The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 01-05-2016, 04:14 PM   #2221
Storm Eagle
Saved by

Titles and descriptions for the first eight episodes of Dino Supercharge:

Spoiler:
1. When Evil Stirs (1/30)
The Rangers believe their work is done after they've defeated Sledge and his evil monsters. Unbeknownst to them, an even more powerful monster is picking up where Sledge left off and is closer to the Rangers than they think.

2. Forgive and Forget
Snide plans to contaminate the city water with venom that makes you forget who you are in hopes that the Rangers will be infected. Meanwhile, Riley has a score to settle with an old rival at the Amber Beach Marathon.

3. A Date with Danger
Chase tries to impress his new girlfriend, Kaylee by showing how talented and accomplished he is. But when it becomes more about him and less about her, Kaylee starts to fall for the Black Ranger instead.

4. Nightmare in Amber Beach
Shelby receives a pillow from an unknown sender. When she uses it to take a nap, she starts living a nightmare. The Rangers suspect this must be from Snide so they all make sure to stay awake, but that proves to be harder than they thought.

5. Roar of the Red Ranger
Tyler tries to master the new T-Rex Super Charge Mode, but after Heckyl plants a virus in Kendall's computer, the T-Rex Super Charger malfunctions and makes Tyler go wild! Luckily, the Aqua Ranger is able to step in before it's too late.

6. Forged Under Fire
Tyler looks forward to catching up with his dad after not seeing him for the past 10 years. When Tyler's Energem becomes cracked, he is forced to mend it by placing it in Hot Lava and prove to his dad he's not a kid anymore.

7. Home Run Koda
Kendall creates a new Victory Charger that requires the core 5 Energems. But when Riley becomes Koda's coach on the Amber Beach Earthquake baseball team, he has a hard time pulling himself away from the game to help the other Rangers.

8. Riches and Rags
When Ivan mistakes a thousand year old suit of armor as a training dummy, he finds himself in debt after destroying it. Heckyl sends in a hybrid monster named Spell Digger to spread greed to anyone who touches his gold coins.
Storm Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 10:25 PM   #2222
TheCanadiandrome
Big, Bad & Bold

Location: Inside the Technodrome; Shredderville; Saskatchewan
Sounds cool! Count me in!

I'm stoked, I just got my Power Rangers movies in the mail today! Watch MMPR the movie, forgot how good it is

Add me: PSN/XBL; Nintendo Network ID: BDS-3.1.6; Switch FC: SW-3378-5206-8020

TMNT Fan Club: http://sot.ag/4jZR0

Visit My Wish List:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=30904

My Collection:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=40276
TheCanadiandrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 10:29 PM   #2223
T-U-R-T-L-E POWA!
Stone Warrior

A buddy at work was telling me how much he loved Power Rangers as a kid and how mad he was that his mom sold all his stuff at a garage sale one day and that he had tons of stuff that he thought would be worth a lot of money now. I'm 34 so I never really watched Power Rangers too much and always sorta resented it because I felt like it killed hand drawn cartoons but I did enjoy when the White Ranger storyline was going on. I do know that some Power Rangers stuff fetches a pretty good penny now but can anyone speak to some things that are really valuable even if they are loose now?
Old 01-05-2016, 11:39 PM   #2224
Storm Eagle
Saved by

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCanadiandrome View Post

I'm stoked, I just got my Power Rangers movies in the mail today! Watch MMPR the movie, forgot how good it is
I watched it recently too, since I revisited MMPR season 2 after watching Dairanger. The movie came out in between seasons 2 and 3. I never saw it in theaters, but I got it on the day it first came out on home video. I was so confused about how it could possibly fit into continuity until I learned that it really doesn't. It was an okay movie. I was never too crazy about the costumes. The suits looked like badly molded action figures and Lord Zedd's costume looks like it was drawn by a five year-old. I still hope for a Blu-ray release though. Maybe when the new movie comes out in 2017.
Old 01-06-2016, 12:44 AM   #2225
sdp
Megan Fox = April

I was so excited for the movie to come out and I loved it when I saw it, I was indeed confused when I saw the tv show ignore the movie and hated the new origin and found it stupid. It was a great time to be a fan and the movie stuff was everywhere from the summer until Christmas. I loved the suits, they looked more "powerful" than the ones from the show and more "realistic", the command center and everything else looked awesome to me except Zedd. I had no idea who the pig guy was but couldn't wait to find out in the TV show since I was sure they'd explain it there. I also thought they'd use the new sets/costumes in the show and didn't understand why they wouldn't re-use them in the show. When they talked about the "Metallic" upgrade to their suits I was sure they were talking about the movie suits and I was disappointed when I found out the truth.

To me the movie did a fantastic job in bringing PRs to the big screen, we had everything that makes PRs there. The only thing we don't have is the finishing move but I much preferred the creative kick to the groin ending. I didn't know fans didn't like the movie because it wasn't like the show, but it really was, hell I never understood how fans can prefer the awful Turbo movie. I also didn't know the movie did so poorly on theaters until I joined the fandom. I was sure that it had been a huge hit to me that was still at a high point of the fad. I know people crap on the CG, but to me the CG looked amazing, granted I was a little kid but I really don't think it's "bad" for the time. People quote Jurassic Park but even movies now fail to look as good as JP. I haven't re-watched it in a few years so I should probably do it again, but I kind of got burned on it since the only PRs DVD I had when I got back in the fandom in 2005 was this movie so I ended up watching it almost yearly for a while and got tired of it.

I still don't understand the decision to not have it be in continuity, the premise of the movie was so easy to incorporate in the show as side adventure that wasn't necessary to understand the next season. Have them use different zords or just upgraded versions of the Thunderzords to sell new toys and take them away at the end to get back to the status quo. And if it was going to be an alternate universe then they should've taken way more liberties, it was obvious the Dinosaur theme had been the most popular so why not have the zords be them and like the concept art for MMPRs2 have the Tigerzord connect to the Dino Megazord which wouldn't be a problem since the zords were CG. I mean the movie pretty much acts as a sequel to MMPRs2 with the status quo being the same and only Mordant as a new character we don't know that isn't introduced.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 08:19 PM   #2226
Storm Eagle
Saved by

http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/01/...-variant-cover
Old 01-06-2016, 09:44 PM   #2227
TheCanadiandrome
Big, Bad & Bold

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-U-R-T-L-E POWA! View Post
A buddy at work was telling me how much he loved Power Rangers as a kid and how mad he was that his mom sold all his stuff at a garage sale one day and that he had tons of stuff that he thought would be worth a lot of money now. I'm 34 so I never really watched Power Rangers too much and always sorta resented it because I felt like it killed hand drawn cartoons but I did enjoy when the White Ranger storyline was going on. I do know that some Power Rangers stuff fetches a pretty good penny now but can anyone speak to some things that are really valuable even if they are loose now?
Yeah I gave my PR stuff away to a cousin...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm Eagle View Post
I watched it recently too, since I revisited MMPR season 2 after watching Dairanger. The movie came out in between seasons 2 and 3. I never saw it in theaters, but I got it on the day it first came out on home video. I was so confused about how it could possibly fit into continuity until I learned that it really doesn't. It was an okay movie. I was never too crazy about the costumes. The suits looked like badly molded action figures and Lord Zedd's costume looks like it was drawn by a five year-old. I still hope for a Blu-ray release though. Maybe when the new movie comes out in 2017.
Goldar looked cool as did Zedds castle and the command center. I kinda thought it funny how Zedds va sounded different then the show or am I wrong? Also the pig guy kinda sounded like a previous monster from the show

Visit My Wish List:

My Collection:
Old 01-07-2016, 09:30 AM   #2228
Storm Eagle
Saved by

Quote:

Goldar looked cool as did Zedds castle and the command center. I kinda thought it funny how Zedds va sounded different then the show or am I wrong? Also the pig guy kinda sounded like a previous monster from the show
I prefer the look of the TV show, but Goldar looked fine and the Command Center interior looked very high tech. Lord Zedd did sound different in the movie than on the show, although it was still the same voice actor. I guess they tried to make his voice sound more scary. They still used the same voice actors for Zedd, Rita, Goldar, Alpha 5, and Zordon, but they were just played by Australian actors since that's where they filmed the movie.

Mordant was just made up for the movie. Even though this was never made known, an earlier version of the script mentions that he's Goldar's second cousin, three times removed, on his mother's side, visiting for the summer. As for his voice actor, he doesn't seem to have done any work for PR.
Old 01-07-2016, 10:16 AM   #2229
ZariusTwo
Overlord

I always thought Mordant was Pudgy Pig.
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 11:39 AM   #2230
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
I always thought Mordant was Pudgy Pig.
Really?

I could not get how Goldar was his cousin. I could not get how Rita, Rito, and Master Vile were a family either. All differe t species.

Why create Mordant as a oneshot movie character? There is always Baboo and Squatt.

Last edited by MikeandRaph87; 01-07-2016 at 04:01 PM.
MikeandRaph87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 04:28 PM   #2231
ranger_scout
Foot Elite

From Ranger Board:

Dacre Montgomery (Jason, the Red Ranger) has been training hard for the upcoming film.

https://twitter.com/dacremontgomery/...46882403913728
ranger_scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 06:23 PM   #2232
Storm Eagle
Saved by

Power Rangers Time Force has yet to be released next month, but Wild Force is scheduled for release on April 12th.

http://www.amazon.com/Power-Rangers-...=Power+Rangers
Old 01-07-2016, 08:13 PM   #2233
TheCanadiandrome
Big, Bad & Bold

Quote:
I prefer the look of the TV show, but Goldar looked fine and the Command Center interior looked very high tech. Lord Zedd did sound different in the movie than on the show, although it was still the same voice actor. I guess they tried to make his voice sound more scary. They still used the same voice actors for Zedd, Rita, Goldar, Alpha 5, and Zordon, but they were just played by Australian actors since that's where they filmed the movie.

Mordant was just made up for the movie. Even though this was never made known, an earlier version of the script mentions that he's Goldar's second cousin, three times removed, on his mother's side, visiting for the summer. As for his voice actor, he doesn't seem to have done any work for PR.
oh ok, ty for the information dude

Quote:
Power Rangers Time Force has yet to be released next month, but Wild Force is scheduled for release on April 12th.

http://www.amazon.com/Power-Rangers-...=Power+Rangers
glad i have the Legacy set as well as the megasets lol so i'm all good

Visit My Wish List:

My Collection:
Old 01-08-2016, 12:54 AM   #2234
Storm Eagle
Saved by

Quote:
glad i have the Legacy set as well as the megasets lol so i'm all good
Well that's for anyone who might be more interested in getting the individual sets. Maybe we'll get Ninja Storm in June, but I'm happy about how it seems as though we'll get that this year anyway. I want to be able to get both that and Time Force for my friend for Christmas later this year, as those are her two favorite seasons. When I had my own recorded PRNS episodes, I made copies of them and sent them to her. So I'd want her to have something authentic. She'd even want S.P.D. too. So maybe that will also come out this year.
Old 01-09-2016, 12:26 PM   #2235
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Saban have trademarked "Ninja Steel", whether this is the title of the next series or a name for something in it is not yet known, but it's looking like Ninnenger is our next Sentai adaptation.
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2016, 12:33 PM   #2236
ranger_scout
Foot Elite

A sneak peak of some of the pages from the MIGHTY MORPHIN POWER RANGERS #0 comic have been released.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/co...m-studios-2016
Old 01-09-2016, 12:41 PM   #2237
sdp
Megan Fox = April

So can someone explain the new comics to me since Saban got PRs back?

They made some new comics out of the new seasons didn't they?
And they already made MMPR comics a while ago right? I remember getting an MMPR comic during FCBD, or was that another publisher?

And are these comics an alternate continuity or meant to be canon with the show?

I think MMPR comics or PRs comics in general have potential but the FCBD comic was a waste of time. Sure it was a neat story but they should really use the format to tell awesome stuff we never got to see in the show. It would also be a great format to have team ups that could never happen in real life etc. Not just a generic monster of the day story, those were fine in the 90s when I was a kid or for the mini comics they had in the PR magazines in the UK for later seasons but these could go further than that and not just a kids licensed comic.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2016, 03:49 PM   #2238
Allio
Foot Elite

for the most part, it just seems to be expanded universe.
Old 01-10-2016, 12:05 AM   #2239
Storm Eagle
Saved by

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
And are these comics an alternate continuity or meant to be canon with the show?
Apparently an alternate continuity, since this article calls it a standalone series.

http://www.mtv.com/news/2724441/migh...comic-preview/

It makes sense since they're using texting phones.
Old 01-10-2016, 10:04 AM   #2240
ranger_scout
Foot Elite

Here is RJ Cyler (Billy, the Blue Ranger) training for the reboot film.

https://twitter.com/rj_cyler/status/685645577485328384

Tags
power rangers