The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 10-23-2016, 04:01 PM   #941
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
What's your issue with X1? It was pretty lean and X-like, beyond Rogue.
Professor X gets his ass kicked like a punk. Cyclops is pathetic; Storm is barely better. Wolverine kinda gets his ass handed to him a little too easily, too. I don't buy Toad and Sabretooth as real threats at all; they seem pretty mediocre.

Rogue, Wolverine, and Iceman were all good. Xavier, too, when he wasn't going out like a b!tch. Jean Grey was a'ight. Magneto and Mystique were great.

So I guess, stacking all that up, the bad just outweighs the good for me.
Old 10-24-2016, 10:30 AM   #942
TheSkeletonMan939
A New Day, A New Headache

Quote:
James Mangold already said it's after that.
One year after that. I wonder if they realize the irony of Logan going back in time to save mutantkind, only for the fate of mutants to be pretty much the same anyway.
TheSkeletonMan939 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2016, 10:35 AM   #943
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSkeletonMan939 View Post
One year after that. I wonder if they realize the irony of Logan going back in time to save mutantkind, only for the fate of mutants to be pretty much the same anyway.
I wonder if the fact there are less mutants, could be due to a virus? in the X-Men comics they had a story that dealt with the Legacy Virus, which only affected mutants.
Old 10-24-2016, 10:37 AM   #944
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

If they're smart, they could attribute Wolverine's sudden aging as his body being "shocked" by suddenly being rejoined by his 1970s mind. But I doubt they'll even address it.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2016, 10:53 AM   #945
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

We know they're going to do "Logan", and that they wanted to do "Gambit." But it seems like Gambit is dead in the water, and "Apocalypse" came in $200 million short of its predecessor "Days of Future Past" (even with a smaller budget).

"Deadpool 2", apparently, hit a bump on the road but it's still undoubtedly going to happen. "X-Force" died down a couple of years ago, with nothing since. Probably dead. "New Mutants" is still happening, as far as I know. Maybe it'll do okay?

And Singer wants to do a 90's sequel to X-A.

My point is this: "Logan" isn't a relaunch point, it's a capstone; an end to an era. Fox had the chance to reinvent the franchise with "First Class" but chose to go back to Singer, with mixed and apparently diminishing results. "Deadpool" can't be brought into the franchise's main roster; that will never work.

So unless "New Mutants" successfully reinvigorates the X-universe as a whole (like "First Class" did before it), can we finally be rid of Singer for good, even if he gets one last boring hurrah with the 90's flick?
Old 10-24-2016, 11:01 AM   #946
TheSkeletonMan939

If they do 'New Mutants' it would probably be with the X-23 character they're establishing with Wolverine.
Singer doing a '90s X-Men movie would be sooo stupid. I mean, come ON. The first X-Men film takes place in 2000. What horrible event would have to happen to James McAvoy to age into Patrick Stewart so quickly, and Fassbender into McKellen?

I hope this franchise self-destructs sooner than later... I don't like watching things die slowly and in pain. Unless it's BayTurtles.
Old 10-24-2016, 11:10 AM   #947
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
If they do 'New Mutants' it would probably be with the X-23 character they're establishing with Wolverine.
Singer doing a '90s X-Men movie would be sooo stupid. I mean, come ON. The first X-Men film takes place in 2000. What horrible event would have to happen to James McAvoy to age into Patrick Stewart so quickly, and Fassbender into McKellen?

I hope this franchise self-destructs sooner than later... I don't like watching things die slowly and in pain. Unless it's BayTurtles.
Imagine if Matthew Vaughn had been allowed to keep the reins. There would be a clean delineation between the Singer series and the reboot series with NO idiot logic choices and good writing.

The Wolverine could have been allowed to be its own thing without setting up DOFP and maybe we would've been spared TransformersRoboSamuari.

We could have naturally built to Cyclops, Jean, and Storm and given them real development and stories. Same for the Phoenix. Emma Frost could've been recast and kept on the board. We could've eventually had a recast, better Rogue. We could have had Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver. MAYBE characters wouldn't look the same even after 20 years have passed in-story.

We wouldn't have been subjected to "each sequel must be BIGGER RRAWR APOCALYPSE!" who did absolutely f'ing nothing.

Sigh. What might have been.
Old 10-24-2016, 11:14 AM   #948
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

I don't suspect we'll even end up seeing that 90s Singer movie now. I expect it'll be some kind of "I feel like I told the story I wanted to tell in the new trilogy so I'll leave the reins to others now" affair, with him aboard in some meaningless co-producer role as others have to try and clean up his mess.

But actually after Deadpool, I wouldn't be surprised if the core X-Men films just go dormant. Deadpool was a game-changer. I wouldn't be surprised if (a super edgy and loud) X-Force is resurrected with Deadpool as a linchpin character... some kind of, "We're cooller than the X-Men" group. You know, using Deadpool as sort of the Iron Man to set up their new and improved cinematic universe. Then a reconceptualized, super gritty version of Gambit (I'm sure when Deadpool did gangbusters, the version of Gambit they had in the launch bay suddenly looked pretty tame and weak). Then maybe an in-your-face version of Generation X. Then maybe about that time (when all of these fail), maybe, there would be serious talk of working with Marvel.
Old 10-24-2016, 11:16 AM   #949
TheSkeletonMan939

Imagine if the X-Men were in the MCU. Kitty Pryde could team up with Peter Parker. Daredevil could fight the Hand alongside the Wolverine. Quicksilver could have been useful.
Old 10-24-2016, 11:19 AM   #950
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Imagine if the X-Men were in the MCU. Kitty Pryde could team up with Peter Parker. Daredevil could fight the Hand alongside the Wolverine. Quicksilver could have been useful.
I think it'd be funny, if Fox struck a deal with Marvel, how quickly the MCU would be like, "Oh, the Inhumans? Ehhh... about those... we'll just set them right back over here now."
Old 10-24-2016, 11:22 AM   #951
TheSkeletonMan939

Say, is anyone going to watch that new X-Men TV series? I know I'm not. I get the feeling it'll be like Agents of SHIELD, but duller.
Old 10-24-2016, 11:34 AM   #952
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Say, is anyone going to watch that new X-Men TV series? I know I'm not. I get the feeling it'll be like Agents of SHIELD, but duller.
Nah. It seems interesting but... I'm more interested in watching the Fantastic Four movie the MCU gets to make in exchange for Fox's TV rights.

Quote:
I think it'd be funny, if Fox struck a deal with Marvel, how quickly the MCU would be like, "Oh, the Inhumans? Ehhh... about those... we'll just set them right back over here now."
They absolutely would. And we'd ALL be better off for it. Screw the Inhumans.

Quote:
I don't suspect we'll even end up seeing that 90s Singer movie now. I expect it'll be some kind of "I feel like I told the story I wanted to tell in the new trilogy so I'll leave the reins to others now" affair, with him aboard in some meaningless co-producer role as others have to try and clean up his mess.

But actually after Deadpool, I wouldn't be surprised if the core X-Men films just go dormant. Deadpool was a game-changer. I wouldn't be surprised if (a super edgy and loud) X-Force is resurrected with Deadpool as a linchpin character... some kind of, "We're cooller than the X-Men" group. You know, using Deadpool as sort of the Iron Man to set up their new and improved cinematic universe. Then a reconceptualized, super gritty version of Gambit (I'm sure when Deadpool did gangbusters, the version of Gambit they had in the launch bay suddenly looked pretty tame and weak). Then maybe an in-your-face version of Generation X. Then maybe about that time (when all of these fail), maybe, there would be serious talk of working with Marvel.
I absolutely agree. Singer said he'd do another one, but I'm willing to bet it doesn't happen. If it does, THAT one will undoubtedly be the last. He's done.

And yeah, we're going to see a bunch of spin-offs now; no more core roster movies. Logan 2 might just happen. Deadpool 2 and even X-Force. But no more X-Men movies. They're done.
Old 10-24-2016, 11:49 AM   #953
TheSkeletonMan939

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
Nah. It seems interesting but... I'm more interested in watching the Fantastic Four movie the MCU gets to make in exchange for Fox's TV rights.
I'm with you there brother!

Quote:
Logan 2 might just happen.
Oh please no. I love Jackman as Wolvie, I really do, but there has to be a stopping point somewhere.
Old 10-24-2016, 12:01 PM   #954
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
I'm with you there brother! http://dailydieseldose.com/wordpress...eadbanging.gif

Oh please no. I love Jackman as Wolvie, I really do, but there has to be a stopping point somewhere.
How could Fox NOT try to bring him back? The main X-Men film series is a mess and starting to sink.

They've got Deadpool and that's it. They're gonna throw Jackman as much cash as possible to try to bring him back. Maybe for X-Force?
Old 10-24-2016, 12:30 PM   #955
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
How could Fox NOT try to bring him back? The main X-Men film series is a mess and starting to sink.

They've got Deadpool and that's it. They're gonna throw Jackman as much cash as possible to try to bring him back. Maybe for X-Force?
Unless Logan does Deadpool numbers, nah, I don't see them trying to twist Jackman's arm. Deadpool did over 200 million more than "Apocalypse" on a tiny, tiny fraction of the budget... that is the new Fox business model. For example, "The Wolverine" had over twice the budget of Deadpool and literally made half as much money. Even if "Logan" makes a little more money than "The Wolverine," that's still peanuts comparatively.

For Singer, I'm sure the box office of Apocalypse surprised the hell out of him. He probably dropped his pen right there and then in the middle of writing the 90s version of the "Quicksilver saves everybody scene." Even if Fox would let him do another X-Men film, I think at this point he'd be pretty leery about it with the bottom falling out with Apocalypse. Until Apocalypse, Bryan Singer was "the guy whose movies don't make money unless they're X-Men movies"... if the 90s X-Men movie tanks, he knows he would quickly become "the guy whose movies don't make any money, even X-Men movies." And he would fast find himself in director jail.
Old 11-16-2018, 10:52 AM   #956
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Oscar Isaac doesn't look fondly back on Apocalypse:

http://www.darkhorizons.com/oscar-is...6QCJd17a5P1bJM
Old 11-16-2018, 11:07 AM   #957
ZariusTwo
Overlord

I'm not surprised. There's only one Ivan Ooze.
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2018, 11:09 AM   #958
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Oscar Isaac doesn't look fondly back on Apocalypse:

http://www.darkhorizons.com/oscar-is...6QCJd17a5P1bJM
Obvious opinion is obvious. Why WOULD he?
Old 04-29-2020, 07:56 PM   #959
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

lol, Olivia Munn is going off on Bryan Singer for disappearing from the set, leaving his assistants to film parts of the movie:

https://www.darkhorizons.com/munn-br...-during-x-men/
Old 04-29-2020, 07:58 PM   #960
Leo656
The Franchise

Uhhhh, Singer's a huge crystal meth addict, it's kinda what they do.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote