The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 09-24-2017, 08:41 PM   #15481
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cure View Post
I used to be pretty indifferent on Roman Reigns, but **** him now. No way he should have won after Cena dropped a ****ing building on him.
It was great until the finish. I would have preferred that Roman lost and got a win later.
Old 09-24-2017, 09:10 PM   #15482
dl316bh
Stone Warrior

One F5.

One.

I guess we absolutely, positively have to do that Roman vs Brock match at Wrestlemania, because f*** us, I guess.

Quote:
I used to be pretty indifferent on Roman Reigns, but **** him now. No way he should have won after Cena dropped a ****ing building on him.
I was already firmly against him, but yeah, seriously, Roman can go to hell.
Old 09-24-2017, 09:17 PM   #15483
Cure
Y'all need Jesus

This is the most annoyed I've felt at a payperview in a long time. The triple threat of Roman, Enzo, and Brock winning reeeeeeaaaaaallllly sucks.
Old 09-24-2017, 09:25 PM   #15484
dl316bh
Stone Warrior

Quote:
This is the most annoyed I've felt at a payperview in a long time. The triple threat of Roman, Enzo, and Brock winning reeeeeeaaaaaallllly sucks.
I knew Roman was winning - though not quite that ridiculously - and Enzo was a possibility, because he's the only one in the division with Aries gone who has much reaction. But Brock vs Braun? That hurt. It was like they were on auto-pilot. There was none of the urgency from some of the lead-up or the Summerslam fatal four way. Then we have Braun going down to one F5. Put the guy down with maybe two, fine. But you're going to have Brock eat three of Brauns finisher and kick out, but you won't give Braun ONE?
Old 09-24-2017, 09:29 PM   #15485
The Deadman
Foot Elite

Some show results from the weekend, click at your own risk!

ROH Death Before Dishonor
Spoiler:

– Winners Get a Six Man Tag Title Shot TONIGHT: Bully & The Briscoes defeated The Kingdom @ 12:02 via pin [***]
– Marty Scurll defeated Chuck Taylor @ 12:10 via submission [***½]
– Las Vegas Street Fight: Punishment Martinez defeated Jay White @ 13:55 via pin [****]
– ROH Six Man Tag Team Title Match: Champions Adam Page & The Young Bucks defeated Bully & The Briscoes @ 5:08 via pin [**]
– ROH TV Title Match: Kenny King defeated Champion KUSHIDA @ 16:40 via pin [****¼]
– Last Man Standing Match: Silas Young defeated Jay Lethal @ 21:25 [****]
– ROH Tag Team Title Match: The Motor City Machine Guns defeated Champions The Young Bucks @ 14:10 via pin [***½]
– ROH Title Match: Champion Cody defeated Minoru Suzuki @ 12:50 via pin [**½]

EVOLVE 92
Spoiler:

Zack Sabre, Jr. def Jason Kincaid by submission with Young Boy Killer.

Austin Theory def Stephen Wolf by pinfall with Theory KO.

“Hot Sauce” Tracy Williams def Darby Allin by pinfall with an eye rake, a lariat, and an overrotated pin.

Fred Yehi def DJZ by submission with the Koji Clutch.

Doom Patrol (Chris Dickinson & Jaka) def Keith Lee & Matt Riddle by pinfall with a Doctor Bomb into a folding press from Dickinson on Riddle.

Troll Boyz (ACH & “All Ego” Ethan Page) def WorkHorsemen (Anthony Henry & James Drake) (c) by pinfall with Buster Call from ACH on Henry, winning the Evolve Tag Team Championship.

EVOLVE 93
Spoiler:

Fred Yehi over Cedric Alexander by submission with the Liu Kang bicycle kicks.

Jason Kincaid over Anthony Henry by submission with Compassionate Release.

Austin Theory over James Drake by pinfall with the Theory KO.

Stevie Fierce (c) over Bryce Benjamin, GPA, and Matt Knicks by pinfall with an Unprettier on Benjamin, retaining the Freelance Championship.

Darby Allin over DJZ by pinfall with the Last Supper.

Doom Patrol (Chris Dickinson & Jaka) over Troll Boyz (ACH & “All Ego” Ethan Page) (c) by pinfall with Death Trap on Page to win the Evolve Tag Team Championship.

Zack Sabre, Jr. (c) over Keith Lee by pinfall, reversing Ground Zero into a pinning predicament to retain the Evolve World Championship.

NJPW Destruction in Kobe
Spoiler:

– Hirai Kawato and Hiroyoshi Tenzan defeated Katsuya Kitamura and Tomoyuki Oka @ 6:00 via pin [**]
– Jushin Thunder Liger, Ricochet, Ryusuke Taguchi, Tiger Mask, and Togi Makabe defeated Suzuki-gun @ 7:30 via pin [**¼]
– Hirooki Goto and YOSHI-HASHI defeated Bad Luck Fale and Chase Owens @ 5:16 via pin [**¼]
– Beretta defeated Yujiro Takahashi @ 13:37 via pin [***]
– IWGP Tag Team Title Tornado Rules Match: Killer Elite Squad defeated Champions War Machine & Guerrillas of Destiny @ 13:30 via pin [***½]
– Hiroshi Tanahashi and Michael Elgin defeated David Finlay and Kota Ibushi @ 11:58 via pin [***]
– Rocky Romero, Tomohiro Ishii, and Toru Yano defeated BUSHI, SANADA, and Tetsuya Naito @ 12:07 via pin [***½]
– Kazuchika Okada and Will Ospreay vs. EVIL and Hiromu Takahashi @ 12:05 via pin [***½]
– IWGP United States Heavyweight Match: Champion Kenny Omega defeated Juice Robinson @ 33:30 via pin [****½]

WWE No Mercy
Spoiler:

– Kickoff Match: Elias defeated Apollo Crews @ 8:20 via pin [**]
– IC Title Match: Champion The Miz defeated Jason Jordan @ 10:13 via pin [***¼]
– Finn Balor defeated Bray Wyatt @ 11:40 via pin [***]
– RAW Tag Team Championship Match: Champions Dean Ambrose and Seth Rollins defeated Sheamus & Cesaro @ 15:55 via pin [****]
– RAW Women’s Championship Fatal 5 Way Match: Champion Alexa Bliss defeated Bayley and Sasha Banks, Nia Jax, and Emma @ 10:14 via pin [***½]
– Roman Reigns defeated John Cena @ 22:45 via pin [***¾]
– WWE Cruiserweight Championship Match: Enzo Amore defeated Neville @ 10:45 via pin[*]
– WWE Universal Championship Match: Champion Brock Lesnar defeated Braun Strowman @ 8:45 via pin [**]

Last Movie Watched: Hell House LLC (2015).
Last TV Show Watched: Adventures of Sonic The Hedgehog (S1:E29).
The Deadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2017, 09:31 PM   #15486
The Deadman
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
Spoiler:
Roman just beat Cena with a spear after eating 4 consecutive AAs. Wonder if the superhuman endurance will hurt him with fans.
It will. People got tired of Cena eating 3 and 4 finishers from his opponent only to do one of his and win the match. That's exactly what happened with the match tonight.

Old 09-25-2017, 12:21 AM   #15487
dl316bh
Stone Warrior

On the upside, the tag title match was pretty damn great. Honestly, it seems like the tag scene is where to look if you want them to deliver, lately. The Usos/New Day and Most-of-the-Shield/Bar matches have been dynamite. I don't know what's next though. The Club have been involved recently, but they need to gain some cred back before they even feel like worthwhile challengers. The Hardy's might be next.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Deadman View Post
It will. People got tired of Cena eating 3 and 4 finishers from his opponent only to do one of his and win the match. That's exactly what happened with the match tonight.
Worse still for him and WWE both, they don't have half the crowd loving Reigns and the merch sales to justify it like they did with Cena. They skipped the step of actually getting Roman over with crowds before trying to push him as hard as they have. Panic will do that, I guess. Though if they actually tried to make newer stars sooner than the last two years and didn't spend a decade having Cena murk all challengers maybe things would be different.
Old 09-25-2017, 01:05 AM   #15488
TheCanadiandrome
Big, Bad & Bold

Location: Inside the Technodrome; Shredderville; Saskatchewan
Quote:
Specially Enzo. I mean how the hell do we take the CW division seriously now?

Add me: PSN/XBL; Nintendo Network ID: BDS-3.1.6; Switch FC: SW-3378-5206-8020

TMNT Fan Club: http://sot.ag/4jZR0

Visit My Wish List:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=30904

My Collection:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=40276
TheCanadiandrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 09:44 AM   #15489
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Yeah, that nine minute squash for Brock wasn't needed. It undid all the hard work WWE put into Brauwn over post-wrestlemania season and through to his career defining performance at Summerslam.

Cena vs Reigns never got past second gear, due to John winding down and Roman just lacking any psychology or capability of using a character to rope anyone in. Bizarrely, Cena playing mindgames with the crowd and walking away from the ring was the best thing about the whole match

The tag title match saved everything, Cesaro paid the price to entertain us but it's a show of force like that that endears us to performers like him. He and Sheamus will remain over like a million bucks and be worth a whole lot more in the wake of that match. Just hope they don't break the team up due to the miscommunication
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 09:53 AM   #15490
The Deadman
Foot Elite

Brock/Braun definitely wasnt a squash match.

Old 09-25-2017, 01:44 PM   #15491
dl316bh
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Brock/Braun definitely wasnt a squash match.
I'll agree with that. Strowman got the majority of the offense and tossed Brock around like he was nothing. But the finish was poorly booked. On top of that, the referee didn't seem to understand what a goddamn rope break is - Braun had the ropes around three times before he fell to the mat and did the dramatic grab - which confused the hell out of me, because I wondered if it became no disqualification somewhere along the way.

Did Brock just not want to do an in depth match? Dude only does ten to fifteen these days. Did he veto anything in the back? That's what killed the Wrestlemania No DQ match with Ambrose. Dean wanted a killer hardcore style match, as much as they could get away with in this era, Brock said nah, then ended up doing his style of match and the whole thing just went through the motions, because it seemed like even Dean didn't care anymore.

Whatever it is, I think this finally put me over the edge in that I'm actually ready for Brock to at least drop the title, if not just go back to UFC, since that's what he really seems to want. GBoF and Summerslam got me back in his corner a bit, because they were pretty good matches, but I'm thinking that was on the other competitors (Joe for GBoF and the three other guys for Summerslam). Brock just seems like he's gotten lazy on putting good to great matches together and just wants to get his s*** in and get out.

Quote:
Specially Enzo. I mean how the hell do we take the CW division seriously now?
If someone manages to get a title match and squashes the hell out of him, I'll allow it. He only won the title in the cheapest possible fashion. But yeah, it doesn't do much for the credibility of a division that had little to start with. Austin Aries was one of the only guys who really got a reaction and he left.
Old 09-25-2017, 03:17 PM   #15493
dl316bh
Stone Warrior

Is that why they vanished from the show? Though, maybe it isn't. I don't think WWE had a concrete plan in mind for what to do with them.
Old 09-25-2017, 11:28 PM   #15494
dl316bh
Stone Warrior

Having Braun murk important wrestlers for a few weeks won't be a bad way to get the guy past losing to Lesnar.

As for Enzo, it seems like they're using him in a different way than I thought. They're going to try and elevate the Cruiserweight division at his expense and play off the heat he's been getting as fans slowly turned on him. I don't know if it's going to work, but it seems like Enzo winning makes a joke of everything is actually part of the story and the division is going to screw him up at the first opportunity.

Going with that and this after-Raw segment...

... I won't be surprised if he's trucked by whoever his first challenger is. Playing up Enzos annoying tendencies and using that to try and get some kind of shine on the rest of the division might not be a bad idea. Now if they'd just let them actually wrestling like, you know, cruiserweights.
Old 09-26-2017, 03:03 AM   #15495
ZariusTwo
Overlord

RAW was good. I'm glad they're already rebuilding Braun by having him go through people like he used to, and despite pinning the Interncontinental chamopion, Reigns really let Miz and the Miztourage go to town on him afterwards, which makes their title match a lot more compelling next week

Quote:
Originally Posted by dl316bh View Post
Is that why they vanished from the show? Though, maybe it isn't. I don't think WWE had a concrete plan in mind for what to do with them.
The dirtsheets were all saying Mike's physical condition and "just glad to be here" attitude was derailing his push, but you know dirt sheets.
Old 09-26-2017, 03:24 AM   #15496
dl316bh
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
RAW was good. I'm glad they're already rebuilding Braun by having him go through people like he used to, and despite pinning the Intercontinental chamopion, Reigns really let Miz and the Miztourage go to town on him afterwards, which makes their title match a lot more compelling next week
Raw did some good damage control on Braun. I was pretty happy with that. I'd still have rather the match with Brock actually been good - and that they'd let Braun kick out of at least one F5 before going down - but that's the crapshoot of modern Brock matches, I guess. I do wonder what's next for him, though. If he's not going after a title, I guess it's just wrecking shop for a while.

It's not going to surprise me if they give Roman the IC title next week to carry for the next few months. Partly for the obvious hard-on they have for him, partly to give him the Triple Crown and Grand Slam and partly because Brock's apparently not going to be around again until the Rumble. I'm pulling for Miz though. For obvious reasons, of course, but also because dude's great at what he does these days.

The one part of Raw that had me sighing is that we're apparently doing more of Finn vs Bray. I wish they'd let it go. They've already killed Bray Wyatt stone dead this year. I'm not sure what the hell they think this is doing for anyone. What's Finn going to get if he beats Wyatt a third time? What would Bray even get out of it if he manages to pick up a victory? At best, he evened the feud up.

Quote:
The dirtsheets were all saying Mike's physical condition and "just glad to be here" attitude was derailing his push, but you know dirt sheets.
Yeah. I mean, they're right a fair bit, but it's always a toss-up. It depends on the source, too. Dave Meltzer usually knows what's up, for example.

Well, when they bring him back, hopefully they have something for him. He's not a guy I picture ever really being an important player, but I feel like he'd be a decent body in the midcard to win some matches and lose others to build better guys.
Old 09-26-2017, 03:32 AM   #15497
The Deadman
Foot Elite

Sounds like they're trying to turn Enzo heel here.

Old 09-26-2017, 04:01 AM   #15498
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Sounds like they're trying to turn Enzo heel here.
They don't need to try there
Old 09-26-2017, 05:58 AM   #15499
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Jeff is out for six months with a torn rotator cuff.

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/8853...equire-surgery

When we said we wanted a broken Hardy, this is not what we meant
Old 09-26-2017, 10:45 PM   #15500
dl316bh
Stone Warrior

Fashion Police are back next week!

This is the most important wrestling news.

Anyway, Smackdown was pretty decent tonight. I groaned a bit when Jinder came out and seemed like he was going for three weeks in a row, but thankfully they had Nak return to throw some knees in faces. I'm not sure what we're looking at for the coming match, though. Is it not a cell match? I thought it was, but as the weeks have gone on, I've realized I haven't heard anything about that, so maybe I imagined it? We've got a tag cell match on the card now, with Owens and Shane as the second. I can't picture three cell matches on one card.

Anyway, speaking of segments that went on for too many weeks and lost the plot and the point, we get to Dolph Ziggler. I'm so glad we got to the damn point. Bobby Roode working face feels weird to me, after a run in NXT where he was basically a wrestling one percenter and a total dick, but his theme is over as hell, so I suppose they might as well start there. Nothing says they won't turn him after this program is done and you might as well let the fans cheer for a bit before you have him do something despicable to actually get boos. Anyway, if the rumors are true and Dolphs done when his contract is up soon, not going to lie, I won't miss him. He's really regressed as a performer, his character has been shot for a long time now and he could honestly do with some time elsewhere.

I really hope this Rusev story isn't headed towards Orton pinning him again. Rusev needs a rub a lot more than Orton does. At this point, Orton never needs help with credibility or looking like a threat again. He's never been Cena powerful, but dude's won a lot of huge feuds and big titles.

Sami vs Owens just made me wonder when we're A) going to have Sami be a thing and B) when we're going to actually get to the frenemies tag team thing everyone expected by now.

Tags
armbar#, silverdome brother, wrestling