The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

View Poll Results: Turtles Forever OR Trans-Dimensional Turtles?
Turtles Forever 63 60.00%
Trans-Dimensional Turtles 42 40.00%
Voters: 105. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-17-2016, 12:52 PM   #61
FredWaffles01
New Recruit

I personally liked Turtles Forever Better. TDT was great but it felt a bit rushed. Also the flash animation kind of bothered me. The main problem I had was Krang's retcon into the 2k12 universe as a member of the Kraang (mainly because he's my favorite character). I always thought of Kraang Prime as being the 2k12 version of Krang. I still loved TDT because it had the original cast and it didn't really flanderize the '87 turtles. Overall, I like Turtles Forver better because of the animation quality in the 80's universe, amount of 80s characters, and length of the special. The voices didn't bother me that much except for 80s Leo and Krang.
FredWaffles01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2016, 01:12 PM   #62
ABrown
Banned

I can't believe that after 75 votes, more than a third of the people voted for Trans-Dimensional Turtles. I mean I was expecting Turtles Forever to win, but I thought that there would be less than 10% votes for TDT.
ABrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2016, 08:31 PM   #63
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABrown View Post
I can't believe that after 75 votes, more than a third of the people voted for Trans-Dimensional Turtles. I mean I was expecting Turtles Forever to win, but I thought that there would be less than 10% votes for TDT.
Pat Fraley. Nuff said

Shredder could've done more than blow up the Channel Six building. I don't mean as far as murdering Splinter, but think of the possibilities if censors were not an issue.

Shredder and Krang combined had the biggest arsenal of any villains in all of the cartoons.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2016, 09:05 PM   #64
Shark_Blade
Emperor

Turtles forever? Ew, they're not even the original cast. And they treated OT turtles like idiot children. Disgusting.

No more 2k3 turtles to be heard after that. Nick pretend they don't even exist. Justice.
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2016, 10:11 PM   #65
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark_Blade View Post
Turtles forever? Ew, they're not even the original cast. And they treated OT turtles like idiot children. Disgusting.

No more 2k3 turtles to be heard after that. Nick pretend they don't even exist. Justice.
Be careful thy comrade, for thou shall be seriously confronted by those who will accuse you of taking the OT with too much seriousness, after they are done complaning about how many flaws made thine loved show a lame piece of crap.

Shredder could've done more than blow up the Channel Six building. I don't mean as far as murdering Splinter, but think of the possibilities if censors were not an issue.

Shredder and Krang combined had the biggest arsenal of any villains in all of the cartoons.

Last edited by FredWolfLeonardo; 05-18-2016 at 10:22 PM.
Old 05-18-2016, 10:24 PM   #66
Foombamaroom
Lord of Cinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo View Post
Be careful thy comrade, for thou shall be seriously confronted by those who will accuse you of taking the OT with too much seriousness, after they are done complaning about how many flaws made thine loved show a lame piece of crap.
I'm waiting for a certain 'Drome member to show up. You basically blew into the horn that calls them.
Foombamaroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2016, 12:10 AM   #67
Shark_Blade
Emperor

I thanketh thee f'r the fair warning. The sooth hurts liketh a loveth sonnet lol.

I shalt brace myself f'r the hurricane to cometh.
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2016, 01:03 AM   #68
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark_Blade View Post
I thanketh thee f'r the fair warning. The sooth hurts liketh a loveth sonnet lol.

I shalt brace myself f'r the hurricane to cometh.
Good luck soldier.

Old 05-23-2016, 09:44 PM   #69
Yabuturtle
Stone Warrior

TT portrayed the 87 turtles in a better way. They were not only a lot less annoying unlike TF, but they were also a lot more competent instead of being pushed around like in TF. They actually held their own against The Kraang and Kraang Subprime.

I did not however like the idea of retconning Krang's origin. I actually heard that Krang was supposed to be the main villain of the 2012 series and that he was actually behind the entire Kraang idea, hence why they are all refereed to as "Kraang"

Krang was never from 3D Dimension X. He was originally from Dimension X as that is his native home as he explained in the 87 show. Plus they made it clear he had a body. The Kraang are mutated Utroms basically. Plus Krang doesn't even look like any of the other Kraang. His eyes are lavender, has a more pinkish hue, has less tentacles and his a bit bigger. Not to mention his mouth looks different. Strangely they made Krang more threatening and also a joke in this special.

He was strong enough to do some damage to the Turtles when he grew into a giant. (Which makes me wonder why he even takes orders from the Kraang if he can grow to the size of Godzilla.) But they also made him somewhat incompetent as he was a Kraang that was a screw up and was banished. But if you look at the 87 show Krang himself really wasn't THAT incompetent. In fact many of his plans would have succeeded if it wasn't for Bebop and Rocksteady and their incompetence, or Shredder interfering because of his obsession with getting revenge on the Turtles

And I felt that him trying to destroy realities was a bit out of character. That's something Shredder might do due to his obsession with the Turtles, but Krang couldn't care less about them. He didn't like them, but he wasn't obsessed with them like Shredder was. He's world conqueror not a destroyer and he's more interested in ruling than destroying things.

I feel like Krang should have been the main villain, even being in control of the Kraang themselves.
Yabuturtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2016, 04:22 AM   #70
Refractive Reflections
Mad Scientist

When it comes to plot and animation, it would be 4Kids, but in terms of OT characterization and voice acting it would be Nick. The OT characterization in TF was very poorly handled to the point of making their characters unnecessary. The TF characterization frequently distracts from the show's narrative and tone, in Trans-dimensional Turtles the tone and narrative are more seamless in introducing and transitioning between the two universes. If I had to choose, I would go with Trans-dimensional Turtles despite its thin plot.
Refractive Reflections is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2016, 08:22 AM   #71
ssjup81
Foot Elite

Turtles Forever had a great story and good animation, but the OT Turtles annoyed the living hell out of me. I wanted Utrom Shredder to just stomp them or something. Their characterizations were so far off, it's ridiculous. It truly did feel like 4Kids had a vendetta against the old series. I think I would've enjoyed it more, if it would've felt more like two teams working together...both competent and stuff. It felt like they dumbed down the OT group to make the 2k3 group look better by comparison, and imo, that's unfair to both groups. It felt very unbalanced.

As for TDT, it was okay and it was great that they got the original voice cast back (I've said for a long time, that I would like to hear Nick Donnie talking with OT Raph jokingly....finally got it and glad they pointed out how similar they sounded lol; I've always liked stuff like that...it also happened in Detective Conan with Conan's character). Liked the jokes and Nick Raph going on about how lame the fight was when OT Mikey pulled out his grappling hook to trip up Krang. I'm not sure, but I interpreted it as their way of saying, the censorship and toning down of the show after the first season was straight up lame. I know I felt that way when they started fazing out Michelangelo's nunchaku for his grappling hook as a kid. Felt like a jab at that, not the actual OT Turtles, because...it was true. That's how it was. They couldn't use their weapons much after a while, and they had to find alternative ways of fighting.

Oh, I liked the fact that the OT Turtles were actually competent and took things seriously. Even in the original, they wouldn't be cracking jokes and acting silly during an enemy battle.

As for the Krang thing...I'm iffy about that. I like the idea that Krang was banished to earth for being a screw up...but at the same time, it's a bit off because he had all those Rock Soldiers at his command waiting to invade. It was strongly implied that he was an evil warlord type before his banishment and how he once had a body but lost it or however that went....although, even in the OT, they weren't consistent with that. Either way, I didn't care for the retconning of that at all.

One thing I did dislike, aside from the Krang retcon thing (sorta) was the pizza thing. In TF, they ran out in the open to eat pizza. In Wormquake, they were eating pizza, in broad daylight, up on a rooftop. In TDT, they nearly ran out to get some pizza until the Nick Turtles pulled them back. I can't help but wonder why this is a running gag, when they didn't do this in the original show. They usually wore the trench coats and the fedoras. The OT turtles usually didn't hang out in broad daylight unless something drew them out. Going to a pizza place without their disguises (or those creepy masks) wasn't a thing. Okay, I'll stop being nitpicky....but I will say one thing about the trench coats...I loved Nick Raph's jab at that...back in season 2. "That tracker is as useless as a trench coat on a turtle." I think that was the line. lol

If choosing...I'd probably go with TDT, only because it felt like an actual team up and not a "We're better than you" type set up.
ssjup81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2016, 10:13 AM   #72
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

Dimension X

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yabuturtle View Post
Krang was never from 3D Dimension X. He was originally from Dimension X as that is his native home as he explained in the 87 show. Plus they made it clear he had a body. The Kraang are mutated Utroms basically. Plus Krang doesn't even look like any of the other Kraang. His eyes are lavender, has a more pinkish hue, has less tentacles and his a bit bigger. Not to mention his mouth looks different. Strangely they made Krang more threatening and also a joke in this special.
It's the same Dimension X, just different parts.
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2016, 02:26 PM   #73
pferreira
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjup81 View Post
Turtles Forever had a great story and good animation, but the OT Turtles annoyed the living hell out of me. I wanted Utrom Shredder to just stomp them or something. Their characterizations were so far off, it's ridiculous. It truly did feel like 4Kids had a vendetta against the old series. I think I would've enjoyed it more, if it would've felt more like two teams working together...both competent and stuff. It felt like they dumbed down the OT group to make the 2k3 group look better by comparison, and imo, that's unfair to both groups. It felt very unbalanced.
The 2K3 show was the most recent show and had the same production team behind it so they of course wanted to make them look good.
pferreira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2016, 02:58 PM   #74
Yabuturtle
Stone Warrior

I'm not exactly sure how they made Krang both a threat and a joke in this special. He was strong enough to do some damage to the Nick turtles especially as a giant but it doesn't make sense to change his entire backstory. Not that he had THAT big of a backstory, as most of it was a mystery but they made it very clear he had a body at one point and was from 2 dimension Dimension X not 3D Dimension X. They are somewhat similar but they made it clear these were 2 different kinds of dimensions much like 2d Earth and 3d Earth.

Wasn't Krang the rule of an entire dimension practically. He's ruled over countless races and destroyed entire worlds and had a huge army of rock soldiers. Plus Krang can grow to the size of Godzilla. It doesn't make sense from him to take orders from the Kraang when he should be more than powerful enough to handle them

They made it seem as if Krang was always incompetent when really he wasn't in the series. Most of his plans would have worked well if it wasn't for Bebop and Rocksteady fouling up or Shredder interfering because of his obsession over the turtles.

It would have been much cooler and made way more sense for Krang to be behind the entire Kraang. That he was both the main villain of the 87 and 12 series. Anyone remember the episode where Krang cloned himself? When I first heard Krang would be in the crossover, I thought it was going to be revealed that Krang created a race of beings from his genetic material and command them to enslave other worlds from other dimensions. I also thought that maybe that's why they were all referred to as Kraang because they are named after Krang.

This would have been a great opportunity to show Krang to be a much bigger threat, even more so than ever before, but he got tossed aside by Kraang Subprime. At least they made the OT turtles less annoying and more competent.
Old 05-26-2016, 05:00 PM   #75
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

I used to see it differently, but now I see OT and Nick Dimension X as the same place. Dimension X is such a vast and wacky place, that I see some parts in 2D and other 3D. Both the OT and Nick turtles, Krang and Kraang Subprime make no distinction between the two and Subprime even stated that he banished Krang straight to 2D earth from Dimension X instead of banishing him to another version of Dimension X. Unlike Earth, which is referred to as 2D or 3D, Dimension X is just called Dimension X, nothing more.

Personally, I like the concept of the OT and Nick's Dimension X being the same place that both teams of turtles have visited on various occassions, making the two universes connected. I consider transdimensional turtles and the whole Nick show as canon to the OT with all its OT cameos, and having the same Dimension X in my opinion, but I don't see turtles forever as canon to the old cartoon despite the fact that I enjoyed it.

Last edited by FredWolfLeonardo; 05-26-2016 at 05:08 PM.
Old 05-28-2016, 06:35 PM   #76
Yabuturtle
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo View Post
I used to see it differently, but now I see OT and Nick Dimension X as the same place. Dimension X is such a vast and wacky place, that I see some parts in 2D and other 3D. Both the OT and Nick turtles, Krang and Kraang Subprime make no distinction between the two and Subprime even stated that he banished Krang straight to 2D earth from Dimension X instead of banishing him to another version of Dimension X. Unlike Earth, which is referred to as 2D or 3D, Dimension X is just called Dimension X, nothing more.

Personally, I like the concept of the OT and Nick's Dimension X being the same place that both teams of turtles have visited on various occassions, making the two universes connected. I consider transdimensional turtles and the whole Nick show as canon to the OT with all its OT cameos, and having the same Dimension X in my opinion, but I don't see turtles forever as canon to the old cartoon despite the fact that I enjoyed it.
I would think these dimensions are two different ones. I thought they might be the same Dimension X but they seem different to me.

First, they said Krang ruled Dimension X or at least a large portion of it. Most creatures knew who Krang was at the time. All the times Krang traveled through Dimension X and we never once saw any other members of his race? He made it clear he had a body before but the Kraang don't have any bodies.

Aside from The Dimension X from the 2012 series being in 3D, it is also different from the 2D dimension X. The space background is different, as space in 2d Dimension X has a reddish color while 3D dimension x has a pinkish color to it. There are two technodromes, one on the 87 series and the other from the 12 series and I was under the impression there was just one Technodrome.

Also in TDT, Krang said he was being allowed to "go home" to Dimension X. But why would he say that? He's been to Dimension X countless times before and since he's spent a considerable amount of time there, you would think the Kraang would show up and boot him out again or interact with him in some way, shape or form. Also, Krang doesn't even look like the other Krang. The other Kraang have a different color to them, have more tentacles, different kinds of mouths and they have green eyes, unlike Krang who has lavender eyes. Besides if there can be two different kinds of Earths, why can't there be two different kinds of Dimension X?

Also how was he a screw up when he was known to be a rather fearsome warlord from Dimension X and ruled a considerable amount of territory there. Plus Krang himself wasn't so concerned about mutating everyone like the Kraang were.

The other problem I had was the Krang was trying to blow up realities which I thought was out of character. He did blow up planets, as he destroyed Berserko's home world, but he was more concerned with ruling overs and not trying to destroy entire dimensions just to wipe out the Turtles. That's something Shredder might do, but as obsessed as he is with the Turtles, he probably wouldn't go far. At least 1987 Shredder wouldn't. Chrell would as he tried to do in Turtles Forever.

But Krang himself didn't care about the Turtles. He didn't like them but he wasn't obsessed with getting revenge like Shredder was. Speaking of that, where was 1987 Shredder, Bebop and Rocksteady. It is somewhat strange to see Krang with out Shredder. But IDW has done that before so I guess it's not that strange, but there, they were enemies. In the 1987 show they are allies.

Also where does this even take place in the 1987 universe? I'm assuming it takes place before the Red Sky seasons, since Krang has his robot body and the Turtles don't have the Red Sky design. The Technodrome is in Dimension X, so maybe the 5th Season or 2nd season? Not sure

It's also a minor detail but I've noticed in TDT Krang doesn't have his red gloves when he's 2D but when he enters into the 3D universe, he has his red gloves. In the 1987 show he had both ungloved and gloved hands and he didn't even have his red gloves until the 3rd season. Just a little something I noticed.

Last edited by Yabuturtle; 05-28-2016 at 10:00 PM.
Old 05-28-2016, 08:36 PM   #77
ssjup81
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yabuturtle View Post
I would think these dimensions are two different ones. I thought they might be the same Dimension X but they seem different to me.

First, they said Krang ruled Dimension X or at least a large portion of it. Most creatures knew who Krang was at the time. All the times Krang traveled through Dimension X and we never once saw any other members of his race? He made it clear he had a body before but the Kraang don't have any bodies.

Aside from The Dimension X from the 2012 series being in 3D, it is also different from the 2D dimension X. The space background is different, as space in 2d Dimension X has a reddish color while 3D dimension x has a pinkish color to it. There are two technodromes, one on the 87 series and the other from the 12 series and I was under the impression there was just one Technodrome.

Also in TDT, Krang said he was being allowed to "go home" to Dimension X. But why would he say that? He's been to Dimension X countless times before and since he's spent a considerable amount of time there, you would think the Kraang would show up and boot him out again or interact with him in some way, shape or form. Also, Krang doesn't even look like the other Krang. The other Kraang have a different color to them, have more tentacles, different kinds of mouths and they have green eyes, unlike Krang who has lavender eyes. Besides if there can be two different kinds of Earths, why can't there be two different kinds of Dimension X?

Also how was he a screw up when he was known to be a rather fearsome warlord from Dimension X and ruled a considerable amount of territory there. Plus Krang himself wasn't so concerned about mutating everyone like the Kraang were.

The other problem I had was the Krang was trying to blow up realities which I thought was out of character. He did blow up planets, as he destroyed Berserko's home world, but he was more concerned with ruling overs and not trying to destroy entire dimensions just to wipe out the Turtles. That's something Shreeder might do, but as obsessed as he is with the Turtles, he probably wouldn't go far. At least 1987 Shredder wouldn't. Chrell would as he tried to do in Turtles Forever.

But Krang himself didn't care about the Turtles. He didn't like them but he wasn't obsessed with getting revenge like Shredder was. Speaking of that, where was 1987 Shredder, Bebop and Rocksteady. It is somewhat strange to see Krang with out Shredder. But IDW has done that before so I guess it's not that strange, but there, they were enemies. In the 1987 show they are allies.

Also where does this even take place in the 1987 universe? I'm assuming it takes place before the Red Sky seasons, since Krang has his robot body and the Turtles don't have the Red Sky design. The Technodrome is in Dimension X, so maybe the 5th Season or 2nd season? Not sure

It's also a minor detail but I've noticed in TDT Krang doesn't have his red gloves when he's 2D but when he enters into the 3D universe, he has his red gloves. In the 1987 show he had both ungloved and gloved hands and he didn't even have his red gloves until the 3rd season. Just a little something I noticed.
All of this! This is what I was having a problem with. I had no problem with the design of Dimension X, whether it was 2D or 3D, but I did have a problem with how Krang was brought into the ep. OT Krang was a warlord in Dimension X and he'd attacked places and overtook them. I wish they could've handled that better for this crossover.
ssjup81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2016, 09:57 PM   #78
Yabuturtle
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjup81 View Post
All of this! This is what I was having a problem with. I had no problem with the design of Dimension X, whether it was 2D or 3D, but I did have a problem with how Krang was brought into the ep. OT Krang was a warlord in Dimension X and he'd attacked places and overtook them. I wish they could've handled that better for this crossover.
Thank you I wish they made Krang into a bigger threat. Like a serious threat. I was hoping that Krang was the main villain. I thought he was giving orders at first when Subprime brought the Turtles to the Technodrome, to which Krang says "Subrprime, you blithering idiot! I told you not to bring the Turtles here!" Then Subrprime later calls Krang a screw up which is why he was banished.

I was under the impression that he was either tried for war crimes and banished, or, during a battle on one of the planets he was trying to conquer, some rebels infiltrated the Technodrome and banished him and something wrong happened, causing him to lose his body. Not be banished because he goofed up and was kicked out by his own cousin.

In my earlier posts, I had mentioned that Krang really wasn't a screw up anyway. A lot of his plans would have worked and he would have ruled Earth a lot sooner if it wasn't for Bebop and Rocksteady's incompetence or Shredder's obsession with the Turtles.

I wish it was revealed that Krang was behind the entire Kraang invasion personally. I thought the Kraang were all modified clones of Krang at first. Krang did clone himself, and I actually thought he cloned himself, and made a whole group bent on world domination.

Krang shouldn't be following the Kraang. If anything, it should be the other way around. Krang is a fearsome warlord and a genius and is incredibly strong, and can tower most buildings when he turns into a giant. No way someone that strong can be labeled a screw up and no way he can be banished so easily.
Old 05-29-2016, 03:13 AM   #79
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Now that you mention it, it seems like the path to have gone with. Krang was the original and it seems more sense to make the Kraang an offshoot. If krang was to be an offshoot, he should've been an offshoot of the Utroms from mirage.

Old 05-29-2016, 03:39 AM   #80
DVD
Mad Scientist

I gave Forever the vote. I thoroughly enjoyed TDT but it needed more than the alloted 22 minutes.
I remember watching Forever and thinking it was just amazing. It had the advantage of time, an expanded narrative and a sense of closure.
DVD is offline   Reply With Quote