The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Video Games

Notices

Old 12-27-2017, 03:26 PM   #9981
Chaotix12345
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
Mario Party the top 100? What game is that? Haven't heard of it.
Basically a Mario Party mini-game collection drawing from the ten main games in the series. Also features a new version of the Mini-Game Island from the first one. It had Face Lift, so I was pretty much sold from Day 1. XD
Chaotix12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2017, 04:15 AM   #9982
Turo602
The King of Kings

This was my Christmas haul this year.
Spoiler:

And to my surprise while at Gamestop yesterday, I found these gems for around 15 dollars each, and took advantage of their buy 2 get 1 free promotion they have going on.
Spoiler:
Old 12-28-2017, 02:49 PM   #9983
shredder orokusaki
Mad Scientist

I finished Nier automata and started Ghost recon wildlands. Iam on 6th mission in Wildlands. Both great games!
Old 12-28-2017, 05:31 PM   #9984
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Anyone here have an 8bitdo controller? Care to give a review?
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2017, 02:08 PM   #9985
Ninjinister
無問題

My Christmas games plus Data East Classic Collection, which wasn't actually a Christmas gift, but it showed up in the post on the day I opened presents with the fam.

GBA loose cart is Pac-Man World/Ms. Pac-Man Maze Madness.
Old 01-03-2018, 06:40 PM   #9986
Redmage1987
Hench Mutant

My latest gaming purchase! I've been wanting a Sega Saturn for a long time, and I finally got one! I also got the Saturn version of Mega Man 8, too! The system is in terrific condition, and it also came with Skeleton Warriors, and two mint condition controllers as well! I had to buy Mega Man 8 separately, and I spent $219 on it. I've been saving up for a really long time to get that version, and I'm so happy to finally have it! I spent about $150 on the console, so I feel like I got a pretty good deal on it. I'm going to have to replace the consoles battery, though, because otherwise I can't save my game data to the system memory. I was surprised to learn that the Saturn uses a CR2032 battery, which you can buy just about anywhere, and it's easy to change out without having to take the system apart.

Last edited by Redmage1987; 01-03-2018 at 06:53 PM.
Redmage1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 07:06 PM   #9987
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Been currently been playing Duel Masters: Shadow of the Code for Gameboy Advance since no one outside of Japan plays that card game anymore

Also been playing Pokemon Mystery Dunegon: Red Rescue Team and Super Mario Bros. 3

Shredder could've done more than blow up the Channel Six building. I don't mean as far as murdering Splinter, but think of the possibilities if censors were not an issue.

Shredder and Krang combined had the biggest arsenal of any villains in all of the cartoons.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2018, 08:49 AM   #9988
Wesley
Mad Scientist

Recently, I’ve been playing Tales of Symphonia and Animal Crossing, both for the GameCube. Good games that hold up well, imo.
Wesley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 04:47 PM   #9989
AquaParade
Banned

Am I bound to be disappointed by Breath of the Wild at this point? We all know how easily unrealistic expectations can get after a surge of game-industry/community hype.

I'm thinking of picking up a Switch in the next week or two, mainly to play this.

Btw, the last game I played was "Inside" on PS4. I can easily recommend this to almost anyone. I played through the 2-3 hours in one sitting, knowing very little going in, and enjoyed the hell out of it.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2018, 12:31 AM   #9990
Turo602
The King of Kings

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaParade View Post
Am I bound to be disappointed by Breath of the Wild at this point? We all know how easily unrealistic expectations can get after a surge of game-industry/community hype.
How you feel all really depends on what you want from a Zelda game.

I don't think people would be off base to call this the next Ocarina of Time. It does a lot to change the way you play and view a Zelda game, and introduces so many new elements and ideas that will no doubt shape the future of the series.

While the game is true to its roots with its directionless and beautiful massive open world, the new free-roam structure also feels like it compromises a lot of what made fans like previous 3D titles such as Ocarina of Time, Wind Waker, and Twilight Princess.

Story progression, dungeons, bosses, combat, rewards, and items are all done in a way that caters to this new open-world approach, which isn't necessarily a bad thing, but also makes you question whether or not you'd rather sacrifice all those things in favor of this new structure.

Personally, I don't think Breath of the Wild is the ultimate Zelda experience that people are hyping it up to be. However, what's here does feel like the perfect foundation for such a game. But don't get me wrong, the game is still very much worth your time. After all, these are all things I've had time to think about after spending over 200 joyous hours with the game.
Old 01-06-2018, 12:42 AM   #9991
Cure
Y'all need Jesus

Turo, lately every time you type something, it feels like you think you're in school trying to impress a teacher with an essay, haha. It's not a knock or anything, just everything you say feels so formal.
Cure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2018, 01:05 AM   #9992
Turo602
The King of Kings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cure View Post
Turo, lately every time you type something, it feels like you think you're in school trying to impress a teacher with an essay, haha. It's not a knock or anything, just everything you say feels so formal.
LMAO! Probably because I have been in school for the past year and have written SO MANY papers. I also generally just try to organize my thoughts very clearly. But I'm gonna stick with the school thing.
Old 01-09-2018, 04:43 PM   #9993
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy

Been playing through the Witcher series for the past couple of weeks. Finished up Assassins of Kings a few hours ago and just started on Wild Hunt.

TurtleTitan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 02:27 AM   #9994
Ninjinister
無問題

My first purchase for 2018!
Old 01-10-2018, 01:19 PM   #9995
PApagreg
Mad Scientist

Recently downloaded End of Zoe and it was AMAZING, I would pay good money for a Resident Evil game where Joe Baker is the protagonist.
Old 01-10-2018, 01:24 PM   #9996
Spike Spiegel
See You Next Mission

I've never played a Shin Megami Tensei game before, and I blind bought the Soul Hackers remake on 3DS. I really like the characters and the dungeons. It feels like a game from the late '90s, but not in a way that makes it unplayable.

I think that with this game and Code of Princess, ATLUS has become my favorite developer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryomancer View Post
Mirage [is]...a comic about life and how life and the people closest to you just absolutely suck sometimes. It's "adult" in a very real sense, in that it deals with heavy themes that resonate more with adults, not that it's full of blood and titties or whatever.
Quote:
Originally Posted by d_osborn View Post
[TMNT 1990 director Steve] Barron recognized the early Mirage issues as perfect storyboards. It's a shame no other filmmaker has.
Spike Spiegel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 09:55 PM   #9997
Redmage1987
Hench Mutant

Snagged yet another new system!
Old 01-20-2018, 07:07 AM   #9998
Turo602
The King of Kings

So after burning through Batman: Return to Arkham, I've finally been able to play Arkham Knight and have recently finished it. I'm currently working through the extra DLC episodes, but holy sh*t, what a game. It's easily the best for me. They really upped their game in so many ways.

The story is just a vast improvement over previous games. The Arkham Knight may have been a dumb and pointless identity and the reveal wasn't really shocking either, but there were still plenty of big shockers and moments throughout. You can really feel the sh*t piling on Batman's shoulders in this game and the way they went about handling it all was very satisfactory.

Free-flow combat is even more fluid as is traversing the city. Combos are no longer ruined by downed enemies or enemies too far to attack or counter. The quickfire exploding gel has even received a much needed streamlined revision that makes it easier to use in combat and the the wide array of new moves keeps the combat from getting stale.

I honestly don't get why there's so much criticism for the Batmobile. Sure, it's a big part of the game, but you're still going to be gliding around Gotham, beating up bad guys, and doing stealth for the majority of the game. And it's not like the Batmobile itself was awful to use. I actually really enjoyed the many ways it was implemented and it only further added to the feel of Batman (tank battles aside, of course).

I will say however, recycling the Arkham Knight tank battle for Deathstroke was really cheap and unnecessary. I genuinely enjoyed the battle the first time with the Arkham Knight, as it was really tense, but doing it a second time was overkill.

The boss fights in this game were pretty weak in general, which is true for most of the games. Arkham Origins is the only one to have good boss fights all around. Though, this is definitely the better game overall, so I didn't really mind it too much, considering this series isn't exactly known for its boss fights.

Honestly, I hope this is the last we see of this series. It was a good end and continuing it would only cheapen the legacy of these games. Right now, I'd prefer if Rocksteady moved onto a new superhero, specifically Superman, and do him justice like they did Batman. If they ever return to Batman, it should be under a new title, set in a new universe, with a different art style. Though, I take it WB is already working on another game.
Old 01-20-2018, 05:31 PM   #9999
Ninjinister
無問題

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redmage1987 View Post

Snagged yet another new system!
<.<

>.>

<.<

(steals)
Old 01-26-2018, 04:52 PM   #10000
Redmage1987
Hench Mutant

So I'm looking for some recommendations for DS/DSi games. I'm mainly just looking to get more games for them. The games that I have are...

5 in 1 Solitaire
Art Style: Pictobits
Aura-Aura Climber
Bomber Man Blitz
Brain Age: Train Your Brain in Minutes a Day!
Castle of Magic
Chrono Trigger
Dark Void Zero
Dr. Mario Express
Dragon Quest Wars
Electroplankton: Beatnes
Final Fantasy 3
Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon
Guitar Hero: On Tour
Legend of Spyro: The Eternal Night
Legend of Zelda: Four Swords
Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass
Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks
Mario Kart DS
New Super Mario Bros.
Oregon Trail
Personal Trainer: Cooking
Photo Dojo
Pokemon Diamond
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Soul Silver
Rhythm Heaven
Shantae: Risky's Revenge
Starship Defense
Super Mario 64 DS
Tetris Party Live
UNO
WarioWare D.I.Y.

What games would you guys recommend trying out?

Tags
awesome, cybercubed the diaper, cybercubed the homophobe, peanut, video games