The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Books, Comics, and Other Literature

Notices

Old 09-17-2016, 11:10 PM   #1
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Chameleon knew Spider-Man's identity? I thought only the big three villains ever knew at some point before Civil War.
Old 09-18-2016, 03:57 AM   #2
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
Chameleon knew Spider-Man's identity? I thought only the big three villains ever knew at some point before Civil War.
Chameleon found out right after the Clone Saga ended, he took control of Ravencroft asylum and posed as Ashley Kafka, he managed to ambush and and drug Peter, making him think he was an actor who thought he was Spider-Man. Peter's love for MJ snaps him out of this delusion and Chameleon fled to the Parker house where he tried to attack MJ, but MJ destroyed him with a baseball bat, Chameleon fled and ran into one of Kraven's children, who took him out.

I don't know what happened to him in between, but the next time I read about him, we were in the middle of the horrible post-1999 era, though his next appearance was one of the better stories. Chameleon went through a period of mental instability after that, becoming even suicidal at one point.
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 09:07 AM   #3
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Cover for December's issue

Old 09-20-2016, 10:36 AM   #4
WebLurker
Hench Mutant

Nice cover art.

Wonder if the story started in the first issue carries into the second one, or if we've been shown art samples from multiple issues? (Spider-Man getting swarmed by Mole-Man's followers was an early sample Stegman released online.)

Edit: Wow, Conway and Stegman were right about redesigning supervillains. Mole-Man now looks like he's been mutated with animal DNA. Wonder if this is meant to be explained in-story as something that happened to him after the divergence point between 616 and RYV, or if he "always" looked like this in the RYV universe.
WebLurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 11:08 AM   #5
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
Nice cover art.

Wonder if the story started in the first issue carries into the second one
The Mole-Man kicks off in the first issue and carries over, that's definite.

Quote:
Edit: Wow, Conway and Stegman were right about redesigning supervillains. Mole-Man now looks like he's been mutated with animal DNA. Wonder if this is meant to be explained in-story as something that happened to him after the divergence point between 616 and RYV, or if he "always" looked like this in the RYV universe.
I expect a lot of broad strokes where that's concerned...they have a eight year gap between whatever passed for OMD and this, so they don't have to explain it if they don't want to.
Old 09-20-2016, 01:53 PM   #6
WebLurker
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
I expect a lot of broad strokes where that's concerned...they have a eight year gap between whatever passed for OMD and this, so they don't have to explain it if they don't want to.
Would pre-OMD stuff also fall under the broad strokes rule? I know that the interview made it sound like all those back-issues are in RYV's continuity, but stuff like the Civil War unmasking don't seemed to have happened in this series (based on the fact that Peter is still selling Spider-Man photos to the Bugle and the Parkers aren't on the run from the law), not to mention that some of us think that the earlier series indicated Annie was born during the '90s comics era, which would significantly change the storylines, if that's correct.
WebLurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 02:23 PM   #7
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
Would pre-OMD stuff also fall under the broad strokes rule? I know that the interview made it sound like all those back-issues are in RYV's continuity, but stuff like the Civil War unmasking don't seemed to have happened in this series (based on the fact that Peter is still selling Spider-Man photos to the Bugle and the Parkers aren't on the run from the law)
Again, that can be easily covered in the same way it was in OMIT, that Peter and MJ relied on Doctor Strange's mindwipe to hide Peter's identity, and the only difference is MJ didn't freak out about it afterwards and stayed committed to him.
Old 09-20-2016, 03:24 PM   #8
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
Chameleon found out right after the Clone Saga ended, he took control of Ravencroft asylum and posed as Ashley Kafka, he managed to ambush and and drug Peter, making him think he was an actor who thought he was Spider-Man. Peter's love for MJ snaps him out of this delusion and Chameleon fled to the Parker house where he tried to attack MJ, but MJ destroyed him with a baseball bat, Chameleon fled and ran into one of Kraven's children, who took him out.

I don't know what happened to him in between, but the next time I read about him, we were in the middle of the horrible post-1999 era, though his next appearance was one of the better stories. Chameleon went through a period of mental instability after that, becoming even suicidal at one point.

I don't know that I'd consider post-1999 era as horrible- JMS started his run on ASM directly after the 1999 "Disassembled" arc, that basically tore apart the Avengers (Thanks Wanda!) and subjected Spidey to the "Queen" and his transformation into the "Man-Spider" monster that was so similar to the S-M: TAS story arc. I'd consider everything from then until OMD as one of the BEST eras.

I still think that Aunt May defeating him with sedatives in a batch of cookies when he tried to infiltrate Avengers Tower disguised as Peter was the best Chameleon story I've ever read. Guess she knows her nephew better than he thought!! (And he NEVER saw it coming....)

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 04:39 PM   #9
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Has Spider-Man ever faced The Mole-Man? Mole-Man is a character I have never read so it will be a character study and fresh for me no matter if it is a variation of the villianous character.
Old 09-22-2016, 10:05 PM   #10
T-U-R-T-L-E POWA!
Stone Warrior

I loved Spidey all my life but when Marvel done OMD that was the last straw for me. I absolutely loathe Joey Q to this very day and I always will. I've never liked Dan Slott either.

Tags
spider-man, spider-marriage returns