The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Books, Comics, and Other Literature

Notices

Old 12-15-2016, 12:47 PM   #701
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Superman Reborn dominates the month of March

So, tragedy for Lois and Clark, Jon as the prize in a deadly game, Clark's life drastically changed, and the revelations of Mr Oz's cryptic words
Oh, and Paul Dini is writing a back-up for Action#975

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
Who is this New Super-Man?
An asian superhero who has a copy of Superman's genome, he fights crime alongside the Chinese versions of Batman and Wonder Woman.
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2016, 08:57 AM   #702
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Batman...King's just taking the piss now. He made Bane a wimp. Taken out with just one kick to the back from Selina? "Naked" Scarface? What?

Cyborg...all over the place with characters flip-flopping and loads of double-bluffs, but damn entertaining.

JL vs SS...not a bad start. Pity they spoiled the big comeback in solits.

Trinity, gorgeous art, and Ivy can pack a mean punch (but she has the sense to have concern for Supes' kid)

Superman...alright, poor Frankenstien though. Nice ending with the Kent family.
Old 12-21-2016, 09:08 AM   #703
saintsaucey
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
Detective Comics was pretty boring except for Clayface, and Red Hood and the Outlaws was great. Not really much to say on either one... mostly a lot of punching.
Detective comics is amazing right now.
saintsaucey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2016, 09:14 AM   #704
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

One says Detective Comics is boring and the other says its great. Would forms you opinion that its boring, CKD? What forms your opinion that it is great, Saintsaucy? I am curious to what forms the opposite opinions?
Old 12-21-2016, 10:01 AM   #705
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
One says Detective Comics is boring and the other says its great. Would forms you opinion that its boring, CKD? What forms your opinion that it is great, Saintsaucy? I am curious to what forms the opposite opinions?
It's just a bunch of predictable punching and growling. Nothing we haven't seen before.

At this point, Batman comics have to always be doing something unique and different, whether on a grand scale or a small personal scale, and this just felt typical. Except, as I mentioned, the Clayface stuff.

Oh, and I hate predictable. Everything in this issue was predictable.
Old 12-21-2016, 08:39 PM   #706
myconius
Abby Normal

Location: the grave marked "Unknown" right beside Arch Stanton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
Batman...King's just taking the piss now. He made Bane a wimp. Taken out with just one kick to the back from Selina? "Naked" Scarface? What?
Tom King must be operating as a double agent.
trying to take down one of DC's best selling books with bad writing.
seems the plan has backfired as some fanboys are still frothing over it, just cuz it's BATMAN!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
It's just a bunch of predictable punching and growling. Nothing we haven't seen before.

At this point, Batman comics have to always be doing something unique and different, whether on a grand scale or a small personal scale, and this just felt typical. Except, as I mentioned, the Clayface stuff.

Oh, and I hate predictable. Everything in this issue was predictable.
this series did start out with some potential, but has been getting very 'Meh'.
Old 12-22-2016, 06:18 AM   #707
saintsaucey
Hench Mutant

Quote:
It's the team aspect.

Batman has pulled together a team. Batwoman is incharge of Stephanie Brown/Spoiler, Tim Drake/Red Robin, Cassie (I can't recall her last name)/Orphan(we all know she used to go by batgirl. Not sure if that was ever true in this universe though) and Clayface. Another member joins later on. Lucious Fox's son but I don't remember his identity.

Frankly this is Batman's version of the Birds of Prey with all of my favorite characters. I think the bat family got screwed the worst with new 52 and all that. Plus damien wayne can **** right the hell off.
Old 12-22-2016, 09:06 AM   #708
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Batwoman II, Red Robin, Spoiler, and Batgirl II as a team? Also,Clayface/ Basil Karlo is working with them? Why would Clayface work with the extended Batfamily? I get Tim working with Stephanie and Cassandra,but would not have penned Kathy as a leader.
Old 12-22-2016, 09:23 AM   #709
myconius
Abby Normal

Quote:
Batwoman II, Red Robin, Spoiler, and Batgirl II as a team? Also,Clayface/ Basil Karlo is working with them? Why would Clayface work with the extended Batfamily? I get Tim working with Stephanie and Cassandra,but would not have penned Kathy as a leader.
all the current Batman titles as a whole are pretty poor.

ever since this relaunch the main Superman books have been far superior.
Action Comics is a bit unsteady in it's quality, but the main Superman title has been really good.
Old 12-22-2016, 09:25 AM   #710
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

I went by my LCS yesterday mid afternoon and saw the DC Christmas Special there. It was $10 freaking dollars! Also, the advertised Dick Grayson/Barbara Gordon story was a mere two page extension of the Teen Titans story. So I did not shall out 10 dollars for that.

Let me know about Underworld Olympics or or stuff you read,Myconius.
Old 12-22-2016, 09:29 AM   #711
myconius
Abby Normal

Quote:
I went by my LCS yesterday mid afternoon and saw the DC Christmas Special there. It was $10 freaking dollars! Also, the advertised Dick Grayson/Barbara Gordon story was a mere two page extension of the Teen Titans story. So I did not shall out 10 dollars for that.

Let me know about Underworld Olympics or or stuff you read,Myconius.
i don't blame you at all. $10 for a special is way too much $$$$
especially where more than half of it will be fodder.

which issues did the Underworld Olympics run through again?
Old 12-22-2016, 09:30 AM   #712
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by myconius View Post
i don't blame you at all. $10 for a special is way too much $$$$
especially where more than half of it will be fodder.

which issues did the Underworld Olympics run through again?
Batman#272-275. It was perhaps the most interesting attempt to tie into the Olympics until Mario vs Sonic came along.

If the Dick/Barbara story was say 15-17 pages I actually would have bought it but 2 pages? Why bother even advertising it? Sorry, I got my hopes up and it frustrates me because I love those two.
Old 12-22-2016, 09:55 AM   #713
myconius
Abby Normal

Quote:
Batman#272-275. It was perhaps the most interesting attempt to tie into the Olympics until Mario vs Sonic came along.

If the Dick/Barbara story was say 15-17 pages I actually would have bought it but 2 pages? Why bother even advertising it? Sorry, I got my hopes up and it frustrates me because I love those two.
thank you! i'll have to check out those issues # 272-275 some time.

yeah they've been not too kind to the whole Dick and Babs relationship for a while now. i kinda gave up after a while.

and now them turning Selina Kyle into a mass murderer???
these cheap 'shock value' stunts are just getting so stupid!
Old 12-22-2016, 12:39 PM   #714
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Yeah, it makes no sense for Dick and Babs to be acting this way around one another, especially since the pair got married in Convergence...yeah they don't remember it because of Flashpoint but that does'nt excuse their behaviour after all they've ever went through. It flies in the face of DC's whole Rebirth mantra of restoring relationships, not deconstructing them. I suppose Didio still has a stick up his ass regarding his well known instruction that no Bat-Character ever be happy. Batwoman is still paying the price for that.

It gets easier if you just headcanon that Hipster Babs is'nt the real Batgirl and that the real one is a prisoner of Oz alongside Tim Drake (that said, Oz's connection to at least Superman is revealed in March)

And now Bruce and Selina can rekindle their romance, but we know it'll be short-term because of this ridiculous crime hanging over Selina's head
Old 12-22-2016, 01:05 PM   #715
myconius
Abby Normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
Yeah, it makes no sense for Dick and Babs to be acting this way around one another, especially since the pair got married in Convergence...yeah they don't remember it because of Flashpoint but that does'nt excuse their behaviour after all they've ever went through. It flies in the face of DC's whole Rebirth mantra of restoring relationships, not deconstructing them. I suppose Didio still has a stick up his ass regarding his well known instruction that no Bat-Character ever be happy. Batwoman is still paying the price for that.

It gets easier if you just headcanon that Hipster Babs is'nt the real Batgirl and that the real one is a prisoner of Oz alongside Tim Drake (that said, Oz's connection to at least Superman is revealed in March)

And now Bruce and Selina can rekindle their romance, but we know it'll be short-term because of this ridiculous crime hanging over Selina's head
these definitely aren't the same Dick Grayson and Barbara Gordon that we saw in Convergence.
Pre-Flashpoint Superman & Lois coming face to face with (the now deceased) New 52 Superman & Lois is proof of that.
in the Nightwing annual Superman has even started that the Dick Grayson he knew was from a whole other universe.
and this Tim Drake is still the New 52 version that was never actually Robin, but Red Robin.

Catwoman - - ever since the New 52 started they've had absolutely NO idea what to do with her character!
now 237 counts of murder? - - - - - - the plot sickens.
Old 12-22-2016, 02:00 PM   #716
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
these definitely aren't the same Dick Grayson and Barbara Gordon that we saw in Convergence.
Pre-Flashpoint Superman & Lois coming face to face with (the now deceased) New 52 Superman & Lois is proof of that.
in the Nightwing annual Superman has even started that the Dick Grayson he knew was from a whole other universe.
and this Tim Drake is still the New 52 version that was never actually Robin, but Red Robin.

Catwoman - - ever since the New 52 started they've had absolutely NO idea what to do with her character!
now 237 counts of murder? - - - - - - the plot sickens.

I'm confused. Tim Drake is pre-Flaspoint while Dick Grayson us New 52? Barbara Gordon is unknown or pre-Flaspoint? It seems DC is mixing and matching to TPTB's liking.

Alfred and Leslie should marry and solidify as Bruce's surrogate parents. Dick Grayson marries Barbara Gordon and Bruce Wayne marries Selina Kyle. It can stoll have dark turns even if light of solid relationships are oresent. That isn't crazy is it?
Old 12-22-2016, 02:16 PM   #717
myconius
Abby Normal

Quote:
I'm confused. Tim Drake is pre-Flaspoint while Dick Grayson us New 52? Barbara Gordon is unknown or pre-Flaspoint? It seems DC is mixing and matching to TPTB's liking.

Alfred and Leslie should marry and solidify as Bruce's surrogate parents. Dick Grayson marries Barbara Gordon and Bruce Wayne marries Selina Kyle. It can stoll have dark turns even if light of solid relationships are oresent. That isn't crazy is it?
actually, NONE of the DC characters right now are Pre-Flashpoint

EXCEPT for the married Superman, Lois and their son Jonathan.

everyone else is still New 52.
Old 12-22-2016, 04:27 PM   #718
saintsaucey
Hench Mutant

Quote:
actually, NONE of the DC characters right now are Pre-Flashpoint

EXCEPT for the married Superman, Lois and their son Jonathan.

everyone else is still New 52.
Wally West is pre flash point. There is the new Wally West and the old wally west both exsisting in the same universe.
Old 12-22-2016, 05:16 PM   #719
myconius
Abby Normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by saintsaucey View Post
Wally West is pre flash point. There is the new Wally West and the old wally west both exsisting in the same universe.
yeah. - - - - the DCU is now just one big cluster&#%@ mess!
Old 12-22-2016, 06:46 PM   #720
saintsaucey
Hench Mutant

Quote:
yeah. - - - - the DCU is now just one big cluster&#%@ mess!
It's better than marvel

Tags
batman, bendis, dc comics, superman, wonder woman