The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 11-01-2017, 12:41 PM   #15641
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Another to add to that list is Mick Foley, even though he was champion 3 times, all 3 times were transitional championships that lasted a few days max though one was not even 24 hours. He even joked about it saying he was transitional champion three times making him the best transitional champion in the history of the WWF
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 02:28 PM   #15642
The Deadman
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
You got a point there. When I think Intercontinental Champion as definitive two people come to mind, Roddy Piper and Bret Hart. Perhaps its old school,but that who sticks out. Miz being in their company shows how good he is.

Two big names never got the WWE Champion belt/Heavyweight Champion belt that I felt should have, Roddy Piper and Kane. Sure, Kane had it...for one day,but I don't count a blink of an eye championship just to say "hey, this big name has been champion" and move on. Roddy could have taken it from Hogan in one pay-per-view and lose it again to Hogan in the next.
Kane actually had the World Heavyweight Championship for a few months during his last main title run.

Last Movie Watched: Hell House LLC (2015).
Last TV Show Watched: Adventures of Sonic The Hedgehog (S1:E29).
The Deadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 04:35 PM   #15643
dl316bh
Stone Warrior

Quote:
You got a point there. When I think Intercontinental Champion as definitive two people come to mind, Roddy Piper and Bret Hart. Perhaps its old school,but that who sticks out. Miz being in their company shows how good he is.
He's actually well on his way to being the guy who has held the championship the longest of anyone in combined reigns. Only two people are above him and unless he loses the IC title before the next Raw brand PPV he's probably surpassing Don Muraco.

It's not just the length of time he's held the belt or the number of times he's held it either; I mean, Dolph has held it five times and fifty five days short of a full year combined and who the hell can remember any of his reigns? Miz has actually put it together in the past several years, regaining all the charisma he misplaced for years, turning into a good worker in the ring again and making the title feel important just by virtue of how much he seems to genuinely care about it. His past three reigns over the last year and a half have completely redeemed his prior four reigns and made the image of him with the belt feel fitting.

Even better, and something we should all thank him for, is that he's helped quash the jokes about the Intercontinental title and the "curse" of it, just through stability. It was only four or five years ago when a bunch of talented people were struggling to make it mean something again only to run into a wall when booking kept blowing any attempts out of the water. I wouldn't say it has the prestige of the days of the prior mentioned champions, but it feels like it's a title that matters again, especially when the brands world title is frequently MIA.

Goes to show you how much good a guy actually desiring and talking up how much he values a title can do for it sometimes.

Quote:
Two big names never got the WWE Champion belt/Heavyweight Champion belt that I felt should have, Roddy Piper and Kane. Sure, Kane had it...for one day,but I don't count a blink of an eye championship just to say "hey, this big name has been champion" and move on. Roddy could have taken it from Hogan in one pay-per-view and lose it again to Hogan in the next.
Roddy is one that always puzzles me. Could you imagine the nuclear heat he would have had if he screwed Hogan over for the title, as nasty as he was as a heel back then? Give the dude the title in a scummy way, let him unload verbally for a few months and man, I imagine the rematch where Hogan takes it back would have been big.

Quote:
Another to add to that list is Mick Foley, even though he was champion 3 times, all 3 times were transitional championships that lasted a few days max though one was not even 24 hours. He even joked about it saying he was transitional champion three times making him the best transitional champion in the history of the WWF
One of those reigns even happened because Stone Cold refused to drop to Triple H. I kind of feel bad for Mick. He is a former WWE champion and that does count for something, legacy-wise - especially since the Rock feud is well remembered and liked - but they couldn't even let him hold on to the championship for a bit. They could have cut the back and forth of his first two reigns down into one, let him hold it for like a month and a half and then dropped it back to Rock for the 'Mania lead-up.

Quote:
Kane actually had the World Heavyweight Championship for a few months during his last main title run.
I don't remember much of it, but at the time I thought it was cool Kane was getting a shot at a world title for a bit. The WHC was really the belt they were okay taking a risk or two and putting on guys you might not expect, which was why I always liked the first brand split era and was not happy when it came to an end. Christian, Mark Henry, Booker T and Mark Henry would never have been allowed any sort of world title or chance to prove they could be an effective one in WWE without it.
Old 11-02-2017, 06:16 AM   #15644
The Deadman
Foot Elite

Impact Wrestling Looking to Possibly Work With ROH

This translates to "We're going to use a lot of your talent, but you can't have any of ours, ROH."

Old 11-03-2017, 09:18 PM   #15645
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Deadman View Post
I am just familiar with an instance which he beat Triple H and Triple H got it back the next night. I do not understand the point of those reigns under a week. Its like Roman's "5:15" bit or Seth passing the title to Dean in about the same time interval. If a title is going to be won, don't make a reign cheap like that and wonder why it was event won to begin with. It seemed like WWE was trying to go through its top tier and make sure they all had a top title victory in a checklist.

Do these international tours try to stick to continuity? Or is it forgotten and star quality and match quality the focus?Triple H donning Shield gear after he turned Rollins on the Shield with his plan B? Seth after "coming to his senses" had him goad Triple H into a match and calling himself "The Kingslayer". All of that makes the move a head scratcher.

https://www.cagesideseats.com/wwe/20...eld-house-show
Old 11-04-2017, 01:27 AM   #15646
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
I am just familiar with an instance which he beat Triple H and Triple H got it back the next night.
That was Austin, not HHH. Kane never beat Hunter for the World title. Kane's only beaten Hunter for the IC belt.
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2017, 03:10 AM   #15647
dl316bh
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Do these international tours try to stick to continuity? Or is it forgotten and star quality and match quality the focus?Triple H donning Shield gear after he turned Rollins on the Shield with his plan B? Seth after "coming to his senses" had him goad Triple H into a match and calling himself "The Kingslayer". All of that makes the move a head scratcher.

https://www.cagesideseats.com/wwe/20...eld-house-show
It's because they're house shows. They play a bit faster and looser with these things because they're for the people in attendance and won't make TV, so they can do whatever they want without having to explain it. In this case, it really is as simple as WWE needing a big name to replace Roman for the European tour - because Roman's still out with that infection - and Triple H is a big enough name. If it's not on TV it doesn't "count" except in very rare cases.

They've used house shows as trial runs for feuds for as long as wrestling has been going for just this reason; they can do what they need to without worrying about having to explain it or making it count. As I recall, disappointing draw numbers and reaction to Hulk Hogan vs Ric Flair on the house show circuit is one of the reasons they pulled back on doing it at Wrestlemania VIII, for example.
Old 11-04-2017, 06:35 PM   #15648
The Deadman
Foot Elite

Joey Ryan And His Penis Won A Tag Team Title Together

Old 11-04-2017, 08:02 PM   #15649
dl316bh
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Joey Ryan and his gimmick may be the weirdest thing to ever find some success and fans in wrestling.
Old 11-05-2017, 09:13 AM   #15650
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Kenny Omega's opponent at Wrestlekingdom 12 revealed.

Also, Triple H paid a visit to ICW

https://twitter.com/ConnorCupples/st...088508416?s=09
Old 11-05-2017, 01:39 PM   #15651
dl316bh
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
Kenny Omega's opponent at Wrestlekingdom 12 revealed.
That promo was freaking great. So much about it was cool. Jericho finally going in and taking back the "Best in the World" tagline, listing the people who called themselves that but aren't around anymore, the reaction when he announced he wanted to face Omega. Great stuff. It's really cool Y2J is doing this between WWE stints and Fozzy tours.

Also cool, some in the crowd chanting Y2J. Don't Japanese crowds typically not do that at wrestling shows?
Old 11-05-2017, 09:35 PM   #15652
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Jimmy Jacobs (Thanks for firing him Vince ) debuted at Bound for Glory and Sami Callihan also.
Old 11-06-2017, 03:35 AM   #15653
The Deadman
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by dl316bh View Post
That promo was freaking great. So much about it was cool. Jericho finally going in and taking back the "Best in the World" tagline, listing the people who called themselves that but aren't around anymore, the reaction when he announced he wanted to face Omega. Great stuff. It's really cool Y2J is doing this between WWE stints and Fozzy tours.

Also cool, some in the crowd chanting Y2J. Don't Japanese crowds typically not do that at wrestling shows?
During the actual wrestling part of the show they'll be quiet as a form of respect to the wrestlers, every so often getting into it by clapping or cheering.

NJPW Power Struggle
Spoiler:

– David Finlay defeated Katsuya Kitamura @ 5:35 via pin [**½]
– The Young Bucks defeated Dragon Lee & Titan @ 7:35 via pin [***¼]
– Juice Robinson, Jushin Thunder Liger, Tiger Mask IV, KUSHIDA & Hirai Kawato defeated Suzuki-gun @ 5:25 via pin [***]
– Togi Makabe, Hiroyoshi Tenzan & Satoshi Kojima defeated Cody, Yujiro Takahashi & Chase Owens @ 8:30 via pin [**]
– Super Junior Tag Team Tournament Finals: Roppongi 3k defeated Ryusuke Taguchi & ACH @ 16:25 via pin [***½]
– Kazuchika Okada, Hirooki Goto, Tomohiro Ishii, YOSHI-HASHI & Gedo defeated Tetsuya Naito, EVIL, SANADA, BUSHI & Hiromu Takahashi @ 12:15 via pin [***¾]
– NEVER Openweight Title Bull Rope Match: Champion Minoru Suzuki defeated Toru Yano @ 16:23 via pin [DUD]
– IWGP Junior Heavyweight Title Match: Marty Scurll defeated Champion Will Ospreay @ 17:50 via pin [****]
– IWGP US Title Match: Champion Kenny Omega defeated Trent Beretta @ 21:45 via pin [****¼ ]
– IWGP Intercontinental Title Match: Champion Hiroshi Tanahashi defeated Kota Ibushi @ 29:20 via pin [****¾]

Impact Wrestling Bound for Glory
Spoiler:

– X-Division Title Match: Champion Trevor Lee defeated Dezmond Xavier, Matt Sydal, Petey Williams, Sonjay Dutt, and Garza Jr @ 12:40 via pin [***¼]
– Tajiri Ishimori defeated Tyson Dux @ 4:50 via pin [**]
– Monster’s Ball: Abyss defeated Grado @ 10:55 via pin[*]
– Team Impact defeated Team AAA @ 15:25 via pin [**]
– Tag Team Championship 5150 Street Fight: Champions oVe defeated LAX @ 10:21 via pin [**½]
– Knockouts Title Match: Gail Kim defeated Champion Sienna & Allie @ 9:45 via pin [**]
– Six Sides of Steel Match: Lashley & King Mo defeated Moose & Stephan Bonnar @ 10:38 via pin[*]
– World Title Match: Champion Eli Drake defeated Johnny Impact @ 19:33 via pin[*]

Old 11-06-2017, 09:29 AM   #15654
Krutch
Like, stupid rich.

Random thought... Has Chris Jericho ever won with his "C'mon, baby!" one foot on the chest pin?
Krutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 02:37 AM   #15655
dl316bh
Stone Warrior

It looks like Roman's definitely not back in time for Survivor Series, because they gave the final slot on the mens tag to Jason Jordan tonight. Which is good, because at least one guy over there feels vulnerable, now. Otherwise, the Raw side was shaping up to be a murderers row all the way through. They're still probably winning either way.

Sheasaro winning the tag straps again was a surprise, but at least it's a lateral move as far as match quality for the tag champs exhibition. I was really looking forward to the Shield vs Usos, but Sheasaro are no slouches either. That match does feel a bit more predictable now, though, in that I think the Usos take it (Smackdown has to win some of the matches, after all, and I feel like at least one, probably the World Title exhibition, is going to have a f*** finish).

I think Asuka and Sasha Banks were announced for the womens tag tonight? I had my attention diverted at that point. I assume Bayley's the last one there. The Raw team, like the men, looks more impressive in general. Smackdown has Lynch, Charlotte and Naomi, but the last two slots are filled with scrubs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krutch View Post
Random thought... Has Chris Jericho ever won with his "C'mon, baby!" one foot on the chest pin?
Wish I could tell you. I don't think so, though, if only because I don't remember him using it all that long.
Old 11-07-2017, 07:24 AM   #15656
The Deadman
Foot Elite

Roman was confirmed as being on Raw next week and the current rumor is Shield vs New Day at Survivor Series.

Old 11-07-2017, 01:11 PM   #15657
AT-Man
I SEEN IT

Quote:
Roman was confirmed as being on Raw next week and the current rumor is Shield vs New Day at Survivor Series.
Yes, please.

Through the Golden Door
AT-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 02:00 PM   #15658
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Well

Spoiler:
AJ is now a two-time WWE Champion and will face Brock at Survivor Series
Old 11-07-2017, 03:06 PM   #15659
Coola Yagami
Overlord

So.. Smackdown Live is NOT Live.....

And AJ will get squashed by Brock.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 03:10 PM   #15660
dl316bh
Stone Warrior

Wow.

Suddenly, that match with Brock Lesnar seems actually interesting. Can AJ get him to actually put some effort into it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
So.. Smackdown Live is NOT Live.....

And AJ will get squashed by Brock.
Squashed is not what I expect. I think he'll lose unless there's a f*** finish, but he's not going to be steamrolled.

They're in England, that's why. Different time zones. They're always taped to air in the usual slots in US time. The big surprise here is that they actually have things happening, whereas they usually have Europe Raws be pretty uneventful.

Quote:
I am SO into that idea.

Tags
armbar#, silverdome brother, wrestling