The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Old 09-23-2017, 01:44 PM   #161
Ashwolf
Stone Warrior

Thought it was really good but really sad at the same time. As i said before, was really rushed ending which i wish they put some more time into but did have good fight scenes. Again, was really sad at wat happened 2 leo.......

Something i noticed from the flashbacks, im pretty sure that the mutagen bomb happens not long after the usagi arc, despite how the tale arcs can be almost in any order.

In both of the greyed out flashbacks, leo only has 1 sword, so....
1. It had 2 be after they got back from usagis world cause of his other sword getting shattered by kintaro.

2. In this version, leo hardly if ever makes new swords.... or at least from wat was shown.

So yeah, im pretty sure that it had continuity there.
Old 09-23-2017, 01:46 PM   #162
CyberCubed
Overlord

Wow, that was some ride. As a story itself the Mad Max stuff was fun and I liked all the visuals of the car chases and the new villain mutants and stuff.

As an ending to the show overall, it's definitely bittersweet. Seeing all 4 Turtles, especially Leonardo go through such changes and live their lives like that is sad. The other fact is they seemingly failed at saving the Earth. Everyone is either a mutant, dead, or a wasteland. The moon was also destroyed, so most likely the ocean levels rose and drowned out the other continents or something too.

Definitely the saddest ending to a TMNT cartoon, but it was nice to see all 4 brothers reunited at the end. The fates of all the other characters bar Casey were left unknown, and it's probably better that way.

Can't believe the Nick show is over already. Never expected it to be short-lived compared to the other two cartoons. Ciro had a great show.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2017, 01:48 PM   #163
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by biganimefan View Post
Also, are you seriously telling me that the last scene of this series is in the FW dimension with Bebop and Rocksteady having the final word?
The only way to achieve world peace.
ZariusTwo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2017, 01:53 PM   #164
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

I am confused. So the 4 Kavaxas episodes, 2 Dregg invasion episodes, 1 baby Turtles episode, 3 Miyamato Usagi episodes, 3 '87 Shredder and Krang hire 2012 Bebop and Rocksteady. When does the traditional horror episodes air and the Mad Max spoof supposed to air or at least come out on DVD? I have not seen either episode set yet. Also, I thought the second 1987 cartoon crossover was the series finale? Isn't it episodes 18-20 of season 5? Thanks for the clarification. This airing order and not watching Nick outside of first run TMNT episodes it is hard to keep up.
Old 09-23-2017, 01:54 PM   #165
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Admit it y'all, the Ice Cream Kitty Music Video was the true ending to this show!
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2017, 01:55 PM   #166
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
I am confused. So the 4 Kavaxas episodes, 2 Dregg invasion episodes, 1 baby Turtles episode, 3 Miyamato Usagi episodes, 3 '87 Shredder and Krang hire 2012 Bebop and Rocksteady. When does the traditional horror episodes air and the Mad Max spoof supposed to air or at least come out on DVD? I have not seen either episode set yet. Also, I thought the second 1987 cartoon crossover was the series finale? Isn't it episodes 18-20 of season 5? Thanks for the clarification. This airing order and not watching Nick outside of first run TMNT episodes it is hard to keep up.
This is the finale of the TMNT show. They aired the episodes out of order on TV. The Usagi arc was the second to last arc, and the 80's TMNT crossover was before that.

If you see the other thread all these eps are coming to DVD on December 12th
Old 09-23-2017, 02:01 PM   #167
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo View Post
Admit it y'all, the Ice Cream Kitty Music Video was the true ending to this show!
Maybe that's what awaits them all in the afterlife?
ZariusTwo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2017, 02:04 PM   #168
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
Maybe that's what awaits them all in the afterlife?
I'm totally for that idea. I guess Shredder and Kavaxas suffered enough in hell and were redeemed

One thing I found pointless though was keeping Ice Cream Kitty alive for the finale when she already had a music video dedicated to her. I mean, I understand Chompy being alive but theres no way ICK wouldve survived in the Desert that hot
Old 09-23-2017, 02:06 PM   #169
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
This is the finale of the TMNT show. They aired the episodes out of order on TV. The Usagi arc was the second to last arc, and the 80's TMNT crossover was before that.

If you see the other thread all these eps are coming to DVD on December 12th
That I did not know.Very long threads with info bits can get lost easily. Of the 20, 8 are out on DVD so 12 episodes in the next and final release. Ok. Now it's just a matter of finding the traditional horror episodes online. I would have liked for John Set on to have voice one the characters in thst arc just for the nod to his famous character and familial connection to the 2012 cartoon voice cast.
Old 09-23-2017, 02:09 PM   #170
JH24
Hench Mutant

Finally had a chance to watch the finale. That was definitely different from what I expected.

Loved the Mad Max chases and fights, didn't really like what they did to Mikey and Leo.

Donnie seemed a lot more cheery and happy as a robot than he was as a turtle. Felt out of place at times.

Did Raph really keep Casey's skull for 10-20 years only to use it as a bomb in the end? I think I got the message behind it but it just left me with a bitter aftertaste.

As others already said, the ending was rushed. I liked the final confrontation though. In his heart Leo always wanted to be saved, but he didn't have to power to save himself, and the others didn't know of his existence for years.

That makes me wonder though, how long ago did the Mutagen bomb happen? 20-30-50 years? Still doesn't explain the condition of the broken moon.

Really didn't like there was no mention of what happened to their friends. I found the use of Casey's skull disrespectful, no mention of April, Karai or Shinigami, and overall there were quite a lot of gaps in the storyline.

It was a very interesting finale. The "Mad Max" parts were the best, but there were also some pretty cheesy parts, especially in the second episode (Was it really necessary to make Mikey act this weird?)
JH24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2017, 02:11 PM   #171
CyberCubed
Overlord

I'm really glad it left the fate of April, Karai, the Mutanimals or other characters unknown. It let's us speculate rather than saying, "They're all dead" or something like that.
Old 09-23-2017, 02:14 PM   #172
Tarris Vaal
Stone Warrior

April at least deserved proper closure I felt. Karai maybe, but even she wasn't with the show from episode 1 onwards. April had basically become family even beyond Karai (who was still living separately and only contacted the turtles when she needed to or chanced across them)

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...the-sedisverse
Tarris Vaal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2017, 02:18 PM   #173
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarris Vaal View Post
April at least deserved proper closure I felt. Karai maybe, but even she wasn't with the show from episode 1 onwards. April had basically become family even beyond Karai (who was still living separately and only contacted the turtles when she needed to or chanced across them)
Yeah, I was kinda half-expecting April to appear at the oasis at the very end and meet the guys.
Old 09-23-2017, 02:27 PM   #174
newfan
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarris Vaal View Post
I'm surprised they weren't even mentioned, April was one of the main characters and one of their clan. I thought we would definitely know about her. Karai wasn't a main character and wasn't as close to the turtles but still had been a strong character in the series and I wanted to know just because she is a favourite of mine.
Then again, it would have just been depressing I suppose.... look at Casey.
newfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2017, 02:30 PM   #175
Bishop123
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky82 View Post
Apparently Timothy did appear in the final, In the fight arena. So Timothy/Mutagen Man got his closure.
Any idea where he appeared? I'm rewatching the fight arena scenes and not having any luck finding him. Must be a well hidden cameo.
Bishop123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2017, 02:34 PM   #176
CyberCubed
Overlord

It's probably just an easter egg for fans, I'd love to see a screenshot.
Old 09-23-2017, 02:38 PM   #177
Ninturtle
Mad Scientist

Not a great ending to the series, I'm not upset that the ending was sad but the whole thing with Leo was super rushed and the Oasis came out of nowhere with no explanation of how it remained intact. I also thought the whole Leo becoming a villian and becoming good because he saw Raph was kinda corny, I knew exactly what would happen as soon as we first saw him. And one an unrelated note I thought the turtles looked really weird with hair, kinda took away from other wise good designs ( especially Mikey's eye brows). I did think seeing the older turtles aged/mutated at the end and seeing there teenage selves was a really powerful image, it was just kinda poorly handled towards the end. I did really like the first 2 episodes though.
Ninturtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2017, 02:38 PM   #178
neatoman
Emperor

What was the point of referencing Verminator-X with Verminator-Rex instead of just using Verminator-X? Is this like with Ninjara, nobody knows if Murphy owns the character so they just made an obvious substitute?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo View Post
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2017, 02:42 PM   #179
CyberCubed
Overlord

I wonder if Leo being mutated to a beast was a homage to this:

Old 09-23-2017, 02:46 PM   #180
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Leonardo mutating into a giant hulk was understandable, however

I wonder how Raph grew so big naturally, there was no indication he was mutated a second time. Mikey was malnourished and Donnie was a robot so Raphs size is what an Adult Mutant Ninja Turtle wouldve been like?