The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 05-19-2022, 02:58 PM   #1
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

‘Daredevil’ Disney+ Series in the Works

A new “Daredevil” series is moving forward at Disney+, with Variety having exclusively learned from sources that Matt Corman and Chris Ord are attached to write and executive produce.

Rumors have persisted for some time that a Disney+ series about the Man Without Fear was in the works, especially considering that two of the stars of the Netflix “Daredevil” series — Charlie Cox and Vincent D’Onofrio — have appeared in recent Marvel projects. Cox played Matt Murdock, the secret identity of Daredevil, in the film “Spider-Man: No Way Home,” while D’Onofrio reprised the role of Wilson Fisk, a.k.a. Kingpin, in the Disney+ series “Hawkeye.”

It now appears that the project is picking up steam with the hiring of Corman and Ord, although Marvel has yet to announce anything regarding the show formally.

Reps for Corman and Ord declined to comment. Marvel Studios reps do not comment on projects in development.

Corman and Ord most famously co-created the USA Network series “Cover Affairs” starring Piper Perabo and Christopher Gorham. The show aired for five seasons on the basic cabler between 2010 and 2014. They most recently worked as executive producers and co-showrunners on the NBC drama shows “The Enemy Within” and “The Brave” as well as The CW series “Containment.”

They are repped by Verve, Entertainment 360, and Goodman Genow.

Fans have been clamoring for more Daredevil ever since the Netflix series was canceled in 2018 after three seasons. They were in for a long wait, however, as Variety reported in 2018 that the deal with Netflix included a clause that prevented any characters from the Marvel-Netflix shows from appearing in any non-Netflix projects for two years after cancellation.

The move came as Disney looked to bring its Marvel heroes under one umbrella, with multiple Marvel Cinematic Universe shows having since debuted on Disney+. “Moon Knight” starring Oscar Isaac was the last such show to premiere, with a trailer for the “She-Hulk” series starring Tatiana Maslany dropping earlier this week.

https://variety.com/2022/tv/news/dar...rd-1235272299/
Old 05-19-2022, 04:10 PM   #2
neatoman
Emperor

So is this basically season 4 or a quiet reboot?
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2022, 06:00 PM   #3
superstaff
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
So is this basically season 4 or a quiet reboot?
Porque no los dos?

I don't trust Disney+, Feige, or the MCU as a whole to deliver a good Daredevil... I didn't like how he was super 'joke-y' in NWH, and I felt he was underused there as Peter's attorney. Just a huge 'blah' bomb, at least to me.

I honestly miss the MCU shows from before, even the trash ones like Inhumans and Iron Fist at least felt like their own entities instead of...what we have now.
superstaff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2022, 08:46 PM   #4
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

If it's not taking advantage of the new "Mature" option on Disney+, they shouldn't bother.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2023, 07:48 PM   #5
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
If it's not taking advantage of the new "Mature" option on Disney+, they shouldn't bother.
They are.

https://cosmicbook.news/scoop-confir...fBmdoYLl-paWUg
Old 10-11-2023, 08:38 AM   #6
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Seems the show had a lot of creative problems, to the point Marvel have now let go of the writers and directors and are retooling the programme.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/tv...ey-1235614518/
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2023, 04:30 PM   #7
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

New Showrunner for Born Again worked on The Punisher Netflix show.

Quote:
Dario Scardapane, whose recent credits include Tom Clancy’s Jack Ryan as well as Netflix’s Marvel show The Punisher, has been tapped to act as the new showrunner for the series, which is in the midst of a creative overhaul.

Additionally, Justin Benson and Aaron Moorhead, the co-directing team behind indie genre thrillers who are coming off of directing episodes of Loki season two, have been hired to helm the remaining episodes that will constitute the first season on Disney+
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/tv...er-1235630284/
Old 10-27-2023, 04:38 PM   #8
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

The Punisher was AWESOME (both seasons of it), so that's great news.
Old 01-12-2024, 09:31 PM   #9
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

https://twitter.com/Bullskickass/sta...19183320608887
Old 01-13-2024, 07:00 AM   #10
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Great! I wonder if this is apart of the redo that took place? Either way, I am glad to have them back.