The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Old 06-30-2018, 07:47 AM   #1
Shellington
Foot Soldier

What superpowers should the Turtles wield?

The Turtles have had a wide arsenal of superpowers over their history - gravity control, turning into ooze, cyborg/robot abilities, super speed and so forth. What other superpowers do you think the Turtles can have?

GENERAL
Hydrokinesis - control over water (suitable for aquatic beings)
Geokinesis - control over earth (suitable for land-dwelling beings)

LEONARDO
I can see Leo as a Jedi, his mind is clear and focused usually so that makes him a good leader. (Jedi is also Buddhism-inspired)

So I think he can do super-speed and telekinesis.

RAPHAEL
I see Raph as being a berserker easily, he's got anger issues.

I see him going into a rage and becoming a Hulk or reverting to a feral nature and tearing through Foot ninjas like lava.

DONATELLO
I actually think Donnie as the tech dude has some great skills. He was a robot, a cyborg, and recently possesses tech on his staff and shell. I can't really think of anything where he's concerned, since he's had some cool stuff already.

MICHELANGELO
Making energy constructs (he's a creative dude)

I see Mikey as someone with the most potential, who could be the most dangerous if he wasn't so nice and laidback.

What superpowers do you think the Turtles could wield, either together or individually?
"And we're teenagers." Mikey, the Teenager
Shellington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2018, 04:14 PM   #2
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

None. Absolutely none at all.
Old 06-30-2018, 04:45 PM   #3
Powder
So tired of this place

Ideally, none.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2018, 04:51 PM   #4
PApagreg
Mad Scientist

They can use ninja justsu(illusions, shadow clones, summoning of animals, power cancelling and origami like magic) but no other superpowers
Old 07-01-2018, 12:54 AM   #5
Shellington
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by PApagreg View Post
They can use ninja justsu(illusions, shadow clones, summoning of animals, power cancelling and origami like magic) but no other superpowers
So, Naruto-style abilities then. Sounds fair to me.

Also, if anyone recalls the anime stories NINJA SCROLL and BASILISK, there were some incredible abilities there too (eyes killing technique, living tattoos, etc).
"And we're teenagers." Mikey, the Teenager
Shellington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 02:48 AM   #6
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

None. Unless you mean the Superturtles who live on an alternate Earth in the 4 Kids series.
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 04:13 AM   #7
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

I'm fine with tmnt having superpowers as long as everyone around them has even more superpowers which woud make their struggle for survival real.

Shredder could've done more than blow up the Channel Six building. I don't mean as far as murdering Splinter, but think of the possibilities if censors were not an issue.

Shredder and Krang combined had the biggest arsenal of any villains in all of the cartoons.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 11:59 AM   #8
PApagreg
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shellington View Post
So, Naruto-style abilities then. Sounds fair to me.

Also, if anyone recalls the anime stories NINJA SCROLL and BASILISK, there were some incredible abilities there too (eyes killing technique, living tattoos, etc).
Not just Naruto techniques but chunin exams level of techniques where things werent too crazy. I dont want to see OP eyes or people slashing the moon in half.Also if not Naruto then I could see Nen fitting into the TMNT world nicely
PApagreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 12:09 PM   #9
sdp
Megan Fox = April

I'd imagine something like the special attacks that they have in Tournament Fighters.

It seems like Rise will already give us pseudo-powers though.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 12:16 PM   #10
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Nothing. Zero. Zilch.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 09:07 PM   #11
DarkFell
A Crusty Bob Fan

The Turtles never needed super-powers within the comic / movie universe.

Keep them as they were. Let them be the Ninjutsu masters that they should be.
DarkFell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 11:57 PM   #12
LeotheLateBloomer
Foot Elite

Preferably none.
LeotheLateBloomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2018, 06:40 AM   #13
neatoman
Emperor

I'm not sure why they'd need superpowers. Isn't the angle of "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles" interesting enough on it's own?
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2018, 10:00 AM   #14
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
I'd imagine something like the special attacks that they have in Tournament Fighters.
Tournament Fighters could have been done without superpowers.

*Armaggon: Cyber armour with torpadoes (like in the comics)

*Turtles and Shredder: Suriken

*Rat King: Soda bombs

*Wingnut: Throwing stones.

But I know, versus fighting videogames back in 1993 tried to be like Street Fighter II and, later also, Mortal Combat.
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2018, 07:36 PM   #15
dragonside
Hench Mutant

I have a few ideas

Personally, I think matching super powers that would fit their personality seems like good idea, but I would try powers that they have challenge mastering and adds some depth to their personality.

For example:

Raphael
Kinetic manipulation - able to control weapons without holding them (aka levitating). Useful because Raphael is typically bad at medium range and long range. He can instead effectively disarm opponents, and go hand to hand whenever he wants. And of course use flying sais against opponents that he has trouble getting close to or using stealth attacks.

Michelangelo
Telepath - honestly, Michelangelo has dreams to be a superhero in many incarnations. However, its been shown that Michelangelo's affinity to be an effective ninja is much better than even Leo. His problem is mainly focus, so if his power is telepathy, then the struggle to control his mind is real. He can read minds and therefore would be excellent for recon and also need to be strategic.

Donatello
Super strength - this is probably the most ridiculous, but imagine if Donnie had super strength and super intellect. I think he would conflicted as to his role on the battlefield. Between him and Mikey, they have different specialties. Donatello would also struggle to fight to his limits and to even fight beyond them because he is so smart. With this additional strength, Donnie would not be such a pushover in a fight. His tech would be more focused on protection or mobility rather than enhancing his fighting ability.

Leonardo
Shadow powers - As one of the most focused and disciplined Ninja, I think having the ability to hide in the shadows with his powers and even manipulate them. It would be cool if his shadow developed a secondary personality and is actually a split personality of Leonardo (aka Dark Leo).
The power itself is useless to Leo unless he maintains his focus.
dragonside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2018, 10:13 PM   #16
victory_angel
Foot Elite

Leo I can see having psychic powers, maybe some mindreading but there are some catches to it. One this has to be done through meditation. Two he doesn't enter a person mind unless they are open to him, in other words, allow him to enter their mind. Because it's rude to enter someone's mind without permission because it would be akin to reading someone's diary. And two the person whose mind he is entering could have mental defenses in place. And three he has to be in a close proximity to them.

Raph: Berserker force, super strength. The drawback is that the longer and/or the more dependent he with this version of himself the more he loses himself to it.

Donnie: His mind and high intellect would be superpowers. Maybe even the ability to pass through to different dimensions easily, such as how Donnie in the Archie comic was pure of heart and pure of soul and was thus able to pass into the netherworld unscathed. The drawback is with the dimension power is that he has a time limit or a level of frequency over how long he can enter or stay in a dimension. If he stays too long, his body begins to weaken and he will die.

(kinda like how in the "His Dark Materials" trilogy when Lyra and Will are told they are only supposed to live in their true dimension. Because everytime a portal to another dimension was opened bad creatures were born (Spectres of Indifference, but you may as well call them Dementors) and without frequent visits to their respective dimensions they would only live about 10 years at most)

Mikey: I can see being an empath. Because of this, he knows what resides in the hearts of those around him, who he should trust and who he should not. Downsides sometime he would confuse the feelings of someone else for his own. I can also see him having super speed. I can also see him have maybe the power of invisibility or to create forcefields.
Old 07-06-2018, 08:58 AM   #17
PApagreg
Mad Scientist

Going back to the Naruto thing I could see Leo having Shikamarus shadow jutsu, Mikey having Inos mind jutsu, Raph having Chojis body expansion jutsu and Donnie having byakugan or puppets
PApagreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 01:56 PM   #18
pferreira
Foot Elite

Leo - laser beams can shoot out of his swords.

Don - Bo staff acts like a boomerang, always comes back to him.

Raph - magnetic sais that allow him to climb up metal.

Mike - the chain part of his nunchucks can stretch out so that it can be used as a rope to tie up someone or to help someone.

Apologies if all this sounds daft but...it would be cool.
pferreira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 07:56 PM   #19
frank_one
Mad Scientist

There is no reason for them to have superpowers, they are not superheroes. No one seams to get it.
frank_one is offline   Reply With Quote