The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 06-21-2017, 07:10 PM   #3521
sdp
Megan Fox = April

How many Garo series are there including movies?

I'd love to get into it, I've heard good stuff about it.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 07:34 PM   #3522
Allio
Foot Elite

Okay let's see.

TV Live action

Garo First Season (Garo Armor User: Kouga)
-Movies:
--Demon Beast of the Midnight Sun (TV Movie)
--Red Requiem (Movie)
--Kiba (direct to dvd about the dark knight in the first season)

Garo: Makai Senkai "Second Season" (Garo Armor User Kouga)
-Movies
--Demon Dragon of the Blue Cries
--Tougen no Fue (Direct to dvd movie of the female characters)
-Zero Black Blood (6 episode mini of the second character Zero)
-Zero Dragon Blood (12 episode mini sequel to Black Blood)

Garo: The one that shines in the darkness "Season 3" (Armor user: Dougai Ryouga)
-Movies
--Golden Storm

Garo: The Makai Flower "Season 4" (Armor User: Taiga)
-Movies
--Bikuu (a female character of the film)
--Upcoming movie: Moonbow Traveler

Garo: Golden Storm Shou "Season 5" (Armor User: Dougai Ryouga, sequel to Golden Storm Movie)
-Movie
--Upcoming movie: Divine Fang

Other: Garo: Makai Retsudan (features several non-Garo characters, Knights and Priests)
-Ashura

Garo The Animation

Season 1: The Carved Seal of Flames (Garo User: Leon)
-Movie
--Devine Flame

Season 2: Crimson Moon (Garo User: Raikou

Untitled 3rd season

--

And that's pretty much it. you can try it by watching them in release order. But I would like to see someone try to do it in Chronological order. Which would be:

Garo Anime Season 2 -> Garo Anime Season 1 -> Garo -> Garo TV Season 2 -> Garo TV Season 4 -> Garo TV Season 3 -> Garo TV season 5
Old 06-21-2017, 07:52 PM   #3523
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Wow, I didn't know it was so much, for some reason I was led to believe that it was a short series. I usually prefer to watch stuff in release order but I may just be the guinea pig and watch it for the first time in chronological order and post results. I'll probably do this in December though, that's when I do my yearly Toku marathons.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 08:28 PM   #3524
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Thoughts on Boom's 16th issue,anyone?

Spoiler:
More thoughts will follow, but I will out this out there...Where is Earth-2 Kimberly? Having Jadon killed makes sense, but not any if the other four, but a chsnce to shine.
The issue resokved everything too quickly despite the dragged out plot. That surprised me.
Old 06-21-2017, 10:44 PM   #3525
Allio
Foot Elite

hopefully the next story arc will be better.
Old 06-22-2017, 08:47 AM   #3526
Allio
Foot Elite

Gavan vs Dekaranger (SPD) is out

Disappointed inthe mecha fight. I mean, I'm not surprised, since the Dekranger mech suits were destroyed YEARS ago (I think they only keep mech suits for like 5-6 years before destroying them) but still.

The ending has cameos of all sorts of metal heroes including Juspion (One of the VR Troopers) as well as B-Fighter and B-fighter Kabuto (Beetleborgs)
Old 06-22-2017, 08:59 AM   #3527
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allio View Post
hopefully the next story arc will be better.
What was it about the alternate Earth arc did you not like? I have my problems with it; but liked it overall. If anything it gave me my favorite and second favorite a one on one team up. Despite serving together the longest Tommy and Billy were just a part of the same group never interacting individually.
Old 06-22-2017, 08:37 PM   #3528
Storm Eagle
Saved by

Someone got the Wal-Mart exclusive version of the movie already, and they show its slipcover art here, which differentiates it from all the other store-exclusive versions.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BVmHN98lFCG/
Storm Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 11:08 PM   #3529
Slade
god status

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
Thoughts on Boom's 16th issue,anyone?

Spoiler:
More thoughts will follow, but I will out this out there...Where is Earth-2 Kimberly? Having Jadon killed makes sense, but not any if the other four, but a chsnce to shine.
The issue resokved everything too quickly despite the dragged out plot. That surprised me.
I started out really liking it as you know, but as a whole, now that I've read the entire arc, I feel disappointed in it. I did like Drakkon, but I started to feel like Saba shouldn't have been there. Idk, something about the last couple of issues just felt off to me.
Slade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2017, 11:03 AM   #3530
The Deadman
Foot Elite

I didnt know there was a game based on the Turbo season and it's Japanese counterpart

Last Movie Watched: Hell House LLC (2015).
Last TV Show Watched: Adventures of Sonic The Hedgehog (S1:E29).
The Deadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2017, 06:45 PM   #3531
ranger_scout
Foot Elite

Dean Israelite, the director of the reboot, blamed the film's box-office performance on the film's PG-13 rating. He believes that if it had been given a PG rating, then it would've done better.

http://screenrant.com/power-rangers-rating-success/
ranger_scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2017, 09:09 PM   #3532
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranger_scout View Post
Dean Israelite, the director of the reboot, blamed the film's box-office performance on the film's PG-13 rating. He believes that if it had been given a PG rating, then it would've done better.

http://screenrant.com/power-rangers-rating-success/
That's interesting considering PG-13 usually have a lot of success, the movie was good, but it took the 3rd act when it becomes a Power Rangers movie
Old 06-23-2017, 09:53 PM   #3533
ranger_scout
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
That's interesting considering PG-13 usually have a lot of success, the movie was good, but it took the 3rd act when it becomes a Power Rangers movie
Yes, but it's a film based on a kids TV show. Maybe after parents took their children to see 2014's Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, they thought it had too much adult humor and sexual references that they didn't want to see Out of the Shadows. Maybe those films and Power Rangers should've been rated PG and had a "Big Hero 6" type feel to it.

My co-workers, who are teachers, said they weren't planning on taking their kids to see Power Rangers and they also didn't recommend the film to their students while they sat down and had lunch with them. Family audiences were more interested in seeing Beauty and the Beast and The Boss Baby that month.
Old 06-23-2017, 10:53 PM   #3534
Xav
Foot Elite

The problem is if you go PG you turn off adults who think it's just a kids movie. They clearly wanted this film to appeal to adults who grew up with the TV show.
Xav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2017, 04:32 AM   #3535
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xav View Post
The problem is if you go PG you turn off adults who think it's just a kids movie. They clearly wanted this film to appeal to adults who grew up with the TV show.
They didn't quite succeed. I mean...I liked the movie, but had no interest in the Young Adult fiction route they were going. I'm five years short of turning fourty.
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2017, 04:45 PM   #3536
ranger_scout
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
That was one of the problems I had with Turbo: A Power Rangers Movie. The action really didn't happen until they got to the temple to stop Divatox and rescue Kimberly and Jason. I didn't rewatch that film as much as a kid. Plus, I liked the second Turbo cast on the TV series better because they seemed more unified and had interesting personalities.
Old 06-25-2017, 04:02 AM   #3537
Storm Eagle
Saved by

Hassan Ahmed does a review of the Best Buy exclusive version of the PR movie release and shows off the packaging, as well as the cards included. I was right about the cards having profiles on the backs of them, but they also have fun facts. There are six cards, and they're of the five rangers and Rita Repulsa.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d3xGCrIZYRQ

Now that I've seen all that the Best Buy exclusive has to offer, I'll just stick to getting the Wal-Mart exclusive.
Old 06-26-2017, 09:38 AM   #3538
Brodie
Certified Teacher

Its also worth noting, Target's exclusive has not only the steelbook, but a reprint of the Aftershock graphic novel. That book is out of print, and for a short one-off, it fetches relatively high prices. So, for the same price as the other blurays, you get that included as well.
Old 06-26-2017, 02:43 PM   #3539
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

The director of the Power Rangers movie wants to see Lord Zedd in the sequel.
http://comicbook.com/movies/2017/06/...ean-israelite/
Old 06-26-2017, 04:10 PM   #3540
Storm Eagle
Saved by

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodie View Post
Its also worth noting, Target's exclusive has not only the steelbook, but a reprint of the Aftershock graphic novel. That book is out of print, and for a short one-off, it fetches relatively high prices. So, for the same price as the other blurays, you get that included as well.
I've reported Target's exclusive version already.

As for the graphic novel itself, Barnes & Noble's site still seems to have some to sell. Some of the stores near me apparently have some stocked as well. I was going to wait until after I saw the movie to get it, and the soonest I saw myself seeing the movie is when I could get it on home video, which of course will be tomorrow. Barnes & Noble might even e-mail me on Thursday about a discount code, which I'd use towards a copy, as well as a couple of other things. Besides, the stand-alone version is 96 pages while the one that comes with the Target steelbook release is just 54 pages.

Tags
power rangers