The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Old 12-13-2017, 04:52 PM   #2941
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Yes, I think you deserve it. Paid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMarvelDuckie View Post
Lucky. I'm STILL waiting for an order I made on eBay over two weeks ago.
Yeah, I've got some eBay ones that have still not shown up too... Cat feet print socks from China, intended as stocking stuffers are still a no-show. Ordred in early Oct. At least they were cheap.

My book order from Canada back in earlyish Sept. and the second one sent in later Oct. are still no shows. (Though I had to give in since it's part of a gift and a pricier new copy was part of the order that came today from Amazon, so Canada may as well not show up, seeing how the guy did at least refund me - though told me I could pay when they do come. Right.)

On the upside a TMNT book from the UK also came today after a month. I expected it to take a while, so that's fine, just glad it made it. But dammit if it doesn't have one page missing. >.> Ah well. (Though the page is from a section of a short story, possibly original and not from an episode (2003) unlike another story is... so I may have to look around to see if I can find this page online to see how it ends. >.<)

Last edited by IndigoErth; 12-13-2017 at 04:57 PM.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 06:37 PM   #2942
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

After a very long two weeks of running around places, Ceres and I had her last day here to just chill at my house and watch shows on the computer.

It's been pretty nice. And amazing to have her here.
Old 12-16-2017, 08:45 AM   #2943
Papenbrook
*The King of Nothing*

This would make me happy.

Papenbrook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2017, 11:09 AM   #2944
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Yesterday I got a Christmas card and a very nice "tip" from one of my regular customers, an older couple with a beautiful, well-behaved boxer named Zena, though sadly I recently learned that she(Zena) has developed cancer. They give cards to a few of the long-time crew, mainly the ones who serve them in the drive-through or at the counter, and it always has a bill in it. 100$ this year, was a nice "bonus" to get right before my family's holiday get-together.

Yesterday also saw a visit to the store by Santa and Mrs. Clause! An older couple dressed up as the Clauses came in to have lunch; they even had a little dog with them that was dressed up too! They took pics with some kids who were there after school, and a few of the crew. I got to take a couple pics with them too. Was a cool way to end the day.

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2017, 12:26 PM   #2945
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

That's adorable. Stopped in after doing a Santa gig somewhere, I assume?

Man, wish customers in my store would come do what that older couple did! Best I ever managed was a $20 in the fitting room just once that no one ever showed up to claim. (Lord knows I wish tips were customary for fitting rooms, given what store employees tend to put up with and the horror stories that have no right ever happening.)
Old 12-16-2017, 12:34 PM   #2946
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

I was at a horse race yesterday with family/friends and between the races, we had santas compete against each other

As for what made me happy today? I don't know, life as it is now for me is pure Eternal Bliss. Couldn't be any happier.

Shredder could've done more than blow up the Channel Six building. I don't mean as far as murdering Splinter, but think of the possibilities if censors were not an issue.

Shredder and Krang combined had the biggest arsenal of any villains in all of the cartoons.

Last edited by FredWolfLeonardo; 12-16-2017 at 07:14 PM.
FredWolfLeonardo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2017, 01:59 PM   #2947
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Pot luck lunch at work this weeked. Then decided to take the highway route home, since I'm not sure what the snow and ice at the other entrance of my neighborhood looks like right now... and coming up to the light I saw a bunch of flashing lights up ahead and figured there had been an accident or something.

Then five different fire station vehicles, including one fire truck, turned... with Santa, a snowman, a reindeer, etc standing on top of the fire truck waving. I have NO idea why I just saw this at random, but after I'd turned at that light I followed them 3/4th the way up the hill, watching Santa wave at random, despite probably not actually waving at anyone. Now I'm curious where they were going or if it was a slight dry run of sorts. lol

Last edited by IndigoErth; 12-17-2017 at 02:04 PM.
Old 12-17-2017, 09:00 PM   #2948
Storm Eagle
Saved by

I found out that someone I knew was in an abusive relationship, but what made me happy is that she got out of it, and has also found herself a better man. It's good to know that with all the news about knucklehead after knucklehead after knucklehead getting outed for sexual harassment as of late.
Storm Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2017, 10:22 PM   #2949
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Ended up spending an extra day at my boyfriend's. A lot of it was hanging out with his mom. But still pretty nice

Even with my thighs hurting because of sleeping on the couch (because of my boyfriend's mattress being awful)
Old 12-17-2017, 10:27 PM   #2950
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine

I've had a crap couple of Murphy's Law level weeks.
But tonight a friend came over and brought with her Mocha Mind brownies she made from scratch, and we watched Muppet Christmas Carol.

And things are momentarily brighter.
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
There's no sense catering just to one demographic which is idiotic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
plastroncafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2017, 03:57 AM   #2951
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Yesterday was really nice. Had Christmas dinner with the whole fam (minus dad thank gawds) and my cheesecake went over pretty well with the relatives. Had a great time, and came home to a nice nap and snuggle time.

Then we helped one of our neighbors who came over right as we were going to bed- they had found a ferret that was out roaming and had climbed the stairs to their apartment, and were looking for the owners. I let her borrow a cat carrier and some towels for it. Then she came back a few minutes later and said she found who it belonged to. She brought the carrier and towels back and we finally went to bed. I was glad we could help the little critter, because it was cold out last night and the ferret was shivering. It was so cute and friendly!

Old 12-18-2017, 12:33 PM   #2952
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Poor thing, I bet it came to regret slipping out! At least it stuck around and found its 'ride' home.

Happy maker... Finally got something in the mail that I should have had 2 1/2 weeks ago, but god knows where it had actually ended up. But the company was super nice and sent another despite the delivery issue being no fault of theirs. (Didn't expect them to offer to, but at least it was rather inexpensive.) Was starting to worry again as this time around it seemed to take longer, but now I can stop worrying if the universe just hates me. lol
Old 12-18-2017, 01:59 PM   #2953
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Addendum to earlier- after we had the family X-Mas gathering yesterday, Mr D was complaining that he couldn't find any sleep pants to change into after taking a bath, so I told him he could open one of his Solstice gifts early. It was a pair Deadpool pants, and he really likes them. Then he surprised me by saying that it was only fair to let me open mine too. He got me (almost) the entire set of TMNT RPG books!! The main book, along with Road Hogs, Mutants Down Under, and After the Bomb, which we discovered is actually a separate game setting of its own, but used the same system and concepts, so it is compatible with the TMNT books. I plan to run a game in the setting eventually, and hopefully my group will enjoy it. The only ones I still want to get to run a game in it are Transdimentional, Mutants of the Yucatan, and Guide to the Universe. I will be getting those after the holidays..... Yay!

Old 12-18-2017, 02:02 PM   #2954
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine

Slowly but surely replacing things that were lost.
Today? My bus pass.

So much relief.
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
There's no sense catering just to one demographic which is idiotic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
plastroncafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2017, 03:44 PM   #2955
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Holiday work hours DONE and a plate full of pizza for dinner.
Old 12-24-2017, 03:58 PM   #2956
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

My Christmas art from Princess Utrom

It's adorable.
Old 12-24-2017, 06:09 PM   #2957
Sumac
Banned

Watched Jumanji (the old one).
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2017, 07:14 PM   #2958
PApagreg
Mad Scientist

I work part time at Walmart and whenever I ask for extra hours they tend to put put me on toys. Not only did I have to zone and stock reshop items but I had to help a lot of last minute shoppers so when I finally clocked out I had the biggest smile on my face as I left the store.
Old 12-27-2017, 07:09 PM   #2959
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Mailman left a note at the house that accidentally got my package, and not sure if he got it back or if the person dropped it off, but I got my TMNT patch and pin! Phew. Glad it actually got sorted out and I got them. (And they're awesome!)

Whoever is sorting the mail really needs to pay better attention in the difference in addresses between our 29 of our road and the 29 of the other road. Really makes me wonder if other neighbors have had lost mail to their 'sister house' on the other road...

12/28 - Alright, that's a good happy maker today... Just found photos in my email of the progress, pre-coloring, of the Cuddle Clones plush I ordered of my much missed pet fishy.

Last edited by IndigoErth; 12-28-2017 at 04:11 PM.
Old 01-02-2018, 05:19 PM   #2960
Vegita-San
Emperor

got an HD Home Run.

Finally my TV Tuner starts EVERY Time i turn it on and no inspidly random 'viewing or listening conflicts' that I got with my Ceton tuner.
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote