The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Fan Creations > Fan Works Discussion

Notices

Old 02-18-2014, 08:15 AM   #1081
Luckyday
Mad Scientist

I need help with my fic

I am trying to write a scene of when Leo and Donatello comes face to face with an another turtle but I don't want to be just "I never seen another mutant turtle before." I want to be realistic. A deconstruction on what it would be really like for them and to have a lot of mix emotions. There would be confusion, nervousness, skepticism/denial, and just a tiny bit of joy. I don't how they suppose to react to finding someone close like them but I fear that I may be taking this reaction a little over the top. I try re-watching Slash and Destroy but that moment happens way too quickly for me grasp.

I can't help but thinking that this type of story has been done to death too many times in fan fiction.
We’re not unicorns!
WE’RE WOMEN AND WE TAKE WHAT WE WANT!
-Wendy Corduroy, Gravity Falls

Last edited by Luckyday; 02-18-2014 at 11:29 AM.
Luckyday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 10:55 AM   #1082
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

Having a fifth Turtle has been done many times in fan fiction, but I believe that you could do a believable one if you just put your mind to it. I would think that if they encountered another mutant turtle like them they would feel shock, fear, uncertainty, and apprehension, especially after what happened with Slash. But maybe after gaining the mutant's trust, they would change their tune and begin to see the mutant as another ally. At least, that's the way I see it. Hope that helps, LD.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 11:42 AM   #1083
Luckyday
Mad Scientist

It does. I also want to try writing add some deconstruction elements in the story. This turtle has zero human traits. It doesn't talk, is cold blooded and can't hear like they do. The point is have a character that is so much like a real turtle that she seem completely alien to them. And another thing is that they don't find her attractive; they didn't know that she a girl at first. The guys who have been living in isolation for fifteen years are use to identify a gender base on mammal parts; not turtle parts so anything that doesn't look human is just not their type.
We’re not unicorns!
Old 02-18-2014, 02:33 PM   #1084
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

Ah, I see. Well, that is an interesting twist to the female Turtle subplot we've seen many times in fan fiction. I say go for it as I think it would be neat to explore in your own way. I'm glad they won't be all over her and think she's hot though.

Old 02-19-2014, 09:45 PM   #1085
Amityville Rock
Foot Soldier

Exclamation Re:

Season Two Episode Eight of my TMNT/Gargoyles Crossover is now posted -

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1006364...lon-and-Beyond

Episode Summary -

The heroes of the battle for Avalon find themselves in Dimension X where they encounter a terrifying new enemy the insatiable Intechnovores, Kala the Neutrino returns. *WARNING contains Excessive Violence and Character Death WARNING*

Enjoy
Amityville Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 06:42 PM   #1086
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BubblyShell22 View Post
Ah, I see. Well, that is an interesting twist to the female Turtle subplot we've seen many times in fan fiction. I say go for it as I think it would be neat to explore in your own way. I'm glad they won't be all over her and think she's hot though.
I'll echo that sentiment, and add as a side-note that I had an idea a while back for a Donnie-based tale where he actually "fell" for an actual turtle he was tracking as part of one of his never-ending science projects. Sort of a "what if" of how close does one get to the subject of one's studies, and where do you draw the line between objectivity and obsession? Kind of weird, but your question reminded me of that little plot bunny. It's been sitting on the back burner for a while- might have to get back to that one....

So this gal is so far from human she can't even talk? That's kind of what I was going for with mine (but with a normal sea turtle) but your idea is pretty awesome, too! Looking forward to reading it!

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 07:52 AM   #1088
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

Read and reviewed your latest chapter, Zar. I thought it was awesome and can't wait to read more.

Old 02-21-2014, 08:48 AM   #1089
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Thanks again Bubbly, glad you enjoyed it
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 08:47 PM   #1090
Amityville Rock
Foot Soldier

Thumbs up

Quote:
I agree sounds like an interesting new twist on a favorite classic TMNT fanfiction trope of mine. I'll be sure to read it, when the author posts the story.
Amityville Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 11:33 PM   #1091
Luckyday
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amityville Rock View Post
I agree sounds like an interesting new twist on a favorite classic TMNT fanfiction trope of mine. I'll be sure to read it, when the author posts the story.
I already finish the first chapter. I'm stuck on the the second chapter. I am at the part where they suddenly see a turtle in front of them. They probably are more likely to have conflicting emotions in the mirage universe, because there are practically zero mutants so it's much more "OH MY GAWD THERE A TURTLE HERE!" but in the nick there a lot of other mutants so is this really something that they would gawk at? This turtle is also something that not even with in the same species as them which only puts this even more in the "if this turtle girl not the same species as me then why are you're making a this huge freak'in big deal?" category.
I know I'm overthinking and overwriting this but please bear with me.
Maybe the part where the shock and awe is due because this thing was a ugly looking human and then mutated into a turtle with no pre warning, meaning it just mutated out of the blue with no kraang or mutagen in sight . It could be a delay mutation (like Squirrelanoids) but there also the fact that it's 100 percent sea turtle so by textbook definition it's not even a real mutant. Donnie is only one that comments on this but what really sets off the alarm bells is when he finds out that this turtle been stalking April.

I'm in process of making a mini essay on how they view mutants because if they are mostly attracted to humans, they don't go out of their way to befriend friendly mutants (Mikey is the exception) or see any mutants unless they cause trouble, and Leo even once ask himself through his hero "Are you man or turtle?". This....paints a disturbing picture which beg the question "Do these guy even acknowledge that they're turtles?"
We’re not unicorns!

Last edited by Luckyday; 02-22-2014 at 02:05 AM.
Old 02-22-2014, 07:37 AM   #1092
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

Well, if you're basing this on the Nick universe, think about Mikey's reaction to Slash. He was shocked to see him and yet excited at the prospect of another turtle being around even though it was Spike. So going by that, I'd say Mikey would be shocked at first and then wanting to befriend the female. The others would be wary at first and then warm up to the idea.

And, yes, they acknowledge that they're turtles. In "Never Say Xever" Donatello even stated that they're freshwater turtles and they could be descended from the diamondback terrapin.

Old 02-22-2014, 11:22 AM   #1093
Luckyday
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Well, if you're basing this on the Nick universe, think about Mikey's reaction to Slash. He was shocked to see him and yet excited at the prospect of another turtle being around even though it was Spike. So going by that, I'd say Mikey would be shocked at first and then wanting to befriend the female. The others would be wary at first and then warm up to the idea.

And, yes, they acknowledge that they're turtles. In "Never Say Xever" Donatello even stated that they're freshwater turtles and they could be descended from the diamondback terrapin.
Yes. But it's more of a phyiscal sense, especially more so for Donnie but not so much on a psychological scale.
We’re not unicorns!

Last edited by Luckyday; 02-22-2014 at 11:28 AM.
Old 02-22-2014, 01:46 PM   #1094
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

Okay, I'm a bit confused on the psychological aspect you're going for. Could you explain that more for me?

Old 02-22-2014, 02:21 PM   #1095
Luckyday
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Okay, I'm a bit confused on the psychological aspect you're going for. Could you explain that more for me?
Alright lets forget a minute that they're not same type of turtles. So in a given situation of two turtles. One has human aspirations to stay in relationship and raise their offspring and the other will lay her eggs and be on her merry way.
We’re not unicorns!
Old 02-23-2014, 12:02 AM   #1096
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
So you're going from the "how human are they" in their thinking aspect. Got it. I take it she acts more on instinct, where they are more intelligent and emotional. That is an interesting way to look at it, actually. I've tried to touch on some of that with mine (the whole mating season issue, and how it affects their behavior on an instinctive and/or subconscious level) but that's a new and very different take on it. I'd say they'd be curious more than anything. After the initial surprise wears off (I don't see them being truly shocked, but more like they just didn't expect to ever see another one- though perhaps that's less likely with Slash running around) I'd think they'd be very curious how she came to be, and to what extent she is like them. Donnie especially might be fascinated from a purely intellectual pov.

Edit: and since I almost forgot- new chapter of ToTC is up!

Link: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/9536626...e-of-Two-Clans

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 07:40 AM   #1097
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

Read and reviewed, Duckie. Awesome job as always.

And, LD, I see what you mean. It's more about whether they still identify themselves as turtles when they see her or if they still see themselves as mutants. Thanks for clarifying.

Old 02-28-2014, 03:13 PM   #1099
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

Read and reviewed it, Zar. Loved April's and Kala's banter in this one, and I can't wait for more.

Old 02-28-2014, 04:39 PM   #1100
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Thanks Bubbly. Definitely having fun with April and Kala's cat-calls to one another.
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote