robotic eye?
Old 03-21-2005, 06:02 PM   #56
Raph's Girl
Dierna Soul, Reporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdMarioBro
Did those jerks at Disney ever release DVD's of this, or are they still considering this the dark bastard child of their past they want to forget because they think animation is for kiddies and are afraid of Soccer Mom mobs.
I have the DVD of the first season of Gargoyles....it came out last November... I am eagerly awaiting for the 2nd season!!

And apperantly if the DVD sales are high enough they'll make one of the spin-offs!!! I hope they make the King Arthur spin-off....

Meanwhile on Stargate(yes there's a connection) the new season ( season 9) will be dealing alot with Arthurian legend.... the first 3 eps of Season 9 is an Avalon saga.... apperantly Merlin was an Ancient (which I guess would mean Oberon was an ancient since he's Merlin's father )

BTW... I write Gargoyles/TMNT fan fic (the first 3 chapters of my main story are just Gargoyles...the TMNT are introduced in chapter 4)....My character, Dierna Soul, ends up being Lexington's mate...*G*

I remember when the Gargoyles series originally came out....it was family time... my mom and I would sit in front of the tv and drool over Lexington.....
Old 03-21-2005, 08:54 PM   #57
Duke
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raph's Girl
And apperantly if the DVD sales are high enough they'll make one of the spin-offs!!! I hope they make the King Arthur spin-off....
I was always a huge fan of Pendragon and Griff
Old 03-21-2005, 11:47 PM   #58
Aska_Badoura
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Why didn't Claw have his wings and shock power?
Amputation, so sayeth Greg, LOL. Can't remember if it's on his "Ask Greg", or if he said it in the chat room before that was established, but I remember him saying that. As for the electricity, I think he just didn't have an occasion to use it. I need to watch it again, it's been a looooong time since I saw it.

Quote:
I also had a problem with the whole broadway's loss of eyes. Why did he get stuck w/ a crappy sonar collar while Lex got at least one robotic eye?
He may not have wanted any robotics done to him. It is kinda creepy, especially to a non-techno type.

Ya know, there's spoilers here and stuff, watch your step beyond this point, although if you're interested in this thread at all, you've probably already seen "Future Tense"...

Actually, I kind of enjoyed that "Same as It Never Was" was so much like "Future Tense". Although "FT" completely freaked me out when it first aired, the concept was very interesting. At least in "SaINW", the Shredder really was the Shredder.

The Venus Project

'Geek' pic by Allie
Old 03-22-2005, 12:57 PM   #59
Kali
Inactive Moderator

It could also be that Broadway just took too much damage for cybernetics to be of any help. However, he and Lex do have a conversation about his sonar collar that makes me think that he hasn't had it that long. When Lex is trying to help him navigate their landing, and Broadway says that the collar's working fine. It was probably just way to explain the collar, and how Broadway could manage without his sight, but maybe his injury was fairly recent and that’s the best they could do under the circumstances.

In all honestly, I know that “Shock Value” is the true answer, but this is far more fun.
Old 03-24-2005, 04:35 AM   #60
BartAllen
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSpengler
Incredible program. I really wish Kieth David would do more cartoons, he has an amazingly creepy voice.

I'm looking forward to a season 2 DVD, should Disney ever announce that.
I couldnt of typed it better myself
BartAllen is offline   Reply With Quote