The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 05-09-2019, 10:13 AM   #21
oldmanwinters
Overlord

I hope Galactus is now on the table as the new Saga Big Bad.

I wonder what will become the new McGuffin now that the Infinity Stones are gone.

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2019, 11:14 AM   #22
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
I suspect "The Eternals" will be kind of like what they originally intended the "The Inhumans" to be when it was still set to be a movie.

Sort of a... 1 part X-Men, 2 parts Guardians of the Galaxy, with Jack Kirby visual stuff kind of thing. Is what I'd expect.
Exactly. Makes me wonder why Feige doesn't like the Inhumans but doesn't mind the Eternals. Maybe because the Eternals are a little less "hey we don't have the rights to the X-Men so have these losers instead!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanwinters View Post
I hope Galactus is now on the table as the new Saga Big Bad.

I wonder what will become the new McGuffin now that the Infinity Stones are gone.
Maybe make the Silver Surfer the connecting thread. We see him show up at a planet in the end credits of Guardians of the Galaxy 3, same for Eternals, and Captain Marvel 2... and then we finally see him show up at Earth in an end credits scene right before the next Avengers event movie.
Old 05-09-2019, 11:56 AM   #23
sdp
Megan Fox = April

I'm sure Galactus will be the big bad but I'm sure we will only get the vaguest of hints until Avengers 5 to milk out the "WILL THEY USE GALACTUS OR NOT" free marketing speculation from fans. It's cool, I think Galactus is a nice way to finish another 10 year story arc if it is able to achieve that again.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2019, 12:00 PM   #24
AquaParade
Banned

Galactus will be interesting when it eventually happens.

When I think of him appearing in a movie, I want to see true existential terror. I mean, just seeing something of that size that "eats planets" should send ripples of terror down everyone's spine.

Of course, I'm afraid it will be somewhat handwaved. The effects of the snap were portrayed maybe better than I expected. But I guess I crave a certain amount of existential terror to go along with those types of situations, which isn't exactly the MCU's bag.

Really wouldn't take much though. Think of "2001: A Space Odyssey". Just the music and cinematography surrounding the scene in which our protagonists first encounter the "monolith". Sends chills of wonder & terror down my spine. Would love to see Galactus treated with that type of respect and reverence.

Here is the scene itself.

https://youtu.be/oU4Rk0NATNs

Thoughts?
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2019, 12:47 PM   #25
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaParade View Post
When I think of him appearing in a movie, I want to see true existential terror. I mean, just seeing something of that size that "eats planets" should send ripples of terror down everyone's spine.
Absolutely this.

My fear, of course, is that while they'll faithfully adapt Galactus visually... he'll be likely be played up for laughs or treated like a joke like everybody is in the Guardians movies.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 04:24 PM   #26
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Millie Bobby Brown is cast in it:

http://www.darkhorizons.com/millie-b...rvels-eternals
Old 02-13-2020, 03:47 PM   #27
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

There's a gay family in it with two dudes and the gay kiss made everyone cry on set:

https://www.darkhorizons.com/eternal...epresentation/
Old 02-13-2020, 06:54 PM   #28
Sumac
Banned

I cry from shameless plug-ins SJWs are doing.
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2020, 07:37 PM   #29
Leo656
The Franchise

BvS had two dudes kiss and they didn't throw themselves a parade over it.

"Ultimate Edition" but still. It was just there, nobody treated it like an "event". More of that, please.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2020, 07:45 PM   #30
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
BvS had two dudes kiss and they didn't throw themselves a parade over it.

"Ultimate Edition" but still. It was just there, nobody treated it like an "event". More of that, please.
We are supposed to hate DCE but love MCU.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2020, 07:52 PM   #31
Leo656
The Franchise

I know, but I'm fairly resistant to such shallow attempts at social programming. As are more and more people, it would seem.

Also, in that film it's happening right behind Henry Cavill and his flawless profile, so it's forgivable that one's eye might not be drawn directly to the two guys kissing. He's pretty dreamy after all.

I actually think it was a good scene specifically because it's not treated like a big deal. They don't stop the scene for it, he's just out walking around and that's something a person would see when they're out walking around. Which is fine. Making a big huge triumphant deal and blowing a trumpet over it is what gets on people's nerves.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2021, 09:16 AM   #33
IMJ
Emperor

Not lookin' good......

So I'm kind of a Quasar fan after my Iron Man fandom. And because of that, Makkari was going to be my gateway into caring about this movie, but they went ahead and changed that character in every way and it's basically not the character who was Quasar best buddy in the books.

Now my only real interest in this flick would be if I found out that for some reason the Quantum Bands made an appearance - even as a background image or something and the likelihood of that is next to zero right now.

So basically, as of right now I don't plan on supporting this one financially on it's own merits.
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2021, 10:12 AM   #34
ZariusTwo
Overlord

I called this trailer 'lame' on a pro wrestling forum and the mods yelled at me

Someone two posts after me calls the trailer "s*it" and nothing happens to him.

Weirdos.
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2021, 10:19 AM   #35
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
I called this trailer 'lame' on a pro wrestling forum and the mods yelled at me

Someone two posts after me calls the trailer "s*it" and nothing happens to him.

Weirdos.
On what premise did that fool talk down to you for saying that the movie looked "lame"?
Old 05-24-2021, 10:34 AM   #36
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMJ View Post
On what premise did that fool talk down to you for saying that the movie looked "lame"?
"You pick on Marvel movies all the time and it's super annoying", no really, that's the premise.

Then he randomly accuses me of instigating Marvel vs DC debates in threads that are months old (and I wasn't even the one bringing those debates up during the threads in question)
Old 05-24-2021, 11:28 AM   #37
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
"You pick on Marvel movies all the time and it's super annoying", no really, that's the premise.

Then he randomly accuses me of instigating Marvel vs DC debates in threads that are months old (and I wasn't even the one bringing those debates up during the threads in question)
The very nature of a forum is to discuss things in general. Whether it's in positive or negative context. Weak links in the population always rely on a virtue signaling argument instead of just having the conversation. "Don't you dare say anything bad! If you do you are an "instigator", a "racist", a "problem person".

Those people are disingenuous liars. Don't believe them. The only power they have in life is to other simps like them - just like some of the sad people here we have seen similar conflict with. "woe is me and my pathetic life, you are bad and at least I can take a stand against you". I wouldn't worry about it too much, bro. Push back the right way with truth, example and illustrate why the guy is a fool and maybe your mod will show his true colors and trip himself up badly much like happened somewhere else we know of...
Old 05-24-2021, 12:28 PM   #38
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Here was my response to the little git

(I offered to PM him details on my occasional struggles with mental health, but he said I should talk to the chief admin, as he didn't want to deal with PMs because of prior 'abuse' from members, hence the beginning of the post)

Quote:
Understood. I'm sorry that has happened to you.

The facts speak for themselves though...I did not bring up Marvel vs DC comparisons in here, so there was no need to bring that part of my past up in here to show how much of a 'problem' I was allegedly being, and other people have since expressed concern about the trailer, one even using far stronger language than I did (calling it "s*it"), yet none of you have come down hard on them. I was singled out for some reason, and that is what I find disturbing, and all the more telling.

You've said your piece, I've said mine. You see me as 'annoying', I see myself as 'honest', let's move on.
Old 05-24-2021, 02:58 PM   #39
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

I don't know what to make of it from that trailer.
Old 05-24-2021, 03:02 PM   #40
neatoman
Emperor

Yeah, it's pretty vague. All it says is that they have been around for a long time and they're not going to hide anymore.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gay