The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 06-26-2021, 08:13 PM   #201
ssjup81
Foot Elite

I like this show. It's pretty cool seeing Lois and Clark in a family setting and all that goes on with that. I've never been a big fan of Superman in general, but am digging this iteration. He's so dorky and I like dorky characters. The story is okay for me as well and am curious where things will go given that whole brother angle going on. Next newer ep comes out in July.

I think this is the first Superman-related thing I've semi-gotten interested in since the 90s. I used to watch Lois & Clark back then and sometimes Superman TAS (but I preferred Batman TAS and would only watch Superman out of boredom if nothing else was on). Going a bit further back in my childhood, I liked the old Fleischer Superman shorts, the 1978 Reeves Superman films (well, I liked the first two), and sometimes watched reruns of the Adventures of Superman. Comics wise, I never could get into them so much. I've come across them. Kept up with some of the lore, but not enough to be an expert or anything.

I guess since I'm very very casual, this is why I don't mind this show so much. I never saw Smallville or the more recent Superman films (didn't draw me in). I know my father hated Smallville, though. Not sure why. I think he mentioned not liking the writing so much.

Last edited by ssjup81; 06-27-2021 at 05:57 PM.
ssjup81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2021, 09:17 PM   #202
Leo656
The Franchise

If "competent writing" is a thing that a person values in ANY way, shape, or form, then that person indeed most likely hates "Smallville".

If the phrase "Idiot Plot" weren't already a thing, someone would have had to invent it just for that show.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2021, 01:46 AM   #203
ZariusTwo
Overlord

The show has been nominated for best dramatic network series at the Hollywood Critics Association TV awards

https://twitter.com/HCAcritics/statu...90330682277891
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2021, 10:56 PM   #204
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Another great Episode. Superman fights Zod's mind inside him with the help of John Henry Irons

Also love the Steel Suit if that suit is it. Also Superman and Steel team up against Tal roh was cool
Old 07-15-2021, 06:30 PM   #205
Leo656
The Franchise

Gotta love sh*t like this.

https://www.supermanhomepage.com/sup...lley-of-death/

Nevermind the never-ending holier-than-thou slog that is the actual review. Seriously, if ANY of you people sincerely think that I'M an insufferable know-it-all, by all means read literally ANY review of ANYTHING by Neal Bailey. He takes "I'm the only person who knows anything" to Zen Master levels. Even when his points are correct, he's such a smug prick you don't even care.

But the gem is this exchange in the Comments section between him and a user:

Quote:
delbhoy
July 15, 2021 11:12 am
There are superman fans all over the world who come on this site to read about SUPERMAN. I am from Scotland and have been a member of this site for many years and I enjoy reading about movies, TV and interviews with cast members past and present.
What I am not interested in is when people like you use a platform about a TV episode to start airing your political views and acting out your own self importance.
Why don’t you find a site where everyone thinks they’re American political experts and spout your bs on there and keep this superman site about superman and genuine fans!!!

neal bailey
July 15, 2021 6:37 pm
Reply to delbhoy
I don’t frankly give a crap what you come here for, with an attitude like that.

Everything is political and politics suffuse how we regard things. I invite you not to read my review and bug off if something deeper than “It rocks!” or “It sucks” proves too much for your Pampers to handle. No one is forcing you to read my work, and I’d prefer people with your perspective didn’t.

You pay nothing for it, you have no say over it, and you don’t get to tell other people how they say things or why on this site.

If you don’t like that, tough. You’re barking up the wrong tree.
Would it shock you to know that in almost everything he reviews, Neal finds a way to mention that he emigrated to Canada because of Trump and how everything there is So Much Better than in America? It shouldn't. What it has to do with Superman, I don't know, but he generally works it in there regardless.

He's also an Admin. Couple weeks ago he legit threatened to Ban someone for asking him to tone down the pathological Snyder-bashing he also crams into everything he writes even when it's apropos of nothing.

"Tolerant Left." Agree with me or Get F*cked. Like what I say or I'll ban you.

Gotta say, with Admins like THAT I'm genuinely glad this place is such a free-for-all. People like that don't deserve positions of power. They barely deserve a soapbox to begin with.

Old 07-15-2021, 06:47 PM   #206
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
Gotta say, with Admins like THAT I'm genuinely glad this place is such a free-for-all.
It didn't used to be like that though man. It really only got better when that group of posters sort of got together and said enough was enough and stopped backing down to the sub-intellectual leftist-juggernaut that was widely the Technodrome.

And thankfully there is a site owner here who was smart enough to see the ludicrous nature of what was going on, regardless of his political opinions - I developed a lot of respect for that guy when you-know-who was denounced. We lived it here. It could have gone in another direction completely, if say the guy in your post there was running the 'Drome.

And so it's not that we had a "political" victory here - we had an "intellectual" victory from higher on up regarding the truth of what these boards had become at the time. Now at least, it's more centered because centered people don't have to stretch so far right to counter the leftist-cult-insanity here.

As for Superman? I still haven't seen it after being condition for years by the CW. The girl who plays Lois is like way-sophisticated-gorgeous though. I always thought that Superman-guy was CW-diversity-Superman.

Last edited by IMJ; 07-15-2021 at 06:53 PM.
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2021, 07:02 PM   #207
Leo656
The Franchise

Those People are apparently much happier in the confines of their Twitter Echo Chambers, so good for them and good for us ACTUAL "tolerant and moderate" people for no longer having to deal with it.

I just can't believe such a scumbag has such authority on the Superman page. I barely even go there anymore because of that kinda sh*t. I haven't even had an account there in ages, but if I did I'd surely get Banned because no way I could resist the temptation to rip the guy a new ass.

He was always insufferable even back when he did the comic book reviews, but he's gotten worse it seems. He "quit the fandom" and stopped writing for the website after "Man of Steel" came out, because he "couldn't stand to watch the character be perverted to such a degree" or some nonsense. But since he used to review "Smallville" they apparently talked him into coming back to review this new show, so we get to deal with him again. Joy.

He was always 100% spot-on about "Smallville" being a worthless trash fire, though; I can give him that one. And most of his observations about this show are accurate, as well. But like I said, he's SUCH an asshole that who even gives a sh*t?

I guess me reading His Sh*t is a lot like how people here read My Sh*t. He's definitely way beyond me, though. Like holy sh*t.

I dip in and out of this show. It has some things going for it but one thing Neal is correct about is that it mostly runs on "Idiot Plot" to get by, with lots of fanservice to cover up how many things just plain don't make any goddamn sense. It's good by CW standards but it's got a lot of problems.

Old 07-20-2021, 11:44 PM   #208
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Tal Ro is becoming The Eradicator he absorbed the remaining Kryptonian soles into his body and at the end of the episode he was absorbing the Sun's energy
Old 08-18-2021, 12:40 AM   #209
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Decent Season Finale

wonder which Superman Villain will show up in Season 2. I hope Lex Luthor shows up eventually
Old 08-31-2021, 05:15 PM   #210
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

So while it's not a confirmation in and of itself... that DC is making Jon Kent into a gay in the comics... that kind of means they would make that company-wide.

https://thehill.com/changing-america...acter-superman

Season 2 of "Superman & Lois," Jon Kent starts dating dudes. Watch.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2021, 03:44 PM   #211
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Quote:
Teen Wolf alum Ian Bohen is set for a multi-episode arc on the upcoming second season of CW’s Superman & Lois.

Bohen will play Lt. Mitch Anderson, the metaphorical “new sheriff in town” at the DOD. His worldview divides into two types – those you serve and those who serve you. He doesn’t like that Superman exists outside that paradigm and tries to bring the Man of Steel under his authority officially.
https://deadline.com/2021/10/superma...ng-1234847008/
Old 10-11-2021, 04:47 PM   #212
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Yeah... not looking good for Jon Kent at all.

https://komonews.com/news/entertainm...upcoming-comic
Old 10-11-2021, 05:53 PM   #213
mrmaczaps
Banned

Not much bold or new about making yet another straight dude into a gay man. Pandering at its (worlds) finest...
mrmaczaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2021, 04:21 AM   #214
ZariusTwo
Overlord

I see this as a win for the show, given they had the genius to give us two brothers, they can afford to experiment with one of them while the other is straight
Old 10-12-2021, 09:46 AM   #215
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
I see this as a win for the show, given they had the genius to give us two brothers, they can afford to experiment with one of them while the other is straight
Yeah, they can do whatever they want now. Time to tune out.
Old 10-12-2021, 10:24 AM   #216
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Yeah, they can do whatever they want now. Time to tune out.
Not necessarily, this show fired all it's woke writers remember? I'd trust them with this. Woke is only a problem due to the bad writing, it's not a problem in it's own right.
Old 10-12-2021, 10:43 AM   #217
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
Not necessarily, this show fired all it's woke writers remember? I'd trust them with this. Woke is only a problem due to the bad writing, it's not a problem in it's own right.
I don't imagine anyone on "Superman & Lois" has the power to tell WB, "Sorry, WB, we know you guys want Jon Kent to be gay in the comics and for it to be like this big thing but we're not doing that on this show." No, it's still going to end up being something like, "Jon Kent must come to terms with his homosexuality in a town rife with homophobia -- Smallville!" Whether they're bullied into doing it or not.
Old 10-14-2021, 02:47 PM   #218
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Djouliet Amara joins the cast as a Smallville high student with secrets

https://deadline.com/2021/10/superma...es-1234856026/
Old 10-15-2021, 12:54 PM   #219
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Jon Kent's actor reacts to the recent announcement his comic book version will be Bi-Sexual. Insists his interpretation is straight.

https://thegeekiary.com/jon-kent-cam...nicking/101554
Old 10-15-2021, 12:59 PM   #220
Vegita-San
Emperor

"I don’t know if Elsass realizes this, but continuing to portray a canon queer character as “straight” or ignoring a canon queer character’s sexuality falls under the definition of Straightwashing. "

where do you even begin with this nonsense? So, what's it called when they change a character that's been straight for 60 + years? 'normalizing?' sigh..

'Wrong, April. We've Been upgraded to Women hating TROLLS'

?The force is not female, the force is not male, the force is for everyone?
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote